Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve. Sorry I had to delete your post but you are not on base at the moment, you, Damien and Kyria are in Jackson while that meeting is happening. They specifically held it when the telepath wasn't present on purpose. smile Don't want her rooting around for the nuke codes after all.

Same thing applies to the President's visit. Everyone is welcome to join in. He has come to see with his own eyes whether or not the reports about you lot are true. He can be a powerful ally or a terrible adversary.

Quote:
"Right," she said, her heart starting to pound as she considered who to choose. ... The consideration of 'threats' made her think of Declan immediately, and adding Steve Courier was natural as well. He claimed that computers forgot him, which would make assessing this threat level difficult. And then the new man would be on Sergeant Hatchins.
I don't know whether to be thrilled or terrified. shocked

Originally Posted By: Courier
Quote:
"Right," she said, her heart starting to pound as she considered who to choose. ... The consideration of 'threats' made her think of Declan immediately, and adding Steve Courier was natural as well. He claimed that computers forgot him, which would make assessing this threat level difficult. And then the new man would be on Sergeant Hatchins.
I don't know whether to be thrilled or terrified. shocked

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

You're welcome, even if you don't know which feeling is coursing through your heart. grin

For the record. I am instituting Ping damage. After realizing that Omar could get hit all day long by staff weapons and not be scratched, I've decided that Ping damage is justified. However, in order to take the ping damage it does have to beat at least half your soak pool.

To quote Adrian, "Thus you aren't going to be beaten to death by old woman with rolling pins."

On the other hand even Omar will have to fear staff weapons at least if there are a number of them. smile

Let me make a correction. I forgot to take into consideration that Zat's and Staff weapons are Armor Piercing, so Omar should have taken 3 lethal instead of 1 from Ping. I'll leave things as they stand since the mistake was on my part, but keep in mind going forward that Staff weapons and Zats are dangerous even to you guys.

that's a tough question due to the nature of the energy attacks. the armor piercing is to simulate the fact that it is energy and not something that has to physically get past a persons armor at least as far as the Zats go. I'd say that for a Zat it definitely would not help.

For a Staff weapon it might. Let me ponder.

I'm going to leave ping damage to be bashing or lethal depending on the source. The reason for ping damage is for those characters who would otherwise be indestructible and not be challenged. If it were straight bashing damage Omar could yawn as he waded in to a group of 20 staff wielding jaffa and not worry. With it being lethal at least he still has to be respectful of the men with the big guns. smile

Archived