Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 10: Heritage

Justin OOC

(apologies again Justin, wife discovered Blood Bowl and I couldnt go near the PC)

Gosha watches as the man is pinned into place and the signal for an all out attack is called. His eyes adjusted to the movements and he noticed now that with the man pinned the golden spot signalling the critical attack point was growing larger by the moment.

He takes an initial swing at it, testing to see whether he can strike it well or not.

Then he brings his sword back for another strike and grabs it with two hands. As he brings it in he lets out an almighty grunt as he puts as much effort as he can into the attack.

He then pulls back for a moment and his eyes trail the golden dot as its grown even larger, then with pinpoint accuracy he rushes in with a lunge, driving his sword straight into the middle of the dot floating in front of his eyes.

Sweat flows into his eyes with the effort he has exerted, but he digs in deep and unleashes a final attack before trying to drop just out of range.

Click to reveal..

Attack 1: regular

Azeroth *rolls* 2d6: 2+2+16: 20 +3 accurate for 23

Damage 337

Attack 2: Passion

Azeroth *rolls* 2d6: 2+2+16: 20 +3 accurate for 23

Damage 674

Attack 3: Last Resort

Auto Hit

Damage 674

Attack 4: Zeal

Azeroth *rolls* 2d6: 6+4+19: 29

Damage 337

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't enough to put him down, but the arm that had been miraculously healed came off. Takshi was bleading from dozens of wounds, The two major ones in his chest came from Gosha's sword. The one attack he managed at his closest attacker missed.

"Kai."

His voice betrayed his target, even as he vanished. He appeared behind the younger skeleton key, between him and Francis. He lashed out at the defeneseless key, only to be met by paired copies of Senbonzakura. "In my Dimension Takashi, I am never without a weapon."

Takashi smiled. "Hadou 88 Heaven Shaking Lightning Cannon!" The blast of actinic lightning knocked Kai clear across the dome, into the wall of swords. He didn't get up, nor did his bankai dissipate.

He looked to Gosha and Francis. "Now that your defender is gone... I will return it to you tenfold."

(sky, lily you're up.)

Skye was aware that Sakura fell, but for once the healer in her couldn’t disengage from the target. She was locked into this fight, the need to stop Hizashi greater than any other urge in her life. Skye had never been this hungry for a death before and part of her was horrified but the rest of her was caught in the combat.

“Wrath of the Northern Wind!” she screamed again, her silver bracelet flashing as Tachikaze swept before her, raging. Fubuki remained in the guarding position, her icy winds driving off the return attacks.

Click to reveal..
Carver rolls 3 attack rolls (+19).

All are Northern Wind.

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+19: 26 + 1 = 27

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 3+3+19: 25 + 2 = 27

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 6+4+19: 29

(witness)[Jason-Bombshell] 9:11 pm: Looks good to me, Carv

Damage: 321 on first and second, 323 on last

Carver rolls 5 defense rolls (+19).

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 5+4+19: 28

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 2+6+19: 27

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 3+1+19: 23

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 4+2+19: 25

EP spend: 30 EP to hit 27 all three times = 130 EP total spent

FF: level 12

The freezing attack missed him at first, but caught his robe at the edges braking off abit of his hakama.

"So be it." He held out Senbonzakura and released it. "Bankai." The sword vanishes straight into the ground as he released it as if he'd dropped it into a pool of water. The ripples travel throughout the area. The sky darkens and all the world seems to fall away. On each side of him a blade appears, more pairs rising slowly, each further pair followed by another in a seemingly endless supply. Each sword blade is like a thirty foot pillar of steel, and he looks up, his gaze empty, cold grey eyes looking at them both. "Scatter, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi." In an instant the pillarine blades shatter and move like the wind, an endless cyclone of what look like cherry blossoms.

The flood of nearly unseen cherry blossoms surrounded The Avatar, and then in an instant ripped across and through the layers of protective fields and hardened skin.

(420 damage halve armor and forcefield protection)

"How does that feel, to know how painful his attacks can be? I didn't strike you full on, though I should. You ruin everything, EVERYTHING."

"The Empire falls, Earth Dies, All because of you."

