AWS OOC: Goals

WS ST

we are at a cross roads in AWS. in game your characters are returned to reality from the quantum construct created by Pandora. the fact that you reappear in the Canadian mountains does not mean that you are back in time but it could if that is what you all wish.

Here are the facts:

1 - Pandora and the other Titans are dead. that threat is finished. period

2- Devin is alive but his mind is gone broken by a vindictive and sadistic Pandora. y'all can care for him but you cannot save him. however if dave ever decides to come back well i have that covered.

3- Keys can still unlock

4 - once the word of this gets out the world will be well chaos will be an understatement.

those are the only things that are set in stone

what want is to know what y'all want going forward. the first thing is let me know when you want the group to have reappeared in the timeline from the end of the giant grizzly fight to the activation of sean and abels satellites  then I want three goals each of your character has for the future... these can be personal or broader in scope thye can be short term, medium, or long but I do need at least one that is long term.

once i have everyone's entry, who is sticking with the game, posted here I will sort through them set things up

oh and no "whatever you decide" entries I want real answers

thank you

Timeline: A day or two after the Bear Fight at most. 1) Less time for something to go wrong at Irregular Solutions Inc. We've had enough angst on that front for now, IMHO. 2) Groundhog's Day Scenarios can be comedy gold. The big montage post ficlet practically writes itself.

Jeane's Goals

1) Re-rebuild her life (family, professional, social, educational) now that things are apparently no longer virtual. Even better, maybe. Pandora's little hellscape has shown how bad things could get if they isolate and let things break down, so Jeane's going leverage her abilities into connecting with friends (key and otherwise), family, and the people she can influence without being Sean-level pretty or Lilly-level strong. 

2) Seek, engage, and dismantle as nicely as possible any and all conspiracies threatening to the long term survival *and* future growth of Keykind. This includes other Keys. No need to go full lockdown on an entire branch of the human race when we've potentially pissed off all the Titan's followers by slaying their gods.

3) Get Abel away from his desk and into the Underverse for some no stakes exploration now that the world is no longer on fire. At least as soon as she can take him along without having to hurt herself. This is her one big talent no one else seems to have at the moment, barring Kia using her copy abilties, so she's going to try and develop that one's effectiveness. Lots of quantum training to sink into that project as well as teleportation in general now that Devin is definitely out of commission as a provider on that front.

Unofficial 4th Goal: See if Actual!Sara is 1/2 as much as a bitch as Pandora!Sara was. Punch her in the nose if she is. :D

I'd be fine with a return within a day or so of the fight against the Bear.  I do question whether that would render all the talks on the Keys, and the actions Sean and Abel took to prevent further unlocking moot, and whether we'd all retain the memories of those talks and actions.   I will admit that I, the player, never liked that whole aspect of things (keys are aberations outside the original irregulars), but it certainly added some real drama to what the Irregulars were doing, and hammered home their ability to affect the whole world.  There are still so many unanswered questions about Keys in general, admittedly I would like to explore that before we go Scarlet Witch with "No more Keys."

Another thing for everyone to consider, the Sara who pushed for those actions was Pandora in disguise, Meaning that was something "She" wanted to happen, and we potentially have a chance to correct the mistake we made with our course of action.

God only knows what it might change, but it's something to talk about, to be sure.

Also if we did that, would that create copies of us, or would we be essentially superimposed over the Us of that time?

I am confused, in  what would actually be so chaotic about what you listed, as we didn't fight Pandora on Earth, and outside the project I don't recall anyone knowing about her.   

Goals
1) Global Advancement-   Abel seeks to continue gathering and educating Keys, hoping to help them reach their full potential, both for their betterment, and to the betterment of the entire world.  He also plans to work alongside Sean and others advancing Earth's technology and societal levels, helping humanity rise from endless war towards Enlightenment and the Stars

2)  Exploration, Eventual Colonization-   Both in this Universe, and others.  Abel's been to other planets, but he wants to continue seeing new ones, and the Gate technology is still there for humanity to use.  In addition, Abel wishes to continue exploring the multiverse with Jeane, starting with the Underverse.  This wouldn't be some exclusive deal, Other Irregulars would certainly be welcome.  Eventually he'd like to have humanity be worthy of joining the Sentient races of the universe in colonizing new worlds.  Yeah, full on Star Trek.

