Aberrant: 200X - The 200X Bible is in this Thread. Discuss.

Nova OOC

Quote:

If you wish to speak on this further, you can address me publicly, because I don't respond to your PMs anymore. I want to know I'm writing publicly before I get back-doored with it after the fact.

Why Seph? Did you have something to hide? You should have never sent that to me in the first place. Nova should have posted her demands publicly for me to respond to.

I would have only included her portion of it but I felt like then I would be being called into quetion for editing. it needed to be posted in context.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: *Overload*
Why Seph? Did you have something to hide? You should have never sent that to me in the first place. Nova should have posted her demands publicly for me to respond to.

Nova asked me to forward them to you to avoid any further public unpleasantness and because she did not want to speak to you. Also, I volunteered.

And I have nothing to hide. You simply lack courtesy and respect, and accordingly, I'm done with you.

Hmm..

Actually when you put it that way. yeah. I should have responded privately to Seph and asked him why Nova's request was so rediculous. he and i could have hashed it out. Though now that i think of it from the tone of the PM, it was supposed to be non negotiable.

BTW that is the first time i have EVER posted a PM publicly. I have never felt the need to before. I have an amzing track record gaming online in forums at this point. So please dont think me trying to keep this disagreement from being swept in the shadows reflects on how i actually game.

I can list dozens of people who have gamed with me who can speak to my integrity as a gamer. Several of them are joining in this new setting and I'd like to play with them if nonone else. I know they appreciate me.

Originally Posted By: Seph OOC
Originally Posted By: *Overload*

Nova asked me to forward them to you to avoid any further public unpleasantness and because she did not want to speak to you. Also, I volunteered.

And I have nothing to hide. You simply lack courtesy and respect, and accordingly, I'm done with you.

I have plenty of respect for those who have earned it. So far you had earned mine Seph. I thought maybe you could see things from my point of view. Go back and read Ashnod s compliation if you dare. I dont think it was Ashnods intent but she showed exactly how this thing escalated.

I felt like Nova ignored a small majority of us, spoke up. She made a snippy comment. I asked her who made her queen and she took the crown! At that point I was more amused than anything. I called them the stortelling nazis the same way the soup nazi is such in Seinfeld. "No soup for you! One year!"

i think thats where things started really getting out of control. Then I jobed with my silly voice and she took it as an afront to her sexuality...WHICH I HAD NO CLUE OF.

Alot of people seemed to think so. I have tried to spell it out it wasnt my intention. I have never once taken this thing personaally. Yet I myself have taken SO MUCH SHIT FROM SO MANY OF YOU. People ACTUALLY insulting me personally which I do find very odd considering we dont know each other.

WTF?

Originally Posted By: Wargear
Overload -

Suffice to say that you have not made a favorable impression as to your integrity or your good sense, as a gamer or otherwise.

Only because i have been judged harshly and taken a shit ton of negativity that has had me up in arms. i have seriously awesome track records for both integrity and gaming.

And btw as Soma mentioned, the only time he has ever seen me get as upset at anything online was when someone else over on Eon was actually demeaning someone who was openly gay on the forums. This person knew the other was gay and was making remarks about how disgusting that person was or something. i shut it down hard and fast and it really pissed me off.

look a freind of mine here on the forums called me on the PM thing. never done that before its true. it was pointed out how and why this burned Seph.

Seph, I am sorry. I didnt know it would burn you like that and I have nothing against you. I apologize and will go edit the PM, save Novas part from my post.

I could have worded my response different too, along the lines of "it was requested of me via PM to...etc".

Upon further conversation with said good friend, it has been said that Seph was trying to mediate between us.

That was cool and good of you Seph.

Mediators arent supposed to deliver ultimatums though so that part wasnt so great. Facilitating a conversation would have been more mediator like.

What I felt from it ws something akin to being in kindergarten where some kid is mad at you and asks another kid to tell you something or pass you a note because "they arent speaking to you." It felt and still feels painfully childish.

But again thats my feeling about Nova not you Seph. As has been pointed out to me you were acting in good conscience and genuinely wanted to help the situation. Again I am sorry to have upset you.

Could someone who is sane and not a disgusting, unbalanced, retarded, shit-flinging, socially-fucked dickhead explain to me logic in the following?

Someone insults someone, using outright attacks and perjoratives.

The object of that attack gets offended.

The offender then gets a wide-eyed, faux-innnocent look on their face and says "But they're just words. How can they have any effect." in a passive-aggressive attempt to place blame on the victim.

Now, why would the offender use that type of communication (ie insults and attacks) unless they thought it would have a specific effect? So, is the offender truly a sociopathic little shit-stain or is he simply a fucking moron?

Hugin, you hit on a significant part of the explanation without even trying; passive aggressive.

