[M&M3e] Tomorrow Comes Today - OOC

Sailor OOC

Yes, so people know, Blaize's statistics, what they provided to the team, and other factors were sorely needed. We had an excess of brawlers, until Blaize was submitted. I made this choice, part as a tactical decision to give the group a better variety, and the other is that I actually felt I screwed Krul.

Yes, it's raw that Rubio got cut on this. But he's with 5 others I had to cut. Some decisions were damn hard. As I respect each player I sent to the reserves. But mark my words, I have faith that this group is going to be the stronger for it.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People... we gotta have a talk.

I mean I know we all wanna be beautiful people, and I appreciate your grooming and cleaning habits. And that so fresh so clean smell. But you just cannot go above Appearance 2! It's like the speed of light. You just can't go higher! Or can you?

Appearance an go to 3 or HIGHER! Up to 5!

When you have Appearance three, a person's opinion of you is improved by one level on first sight. I will allow this for higher Appearance levels. (Appearance 4 = 2 levels of Attitude Improvement, Appearance 5 = 3 Levels of improvement)

Please adjust accordingly.

Oh... and PLEASE if you have a 3 or higher have a good justification beyond "I Wanna!". Please.

I have to bring up a big thing here.

It's more for Mala, but everyone else should pay attention.

When it comes to Jack of all Trades, even though you can make a untrained check on ALL skills (at least in how it says in the book), I consider all Expertise skills not part of this, as well as all combat skills. Those require training and practice.

Also I will start tracking when Jack of All Trades is used and on which skills. If you use a skill three times with JOAT, you will be REQUIRED to spend a earned PP in that skill to get three ranks for that skill. Also, I will be watching how this is used VERY closely in general.

Eidetic Memory also falls under this same oversight in regards to skills.

I'd consider shifting some things around to represent a superhuman degree of appearance, but her stats suit me quite well as it is.. and there is no reason her physical changes can't continue as she grows in power and closeness to her other soul, maybe in the future.. or maybe not.

If people feel they are done, they are welcome to write solo Pre-Disaster fictions on their lives before everything goes nuts.

Just prefix your solo fiction as [TCT-Issue 0].

Might as well give you guys something to do before Issue 1... That one will get everyone together.

I was going to take one, but honestly Bastion is too 'young' to have one. No one knows he's a super hero until the Minneapolis incident. I was going to give him an entire private security organization known as Dark Watch that are trying to capture him and do experiments on him. Dark Watch is basically Cobra, from GI Joe... some nut job with way too much corporate funding and backers pretty much has a private terrorist organization that insists on messing with Bastion (and by poxy his 'friends').

The reasoning is that they have his father's ship so they knw an alien landed years ago but they never found it. For whatever reasons they also know that this alien hid by by disguising itself as a human and blended in with a 'family'. What info they have or know is up to you... they're goal is probably something stupid, like an army of invincible super clones. The down side is Bastion's Lantean DNA erodes quickly when it's separated from his body, becoming inert human DNA instead (so no hairs to make evil clones!). This means that they'd have to capture him and extract the DNA from Bastion in incredibly painful and torturous ways. Cheesy... but hell, that'd be fun!

I hope that works, I need those extra 3PP. Being an alien too I'll need those 5PP to buy Bastion's alien testicle musk that makes him immune to Watchwoman's love pheromone. Instead of him falling in love with her it backfires on her and makes her grow rabbit ears and sing hard core gangster rap acapella for about three hours or so...

Oh... and because I'm a stickler...

Presence is force of personality, persuasiveness, leadership ability and (to a lesser degree) attractiveness.

So, a character with a 15 in Presence is, to a lesser degree, a fuckin' fine ass woman. ;)

:lol: Unreal... I'd give you 1 PP right there for making me laugh.

But I think having a whole organization interested in you is worthy of 3 PP. What you do with the points, is up to you. I won't judge. B)

,, ,,

And having Presence 15 means you handle yourself with the grace and dignity unknowable to mere mortals. You're a master of diplomatic tact through sheer raw talent. She is a fine woman because she behaves like the most amazing and poised woman to have ever walked the planet. Or wheeled in this case...

I hope that works, I need those extra 3PP. Being an alien too I'll need those 5PP to buy Bastion's alien testicle musk that makes him immune to Watchwoman's love pheromone. Instead of him falling in love with her it backfires on her and makes her grow rabbit ears and sing hard core gangster rap acapella for about three hours or so...