Another facet of this is that while the titans are dead, their subordinates aren't (Possibly) and they could still be out there, so The Irregulars and humanity need to be ready for that potential meeting.

3 Mastery-  Abel knows he's lacking in some aspects, and seeks to become stronger.  Refining his mind, enhancing his powers, Just as he wishes to enable others to reach their potential, he seeks to do the same for himself, striving for excellence, To always continue learning and growing, and fighting against complacency and stagnation. 

I would prefer the Irregulars returning closer to then the satellites went live, but will accede to what the majority prefers without recriminations. So far, Sean still agrees with curtailing the number of Keys unlocking, if not necessarily so absolutely.

If such thing as 'natural' unlocking (whatever that means) is possible, and if the God Particle is real, then Sean definitely wants to impede anyone actively trying to force or manipulate people to unlock, especially after what we've seen as to where that can lead.

Goals

1 - Global Advancement: Sean wants to continue fostering cooperation between nations and between Keys and humans, elevating the efficiency and capability of a world body/government, and help educate and guide humanity as a whole towards working to help and better everyone instead of the self, and providing them with the tools to do so.

These tools will also hopefully mean Humanity doesn't NEED to rely on Keys to solve their problems, friendly Keys would just be a bonus. If necessary, develop devices/tools to help humanity deal with dangerous/antagonistic Keys.

2 - Exploration, Eventual Colonization: With the help of friendly alien societies and the Gate Technology, look for other suitable planets/solar systems for humanity to spread too. To give opportunities to those who feel like they have little or none on Earth and are looking for a new start, even if it promises not to be easy, and to help relieve the stress and tensions Earth is already suffering from high population and environmental neglect.

Sean isn't much interested in exploring other realities - there's enough to explore in this universe, and she had memories of many 'what ifs' even if Pandora had a hand in their creation - but doesn't have much issue with the others doing so. As long as they don't make other universes' problems our universe's problem. And for the love of God, do NOT bring our Mirror Universe counterparts to this universe.

3- Rest and Recuperation: Sean wants a vacation and sometime taking it easy with Sara, away from saving the world, and away from Earth, if necessary. And also to find out what happened to Sara while we in the quantum construct. If she was possessed by Pandora and kept aware or unaware of what happened, or if she experienced/witnessed something completely different.

Instead of Devin being a brain dead dolt I got a stellar idea... he gradually gets better and then goes home to his sister who has been living alone, with no income or means of knowing if her family is okay after her parents were shipped off to another planet with no means of returning home for 'their safety' and her brother went undercover to play a villain that ended up with his mind melted.

Devin is a Mega-Genius about on par with Abel and Sean, but sees no reason to return to the Irregulars since Abel is out buying up all the Keys he can to replace people who leave the team (yeah, making a 'warp' NPC to replace Devin was a serious dick move).  Since the Irregulars have everything they need or a means of conjuring up everything they need/want whenever they want, he really won't see a need to be apart of the team.  If they need a ride they can ask one of Abel's interns.  Need a Temporal Manipulator?  Ask one of Abel's interns.  The group is a pretty self serving entity with no real direction or leadership.  That's not really something he can jive with.  He's an idealist, a leader, and the Irregulars are one big gaggle of reactors with a major lack of tolerance and interpersonal skills.

Devin and his sister, however, are both hot heads with a vindictive streak a mile long.  They are far from angels and certainly in no position to judge the Irregulars.  They are in a position to just not like the organization or its members for whatever reasons.  So instead of a braindead, bed-ridden, addled, up on a shelf NPC (it's bad enough he gets NPCed as a moron who talks like he has a 4th grade education), he and Marissa would be better used as Divis Mals, or Magnetos.  They simply want what is best for Keys, not America, not the people, not truth, or justice... just the Keys.  After knowing and seeing how poorly the world has treated aliens and Keys, it'd not be a stretch to assume that Devin is no longer a team player with the military or any organized government or religion and since the Irregulars are constantly licking the boots and kissing the rings of any agency willing to pay attention to them for five minutes... Devin wouldn't be able to stomach that.