"That's a hell of a thing to say, seeing as how YOU'VE been manipulating this all along!" Lily's Avatar shot back, its voice echoing even in the infinite plain of this strange pocket dimension. The attack of the pink petals had incredibly managed to pierce most of the Avatar's defenses, but had only drawn enough blood to piss Lily off.

"Takeshi's jealousy split Satoshi, and you're behind Takeshi! This civil war has nearly destroyed an ancient and noble civilization, and you're behind that too! It all comes back down to YOU, so don't try to blame anyone else!"

Abruptly something occurs to her, and she pauses in her diatribe, poised on the brink of attacking. "Wait...how can you be using Kai's sword? He hasn't even lost his! How can there be two of those that are the same?!"

(OOC - This isn't my combat post...that'll come right after his response. :))

"Takashi has ever done as he would. He was the heir after all. I simply tried to guide him through the darker times. I followed because I wanted to change things. If your people had to die, then so be it, at least things would change for the better in the long run."

He looked at her as he mentioned the sword. "I have this sword, Lily, because i have always had it. She is mine."

The way he said her name, it was the same way, almost the same tone, just deeper, that Kai said it in those precious moments they'd been allowed to just be alone together.

"But that's...not..."

Abruptly Lily realized what it must be. What could explain how he held a copy of what should be unique. What could explain why he seemed to know more than he should about some things, while being mysteriously wrong on others.

"You're from a parallel," the avatar said in shock. "Takeshi must have...summoned you from an alternate timeline." Abruptly the lines of the avatar burned even more brightly as Lily's anger surged up inside.

"You did all of this because of things that happened in another universe! Things that were never going to happen HERE at all! You interfered with our time because you couldn't save yours...and look at what you became! A monster that's caused as much death and destruction as you ever wanted to prevent!"

The avatar launched herself at Hizashi, blurring and winking in and out of sight again, energy blade slashing and parrying as it went!

(Attacks are 29, 33, 26 for 679 a hit)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2990558/

(Defenses are 28, 33, 32)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2990561/[size:14pt]

The storm of blades enveloped him in a protective cocoon, yet tey didn't stop everything, two of the strikes found purchase, making him grunt.

He raised his hands and the world changed. "Senkei, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi!" Around them a dome made of swords appeared, blocking the view of everything outside. Two appeared in his hands. He lashed out at the now imprisoned Avatar, missing at first, but twice in blindingly fast succession his sword found purchase against the Spiritual Fusion, tearing searing lines in it's essence. "It has been so long since I used this form, it is reserved only for enemies I must kill."

He shook his head. "As for what you say, what you accuse me of, I have seen it all happen as it did, I will not let Earth fall again. I will stop it, here and now, before things get out of hand. Both of you shall fall, and Things will be Right."

The conviction in his voice was startling.

"Everything I've done has been to make things better. You never could see that, either of you."

(damage from successful attack 300; autofire connects again, for 300 more. each hit is treated as separate)

Gosha finally launched into battle all of his strikes connecting with Takashi, but unfortunately they put him somewhat out of position, away from francis and Kai for the moment. He was able to dodge or block Takashi's attacks but only barely.

Outside, in yet another pocket dimension, Sakura woke to see Hizashi using two swords fighting the Combined Avatar of Lily and Skye. She was still very weak, but awake again. She'd never been hit by an attack so strong...

(Sakura, you're up.)

Reaching out to grasp her sword, which had fallen beside her.. Sakura took deep breaths.. she was in serious pain, more then she'd felt in a long time, she'd never tried that before, she was drained and hurting, battered and bruised, she even thought she might have broken a bone or two..

Struggling to find the energy, she gripped her sword once more, and she tried to get a feel for where the battle was yet again. Trying to regain her breath, that last attack had knocked the wind out of her when she hit the ground, and reaching out to grip the hilt of her sword... she was afraid.. but fear should never be why one chose to enter battle or not..

This was mostly Lily and Skye's battle.. she might be able to help more.. once she caught her breath a bit.. but at the moment, she didn't feel she quite had the strength yet... she could draw on the strength of her spirit, but she was almost completely drained as it was.. instead, she closed her eyes, and began to meditate.. allowing her body to heal as she allowed herself to get her bearings and figure out what had happened so far.

