Adventure!: In Search of Inspiration - Welcome to the Aeon Society

BlueNinja

They're not at the warehouse ... but then again, they're only two blocks away. You probably drove right past them without realizing it. ::happy

You'd actually get to the warehouse about a minute before the cops get penned in.

great, so the four of us are at the warehouse we we told to go to and its too late....sigh. We are going to need radios...

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great, so the four of us are at the warehouse we we told to go to and its too late....sigh. We are going to need radios...

Except there's a goon and cargo at the warehouse and the "bossman" is coming...

But your character won't know that until he'll step in and get shot at.. ::wink

Before posting can I have a bit of clarification on who's where at the cop show? I'm getting a bit confused with all the names. Did Tommy jump out of Lupin's car or one of the cars that's blocking them?

P.S. Motion filed and interview went very well, kept me for three hours. Not sure I liked the firm though, might keep looking. ::confused

Except there's a goon and cargo at the warehouse and the "bossman" is coming...

But your character won't know that until he'll step in and get shot at.. ::wink

Before posting can I have a bit of clarification on who's where at the cop show? I'm getting a bit confused with all the names. Did Tommy jump out of Lupin's car or one of the cars that's blocking them?

Tony is one of the captured guys.

Tommy is the guy who was talking to Lupin inside, and was riding in his car. Tommy also uses a Tommy gun, because of course, just nothing else will do.

Better kick the monkeywielding proffesor out, my computer problems are way to serious for me to even have a chance of posting once a day (down to once a week as it is).
I'm sorry to hear that, but I'll keep your character sheet around in case you can get everything fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
Knives drawn, Joshua watches Li's routine warily. He seems to have no concern for the prospect of death by shooting, but is this a nerve of steel, or merely cultural naivety? ::scared

nerves of steel baby!!!!

but dont worry...force fields are fun! ::cool

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, my intrepid trio, here are what the files Maxwell handed you contain (in brief):

folder 1 - Three different newspaper reports of deaths in St Louis, where the victims died of blood loss. A coroner's report from one of the deaths, saying that the neck had been savaged by what appeared to be human teeth marks. A police report from the crime scene, listing the blood splashed about the crime scene as insufficient amount to match the body.

folder 2 - Two different newspaper reports of cattle herds in Montana being raided by wolves. A police report of a hunting accident, where the shooter claims he shot a wolf fleeing through the woods, and instead discovered the naked Robert Wilson, shot by his hunting rifle.

folder 3 - Seven different medical reports from a hosiptal in Sacramento, CA, where the people all sword they had been visited by angels, demons, or "Moon People" who kidnapped them in their sleep and performed surgery on them. A police missing person report on the minister of a Methodist church in Fresno, CA, with witness interviews from neighbors of the church (all non-Methodist) saying that the minister had been conducting Satanic rituals every night at midnight the week before he disappeared.

folder 4 - Investigative reports from the IRS about funding sources for the Chicago Mafia. Links between the Mafia and Chinese Triads in Los Angeles, as well as written surveilance reports of cooperation in people smuggling and bootlegging. Police report of deaths in Los Angeles between two known Chicago gangsters, one Chinese Triad member, and four Las Vegas gangsters.

folder 5 - Correspondance between Whitley and three different people in San Francisco, talking of a new Hindu temple being constructed. Photographs of the building, with Whitley's conjecture that the temple is a cover for a Thuggee cult.

What you need to do is decide (via PM or IC discussion) which of these leads you would like to pursue, and how much time you want to spend before you start. Once you are all in agreement, someone (probably Lupin, since he has the highest Aeon backing) should tell Maxwell, Whitley, Primoris, or some other bigwig which lead they are pursuing (so that you don't end up getting in the way of another Aeon group).

So time for a little OOC discussion about what we're about. I don't really care since they all sound interesting though strategically the last three are all in California. The UD is probably involved in the Triads and both Joshua and Li-Shen have unfinished (and unlikely to ever be finished...nemisis ::sly ) business with the shadowy figure. Li also has a Hindu background which could help in investigating the thugee. Also would be cool since I live near SF and we get to bring Whitley along as an NPC (wouldn't we??...he can be like Watson, chronicling our endeavors...besides, Styles is just plain cool. ::happy )

Not that I am not totally into vampires and werewolves... ::devil

Quick question BN...the part about other Aeon Teams...Will we miss out on any of the ones we dont pick or will they still be there waiting for us? If other teams are going to tackle the other missions off-camera it will be harder to choose, or perhaps easier if the others have definite preferences...

