Aberrant: In the Beginning - Table Talk- In the Beginning

Titan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I totally concur with that. In fact, that very issue is one reason I have so much trouble with WODA.

No, the goal with ItB is that the PC's will have goals and things that they want to do. The things they do to achieve those goals and wants will reverberate, causing cascades of consequences (that I will define and adjudicate). In this manner the PC's will define the game world, but not because their players are working out plots...but rather because the PCs are taking actions that change the world.

Jedi has tons of goals and most of them are large and world effecting so that's cool with me. Just let me know when we are kicking things off again and I'll jump back in. To be honest with things stalled, I haven't been checking in much around this game lately, that's my bad.

Inoue is going to need to be attached to someone(s) else, at least to begin with. She's just started to understand that she doesn't have to be the perfect Japanese daughter to live a fulfilling life, but her personality is definitely more of a beta than a alpha. So, I'd love to have her meet up with other PC's and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Yar, sorry for the delay in answering.

I've been considering my options. On the one hand is me running this game, and on the other are the games I'm playing in. After...well, spending far too much time fooling myself, I admit I can't do both.

Under the circumstances, I'm deciding to discontinue In The Beginning. I apologize for dragging it out so long. For awhile I thought I'd be able to pull it out, but it seems I'll have to wait for some of the games I'm in to end before I can try to run something.

I feel really bad about it, but it's reached the point that I'm just prolonging the pain by delaying any longer.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and for the great contributions you made to this game.

Shame to hear that Max, it always sucks when a game goes under.

I wonder if this could be done as an open world? The only problem I could see with that is that we have some character with very different visions of what we want the world to be and how to get there. There would almost have to be a single person as arbiter determining what happens even if they don't initiate stories and meta plot.

Thoughts?

I had the feeling that this was going to happen. At least you tried Smax and that's a big plus in my book.

As far as turning this game into an Open world I wouldn't follow that path and would have to bow out of the game.

The amazing thing about ITB was the metaplot created by Titan (I don't know how much the CO-STs had their say in that so if you guys were part of it I'm sorry to have not mentioned you) - I don't think this game can go on as an Open World game.

It was one of the best things I did and I'm sorry it is over. I'll always remember it as something great.

I wouldn't play this as an open game, as I, personally, am too entrenched in the ST=plot mindset.

Hey, Titan, didn't you say something about being back... *hopeful smile* Maybe someone else (hopefully Titan) can pick this game up... maybe?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Strike that - it seems using different Forum layouts (I use one for each of my accounts to know at a glance with which I'm logged in) also strongly affects how much text is readable - on my Violet account this thread spans over 119 pages - on Fahrenheits only 30. But I double checked and nothing is missing.

Ok, Roll Call!

1. Jedi

2. Juno

3. Fahrenheit

4. Jaunt

5. Wei Fang

6. Nathan or Knockout

7. Joe Smith

8. Richard Stevenson

9. Voltage

If I missed you and you have said that you wanted to play, then please let me know soonish. I will take one more. That's it, as I cannot possibly do justice to more than ten players (and may have my hands quite full as is)

Yes, I'm sorry, I cannot fill the last spot with someone new. If Katalyst or Sky or Rorx or Darklighter or any of the other half dozen players who played in the original game happen to check in tomorrow, instead of today, I cannot justify that I have filled the last spot with a new player. Maybe we'll play in another game sometime. Thanks for being interested in playing.

Roll Call part 2

When last we saw these folks, they were...

Fahrenheit - Ibiza, Spain

Jaunt - Future: Avondale, AZ, USA

Knockout - A University in... Canada?

Joe Smith - Future: Undisclosed Cave

Richard Stevenson - Zion Nuclear Plant near Lake Michigan

Juno - On a sub w/ Katalyst and Michael Peters

Jedi- Mick's cafe in London

Wei Fang - Mick's Cafe in London

Voltage - Mick's Cafe in London

Miss anyone, or get anyone wrong? If I got you right, give me some idea of what your priorities would be in the next week or so. I'll use Jedi as an example. Fox might say, 'Jedi would continue to work with the Aeon so that I have first crack at the new Novus. In the meantime, I have my lawyers form 'Novus, Inc.' with a charter out of Geneva.'

Or something. If you are in the future, assume that you have made it back in one piece, and have been a bit scared by the possible future you saw. When you came back to the present, you would have appeared in London, at Trafalgar Square, with many Aeon Novus and staff nearby.

Now, I'm gonna gloss over what has happened, but I want to do it in as much detail as possible, so that it doesn't feel as glossed over. Like I said to a couple of you in chat: Getting the ball rolling will be the hardest part, but once we are up to speed, we'll go pretty strong, I think.

PM me if you have any comments or questions, or plot points, that you don't want the world at large to be privy to. I'm going to try to get everyone something TODAY.

As I recall, Juno had actually found some kind of underwater installation, and had been 'captured' and was waiting to be interrogated.

I'm fine with retconning that and resetting to the sub though, if that's what you'd prefer.

No, no worries. I need to get with Dawn and find out what the heck was going on down there, though, if only for my peace of mind. So,

Juno - In an underwater installation w/ Michael Peters and Katalyst

Archived