Click to reveal..

Armor 20 || Health: 50 || Energy: 65

Regeneration down to 15... she's concentrating entirely on laying there and regaining her strength, she won't attack, but will go into full defense if attacked...

Concentrating entire on healing that is + 60 Health Regenerated.

[Long sends me forth]

Shocking as it seemed, Takashi had taken Kai out and had Gosha and Francis at his mercy... or nearly so. "Damn it!" Francis howled as he fired off one last Omega Overcharge Barrage. Gosha was dueling with Takashi, but it didn't look good for him. Immediately, his suit beeped with low energy stores being reported... Francis knew he was a dead man if the next few seconds didn't pan out well.

Click to reveal..
HP: 400 EP: 140

Attack Rolls with Overcharge Attacks

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 3+2+17: 22

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 2+1+17: 20

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 2+4+17: 23

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+17: 24

Damage... if they hit, 417 each

Defense rolls:

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 2+1+19: 22

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 1+6+19: 26

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 5+6+19: 30

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 5+1+19: 25

Ok, I am not using chat anymore for this dice rolling.

Francis's attacks all missed, and Takashi looked at him. "Insect." He vanished, and warning systems blared too late, as he appeared beside Francis and caught him with his demonic blade.

"Lay down and die."

He vanished again, and Francis felt a searing pain beyond all others.

(250 damage each round you will take 50 more, until treated.

Skye, Lily, you are up.)

Hizashi wasn't unstoppable, though he'd taken much damage. The Avatar twisted around again to bring Skye's image to the forefront. Despite the wounds that marred her grace, she was laughing still. "You think you know what wounds need to be cauterized to save your home? Then I call you a fool, for this universe is not yours. Nothing is the same, and operating like it is has nearly destroyed everything.

“Wrath of the Northern Wind!” she cried, sweeping Tachikaze forward in an arc of raging snow, ice and wind. Fubuki remained in the guarding position, her icy winds driving off the return attacks.

Click to reveal..
Three attacks:

-All are Northern Wind-

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 5+2+19: 26+1 = 27

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 3+2+19: 24

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 1+3+19: 23

Damage (if that hits): 321

Five defenses:

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 1+5+19: 25

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 6+5+19: 30

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 5+1+19: 25

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 6+4+19: 29

EP spend: 80 EP for guard and 10 EP to hit 27 the first time = 130 EP total spent

FF: level 6

Only Skye's first hit actually connected., and she only dodged half of his series of attacks. Four slashes against the combined field did little, not even piercing it. He dropped back, moving away from them.

"I can see that you're strong. but the two of you will not defeat me."

He held out his hands, and the swords began to glow, and the circles forming the dome ceased their revolution. CLearly he was about to do something heinous.

(8 hits and none of the attackspeirce combined field with guard up, Lily it is your turn.)

The glowing lines of the conjoined Avatar shook and twisted momentarily under Hizashi's assault, with only the raw power that Skye had directed into maintaining its integrity standing between them and oblivion. Ectoplasmic streams of glowing blue vapor streamed out of the many places where its energy shield had been pierced. Liquid blood made dark places on both Lily and Skye, where the attacks of the petal-like blades had breached both defensive energy barriers and the hardened ball of the Avatar's heart to bring harm to the souls that gave it life.

Seeing Skye's own attack nullified by Hizashi's own formidable defense brought a sliver of doubt into her. Even with this new, unfathomable power, were they no match for Hizashi? Somehow Skye and Lily...the power of priest and goddess...had become one, and each fed the other to become far more than the sum of its parts. But Hizashi was driven by something more than mortal as well; a dark madness that glared out of his eyes.

"Skye, this has to end and I need your help. Concentrate on our defenses...keep the power flowing. I'll go on attack and go all-out, holding nothing back. Our lives are in your hands because I won't be able to stop any counter attack."

With that the Avatar changed, becoming not simply like Lily or Skye, but an amalgam of them both as they both poured themselves freely into it. In its right hand it bore a massive energy blade. In its left, a steely fan. Skye's ears and elegant cheekbones. Lily's windblown hair and nose.