They're not terrorists, and they don't want war (blowing up the planet just fucks things up for everybody).  He just wants to make sure that Keys are treated as the superior species that they are (you read that correctly), not exploited by mankind or its governments or corporations.  He can set up a sanctuary for Keys who want to get away from humanity, especially ones who may have ended up looking a tad 'off' or whose powers might be a bit more than humanity is ready for.  Maybe him and Marissa get themselves an island somewhere, or a carve out a home somewhere in the American Mid-West (because seriously... does anyone even really use it?).  Maybe Eden, Arizona... only a few people live there anyway, they place is a dive.

They wouldn't be the enemy of the Irregulars, simply two different factions of differing opinions.  Indeed as Keys, the Irregulars would be welcome in his domain anytime.  He'd be willing to help if he could, especially since if it involved furthering the Key agenda or keeping the world safe from some outside threat.  Reconciling with the Irregulars, however, is not something that would be likely to happen for Devin or Marissa.  The only one Devin can truly tolerate is Lily and Marissa just blames them for every problem that has ever happened... ever (whether it's actually their fault or not).

Or he's a drooling bed-jocky filling up a bedpan 'off camera'.

see i figured marrisa would go off to hollywood and become scarlett johanson, charlize theron, brie larson, whoever else all combined in one as she systematicly dismantaled courtney's world and lived Seans dream, while making millions and become the queen of entertainment and gossip. but if you want her to have become a recluse thats cool.

as for devin thats cool too.

That's an interesting way to put it: 'live Sean's dream'.  Why would anyone want to be their own person while living in Sean's shadow, right?  That's exactly what it's like being with the Irregulars.  Despite notions to the contrary, Marissa is one of the 'good guys' and in a time when she needed friends and support (with her brother gone and family cast off to another world) it was easier for the Irregulars to cast her out than to deal with her.  That's exactly what the Irregulars did.  While individual perceptions may vary, of course, it's that perception that forges a reality and that's her reality of them and how they deal with things.  If it's not something they can blow up, beat down, or mentally manipulate into thinking their way... they discard it as some obviously defective item not worthy of their attention.  Who needs friends like that?

While she could have gone and done those things, all she really wanted was her family back.  Friends would have been nice, but everyone proved that they were not really the 'stick it out' type and that doesn't really make for good friends, does it?  Like most of the Irregulars, she has her fair share of issues.  She's mental, like the rest of them and she needs more than anything to be and feel loved (especially since her powers generate fake love in people, finding real love is bliss for her).  All her powers are fake, no matter how much people 'love' her, she's always alone... save for those she knows are family, which in this case is pretty much Devin now, since the Irregulars blew their chance.

That would be the safest route for Marissa, since the other route is her becoming completely unhinged and not just ruining people, but completely destroying their minds to the point of worshiping her.  We're talking full blown cult, with no regard for people's free will (after all... as the superior species they should be thanking her for the opportunity she gives them to bask in her radiance and beauty).  All to fill the void of loneliness and desire to be loved.  At some point she'd either need to be incarcerated or destroyed.

Besides, the two of them and functioning NPCs that can provide actual assistance makes for a far greater story than 'drooling in a bed somewhere' coma patient.

I am not all that partial to a specific time we return.

Check on loved ones (Devin, Kyle, Mom and Dad).
Did Kyle's 'fix' of Sara still happen? Is he okay? Did it 'fix' him too? What's wrong with Devin? Can she help? How are her parents? Is her dad okay? If he is, then she'll prolly kill him (jk). Is her mom pissed at him too? You know, all of that fun stuff and Lilly will prolly keep one of herself at Devin's bedside or whatever. Figure out what she is going to do with Kyle exactly as well.

Discourage the idea that Keys are not human.
In Lilly's mind, Keys are still human, just with abilities that most do not have. 

Take a break.
Lilly has been through a wringer emotionally (and to a lesser degree mentally), and the actions/reactions of the others to her in the tube room and after was a bit eye-opening. She needs to just chill, get a hole of herself and her emotion, sort things out and center herself again and all of that. She does not have to do it alone, but she just needs to chill and/or have some fun to blow off some steam.

