Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Justin OOC

[Dragonball Victory] Chapter 2: Dungeons and Dragonballs

Recommended Posts

There was an explosion of light as The group of warriors appeared at their destination.  Heavy woodlands surrounded them, and mountains rose all around them.   In the distance, roughly 5 miles out, backlit against the setting sun was a grand gothic style castle, Something seemingly out of place in the world, yet here, standing before them it was. 

 

Genichiro grunted at the exertion of so much power, hating how inefficient it was to bring so many.Still, in a race against the clock it would work nicely.  "We go on foot from here to avoid attracting attention. "

 

Picture the castle from every dracula or horror movie involving one, hanging at the edge of a cliff,  looking dark and foreboding, and screaming dark power and "Undead live here"     That's a tenth of what this place is giving off.   Tetsuko with her gps recognizes that they're half a world away from where they started, in the Far West.  Post as you will, reacting to the last post of chapter 1 here, as well as what you see before you.  Plan as you will, and of course, have fun.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to Lord Dende's words made Karmahl frown struggling to understand all this <he knows where these balls are and left them there this makes no sense why wold you leave something like that just sitting around somewhere...> she looks up startled out of her musing to see Genichiro swallow the bean. She speaks up.

 

"Before we go maybe we should..."

 

Everyone else reaches out and she breaks off and grabs a shoulder just as the flash of teleport takes them a way.

 

Completely ignoring the surroundings she steps in front of Genichiro.

 

"Why did you do that? Didn't you hear me? We needed to be prepared get supplies, weapons, STUFF!"

 

Her voice rises  as her out burst continues.

 

"You Left my Tigers, I don't even have my Spear and I'm Hungry, AND WE DON"T HAVE ANY FOOD!"

 

Her Fists Clenched she glares at Genichiro, her eyes darting to the sides seeing everyone starring at her she unclenched her fists turns and stalks off toward the castle mumbling under her breath things a young girl shouldn't mumble at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Don't worry!" Shiori called out after Karmahl, waving her ofuda stick...she always had a backup handy...around. "The kami will provide for us! Surely we're meant to bring the light to this dark and fearsome place!"

 

She looked around at the others, making a brave face. "Right?"

 

Inwardly she was howling with laughter. If he thinks us going in on foot will attract any less attention than us falling to the courtyard in a giant flaming meteorite, he's dumber than he looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... I guess all of that was completely ignored. She thought, not trusting the world's Guardian had any inkling whatsoever as to raise a proper defense.

The surroundings didn't impress her either. "Well... I can see human superstition and ignorance has everyone's psychological well-being disturbed..."

She turned on her Ki Sensors to sense with the intent to keep an eye out for any hostiles inbound, when suddenly the apparent nature of the area became clear.

"Oh... Oh... Can't... can't unsee. This place is abhorrent!"

Turning to the priestess, she quirked an eyebrow. "You're gonna need a bigger stick." She said before turning to the others. "The only reason why I can think we were sent here is to find one of these things as bait... Or wait for our enemy to come to us here... quite honestly... I'd rather set up a trap elsewhere. I hate this place already and I've just arrived."

She crossed her arms and almost looked like she was trying to embrace herself against a non-existent chill. "Let's... let's just get this done and over with. Sooner we can get out of here with what we're looking for the better."

She notices Karmahl getting a head start. "W... WAIT! We shouldn't split up!" Tetsuko shouts, running after Karmahl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“If you don’t stop and work together, I won’t be working with any of you.” Datura spoke loudly enough to catch everyone’s attention. “We need a plan and coordination. Since we’re here and don’t have time, we can’t hash it out.

“So here’s what we’re going to do: Gen, Tetsuko, and I will form a triangular wedge to lead into battle, while Squanto and Karmahl will watch our tails.” Datura looked at each as she said their names, trying to judge if they would argue with her. “The miko will be the core of our group. When attacked, the three in front will hold their attentions while our tails watch our backs and act as opportunities present themselves and Shiori casts her magic as needed.” She wished the tigers were here; the animals might have been able to track for them and serve as an early warning system. “We’ll enter through the front – it’s unbelievable we haven’t been seen already – a sweep through going to the right when presented with a choice.”

She crossed her arms and lifted her chin, her tail lashing the air behind her. “If anyone refuses this plan, they have thirty seconds to present a better one.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tetsuko stopped in place for a moment. "I got a better one... The Guardian should have picked soldiers. Not tournament scrappers. Forget plan, that ship's sailed, Saiyan. We better get moving before Karmahl gets herself killed. All pretense of stealth is out the door now."

"Oh and if you intend on leaving because we're not making you the captain of the team... go. I don't want a loose cannon as a teammate. That'll get us all killed."