I won't get a chance to bait him into a vulnerability like I did before, she thought as Hizashi's face hardened into a sneer. I'll have to keep him busy, and when the opening comes act instantly...

The world erupted into pink blossoms, and the Avatar vanished just before they exploded into the spot it had been. For Lily, the next several seconds seemed to draw out into minutes. Streams of tiny blades streaked past from all directions, trying to box her in before piercing the Avatar's heart for one more fatal blow. She kept soaring past, trying to get close to Hizashi, only to be forced to flicker away again as the petals gathered into a titanic wave and gushed up at her.

There were too MANY! Even while attacking viciously, he always kept enough of the damned things close to him that he could block an attack! And Lily knew she had to make this attack count. They couldn't keep this level of energy output up for much longer, even in their conjoined state. She needed a distraction...something to create an opening. But there was nothing she could do!

Just then, there was a cry from above, the sound of a true Goddess in pain, and the noise of a thousand upon a thousand weapons firing, and impacting, and a howl of rage from Ayato.

And...perhaps secure in his confidence, or perhaps because he viewed Tsunami as the true enemy, or perhaps even because Ayato was so very important to his plans...Hizashi let his eyes slip towards that display of the space battle that hovered above the 'arena.' It was less of a slip than a blink wold have been. A bare instant before he brought his eyes back to Lily.

But an instant was enough.

There was no time for the acrobatic teleportation distractions she'd used on her first opponent. No time to wind her way up. She had to create the Star of Dalaraan, using just one jump. One teleport that was made of five jumps so fast they became simultaneous. It was like going from standing still to a full on sprint, without passing through the in-between acceleration. The concentration was total, absolute. Without Skye to hold the Avatar together, she would have lost bankai.

But Skye was there, and when Hizashi looked back, he saw the avatar's sword in his chest. He could feel it in his back, in his sides. The instant collapsed, and time started again, and Lily danced the Avatar back away from Hizashi...leaving the sword in his chest.

She felt her heart skip a beat. Despite the success of the Star, there was an overpowering sense of malice and danger flooding the arena as Hizashi slowly reached up to wrap his fingers around the hilt of the energy blade, his black eyes never wavering from Lily. No, not again. Never again.

Hizashi smiled even as he coughed blood. "Very good, Very Good princess." He raised his hand. "Not quite enough. Both of you die, just to be sure." He closed his hand, and the blades circling them which had stopped, turned inwards, and flew towards the Avatar, a thousand blades skewering it all over, bringing forth pain from every corner of both their bodies, igniting a cascade of pain that threatened to rob them both of conscious thought.

(I have done the math for you, and it's a miracle you both live. The Avatar has a combined 144 hp left, taking 325 from the attack, after guard.)

Elsewhere, Kai rose from the ground, his eyes closed, his hands out this was his last gambit.

"Thou who art darker than even darkness,

Thou who art deeper than even the night.

Thou, who drifts upon the Sea of Chaos,

Golden Lord of Darkness!"

The entire world began to shake, and Hizashi smiled. "Now it ends."

(Sakura is up)

Drawing in a deep breath, Sakura rose from her position laying on the ground, her sword still in one hand.. and she shook her head, she had thought to let the other's finish the battle, but it didn't seem like it was going well for them. Power was a funny thing, and she looked at Hizashi and shook her head. "I don't think so, I have just enough in me to make your entire attack on them, worthless and wasted.. " Even as she spoke, she let the energy of her spirit flow into Lily/Skye, restoring all of the health that they had lost.

"Perhaps you will finish me now, but better I fall fighting your darkness, then to have stood by and let it happen." She continued to fly in the air, almost an insect between a battle of titans.. but she couldn't let it stop there.

"Really, you must be fallen far, to think this is somehow, the right thing to do.. you actions have almost destroyed earth, you have slain millions, and you somehow feel this is the right thing to do?" Her head was throbbing, her body was aching and in pain, she was almost utterly drained.. but she would do all that she could to deny this foe his victory.

Click to reveal..

Armor 20 || Health: 65 || Energy: 5

Regeneration +15.. spending 60 energy, for the Mercy Spirit command, 3 times on Lily/Skye, restoring 90% of their health.