Plan and prepare for any of the Titans minions who might still show up.
Yes, they seems to mostly have 'organic 'robots' as minions, but there did appear to be some who were free thinking. Who knows how dependent everything was on the titans. With them gone, there may be a power vacuum that one or more tries to fill (supposing the entire 'empire' did not collapse.) This could mean exploation and such, and considering that Lilly has set foot on an alien planet with intelligent life, she prolly has her curiosity raised as to what is out there. Alternatively, considering the Irregulars just brought down the titans, any minions (or others who are now liberated) might want to steer clear of Earth and the Irregulars (or possibly even show up and wish to serve us)

Nina

i could piss everyone off with chapter 4...

SalmonMax

Or you could just confuse us with cryptic comments about it.

Nina

kinda what i am doing

SalmonMax

I presume she means the rules of AWS, given the context.

Jeane

oh, yeah. we could totally come back to 'all your base are belong to us' with rashoud cackling atop a throne of surgercally removed nodes.

Nina

oh no jeane it would be nuch more radical than that

Jeane

heh. long as you don't remove the powers again, I can roll with it and extract some fun in the process.

49 mins

Noir

we could play the Irregulars playing their D&D game

Nina

not quite but close... i would have this all have been sara's first attempt at running a campaing for all of you.... jeane was a late comer when his dad was transferred in in the middle of the year... all of you hated it cause face Sara sucks as a game master but sean secretly kept cajoling you guys to stick with the miserable game until the end cause after all she is his first ever girlfriend and likely his last... any way the game has just eneded and the campaign is over... and thats where it picks up with y'all being just a bunch of nerd high school kids...

42 mins

Nina

i bet that kills chat

Nina

see that would be a reboot with actaully rebootng

38 mins

Nina

kinda briliant huh

38 mins

SalmonMax

Hehe. Would we need to do new sheets?

38 mins

Nina

of and the missing characters... they were always just npcs

37 mins

Nina

yes max you would.... lol

37 mins

SalmonMax

lol

37 mins

SalmonMax

It feels more like an epilogue than a reboot, but I guess it all depends on what happens next, arr

37 mins

Nina

and who knows sean might of even got lucky after all his effots

36 mins

Nina

it's weirder stuff max... there is no epilogue it has to end for there to be an epiloge and no shit just keeps getting weirder.... and that is where the rewritten rules come in

35 mins

Nina

who here has seen the phantasm movies?

Are you  Pondering what I am Pondering?

Kia's goals are...complex.

1) Resolve the conflict. Kia has been torn between conflicting desires. On the one hand, she wants to take advantage of her powers to explore the world in ways she otherwise couldn't...and to explore the limits of her own ability to transform and become. On the other, she's always felt an ache for the life she had to leave behind, where she was a normal person, taking simple pleasure in a life well lived with friends and family. There's no easy way to resolve this conflict...except maybe there is. She wants to have her cake and eat it too.

She wants to use her abilities to create a perfectly human 'version' of herself, with perhaps somewhat edited memories, that can ''step into' her old regular life and just keep going. She'd create a specialized Q-construct, or Clone, 'caretaker' to keep an eye on her, renewing it as necessary. As for the mechanics, I was thinking perhaps it would be a 'homunculus,' in rules terms. The homunculus of a human is a tiny little critter...but Kia's true form is much larger. Perhaps a human-sized homunculus is feasible? Human Kia would probably have an officially different identity, just so she didn't get associated with the Keys though.

Meanwhile, Kia herself...finally free of the forever war...would descend into the ocean, where she will be free to explore places no other person has ever seen...and free to test the limits of what shapes and powers she can encompass. From there, the potential to burrow into the crust exists...or perhaps see if she can create an extension of herself to go into space. Everything's easier from the sea regardless, since she doesn't need to be nearly as concerned about freaking everyone out.

