[OpNet] Fracture's Fun Poll #4

Fracture

You sample the most exquisite, sweet chocolate available, and you bite into it at the moment RIGHT before you have an orgasm. At that Oh god oh god oh god just a LITTLE bit more, YES, part.

And you erupt.

What quantum expression does such an eruption bless you with?

You'd have to point me at more novas who erupted during an orgasm... which now that I think of it, might be quite a few.

I'll rephrase the question: you'd have to point me in the direction of a nova who erupted during an orgasm, and is willing to admit to it on a public messageboard that is one mouse-click away from a newsticker on N!

Quote:
Originally posted by Soames:
What the fuck are you doing biting into a chunk of chocolate when your about to blow your wad?

Kids.

No goddamn focus at all.
Because I'm masturbating with a chocolate dildo, you unimaginative testosterone ridden fuckwad.

wink

Quote:
You better be jerking off with two chocolate dildos or it ain't going to happen. Not unless you got your button in your throat. And if you do... I got somebody that would pay to meet you.
Or she is deliciously flexible and was holding one end in her mouth...

Hmm.. come to think of it...

Fracture, I deffinately think we need to spend some more time together. wink

~Noir

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir:

~Noir
Wow! Good suggestion and thank you. I really am that flexible!

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir:
Quote:
You better be jerking off with two chocolate dildos or it ain't going to happen. Not unless you got your button in your throat. And if you do... I got somebody that would pay to meet you.

~Noir
I would like that very much. Sounds wonderful.

I could think of many of naughty and few nice power one could get.

Think of this one, what if you developed a sense of taste and smell so good you could tell not only what chemicals are in something but most likely where it was made?

Try this on for size.

72 hour non-stop writing session. Completely lost in your world. So, bored as all hell, you decide to write something a little naughty on the side as a personal thing.

Thing is, you're already in a creative firestorm, and your imagination gets away with you. Needless to say, I needed a few alchohol wipes afterward, while taking a nice, cold shower.

Oh my... never thought I would be writing this on a public forum.

If you look at many peoples initial eruptions, they tend to have one or two powers related to their eruption and then a score of others related simply to their personality and others seemingly at random.

Lotus Infinite can seemingly take solid matter apart with powers... yet if you do some research into her on the net, you will find she erupted after gorging on some fruit...

Still, I think heightened senses maybe just a Nova sized good outlook on day to day life might be a reasonable result smile

I think some stray posting from some OpNet RPG somehow made it here. Probably based on some novel or something.

Let's disregard and move on. I'm not embarrased over my revelation. Some of the others here are... interesting.

Quote:
Juri 'Salamander' McClendon: What the hell is a canon character eruption?
I think he means "Famous & Powerful", i.e. "The big canons".

Quote:
Dr. Zero:Lotus Infinite can seemingly take solid matter apart with powers... yet if you do some research into her on the net, you will find she erupted after gorging on some fruit...
And I was beating a broken computer mouse, which gave me nothing with computers or mice and instead gave me lots with my emotional state at the time.

Theme, i.e. a general set of related powers. Not all of us have it, but lots of us do. Everything I can do is connected to my regenerative abilities, and/or a reflection of my identification with a fictional character. On some deep dark part of my ID, everything is related.

Lotus can control air/wind, move like the wind, and turn things into nothing (i.e. into air). Those sound pretty connected to me.

Translation: But eruption has very little to do with theme. Someone erupting under the circumstances previously talked about could get in theory pretty near anything. Enhanced social abilities, physical abilities, the ability to connect to other beings... or even the ability to turn into ice (like if she thought the rest of her life was ice or if she wanted to make other people ice like).

That doesn't make a lot of sense, even as a joke.

Canon isn't worshipped, and something's status within canon doesn't necessarily give it any more or less worship than something else inside it. It is given legitimacy over something that is not canon - such as the authentic anime/manga of a story opposed to the doujinshi created by fans, or certain religious texts being held in higher regard than others. But often the doujinshi will be held in absolute fanatical regard by fans, and some religious texts not considered canon by the main church considered absolute irrefutable by the splinter group.

I don't get how someone's fame or reputation somehow makes their eruption "more or less" authentic or legitimate than anyone's else's, since often time the fame is misleading.

At the risk of ruining the joke by asking you to explain it, please explain it.

Considering the usage of Canon in Popular Culture, it's possible that the usage above (which has since been removed) was a reference from a Novaphile group that considers a particular group or confederation of Novas as more deserving of their respect, attention, adulation and/or financial support through licensing than others.

