Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope I dont have to remind you, Bahamut, that letting Firefly walk away is a very bad idea....we dont want her to know she is in Cuba...at all...

Its putting us in grave danger...

You should bring her in, knock her out and warp her somewhere safe and leave her...

I do hope I dont have to remind you, Bahamut, that letting Firefly walk away is a very bad idea....we dont want her to know she is in Cuba...at all...,,

Its putting us in grave danger...

You should bring her in, knock her out and warp her somewhere safe and leave her...

I thought they teleported her somewhere else? ::confused

Actually, she doesn't know you're based in Cuba. All she knows is that she was in Austin, got knocked out, and woke up in a cave in Cuba. She has no reason to think they're based nearby, she'll probably assume the opposite. She just thinks they dumped her in some random location to talk.

Of course, if you want to, you can try warping her away anyway.

"Who are you? We're having an important meeting right now. I ain't lettin' you in unless they want you in, got it?" He made a strange gurgling noise as he spoke, and an eyeball and testicle noticebly danced inside his skull as his internal fluid shifted around. His overall appearance was hard not to be distracted by, but Bob was more accustomed than other novas to sights like Sloppy Joe's. The smell, on the other hand...

I should be writing novels or something, I just evoke the greatest images.

Actually, she doesn't know you're based in Cuba. All she knows is that she was in Austin, got knocked out, and woke up in a cave in Cuba. She has no reason to think they're based nearby, she'll probably assume the opposite. She just thinks they dumped her in some random location to talk.

Of course, if you want to, you can try warping her away anyway.

Hmm...I didnt realize that....in that case warping her might make her suspicious. Best to knock her out again if you plan on that. But dont listen to me...Im not even there...

If Jack gets the chanse he will head to the blackburn to have more like minded people around

You can start posting in the Blackburn thread then. We'll just assume you came through Kyle's Warp with James, since the Blackburn thread happens after Branch 1 ends.

You may want to lay a bit low though, since you and Flare just made a big scene on the news and all.

Heya! Sorry about the lag.

Envy's checklist for the evening...

1.) Put Turncoat in a cell and heavily mox and sedate him.

2.) Tell geryon about Turncoat and try and enlist aid against Delormier.

3.) Extend an olive Branch to Narcosis, as the head of another faction interested in baseline relations...

Obviously he will speak with Kyle but doesnt yet know Kyle wants to speak with him, so perhaps Kyle can find him somewhere along his agenda...

Okay! On with posting...

Psychic Shield wouldn't apply for telepathic communication, unless Envy chose to resist it. Telepathic communication is "voluntary" so if Envy resists it, then it won't go through, otherwise it'll be fine. PS wouldn't affect telepathic detection rolls either, since PS doesn't guard against detection (the "scanning" part of Telepathy).

Psychic Shield wouldn't apply for telepathic communication, unless Envy chose to resist it. Telepathic communication is "voluntary" so if Envy resists it, then it won't go through, otherwise it'll be fine. PS wouldn't affect telepathic detection rolls either, since PS doesn't guard against detection (the "scanning" part of Telepathy).

Thats what I thought. But then Im also not a rules guru when it comes to Aberrant so I decided not to say anything

Or get the extra on Invisibility and hope for a lot of successes?

Personally, I would only apply that Extra to "standard" senses like sight, smell, taste, touch, and sound.

Touch...that's a strange one. Basically, someone touches you but can't feel it. Add vision invisibility + touch invisibility and someone may not even realize they just bumped into you. They'll think they tripped over their own feet.

Personally, I would only apply that Extra to "standard" senses like sight, smell, taste, touch, and sound.

Touch...that's a strange one. Basically, someone touches you but can't feel it. Add vision invisibility + touch invisibility and someone may not even realize they just bumped into you. They'll think they tripped over their own feet.

works nicely with mega strength...

I would like to propose a bit more organizing of our forum. I suggest A separate folder where all the branches/chapters go to and another separate folder for everyones fictions.

Lastly, I think we would remember to use the Op-Net board more, if it was also pinned at the top...