2) Keep in touch. Kia isn't wanting to shut everyone out. She'd keep the mental link intact. I think she would ask the Irregulars to leave her 'normal' self alone as much as possible, for fear of getting her swept up in those Key-related events. If anyone wanted to visit with her, they'd be welcome to join her under the waves, or she could create a clone or something similar to meet with them on land if preferred. Kia can retain powers as long as she wishes, so she'd grab Lilly's Clone before heading down. Quite possibly a few other abilities from various Irregulars as well. Telepathy's always good for communicating with the fishies, even if they don't have much to think about. All this also means that if there's a big enough disaster or danger, she would still be 'on call' to help.

I'm pondering what you're pondering, Nina.

I like the idea of Sara DMing and the reboot (of a sort), even if others may not.

After defeating the Titans that were threatening Earth/Humanity, how much more is there to deal with that wouldn't be trivial to ones with the power of the Irregulars? Yes, we can write about how our characters are adapting and dealing with it, write about them spending time with their significant others, but that only goes so far, and means less when even the potential for any threats or inconveniences is minuscule.

With the reboot as proposed, what we have written isn't swept away. If our characters were invested in their characters, what they experienced in the 'game' would still affect them, at least in reflecting on how they'd feel if something like it really did happen. I presume we'd still develop powers, if not on the same world demolishing/unbalancing scale. If some people just aren't feeling their powerset (or character for that matter) anymore,  they would have the opportunity to adjust things.

But mainly, I feel we can write and tell more interesting and compelling stories from lower on the mountain of power than from the pinnacle.

And nothing says the Irregulars couldn't go back and play in Sara's 'campaign' again, if people still wanted to write about their ultra-powered alternates.

Anyone else want to ring in, yay or nay?

So Sara, being a new GM, was like, "So you guys will be playing... uh... yourselves! Yeah. You'll play yourselves." 

Hehe.

I'm good with it (and I still have my baseline/starting sheet!). Really it is a simple, but rather elegant solution to the power curve we were all maxing out at..

Consider something like groundhog's day.  There's something you guys are supposed to do... and you haven't done it, not this time, anyway.  So The Cosmos puts you back where you started.  This is Weirder Stuff, so no one says it has to exactly the same, allowing you a 'do over' on certain things you didn't like about your character.

What if Devin wasn't super cocky and instead awkward around girls?

What if Lily's home life wasn't as good as it's portrayed in the TT game?  The pressure for her succeed is borderline abusive and maybe she has serious anxiety issues (just hides them well).

What if Kia actually is an alien life form that wants to consume all organic matter on the planet?

What if Sean's awesome coding, engineering, and hacking skill actually gave him powers that dealt with technology instead of just giving him tits.

What if Sara was hottest, nicest girl in scho... yeah, that's just too weird.

What if they actually dealt with high school for longer than 1 story?  After EP1 everyone was emancipated, working for the government, had unlimited resources, were successful philanthropists... then they went to a dance... then there was no more high school.

A reboot is an amazing way to embrace a lot of the opportunities you guys missed.  With a wider breadth of NPCs to work with, it will be easier to form bonds and write interesting plots involving those 'familiar faces'.

Just some thoughts.

Good afternoon, party people.

I'm outvoted and I'm outgunned, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Simply put: I love the world you guys have built together, the progression from point A to point now, the love and care and literary craft you've poured into making what it is from the intial blank slate nina presented to you at first chargen. It's an amazing canvas, and what I've been waiting for is the perfect opportunity to let a young character take her chances leaping into it with her life steady behind her and her head on straight. I was at that point three and half months ago when Nina elected to blow up the setting and put us all in the pods. Bit aggravating, but I ultimately decided to grin and bare it through the whole dystopian scenario, and Nina's touch of getting us back to the world that was by thwarting pandora? Brilliant, and more fuel to my pent up fire, more stories spinning up behind my muse ready for the unleashing.

Scrapping the setting, the character development, in part or whole now? When we've literally just won everything back? That dismisses the entire struggle all our PCs have been through, and that would be a crime in my eyes. 

well this isn't a democracy and this isn't a majority rules. I told myself that I would only do this if everyone was 100% on board and one of us is adamantly against it and another will do it but doesn't really want too so....

thanks for considering it and as I said before i will look at the goals y'all wrote down and come up with something.

Archived