"Now come on, I want out of here, bad."

Tetsuko once again pursues Karmahl, whose really got a head start now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shiori laughed. She couldn't help it. The irony of Tetsuko informing Datsura that she didn't want her to be a loose cannon...and then going haring off on her own after Karmahl...was so delicious that nothing could have kept that mirth back.

 

She gave Datsura a shrug and a smile. "I thought it was a good plan," she said. "Lets amend it just a little. Karmahl and Tetsuko will go running in alone, and stir up whatever lurks within. We'll follow at a respectable distance and let them soften it up for us."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Karmahl Comes to a stop as the blue haird girl Ports in front of her shouting.

 

"There is no need to shout"

 

She crosses her arms waiting for the rest to catch up.

 

"Do all of you do that, teleporting i mean, Not the barking orders although seems a lot of that going on too.:"

 

She turns to watch the others approach but keeps an eye on the Girl in front of her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I particularly do that when you're about to go and get yourself killed. And as it seems the others want to further linger while we could potentially be ambushed because we're probably already shining brighter than a light house with our life signatures here as well as the fact we're like... out in the open..."

Tetsuko was getting very frustrated... not just with Karmahl. Although that was small beans to her. "Trust me, I was all fine and dandy with backing you up until Datura and Shiori said otherwise."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gencichiro scowled  "Well so much for that."   Just with his words searchlights came on and alarm began to sound.  "Okay so we fight our way in."  He looked at Shiori and Datura as well as Squatro.  "Let's stay in teams of 3.   You three find your way in as you like, and try to find the dragonball.  I will go with Karmahl and Tetsuko, and we'll be a distraction, we've already used our powers, so it's likely they've seen the three of us.  You three haven't."

 

 He did not wait for a reply, trusting they were capable enough to deal with the havoc of the situation and made his way on foot to Karmahl.   'Alright, the three of us are the decoy element whatever comes out of this castle we meet head on and make as big a ruckus as we can."

 

He looked over and already there were shadows moving up the path, dozens of them, carrying automatic rifles.     It was only as they drew near, that they saw the truth.  These were soldiers marching towards them, and none of them were aliv, most of them looked like they were long dead, say even as far back as World War II.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squatro groaned and pinched his nose, wondering how things had disintegrated so fast. The android showed the breath of her common sense by the blithe commentary about tournament scrappers and then acting no less on impulse and risk of ambush by charging in after the Karmahl girl. Finally, he gave Datura and Shiori a considering look.

 

"So, like you just proposed? Shiori in the center and us on the wings?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the blaring alarms sent a wave of giddy joy thru Karmahl as she thinks to herself finally now to show what it means to be a War-witch, then a broadcast thought < Monte, Cristo To Me it is WAR!>

 

Far away in the Stadium the two tigers snap to and Frier Laznozen watches as they literally disintegrate in front of him "Oh no Karmahl, what have you gotten yourself into now"

 

Across the world in the eerie forest A swirl of energy and miniature motes of particulate light coalesce into the massive forms of the two armored tigers Both roar in unison as their bonded mistress lets out a savage war cry and the three leap forward to meet the revealed enemy head on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tetsuko's eyes glowed as they switched from ki sense to Radar. It was doubtful you could pick up on any life signs here... "The abominations to the natural order of the Cosmos keep on showing up. Fascinating."

She stroked her chin with a grin. "I always wanted to collect combat data from the undead."

She liked how Gen assumed much about how much the enemy knew of them... then again, if these... things had any connection with those that attacked the arena, everyone's repertoire was out in the open. "Gen... We should use a triangle formation, you and I forming the bottom vertices, Karmahl taking the lead apex. It seems ground combat is her forte. If we're charging in, we'd better go with what we're comfortable with."

Her hands began to glow. "I doubt I'll collect any energy at all from these things... although I suspect something is animating these corpses... perhaps if we find the source, we find our quarry?"

Multiple target marks appear in her visual readings, she nodded, prepared to unleash hell before Karmahl hits the oncoming throngs to soften their number.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shiori squinted a little as she took in the castle. With the searchlights on, certain details were easier to see.

 

"The west side of the castle is up on a cliff face," she observed happily. "What if we go down into that gorge, follow the bottom to where the castle is overhead, then just go straight up the cliff...and up the wall...and into the castle? Between the distraction and the terrible sightlines for them, there's no chance they'll see us coming until we're already inside."

