Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olivia will be to Galahad shortly, though she's not looking forward to it.

At some point she's going to realize she needs to look in on the new chief too, if she realized it now, she might just put off visiting with the too hansom man a bit longer. Galahad makes her no end of uncomfortable.

Galahad, could you please change:

Quote:
"He did specifically tell me to ask you about when you were infected," she interjects.

To:

Quote:
"I do need some specifics on your infection," Olivia presses.

Olivia wouldn't have relayed a question, but she'd have made it a point to get the information for herself.

Thank you.

and your worried about a brief one line in which I ended up telling your character something instead of ignoring the questions again....

I just said something that would make him more likely to tell you rather than ignoring you again and waiting for you to ask yourself in the next post.

As such you also took liberties with my characters in your posts. Worked fine with Verity, but as Galahad as regen I doubt he has any of the wounds mentioned, even though he was treated much harsher, but I'm going with the flow.

Yes, it doesn't fit the character. The only liberty I took with Verity was a small one - unless he planned on not letting her examine him. Had you decided he should dodge her question, she would have said something about it, but moved on, like she did with their names.

I'm sorry my polite request offended you.

Since I don't have access to either character - I wouldn't know he has regen - I'll edit that. But since I did get some of the story on what they went through, the injuries seemed logical. I apologize.

But other than her not looking at him or smiling, both of which have to do with her being uncomfortable, she asked almost the same questions, just allowing for variation because she could tell he was a 'super' as the PCs here call them.

Olivia is still a new character - I'm still finding her voice, so things will be a bit inconsistent at first. But more than that - she's still in a state of flux as a character - trying to make plans for a future in a world gone crazy and she's clinging as hard as she can to some semblance of sanity - and part of that is being reserved, it's her nature.

My apologies, I didnt mean for the post to be offensive, I was just a little annoyed at another site where they had complained about me changing the name of an item to something that was shaped similarly but I still used the original items stat block. Going on about how they wouldnt allow it, righteous bastards. All I was doing was calling a shortsword a wakizashi so I didnt use anything not in the SRD.

What you asked me to change to will remove 3/4 of my post on edit as it changes the request completely and will most likely get you an "Ask Verity" answer.

What might work better for me, while still keeping along the same lines is...

"Verity seemed reluctant to talk about specific times, especially when you were infected, could you elaborate on it?"

Is that suitable?

I do understand the frustration that can come as part of a pbp game - it's really hard to communicate when you don't have body language and voice tone to work with. And there are always bull headed people out there who don't want to work with you on anything.

I didn't want you to have to rework so I was trying to offer an alternative that would work for the character - looks like we both have characters with interesting quirks to work around.

And yes, that change to the question would be fine, thank you for working with me on this.

Two things, folks:

First of all, I just wanted to toss out a suggestion to some of you new guys. All of us PBP/RPG-Post veterans have been through this situation at one point or another. I often find it helpful, if I have something I want to do, to either catch the player in chat, or shoot off a quick PM (usually accompanied by a note in the shout box like "PM for Bond!") before making my post, to ask any clarifying questions about the post. It's helpful to avoid stepping on folk's toes. Otherwise, I have a tendency not to assume. Unless, perhaps, it involves an NPC. In which case, if Carver's not around, I usually put up my post, but throw out a quick note to Carver.

On that note, my second thing:

Carver, I just wanted to check and see if the Mrigesh stuff in my last post is okay. If not, let me know or feel free to change whatever needs to be changed. I was pretty sure he's doing his medicinal work for free, though. laugh

Thanks! Hadn't even considered using the Swedish Chef, might be an excellent idea for when I am getting tired of this one...

Also, I do apologize for the wall of text in The Box. Olivia made me do it. ^_^

Well, not literally of course, but it was too good a setup to pass the shot.

Oh don't worry - already watched that episode months ago. Fortunately, the values produced by Benedict are much higher than in the show, and he has a few gimmicks they didn't consider. Steel teeth? Amateurish.

Remember that the myth was based on Jaws from James Bond. And it would indeed be a bad idea to bite down on steel cable if a) your teeth are less powerful than steel, B) you don't use jaw motion (teeth require a scissors function to work, not just chomping down and hoping a sharp edge cuts it as they did in the show) and c) the wonders of biology providing us meaty creatures with salliva to start the digestive process as well as teeth to cut up our fare.

Ah yeah, that's a blast from the past. One Piece was pretty awesome, but after two seasons or so it started to drift quite a bit and I stopped watching.

As for Arlong, it would kind of be like that - but I am trying to keep things slightly anatomically correct as far as I can. And of course Benedict doesn't have a sawfish nose.

Lyda, teh general rule is to try to observe time differences in threads, but if that would mean someone doesn't get to play for weeks, we'll generally fudge things a little. So play it by ear; if anyone gets upset about something, we'll talk about it here and work it out. smile

Not the best answer, but pbp can be like that sometimes. smile

If anyone has anything they want to do before I close the Box and move on, please let me know by 5 pm CST tomorrow. The Box will be open for a bit regardless, but this is so that you can do something that has to be done before I move on.

Thanks!

-The Management

So is Myf not coming back to the box? Cause that's what Olivia is waiting for. She can do the lancing without Myf - though I don't see a real need to rp that - but without getting that contact with the other doctor, she really has nothing further to do besides go back to her convoy.

Myf can come back, but I was getting the sense that people are ready to move on. I am ready to have you guys get to something more actiony, but will leave the Box open (I lock and move threads to the Archives when they're closed) for RP for a while.

Greetings, new to the boards and wandered in here after Dawn,OOC mentioned this game was open.

I read the house rules and Character creation post, but am unclear on how the character submission process works. Should I just create a thread in the characters section? I had originally thought to create a burned out nurse who erupted while dying of alcoholism, but the 20 nova point starting rule will make it difficult to start with even one rank of healing.

Also, I'm not sure that I have a handle on the setting. It's Aberrant, but zombies started over-running the cities around the time that novae started erupting? Where do you suggest (geographically) that a newbie start?

Cani, create a PM to me - put something like DR character or [ZOM] in the subject. You can make a PM by clicking on my name to the left and selecting "Send a PM".

You can use Freebie Points to buy Quantum, and that's recommended if you need to buy a lot. Don't forget that Taint can be used to buy things at half-cost, too. I'd be happy to help you with the build. You'll also get a bank of xp to buy more things with.

Usually, people send me the build and the background, then we discuss it.

The world is not the standard Abby setting. It is sent in our world after the zombies, set in July of 2007. The novas are not called such IC; everyone has a different name for them: Enhanced, Super, even Gods.

Eruption occurs from contracting the Z-virus; most who do die and become a zombie but some lucky few become super-humans. Your character could easily be an alcoholic who was drunk off his ass when he was bitten.

We can talk about where you start once we know your background and what you want to do with the PC.

Any more questions? smile

Archived