A correlation could be made between the 'quantum accidents' you've spoken about and the Non-accidents. In that case, a non-accident might be a canon eruption and an accident a crap eruption. Someone else not buying into the accident/non-accident differentiation would be clueless as to the meaning and might see all eruptions as 'the same'.

You'll find similar [il]logic in discussions of the old "Star Wars" franchise. Within the Franchise there were [officially] varying degrees of canon, and thus, different subgroups within the fanbase found different parts of the franchise to be valid or invalid as to what they found to be canon based on their personal interpretations of the degrees. ...and they tended to be very vocal about it.

I wouldn't worry to much more about the meaning though, since the original poster may have been in danger of having his secret decoder ring taken away by the group he belonged to by speaking publicly about the Canonical status of Lotus Infinite and has since removed all reference.

Uncle Merriam by the way, somewhat supports Dr. Troll's linking of Canon and Cannon as both appear when one does an online look-up for canon. As such, it could all have been a typo.

Quote:
Juri 'Salamander' McClendon:Canon = Accepted as authentic or holy, depending on the context.

Cannon = That normally big thing what normally goes boom with projectiles, though there are variations.
Quote:
Juri 'Salamander' McClendon:Canon isn't worshipped, and something's status within canon doesn't necessarily give it any more or less worship than something else inside it…
Incorrect. Within most religions, certain things are ‘more holy’ (thus the search for the original cross or it’s nails). Within pre N-day modern society, certain ‘big’ name stars (or politicians, or whatever) were ‘bigger’ than others. There was Marilyn Monroe the person. There is also Marilyn Monroe the worshipped myth.

Within post-N-day society, novas in general are worshiped in the same manner that super-models, pop stars, etc used to be worshiped. However, certain novas are bigger names than others. These bigger names are thus ‘more equal than others’, or ‘more canon’, or ‘bigger canons’.

Or if you really want to shorten it, Lotus is a canon nova, you and I are not. Her fan club is more than 10x bigger than both of ours put together, and she doesn’t seem to spend more time encouraging hers than I do mine. Yes, it isn’t fair. But it is funny. It’s also odd, and I’m not sure what makes a nova step from being a name into myth.

Now Pax is also a canon nova, but he spends time with his fans (and has more actual authority and raw power) so his status is much more understandable. Slider is also IMHO, canon. Somehow she has managed to step from being ‘Slider the person’ into ‘Slider the myth’. I'd count Corbin as cannon (notice I don't need to say his last name). Ditto Totentanz, etc.

The final point is it's easier to talk about Canon novas because everyone has a common referrence. Does anyone on this board NOT know what Pax can do? Corbin? Slider? Splash? Marilyn?

Quote:
Originally posted by David 'Dr. Troll' Smith:
Incorrect. Within most religions, certain things are ‘more holy’ (thus the search for the original cross or it’s nails). Within pre N-day modern society, certain ‘big’ name stars (or politicians, or whatever) were ‘bigger’ than others. There was Marilyn Monroe the person. There is also Marilyn Monroe the worshipped myth.

Within post-N-day society, novas in general are worshiped in the same manner that super-models, pop stars, etc used to be worshiped. However, certain novas are bigger names than others. These bigger names are thus ‘more equal than others’, or ‘more canon’, or ‘bigger canons’.

Or if you really want to shorten it, Lotus is a canon nova, you and I are not. Her fan club is more than 10x bigger than both of ours put together, and she doesn’t seem to spend more time encouraging hers than I do mine. Yes, it isn’t fair. But it is funny. It’s also odd, and I’m not sure what makes a nova step from being a name into myth.

Now Pax is also a canon nova, but he spends time with his fans (and has more actual authority and raw power) so his status is much more understandable. Slider is also IMHO, canon. Somehow she has managed to step from being ‘Slider the person’ into ‘Slider the myth’. I'd count Corbin as cannon (notice I don't need to say his last name). Ditto Totentanz, etc.

The final point is it's easier to talk about Canon novas because everyone has a common referrence. Does anyone on this board NOT know what Pax can do? Corbin? Slider? Splash? Marilyn?
More holy doesn't mean more canon. Christ might be more "holy" than John the Baptist, but that doesn't make Christ's story any more or less "canon" then his. Pontious Pilate's part in the story is HARD canon, but that doesn't make him more holy, nor more reknowned than say, Joan d'Arc, who would be considered canon and holy. On lou's angle, many Star Wars fans can tell you who Mara Jade is, and she is beloved by a great deal of them, but she isn't a 'canon' character in so far as the creator of the films said only the films themselves are 'official canon.' I think you're stretching really hard to save face here.

Archived