Holding defensive actions, will defend Lily/Skye to try and stop or at least weaken his attacks on them.

(OOC LMAO, best laid plans of ST's and such...)

Hizashi watched. "I never remember you looking so beautiful Sakura. Your life was one I wished would have been spared. You deserved better than you'll get now."

He looked at the Avatar. "It comes to this then."

Power flared out of him, and up into a brilliant white aura. The Swords all vanished, their material forming in his hands.

"I cannot fail again."

His words punctuated the power, and it exploded. Two brilliant wings connected by a halo sprout from his back, his arms were both sheathed in raw white mana. A Sword of pure white power formed in his hand.

"Shuukei, Hakuteiken"

"That you have pushed me to this, you should be proud. You never have before. You never stood together before."

The aura was incredible, it was the power of a God, bound in mortal flesh.

Takashi laughed with manic amusement as he turned to Kai, undaunted by the display of earth-shattering words. "Your last try? Brave... but too long to save you." Then, he flashed forward, raising Sounga in a blow that he believed would finish matters. Leave his rival screaming in the dust from the pain. Then he'd meet Hizashi and collect Kai's girls as pets...

The sound of a gun charging was something he'd gotten to recognize, but even though he normally associated it with an insect, its mere presence of audible existence was impossible. Caught by surprise, he allowed a slowing, a moment's gaze back... Impossible! That worm should be writhing in his- I can't evade what he fires!

--

Francis had never encountered pain like this before. Ever. He was dead, there wasn't going to be a chance, he decided. Everything in his body was being rent apart from inside, the nano-techs being overwhelmed and themselves destroyed, the suit reported.

But that didn't mean he didn't have a little left to give. With a grunt of extreme effort, and a half-muffled sob of pain, he turned about onto his side from where he had fallen. Giving out a breath to expel all fear, his eyes tracked Takashi even in the midst of Flash Steps.

A series of trigger-stroking. A shot flew out to hit Takashi in the back. Then, a stream, brief as it was scorched more material in the spinal area, flesh, bone and clothing. One crack, and the overextended renegade captain was hit a final time.

Takashi was already stopping and reflexively compelled to adjust, but Francis' suit was already humming with input. In a jump, he disappeared, grabbing onto Gosha to bring the fellow comrade along.

Behind Kai, chanting with baleful power, the two reappeared. Now, Kai had his chance, Francis reflected, though a warning in his subconsciousness tried to remind him of the apocalyptic nature of this attack.

Still, brash to the end, he murmured, "Incinerate him, Kai."

Kai nodded, looking at Takashi, still recovering from the previous attacks.

"I call upon thee, and Swear myself unto thee. Let the fool who stands before me be annihlated by the power you and I possess......."

"Elsewhere, Hizashi nodded. "Do it Kai."

(Skye, Lily you're up)

• 2 weeks later...

Lily's disbelief echoed through the place where she and Skye overlapped...that spot where their minds, possibly even souls, were one. With the disbelief came something far worse. Doubt.

The Star of Dalaraan is my strongest attack! If that doesn't kill him...can he even BE killed?! The only thing I have left is the Ragnablade...

Skye felt the terrible temptation scouring Lily, and by extension herself. The energies of the Avatar were far beyond what she'd ever commanded by herself. Lily's singular bankai state at least gave her some kind of experience, some kind of precedent. Maybe she was right?

But that stubborn streak of morality that had survived every cruelty that fate could throw at it...through a childhood wracked with war and loss, and tortures unimaginable outside the realm of Hell, and through the agony of love gained and then defiled and ripped completely away...though all this had painted Skye in shades of grey, there was still a white bar deep inside where she knew what was right and wrong, even if circumstances sometimes presented her with only greater wrongs and lesser wrongs.

No good could come from a weapon like Ragnablade. And what Skye knew, Lily knew.

Attacking separately isn't going to work, the priestess suggested. Let me attack with you this time. It's no good being in one body like this if we keep trying to do different things. We have to act as one.

Lily hesitated...then agreed. It was strange at first, trying to coordinate. But then each of them stopped trying to control the unity, and simply trusted it. No second guessing, no trying to anticipate. Lily acted and Skye acted, and when they did, they did in unison.

