Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

and not *most* powers such as quantum bolt.

The other powers that they are talking about it working on would be things like "claws" or "immolate", i.e. maintenance attack powers.

since his power is permanent...

A permanent power doesn't cost juice and is always on.

the power actually drains enough juice to give Envy a net gain...

I'm stunned. Sounds like someone got some levels of RQC and/or more than one dot of Leech. Well done.

Envy has absolutely no problems with channeling Q points in a round...Node 5 is handy

Ah, now it's starting to make sense. Well done again.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't perm on, it's more like an extreme version of uncontrolled.

Ways to deal with this situation:

#1: You simply can't use it more than once per round. If attacking more than one target (or the same target multiple times), then only the first one applies.

Advantages: Simple, straightforward, easy to impliment.

Disads: Themeatically it's a bit odd. For example you could accept a psi-link touch by having two novas do it at the same time, i.e. nova "a" touches you right before nova "b" with the psi-link does.

#2: It's a multiple action, with the usual multiple action penalties.

Advantages: Works better from a theme stand point, also keeps to known rules, and you really are trying to use the power(s) multiple times in the same round.

Disads: Harder to impliment, have to keep track of how many people will touch you then resolve the results at the end. Further I'm not sure if all the powers involved allow multiple actions.

#3: Rebuild the power so it really is perm and always on. Reduce the quantum costs of all the powers involved to zero.

Advantages: Could then use it multiple times in a single round, even with quick, without issues.

Disads: Much harder to impliment, maybe impossible.

as for # 3, It is actually bought as permanent as the aberration but as a flaw meaning he can't use his aberration transfer (permanent) to get rid of it...
That's the source of the whole problem. If it were really permanent then you could touch 2, or 10, or 100 people in a single combat round and it would effect all of them without spliting the dice. Permanent Immolate for example. You also don't pay juice for permanent effects, be they aberrations or INV or other powers.

This implies two other solutions:

1) Relable this thing "Uncontrolled". That gives you +8 dice to nail people with the various effects, but (as we decided earlier) the effects take place after contact.

2) Relable it "Permanent" and use the normal Permanent rules. The power can't be pushed, doesn't cost quantum, and can effect multiple targets equally.

Sorry, bad week for me. Comp problems, other stuff, blah blah blah...

The thing with Envy's Q-Hijack is that I was under the assumption that he couldn't perform any other actions that round (hence the reason he took the "No Multiple Actions" weakness for all the powers that constitute it). The whole Permanent label in this case means that his power cannot be turned off. The example is Rogue from the X-Men, since her situation is pretty much identical. She can't turn her power off, her touch will always absorb powers (unless X-Men canon has been mucked with since I last read, but you get my point...). But using it still takes energy on her part, whether she intended to use it or not.

Whether it's called Uncontrolled or Permanent isn't so much a concern to me really, cause the effect is what matters.

So you guys know, I'll be in Orlando tomorrow and the next day, so I probably be able to update those two days. Friday night for sure. Saturday night matters if I end up going to MegaCon, and how late I stay before coming home (its at least an hour drive).

Heh. small world BT, I'm going to Megacon as well. I'm here with several friends, flew yesterday.

Cool, maybe we can hook up!

On another note, Skylion you're a dick. Get me all excited to kill someone and then have to go and change your mind, use your cool powers, then intervene with everyone elses actions. Show stealer!!

Its better for the story this way. Kill someone and theyre gone. Now we can interact with him, interrogate him, bargain with him. More opportunities for roleplaying and complication. Killing him makes us the first after Divis to draw blood and that doesn't seem to fit with the ideals of brotherhood that most Terats ascribed to. Just cuz Divis is a cold blodded murderer doesnt mean we have to be.

It isn't Divis that worries me.

However, perhaps we should be dealing with what worries us rather than his right hand man.

Oh we'll get to Delormier...but as a third stager with many minions its going to take way more thought and planning than just barging right in...

In the meantime...think of all the useful information hiding in Turncoat....y'all should be glad we took him prisoner...

So BT seems to want us to converge on the Blackburn, but the Chamber's Place is probably a little bit safer (or at least, it's definitely more out of the way). So how are we going to handle that? We do have a warper and a teleporter in our crew, so travel to and from shouldn't be a huge problem regardless of what we decide.

