Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Episode 8: Fanatics 'R' Us

Tough choice between Esteban for spending the entire episode as a cat, and Paul for playing the doctor well at the beginning of the episode and doing a lot to help the negotiating later. While Esteban was pretty amusing, Paul did a lot more of the work, so I'm giving Paul my vote.

Thanks for the consideration Anon. I really wish there had been more for me to do. As it was though I was a.) waiting in reserve for sdefensive purposes. B.) portraying his Nature (Exploring form as well as location) and C.) Not trying to drive the locals to paranois when they realize that Novas can be changelings...people are always freaked by changelings.

Anyways, back on topic.

I vote for Cottus, for being so gracious about the ethnic slurs directed at him, and his attention to detail and mannerisms.

I also vote for Alex. He managed to keep Paul active and accurate throughout this verrrry long episode. Kudos to him! ::biggrin

As a quick and related aside, I wanted to briefly apologize for my(and Brandt's) infrequent contributions. The field of study I've chosen is much more time-consuming than I would have ever thought it to be, and leaves me precious little free time.

But summer's coming, and I hope to be able to spend more time posting with only one class to deal with. :)

RE: Natures and Performance.

I'd like to point out something that's pretty funny re-reading the chapter. Paul, try doing "X". Paul gives an excuse. Repeat *many* times. Paul went a *LONG* time before spending any juice. ::devil Re-reading the chapter it stands out, but I'd forgotten the issue till now.

We were walking into another situation where we were supposed to be a lot stronger, and with as badly burned as he got last time he was more than slightly worried about it. By the time we got to the studio every one else had used their powers a lot so taint wasn't an issue. Then looking friendly became more important. But without the studio he'd have gone the entire episode without doing anything but maintaining the link and doing his Doctor thing.

Actually Paul would like to go back there in a year or two and see if his thoughts of ecology were justified. 100 Million novas anyone? ::ohmy

Ok Paul wins it! I'm giving everyone 6XP for this episode because it dragged out sooo long.

Mission complete: $10k per

With finding of Meklar current location: + $10k per

With change of Meklar fleet: + $1k per

With details about eruption wave: + $1k per

= +$22k each!

Paul wins 1xp from the vote! He definately lived up to his Force of Nature part, with how he dealt with the Quorum and informed them about novas. His Survivor also came out fairly well, as he seemed perfectly willing to leave their world to its fate. I'll give him 3xp, for a total of 10xp.

Simon put his Architect to some use, trying to help convince the public and the Quorum to do something worthwhile with their nova powers. He didn't get much opportunity to show off his summoning skills except in the burning church. I'll give him 2xp, for a total of 8xp.

Jonathan was very careful to ensure that the new novas wouldn't be exploited, backing up his Caretaker. He also sort of had to hide his Pagan nature, or risk everyone discounting him as a Tool of Satan. ::wink I'll give him 2xp, for a total of 8xp.

Zhenglai certainly got to experience the persecution part of being a Saint, as well as doing his best to convince the Quorum and the public of his Visions. I'll give him 3xp for a total of 9xp.

Esteban spent most of the episode in disguise, contributing his words through other people. I'm not sure if I should count his Exploration of Kristin's lap. ::tongue I'll give him 2xp anyway, for a total of 8xp.

Brandt backed up Simon and Jonathan in trying to help the novas be free from exploitation and convince them of using their powers for the good of their world. I'll give him 2xp for a total of 8xp.

Ash is Mr. No Longer Appearing In This Film, due to his mysterious absence. Should he reappear, he did a good job of pushing his luck, especially when the party first arrived, and it's probably good for all involved that he didn't get to explore his Hedonism. I'll give him 7xp.

Theo did her best to stay out of the limelight to back up her Hermit. She was also willing to leave them entirely to their own devices to Survive. I'll give her 2xp for a total of 8xp.

And that's a wrap!

• 4 weeks later...

Shot of “Nova Trans-D” logo sitting on a polished wood table in an extremely rich man’s office.

Offstage: Voice#1: “What episode gave us the highest ratings so far?”

Offstage: Voice#2: “That one where Quantum ran wild. The Fans really liked seeing the crew at risk and all the aberrations pop out.”

Offstage: Voice#1: “Can we send them back?”

Offstage: Voice#2: “No Sir. They destroyed the Quantum pump and most of the cast had their agents tell me they’ll quit before they try that again. There’s a clause in their contract giving them that option sir. Medical tells us some still haven’t recovered.”

Offstage: Voice#1: “Well… if we have any fatalities we can replace them. How close can we come to sending them back without running into that clause?”

Offstage: Voice#2: “I’ll find out.”

Narrator: “In an exciting new episode of “Nova Trans-D “, our heroes are once again put at risk in a high Quantum world…”

<Shot of SGI’s briefing room > Michal says off screen: “… 9BI GIB8 is the best candidate. It has a stronger quantum field than ours…” “…The world split off around eighteen hundred to eighteen twenty...” “The probe I sent through seemed to have arrived in some kind of religious district..."

<Shot of the novas looking at each other with expressions of dismay>

Shot of Richard in front of the gate saying, “Michal thinks your powers will be stronger - better range, maybe, better effects, maybe. He doesn't think it'll affect you like aberration world, but he does recommend being very cautious about your power usage."

Narrator: “..where they find some problems..”

<Shot of Furry Nova erupting>

<Shot of Invis-Girl erupting>

<Shot of Sticky erupting>

<Shot of Fire Priest erupting>

<Shot of Light bulb nova erupting>

<Shot of Beautiful Healer erupting>

Paul's voice mentally saying, *...50 Million novas...*

Voice off stage saying in fear; “The Inquisition is coming.”

Narrator: “…all on this week’s episode of Nova Trans-D, ‘FANATICS ‘R’ US!!!”

Offstage: Voice#2: “No Sir. They destroyed the Quantum pump and most of the cast had their agents tell me they’ll quit before they try that again. There’s a clause in their contract giving them that option sir. Medical tells us some still haven’t recovered.”

Offstage: Voice#1: “Well… if we have any fatalities we can replace them. How close can we come to sending them back without running into that clause?”

Offstage: Voice#2: “I’ll find out.”

D:

Archived