Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Know what's funny about Envy and King Cobra's respective reactions to Divis?

K.C. is secretly an English teacher - and Envy is secretly an ex-soldier. ::laugh

Some clarifications. Envy was in the military briefly, but he scored so high that he made it quickly to Intel and then the Directive. I would consider him ex-inteeligence way more than ex-soldier.

Also, regarding your post...you are calling Divis the asshole right? I wasn't sure if you meant he was pissed at what Envy said...The line about the primitive primates wasn't refering to baselines but litterally apes and such. Basically that Novas are the culmination of humanity thus far which has in turn sought to elevate and evolve beyond actual monkeys.

To be fair, if Mal didn't kill her, Roach would have eaten her.

He would try...

...and then Caroline would've toasted his insect ass with a Second-Stage-Q6+ Mastery level Quantum Bolt...

Roach= ::nuclear

(Sorry Shade, but its true... ::indifferent )

Either Blood for the One Race has just entered a Calm Before the Storm, or that was one hell of an anticlimactic ending....

Bahamut, I hope you don't feel ingnored by James, but after a fight like that James doesn't want to engage in any conversation that isn't directly related to Teragen business, and he doesn't really care what happens to Firefly, so there's currently no IC reason for him to do anything other than go recharge somewhere quiet (since he doesn't know about the Divis/Fong thing).

Zia: "My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"

::laugh

Unfortunately we are going to be the first ones to strike, which makes us the initial agressors but with Marcel its not like he will need an excuse anyway once things start rolling. We wante to play nice but Noooooo, Big Bad Divis just couldn't keep his flaming pants on...

Telepathy.

Wow, so he could use a *concentration* power to 1.) find Envy 2.) talk to him mind to mind and 3.) read or alter his memories....

...none of which cause a wick of damage, let alone will kill him. The chances of him concentrating long enough to alter any memory that would matter (even getting past Envy's high Willpower) before Roach or Cobra could act are, hmmm...slim to none...

No. His best move now would require that he be ready and able to attack before Envy and Roach, and that he be a strong enough telepath to completely overwhelm, not Envy's mental defenses, but Roach's. If Roach's memory was altered in such a way that he "remembered" an extra five minutes of combat in which Turncoat shapeshifted into Envy, and vice versa. Roach would then attack Envy, and quite possibly kill him with a Quantum Bolt before realizing the deception, even if Envy or Cobra stepped in at that point to kill Turncoat himself.

Problem is he wouldn't have enough time. In the round of concentration it would take hm (and mind you he is already getting leeched twice in this round) Envy puts him down and the effect on Roach ends with him....

...though I do like the way you think! ::cool

Problem is he wouldn't have enough time. In the round of concentration it would take hm (and mind you he is already getting leeched twice in this round) Envy puts him down and the effect on Roach ends with him....
Twice? How is that possible? The q-cost for your attack must be insane... oh. You're getting him once from surprise and once more if you win init?

You know Quickness won't let you use your Q-Hijack twice in a round, right?

::blink Uh...well Im not quite sure. That *is* the reason I purchased quickness. ::huh ...However, checking back I do see now that it says only physical actions and not *most* powers such as quantum bolt. I had honestly forgotten that part. On the other hand, you may consider allowing this since his power is permanent. ie. he is "touching" or grappling him or whatever twice and that the power stays "on." Or you could rule that the two physical actions happen but that it takes the whole round for the transfer. (makes sense also.)

Potential problems:

What happens if two people touch him at the exact same time? Which does it effect? What if the next round they are still touching and a friend gets haymakered into him? The question being how do these scenarios interact with the permanency?

Twice? How is that possible? The q-cost for your attack must be insane... oh. You're getting him once from surprise and once more if you win init?

Sorry, just saw this one. Er, yes, that might work, possibly...? And the reason this might work is 'cause that if the power is succesful (ie, they don't save) the power actually drains enough juice to give Envy a net gain...Envy has absoulutely * no problems with channeling Q points in a round...Node 5 is handy after all... ( "Watch out! ...I heard those things will kill ya! ::ultracool )

Archived