Psychic Shield wouldn't apply for telepathic communication, unless Envy chose to resist it. Telepathic communication is "voluntary" so if Envy resists it, then it won't go through, otherwise it'll be fine.
My bad. I posted that, then I thought twice about it, but I never went back and fixed it. Bad twice over.

This is the really cool thing about P-shield, you get to pick.

Question: Would you guys like to finish Ch1 sooner, or later? I could draw this particular part out more, as there are other things I can have happen, but if you guys want to move to the next Chapter, which looks to be the struggle against the Apostle, I can. I know there hasn't been much combat this Chapter (or any, for most of you), but I had to establish the setting and start the NoLK, so...next Chapter should have ppenty of quantum-spewing opportunities. Hopefully for everyone that wants it, anyway. You know, what with an internal war going on and everything.

I say we draw it out some more. We can consider the next branch to be a reconveneing of the Prometheans all together so we can all discuss everything that has happened. As several PCs are looking for Envy, this is probably the best way to handle it. Um...we need to interrogate Turncoat (IF he is still our captive...all this talk of a mole and such by BT has made me *very* paranoid at this point! And damn him he is doing it OOC so I have to bite my tongue! Damn you BT, you damned talented Storyteller you!). I was going to have Envy talk to Narcosis, but given their relationship, its best that Leiko talked to her...Is the mole a PC? Is it Vi? Who could it be? Im all creeped out now... ::unsure

Does the mole even know it? Did Envy *really* join the Teragen of his own free will, or was he brainwashed into doing it by the Directive with false memories. Every now and then, Envy's *real* personality surfaces... like when he prevented the death of another Directive agent.

Its not me...The mole is a Proteus mole based on BT's IC flavor-text. And in that IC flavor text they said they didnt know much about Envy....Im go back and read it again...

And btw Alex...we all know what they say about people pointing fingers... ::huh

So in the Prologue material, Eyelash gives intelligence on Envy (they dont know anything), Leiko, Roach, and James. So they arent the mole.

That leaves among the PCs, Bob, Jack, King Cobra, and Kyle.

Of course, there is no reason to not be suspicious of everybody, but perhaps we can make some educated eliminations...Kyle isnt officially a Promethean yet, and its hard to believe he would have gotten so deep into CORE without Pedro having some visions about him.

King Cobra seems far to individualistic, but its still a possibility...of course if that was the case, KC would have given them alot more intel on Envy given that the two have been friends now for over a year.

That leaves Bob and Jack. Im already tempted to say Bob, given that Alex pointed the finger at me, but check out this little bit:

As for Turner, or Jack as our mole says he's being called now, there are several paths we can take. There's no possibility of him ever being recovered as a viable Utopian nova, and his former Team Tomorrow friends are furious over his defection. If we paint him as a victim of Flare's coercion, then we can eliminate him and blame it on the Teragen. We'll discuss various options regarding Turner's apprehension later.

That first sentace could be interpreted as being an indicator, depending on how you read the pronouns...

...of course it might not be a PC at all....where did Vi go off to so suddenly?

And btw Alex...we all know what they say about people pointing fingers... ::huh
Actually what they say is that the guy who calls in the fire is the one who set it. ::cool

I assume I'm not listed because I have cipher... and I also already have a dark fate. I don't need dark secrets as well. Although if I'd thought of it maybe I'd have done it. It's probably a -5 flaw, so that's 2.5 points of willpower. ::happy

Motivation becomes a problem though. It's pretty hard for me to play a Terat because OOC I think they are wrong about too many things. However I did come up with a character I felt I could play... of course the flip side of that is it'd be pretty easy for me to play someone from Project Pro. I'm not sure I'm duplicitous enough to play someone who is a hard core Project Pro who is playing a hard core Terat. ::unsure

Of course on the other hand, in theory Bob is a multiple creature. Maybe I don't know (if that's the case BT then I want 2.5 points of willpower).

If it comes up IC, I think Bob can prove to everyone's satisfaction it isn't him. Not that Envy would be any happier.

Archived