There was a soundless pulse from the Avatar, throwing off something like an invisible concussion wave of spiritual power. The lines of its body brightened and shaded from blue towards white. It brought its hands together; one holding the great sword, the other holding the radiant blue fan. The two weapons started to explode outward in a storm of white energy...but the display suddenly stopped and collapsed back into the Avatar's hands with a flash too bright to look at.

The new sword was larger and glowed the same almost-white blue that the rest of its body did. It had an oversized guard that radiated in a broad fan-like shape with the long straight blade projecting out from the exact center.

"We still hadn't," came the voice of the Avatar...and it was both Skye and Lily, amplified and filled with power. The Avatar itself had changed subtly again, for now the representation was closer to exactly 50/50 Skye and Lily. Not just Lily with some of Skye's features, but an actual blend of the two.

"Until now."

And as one, they leapt at him, both in space and time, and by leaping to and fro across it.

(Attacking. Using the double-passion on all 3 attacks, and Concentration for the turn.)

Rolls are: 31, 33, and 36

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015122/

Each hit does 2716

Defenses: 33, 36, 35

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015124/

Oh, using Guard again too.

The blades met, and for an instant The Avatar saw it skitter along, and then they could almost feel the blade passing through their heart.....

And then reality returned with all the fury the divinely empowered women could muster. Against this assault even senbonzakura could not stand, and the blade shattered before theirs, their blade passing between Hizashi's hands and into and through his chest.

"Well Done. Well done all of you. Finish him, Kai." With that Hizashi's head slumped forward, and through the sword they could feel him truly die, his body turning to dust and blowing away in some unseen wind. Only then did the other dimension fade, returning them to the throneroom, where they could still see the domelike dimensional boundary that Kai and the others fought in.

---------------------

The energy between Kai's hands had matured it was time.

GIGA-SLAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The blast shot from his hands to engulf takashi in an attack that was beyond all others. The explosion of mana shattered Senkei, and Darkness enveloped everyone present, extending out to cover first the planet, then the the entire star system. Everyone hear the voice.

"You have summoned me,and set right a great wrong. I abide this, though next time I will not be so forgiving."

In the darkness, tiny points of light began to show through the darkness. The strongest were clustered together. Stripped down to who they were, each one recognized the others. The souls of the great heroes, of the Goddess, her children, and the allied Captains.

Kai's voice was there too. "Assert your will to live. Use your mana to restore things."

Everyoe did as he said. The system restored itself, leaving all as it once had been.

The Avatar stood in the throneroom, the CRT squad, Francis, Kai, gosha, and Valerie and Sakura all there as well. Kai shone brightly as his powers as a Key and a Master flowed out, helping to repair things. He was aware of the Amaterasu, ready to fire, and looked to the Avatar. He reached into it, and smiled.

"We're the last hope."

"Bankai."

The entire world shone with blue light, as millions of swords, Kai's bankai, transmogrified by the power of the Priestess of Tsunami, and by her daughter the crown princess, ensconced the world in a different dimension, just as the Amaterasu fired its fully charged Synchro cannon.

The shield held, and then shattered, blowing the three of them away from each other, and knocking Kai and Lily out cold.

The world had been saved, destroyed, and saved again, thanks to these heroes.

Those in space watched the spectacle. They could only stare at the world that ruled an empire in awe.

For one, there was one final duty.

Click to reveal..
This was extremely close, only those in chat know just how much. you may all react to what has happened.

Sakura was so exhausted she could barely move, she almost didn't have enough energy to stand, she was just barely managing to to keep from falling on her face. Stumbling forward, she looked around to see who had survived the battle, and hoping that it was everyone. She didn't have much left, so as soon as she knew everyone was alright, she thought she might collapse. She knew Lily and Skye were fine, so she turned to seek out the boys, for a moment Kai laying worried her, but then she realized he was still breathing..