 

With that Shiori turned to beam sunnily at Datura. "It'd only work if you're strong enough to carry us up with you though! Climbing would take a really long time!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can pretty much fly." Squatro told Shiori, "and I'd be amazed if a Saiyan couldn't carry you with ease." He had a little grin spread on his face. "I do like your idea though."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was only the way that they asked, she could see they wanted her to do this, and in the end it spoke of a need to have her with them, that Datura agreed to carry the lithe young priestess.   Squatro had said he could make his own way.   With the explosions and autofire from the guns being shot and other sounds of battle, the other group was doing quite well at being a distraction.  Quietly the other trio of warriors made their way to the cliff and while it was much faster than climbing, the ascent by flight moved slow to avoid any chance of detection.  Still though, something about the rock wall of the gorge seemed off..

 

Perception check...  mind+ heightened senses for vision or auditory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unseen by Datura who was carrying her up, Shiori eyes gleamed redly for a moment as she watched the cliff face scroll past. A little smirk curved her mouth just for a second before she squealed, "Ah! Thank you, kami! Datura...Squatro...I have been granted a vision! Datura stop...here!"

 

She pointed wildly to a spot on the rock face.

 

"The ones in the castle have eyes to see us going up...but we can still surprise them by using their secret doors!"

 

(OOC - Rolled in Long's presence. A 6 and a 6. :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Datura put words to action. Without warning, she scooped up the miko – more or less under one arm – rose into the air. As they flew upward, Datura found her eyes drawn to the rock face in front of her. Something was wrong about - something was off.

It took her a moment to figure it out. It was artificial – what appeared to be fissures in the rocks were seams. Her flight slowed as her eyes narrowed, trying to work out the best response.

Then Shiori confirmed her realization and she stopped. “Can you see the way in, priestess?” She smirked. “Because mine would negate our current play of secrecy.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shiori looks around and shakes her head.

 

"Opening the doors from outside will trigger an alert," she decides. "They're probably meant to launch some kind of aircraft. So on second thought, lets keep going up. But there's two cameras ahead so we can't just stay here and wait for them to open. Fly...that way..." She pointed. "And then curve back around. We can avoid them and get to the top unnoticed. Hurry though, they're already starting to turn back towards us."

 

The priestess laughed. "This is so much fun. I should have been doing this ages ago."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Datura grinned broadly, though she wasn’t having the same kind of fun that Shiori was. Instead, she was anticipating the coming battle. A small part of her relished the idea of a fight with no rules and limits, where it didn’t matter who she hurt or killed. This is what her people did – and what she had been made for.

She grabbed Squanto’s collar and dragged him after her as she followed the priestess’s instructions, looping wide of the camera’s path before resuming her flight straight up. She bared her teeth as they crested the top of the false ravine, ready to put her companions down and join whatever battle awaited them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yeah, I had a vision too." Squatro quipped, having the advantage of just plain old expertise and training in this area. "It's called my eyes and good observation." But realizing he might be coming off snooty, "But can't say I disagree with that plan---"

 

Squatro gave a little yelp as the Saiyan yanked him by the collar at high speed. "I CAN FLY. Legggo my collar. Please?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What greeted them was anticlimactic.  Aside the spotlights focused on the battle below, nothing seemed to await them.  There were heavy wooden doors to the towers, almost beckoning them inside.   This was something that couldn't be avoided.  Dropping into a courtyard they would surely be spotted.   The decision was made quickly and with surprising ease, the door they came to opened and they were inside.   The halls were lit by torchlight.  

 

gonna move you guys ahead abit   I do want another perception check, as well as body+stealth to sense any potential threats and maintain stealth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shiori drops nimbly off of her Saiyan pack mule and looks around, brushing her bangs from her eyes with a pleased little giggle.

 

She peers down the long corridor ahead, noting the three doors on either side down its length, and the staircase spiraling down at the far end. With an exagerrated 'shushing' gesture, she sneaks down the hall and peeks in the first door on the left. Crestfallen she shakes her head at what she sees, and opens the one opposite it.

 

"Huh," she says thoughtfully, and looks back at the staircase.

 

"Funny."

 

The two rooms, when the others look, are not only empty, but are identically furnished, down to each little table and throw.

 

(Der rolls! [salmonMax] 7:08 pm: Shiori makes her rolls
[salmonMax] 7:08 pm: Perception, then stealth
SalmonMax *rolls* 2d6: 2+5+7: 14
SalmonMax *rolls* 2d6: 3+2+9: 14
[salmonMax] 7:09 pm: 14 and 14...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It ws much the same for Squattro and Datura, everything was the same in each room, and they saw nothing at all beyond the ordinary.  In the end they repeated this on two floors moving down, to the same effect.  It was on the third floor though that they found a larger wider hallway, and standing at the center was the first person they'd seen.  It was an older Gentleman, dressed impeccably in what could be assumed to be the garb of a butler., with his hands behind his back.