What I find amazing is the terribly sad insecurity that allows any attention to be seen as good. It took all of a day for my son, when he was 4-years old no less, to crack the code on that one. Of course he's a well loved kid not prone to delusions or socially inept. Here you have a person with above average intelligence but lacking the corresponding level of maturity to actually interact with people on an adult level. In real life he's probably learned to mask the deficiency. Unfortunately, the faceless nature of the internet robs him of the social cues he needs to pretend to be a functional human being.

In short form, with a nod to Jordan for being more succinct about it, he's a troll.

Quote:
Here you have a person with above average intelligence but lacking the corresponding level of maturity to actually interact with people on an adult level. In real life he's probably learned to mask the deficiency. Unfortunately, the faceless nature of the internet robs him of the social cues he needs to pretend to be a functional human being.

Yet even with all the insults, attacks on his intellect and insanity. After all the teasing and to him, Overload is still willing to participate.

From my experience, THAT is how adults act.

Teenagers and children cry about how someone said something that hurt their feelings. Adults shrug their shoulders and say 'What's gotten into him'.

Children get others to fight their battles for them, because they do not have the emotional capability to so. Adults look at a disagreement between two people and say to themselves. "They can fight their own battles." Instead, we have 4 or five people attacking one person, because he insulted another person, who is unwilling, or incapable of fighting their own battles. Now this group, who is dog-piling on that one person, has the audacity to call him a passive agressive child? I think there is a lot of psychological projection happening here.

I am intevening to say that ALL of you are acting like children. If I could, I'd bend each one of you over my knee and give you a good spanking.

Said person attacked another without provocation, threw a temper tantrum, and attempted to rally everyone to his call.

That is not the act of a mature adult.

You can paint the public reaction in any light you wish, but the fact the remains the attacks were made in a public forum, with responses CALLED for by the one making the attacks. That the community reacted in a contrary matter to what Overload wanted isn't children fighting someone elses battle, but a public response to a public attack. If this was meant to be resolved entirely between 2 people, it should have been in pms. Your responsible adult should not have attacked in public, rallied for support in public, if he didn't want a public response, regardless of the form it took.

Lets also not forget that said responsible adult had allies, initially, which negates your argument

Overload wrote:

Quote:

Nova posted almost excatly the same wording yesterday and the other person invovled apologized and all is now right between them and Nova.

Overload, you know we are friends, but you did start this and you escalated it when you could have easily defused the situation with a little patience.

Second, what you are forgetting or not understanding is that TEXT does not carry tone of voice. While your words may not have been intended as they came across, they did come across as hurtful and mean-spirited. Soup-Nazi is funny because it's in a visual/auditory form where the humor comes across. Text minus smilies or explainations does not carry humor, it can only be interpreted as literal from the wording, and the wording was inflamatory.

In the Democracy In Action topic I wrote:

Quote:
This entire 'Democracy in Action! topic has been completely unproductive. It is time to move on. If anyone has preferences on how they would like to change Nova's proposal please feel free to make them in the 'bible' thread where they were intended to be. I expect any such proposals to be completely devoid of personal attacks an snide comments. Any posts in that thread not aimed at getting this game running, but instead to draw people into a fight will result in a vote being called, a vote to label that person a dick and kick them. See rule #1.

We've now waisted another half day on pointing fingers and name calling. I'm tired of it. Overload, I pointed out in the PM to you where I stand. We're still friends and I hope you can create a new ID and join in under an assumed name, but I don't think at this point that you can participate in this forum as Overload. You've gotten just about everyone but White Rat calling for your ousting. If you hadn't earned Seph's ire things might have been ok and recoverable, but at this point you have 2 of the three mods pissed at you and the third annoyed that the discussion has been brought to a stand still for three days over a flamewar.

This is Nova's baby and she doesn't want you to participate. Seph is very irked with you for your breach of ettiquette. Unless you can come to terms with them, I think it is time for you to bow out and move on.

You know that we are friends so I don't say this lightly.

Originally Posted By: The White Rat
Children get others to fight their battles for them, because they do not have the emotional capability to so. Adults look at a disagreement between two people and say to themselves. "They can fight their own battles."

Then why don't you follow your own ideal and shut up?

Just for the record, let me correct what I said above. I am not advocating that Overload should play under an assumed name. My point was that I don't think Overload can play in the setting and have OOC issues not effect IC characters. I think at this point that even trying will be detrimental to the setting unless he could somehow makeup with Nova and Seph and everyone else that has become involved.

Apologies for taking up your time Fox. That goes for Seph too. Thank you White Rat for seeing the whole debocle from my perspective. The level of anger and hatred still being spat by Nova is rediculous to me. I have friends in this forum so I will find a way to participate at some point if I have the time.

For now however I find the prospect of gaming with my many beloved STs more compelling. I enjoy the mystery of things unscripted in advance and the fun of not knowing created by the dice. I do have some ideas for character fictions or might just use this as a way to write about some of my favorite characters in a cooperative setting with the friends I know I have here. Might be nice to make some new friends too...even you Nova.

In the meantime please enjoy telling your stories.

Overload out.

Archived