Wait... someone who is immune to Watchwoman?! OMG, she can have a BFF! They can hang out together and braid each other's hair... watch chick flicks and talk about boys!

I can't wait for her to realize Bastian is immune to her!

So everyone knows I am changing my update schedule for this game. It will now be updated Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and all weekend.

Combat will have a different update pattern, based on initiative order.

Hmm.. so for Nemesis'

We have a Wealthy Weapons Developer who wants total control over the city - An Eccentric Billionaire Sorcerer trying to capture the genie- A Terrorist Organization by the name of Dark Watch - A Dark Cult and avatar of their Goddess - A crazed and enigmatic Criminal Mastermind..

Wow, actually, that's a bit scary.

Okay, all we got left is Heritage with Min-Max to post his character up in the Character Thread. He has until Tuesday. If not, I will probably cut him, as I have not even recieved a character in PM from him. I know RL has been crapping on him, but I do have a deadline.

As such, I want Rubio to tweak his character in case Heritage is dropped.

If this happens, Rubio will be introduced after the time-jump.

This is the Draft Line for those in reserve, in order of call-up.

1: Rubio

2: Max

3: Hyoseph

4: Jordan

5: Abby

Let Justin handle the adjustments if he wants. He knows.

,, ,,

Kami, I have no idea what you mean there. You're the ST of this game. If there's a problem with the PC from your POV, Justin needs to make the changes. It's not optional. If you don't have a problem, then there's no reason to put the decision off on Justin. I'm not even sure what you're trying to say there, but what it reads as is: "I didn't want to tell Justin no, and now Dave's upset, and I don't want to fight with him either, so I'll make it Justin's problem." I'm sure that's not it, but I really can't figure out another way to read that.

On a side note, I am changing the method of which things happen in the initial story. Namely I am dropping the Tornadoes for a different event. One that will be revealed soon.

One thing you can be sure of though, my hometown is gonna get wrecked. Fictionally, of course.

Okay there are some issues I see with Cade actually. First off you can only have 2 ranks of attractive so there is a point wasted there. Also, Innate on on his TK ? really? His powers are an innate part of his nature; like an elephant's trunk? I'd give this serious consideration because it means his Powers cannot be affected by Nullify.

I'm curious as to why he has a dodge bonus when using his blast power? And why Stamina 10? Why not a more normal Stamina bolstered by a psychokinetic field?

Some of his senses have me scratching my head too; like radio. He can telepathically pick up Radio signals?

Sorry if it seems like I am picking on one particular character. these are just things I personally noticed while going over the character.

1: You're not in the game.

2: I said before and I will say AGAIN I have no problem with his character.

Also you've not bothered to read my changes on Appearance.

These questions more and more are starting to feel like veiled questions on if I do or don't have a handle on this game.

Alright, this is a warning. To everyone.

Next snipe I get, next little issue because someone has more than they do... I am going to roll up everyone's characters myself and you play with those!

Don't test me.

First off Kami. Relax.

Not once did I even mention your name. I was talking to Long.

Second. If you don't want anyone who is not in your game to comment then that is fine too. I'll drop this from my "games to watch" list and move on.

Quite frankly Kami, M&M character creation is not your strong suit. Even if you are an expert it's very easy to miss problem elements of characters and the more eyes looking at characters the better the chance of catching something that could unravel your game later on down the road. Innate is one of those extras that should be carefully examined to make sure it fits the concept and won't render certain challenges pointless. The way Long has put Innate on the Array implies that none of his powers can be negated. If you are going to allow it I would at least make him put it in each slot of the array.

But whatever. Have fun. you will no longer hear from me on this game.

Alright, this is a warning. To everyone.

Next snipe I get, next little issue because someone has more than they do... I am going to roll up everyone's characters myself and you play with those!

Don't test me.

And I'm dead serious about this. You try to make me play with a pregen, you won't have me in your game. I'm not a child and I don't expect that a peer on a board that I have to come to for fun is going to tell me I can't 1) have an opinion or 2) have an adult discussion.

Don't test me.

Yeah, I don't have the emotional balance or patience to deal with this. I'm going to pull Dahlia from play. Everything she brought to the table is pretty much covered by other PCs anyways, save the HQ and...sorry about that, but I can't deal with this being the game.

Archived