She stumbled over to Francis, who had been her partner at the beginning of these battles when they were in space. She was so weary that just the thought of trying to fly made her tremble with exhaustion. "You look almost as bad as I feel.. " She stumbled and caught herself by putting a hand on his chest, stumbling against him. Her clothing ripped and torn, splattered with her own blood, she wasn't in great shape herself. "Everyone alright? Good.. cause I don't think I can stay conscious much longer.."

Francis didn't know how during the darkness, but with the gritting mental struggle to clear off his primal fear, the pain vanished and according to his systems, the damage being caused by Takashi's Bankai was gone too. Breathing heavily, he waited for the situation to calm down and his nanites to begin re-healing him. Kai saved them again, but Francis knew he wasn't dead, just conked out.

Like he almost was, despite the recovery as nanites visibly knitted up torn flesh and damaged armor. He straightened up to catch and hold onto Sakura carefully. Who knew what the girls had fought through in combat with Hizashi? "Here..." he whispered tenderly, guiding Sakura to a sitting position against the wall. "Stay calm, breath slowly."

Keeping an eye on her, he considered that Ayato was still out there, potentially. He tapped into the communication net on his armor and broadcast to secure Satoshi ships.

"Fleet, this is Agent Francis Gold, calling in... does anyone read me?"

"Roger that Francis, We have sustained some damage but we are relatively intact." Ryoma Nagare's voice boomed over his earpeice, the excitable mecha pilot's voice not even hinting at exhaustion. "Ayato has been slain, and the Republic Fleet has surrendered unconditionally, what's left of it at any rate."

"Is everyone there alright? I know Kai is, but the princess and the others, do you require an Evac?"

Around Francis the seven satoshi battle armor troops had stirred and were standing up assessing things, and moving silently into a defensive formation.

Francis smiled for the others, looking around while assessing everyone. "We've seen better days, obviously, but I don't think anyone's at risk of kicking the bucket." His own voice was obviously quite weary and tired. "What's the fleet's situation up there?"

"We lost one of our Avalon Class cruisers, and alot of drones. material casualties are roughly 38 percent. Personnel losses are less than ten percent, even with the cruiser's destruction."

"I'm rerouting to planetside, Gai's with me, and someone else."

"Roger that, we're recuperating in the Throne room..." Francis' eyes went to the Avatar, sharing Lily and Skye's features...and he recalled Skye praying until exhaustion. "By the way, did Ayato... eliminate his target? I know there's certain people who would hope that's not the case."

The Shin Getter Robo, probably the biggest robot in the Satoshi arsenal lands in front of the palace. It sets down a odd, silvery ball in front of the palace, and then the ball looks like it deflates, stored gasses in the re-entry panels hisses from internal valves attached to the armor of what is hidden inside the ball.

When the re-entry system deflates, it looks like something is standing hidden by a silvery cloak, standing up to the knee of the shin getter. Some heat still radiates from the heat-resistant skin of the re-entry shields as each airbag detaches one by one until what is revealed is a blue and white mecha, some scorch marks on the chest armor shows that it had been in a fight, but it seems to have won.

"Thank you, Captain, for the carry... I got no real mobility with the emergency re-entry cushions activated. Oh and have a SCRT-4 technician pick up the spent shield bladders. those are re-useable."

She steps foreward away from the still hot shields, then opens a hatch on the back of the head. Rebecca Steps out and walks unto the shoulder of the SeaTalon. She pulls out a rope and rappels down from the cockpit as it closes up and activates it's security with a sound like a car security alarm.

"Hello Everyone!" Rebecca shouts, her speaker on her helmet amplifying her voice enough to be heard from 30 meters up. "I hope everyone is alright?"

Clad in a trenchcoat that was torn and frayed on the edges, Ryoma emerged from the primary cockpit of Shin Getter, over a hundred meters in the air. "I don't know why, but I have to say I'm happy to be here. This was a dream of all my generation. Only I'm not a conqueror, I come as an Ally." He began jumping down, landing at various points on the mecha, until he landed near Rebbecca on the ground.

"Nobody inside can hear you. It's still sealed."

He tossed her a massive handgun, almost as big as her entire arm. "Use that if the need arises." He was a huge man, almost seven feet tall, and built like a bull. Even the woman he carried looked like a child in his arms.

he lead her inside, following the invisible connection to Kai.