 

"I am afraid I can let you proceed no further into my master's domicile.   I kindly ask you to leave, if you do so now, you may manage to retrieve your friends before our Gardener finishes them off."

 

(perception check DC 18 to see what's hidden in the hall)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shiori immediately focused on the butler, favoring him with a bright, cheerful smile.

 

"That's really nice of you," she chirped, "we'll be happy to leave, of course!" Then she added, "Just run along to your master and explain we'll need whatever dragonballs he's got lying around the place. Bring them back and let us have them, and we'll be out of your hair as quick as you please."

 

(Perception check!

 

[salmonMax] 6:56 pm: It seems I must roll perception...
SalmonMax *rolls* 2d6: 3+1+7: 11)

 

DOH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squatro let Shiori attempt negotiations, but his lip curled at the implications of the butler's words. Presumably, he and the rest of the staff were combat-trained, and confident of engaging the collective group on potentially the wrong end of the numbers imbalance. Hopefully no fight would be needed.

 

OOC
Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 1+4+6: 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Datura stopped watching the Butler. Shiori and Squatro had their eyes on him, so she focused on the others. She couldn’t see them but she knew they were there. They were always there.

Still, she kept an ear on the conversation, even as she uselessly peered into the darkness. Come out, she thought angrily at the shadows around them. Come out and face me!

Perception check:


Carver *rolls* 2d6: 2+3+7: 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The butler shook his head.  "I am afraid I do not know of this Dragonball you speak of, now kindly leave the way you came or I shall be forced to remove you."   
 

There was no lie in his voice, which was kept neutral and even, indeed, it seemed he was a model of tranquility.    For each of them, however, there was a sense of impending danger,  There was something very off here, and it was nothing compared to the malice seeping up from the floors below.

 

For Shiori it was especially acute.  She could feel an ancient hunger, something, one of her kind, but ancient, slept below them, a being of impossible power.

 

Everyone seemed to tense for battle, and then a single world brought it to a halt.

 

"Wait."

 

Behind the butler was a woman, impeccably dressed in a suit, with piercing blue eyes and long blond hair.   "Your friends have already done enough damage to my estate, I should let Walter kill you all.  But if I hand this ball over to you, you will leave, peaceably?"  She spoke with a slight accent and a clear crisp cadence. 

 

"There are some things I'd prefer avoiding, and you are perilously close to making them unavoidable."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Yes, all we want is the Dragonball.” Still terse, Datura shot a glance at the small woman. Part of her, the part that had been built to fight and win, wanted to test herself against this foe. Unlike others of her race, she could focus on her set goals and follow them.

 

There was another aspect to her, one that few ever saw and that she almost never acknowledged. She wondered what this woman was doing that was so important that she’d give up a shot at gaining wishes.

 

It seemed too easy. It felt too easy, and Datura glared around at the darkness, her skin crawling. “We’ll take the ball and then call off our allies,” she said, expecting - knowing - it was a trap. It had to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shiori nodded, sparing just a quick glance at the floor at her feet. Unlike Datsura, she had an idea of what the woman was hoping to avoid.

 

"It all ends as quick as you can blink," she confirmed. "We're very fast when we're not trying to be sneaky. I expect Walter would be rather...cranky...if he was awakened by something as trivial as us after all. That kind of thing makes the whole staff look bad."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She held out the orb, one with 2 red stars.  "Your word on it then, you will take the ball and you will all leave peaceably."   There had been mention that each ball had a special ability, though not what they were.  From her wording, it was clear that this ball's power was oathkeeping, if they agreed, and kept the ball, they would have to do so, or face the consequences.

 

(real quick, if you agree to the terms, she will let you take the ball and then it would behoove everyone to leave the castle with minimal fuss.  Walter will show you out.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Agreed!" Shiori trills happily, and holds out her hand for the dragonball. Once the orb is in her palm, she turns and looks at the others in the corridor with her. "Yay! We win! Lets go."

 

The 'butler' gives the woman a long-suffering look, but is far too proper to express any strong emotion at the situation. He says, "Please come with me," in a toneless voice and leads the way through the fortress to the giant arched front doors, and at their approach some guards throw the bars to the side and allow the doors to open.

 

Outside, on the field of blood and battle, the 'distraction' forces see the infiltrators emerge...unscathed and led by what looks like a butler of all things. Shiori has the dragonball in her hands, rolling it back and forth between her palms with a bright, cheery smile. She waves at the battleweary, beleagured warriors.

 

"Good job, everyone! We got it! No more fighting though, we have to go now."

 

She turns to bestow that grin on the butler.

 

"Thanks, Walter!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...