Im wary of bringing Turncoat to the Blackburn, even though thet have a holding cell in the basement....then again, Sunapse is on our side so it may be safe. I think Envy needs to talk to Geryon about the Fong situation before he would trust NV at this point...see where he and his faction stand...

then again, Synapse is on our side so it may be safe.

How sure are we about that?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. He is one of the ones who handed Saxon over to Delorimier after all. Sketchy. But then again, Synapse is all through the systems at the Chamber's Place as well. So we're going to have to deal with him whether we like it or not.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. He is one of the ones who handed Saxon over to Delorimier after all. Sketchy. But then again, Synapse is all through the systems at the Chamber's Place as well. So we're going to have to deal with him whether we like it or not.
I think he has identities that hang with all the factions. I also think he's mostly going to go with the winner... but having said that,

He and Narcosis don't seem to get along well. He and the Count seem to get along very well. And although he probably has one ID that is a member of the cult of Mal, he also has several others who aren't... meaning he isn't really a believer. Synapase does well and is most powerful with factions that use lots of high tech toys... which is basically the Count. Many of the factions, specifically the Cult, are more of a "use only your powers, believe only in your powers" type of movement.

If I were Synapse, I'd be a member of the Pros (i.e. Us) simply because it's baselines who build, maintain, and fuel the Op-net.

then again, Synapse is on our side so it may be safe.

How sure are we about that?

Well in light of what BT has said IC and OOC, I really don't want to jinx it by assuming anything. However, I can say that Synapse is Casablanca (in as much as anyone is...), the head of which, Orzaiz is Envy's mentor (As in, the background and the one that introduced him to Chrysalis and the Marvel Archetype.). I think the 'Blancas and the Pros need each other, and are the most similar in outlook. It means that even while we aren't the most numerous or powerful faction, we have access to information. Very good.

That being said, who knows what BT will pull?

Couple things...

I am still waiting to hear all the rest of the results of the Q-Jacking, not just the Imprint part...I am concerned now that Turncoat has transformed that he may still have telepathy...

Also, regarding Telepathy I looked it up and you are correct that it says specific mind, but it does allow for general scanning at a difficulty penalty up to the STs discretion. Will you allow this?

Lastly, and I apologize for this, but I think I am changing my mind again....Going to the Blackburn means a chance to talk with Geryon...As he is NV, he may be sympathetic to our capture of TC seeing as we have evidence that he was involved with Delormier in the capture of Fong and the Saxon coverup. Also Id like Envy to extend an olive branch to Narcosis, since the Pandaimonion is also an heavil baseline integrationist faction...

Oh yeah, and the Blackburn has Mox and that holding cell...

Its also crucial that I know how my Q-Jacking went off....not only do I need to feel satisfied in knowing how all of it worked but if TC has telepathy we wouldnt want him bringing a battle to our door.

Okay. I will post a bit later,. In the meantime if BT wants to have Blinker show up. I ned to talk with Orzaiz via elpathy in the meantime. But yeah, Blackburns NV holding cell shuold be nicely...and give me the chanse to talk with the other PCs and NPCs I mentioned...

It's the evening in NYC, not yet dark.

But I assume you mean for quantum recovery, in which case we can assume that an hour has passed since your characters ended their missions/arrived at the Blackburn.

So should I assume that we'd add the "at ease" recovery rate, or can we go ahead and add the "completely relaxed" rate?

Yeah, considering that James went to call Alex again and in turn Kyle went into the same room Alex was in, if asked Kyle would have had little problem with opening a gate to help both James as well as Jack and Flare over to the Blackburn. He never minds getting in a little practice with his Warp ability anyway. Not to mention he wasnt all that drained and considering he has a full 6th instar node, he regenerates power quickly.

Yeah, considering that James went to call Alex again and in turn Kyle went into the same room Alex was in, if asked Kyle would have had little problem with opening a gate to help both James as well as Jack and Flare over to the Blackburn. He never minds getting in a little practice with his Warp ability anyway. Not to mention he wasnt all that drained and considering he has a full 6th instar node, he regenerates power quickly.

I think you mean "Bob"... ::wink

Archived