Francis cut off the link, and then nodded to everyone. "Ryoma called in, he's coming down with some people. Everything looks like it's turning around. Ayato got one through the heart from Tsunami, the enemy fleet surrendered, and we have the big boys dealt with. I guess we wait then."

"eep!" Rebecca catches the gun, but it's sheer size she can barely heft. "I'll keep that in mind." She says with a blush. She decides to open her helmet visor and get some real air in her lungs and let the hair out. The helmet folds open with the precision of a origami sculpture and her blonde hair flops out, she even notices it. "Wha... SeaTalon... that was un-necessary! You changed my hair color!"

She stomps almost like a schoolgirl in embarassment. "Changing yourself or my suit is perfectly fine but keep your nanites off me, okay?"

She struggles to lug the massive gun. Near the doors she decides this might not be a good sidearm choice. "I'm really going to have to get a good sidearm..."

Ryoma chuckled. "I'll see to it when we get back. I forget most of you humans aren't used to weapons like that."

There was a click and he chuckled "Unless it's one of Seargeant Johnson's battle armor troops." The Soldier saluted. "At ease. Show us in."

The trio of awake people walked in, and saw the scene. Gosha was off by himself, Francis and Sakura were leaning on each other. Kai, Lily, and Skye were lying on the ground. Takashi and Hizashi were gone."

"Well, you weren't lying Francis. Nobody's dead, but you guys look like hell." He set Ryoko down on the carpet leading to the Thrones, and went and knelt by Lily. He grabbed her shoulder and shook her gently. "wake up Princess, I got someone ya need to see."

"If everyone doesn't mind, I'm going to tend to the injured. I'm not much for diplomatic functions." She says, as she pulls out a medkit from a side pouch on her suit, and pulls out a diagnostic wand. She starts scanning the wounded to figure out what sort of treatment regimen she has to start on with the medkit.

Click to reveal..
Anyone need a sponge bath? wink

The Avatar had deposited Skye a decent distance from everyone else. Groaning, the beautiful priestess painfully rolled over, scanning her memory for what had happened. Slowly, it came back: the fateful prayer that drained her of energy, followed by a hazy memory of somehow being one… melded with Lily. That brought back more memories, ones that weren’t her own: a inhumanly long childhood on an alien planet, the transferring to Earth, falling in love with Kai and more. Then there were the ones that were even hazier, that weren’t from her or Lily. What the holle?

And worse was the knowledge that Lily knew her as intimately. Skye cringed internally as she staggered to her feet. Another kimono destroyed, she thought distractedly, even as she wondered why it mattered to her. It wasn’t her garment; it was some officer’s. She pulled it around her, using the obi to preserve her modesty, such as it was.

Skye wasn’t sure what had happened. But she did know that she didn’t want to be around here at all. Soon, they would be getting up, celebrating and she was going… somewhere. This wasn’t her home. Tsunami would release her from service and she’d go back to being Luna’s priestess.

It was back to looking for Kazuo. Skye felt her heart start to ache, all over again. So unfair, she thought, slapping at the tears that were starting to rise in her eyes. I just found him! Slowly, she started for the door. She couldn’t be here for this.

As Skye was moving to leave, with everyone in a sort of dissaray, That's when Hideko and Klan walked in. One, a teenager from another dimension, another a genetically created warrior from an alien race.

Klan, looking and sounding all of twelve years old looked up to Skye and smiled. "You fought very well Skye, the parts of the fight I had time to watch."

She nodded. "Hideko, this is Skye, Priestess of Tsunami, the goddess you saved and got thanked by a little while ago."

She looked to Skye. "This is Hideko. Evidently an expiriment went wrong and she got sent across the worlds here, and got caught up in our battle. She risked herself to save the crew after we got hit, and actually shot Ayato full on in the face."

It was clear to see the Blue Haired child-captain was quite happy with Hideko, even proud.

"Is everyone here? Good. Someone check on Valerie, I think she's alive, but she wasn't in good shape, so I don't know." She was still leaning against the wall, taking deep breaths, that battle had been too close, they had won almost literally by a hair, she couldn't remember a battle she'd fought in was quite as close as this one had gone.

Archived