So what do y'all think?

Also would be cool since I live near SF and we get to bring Whitley along as an NPC (wouldn't we??...he can be like Watson, chronicling our endeavors...besides, Styles is just plain cool. ::happy )

Yeah great, let's bring along probably the only NPC character who can beat my PC knife-fighter in a knife fight. ::rolleyes ::wink

More seriously, my character would definitely prefer the fourth folder, which would let him sniff around the edges of the Ubiquitous Dragon's operation. I personally would prefer either the third, fourth or first, because.. well, they just look really cool. ::cool

I wonder what Lupin thinks, since his character is the only one who doesn't have as much of a vested interest in fighting the Black Dragons.

The Triad stuff is in Chicago, LA, and Las Vegas. Or at least, there are leads from all of those places.

Whitley might go along with you to San Francisco, I haven't decided yet. But if so, he'll likely be following other leads and sharing information with you, rather than following your lead or giving you orders.

If a mission has some important details to the overall plot, then it'll always be available to the rest of you. Otherwise, I'll probably cut out one mission for about every two you guys do that have been accomplished by other Aeon teams. There will be missions outside of the US; I haven't decided on them yet, but they will happen. Part of the problem is that I have a lot of vague ideas I haven't crunched down yet.

And who wants to bet Lupin knows some of the werewolves? ::tongue

Hey my intrepid friends. Ive been enjoying the game immensly so far. Lets keep it rolling! In the meantime I just found out about this new movie coming out, called The Illusionist that has a feel very close to what I was going for when I dreamt up Li-Shen. Check out these clips. The trailer emphasizes more of the love story but if you dont mind that it shows a dark and brooding perfomer who seems to have a little of the supernatural up his sleeve...Can't wait to see it!

Hey everyone,

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the game. Unfortunately, I find myself checking in now and again but never having really gotten into Lupin. As I'll be dead busy in the coming weeks and the game is at an in-between, I think this is the perfect time for me to bow down. I hope many more adventures await our heroes, enjoy the game! :fencing: ::getsome ::smile

Hey everyone,

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the game. Unfortunately, I find myself checking in now and again but never having really gotten into Lupin.

could've fooled me! I thought you were going along famously! ::thumbup1

As I'll be dead busy in the coming weeks and the game is at an in-between, I think this is the perfect time for me to bow down. I hope many more adventures await our heroes, enjoy the game!

Er...crap. ::brick I guess its time to check in with BN...Can we still go with two players? Keep in mind we have Asura and also NPCs like Whitley and Ms. Gettel could come along for extra force and banter etc. Im sure MadCat and Zeke will want to come back eventually (esp. when they see how much fun we are having!) . Or we could troll for new players...point is I hope we don't have to throw in the towel right when things are heating up...What say you Azure Assassin?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, sorry for getting here 12 pages late, but BlueNinja invited me to join the game. Well, I have a solid idea for a character, but I wanted to know if everyone has already started yet or not. Should I consider this character for a new chronicle or is everyone else established and I am gonna be "the new kid"? I cringe at going over 12 pages and trying to catch up, from the looks of the last few posts it seems you need a player.

Anyways, my character is a take on Evan Parke's character "Hayes" (http://www.warp9cards.com/Warp9-inserts/kingkongAuto-Parke.jpg) from Peter Jackson's King Kong (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360717/). I'd like to play such a character as nothing more than hired muscle (a seasoned guide with a gun) who has no idea that his Dynamic Inspiration has saved his neck more than once. The character is a Minority (flaw) and was "awakened" during some heated social challenge brought about by racism. However, I refuse to play unless I have a tommy gun at all times -- even if it has no ammunition, I just wanna hold it! ::laugh ::laugh ::laugh

Now me needs to decide how to spend me points ::indifferent

I cringe at going over 12 pages and trying to catch up, from the looks of the last few posts it seems you need a player.
The IC-thread has been going for 10 pages. Which covers ... one evening. ::biggrin The other two current players, SkyLion and Phoenix, have their characters deciding which leads to investigate next. So you're not very far behind them at all.

Or how about just Trin? ...anyways you might want to consider how people will react to a Thompson Machine gun....my character travels in polite circles (well his cover anyway) and walking down the street with such a weapon is most definitly illegal...how about keeping it in an instrumeny case until it is needed?

The IC-thread has been going for 10 pages. Which covers ... one evening. ::biggrin The other two current players, SkyLion and Phoenix, have their characters deciding which leads to investigate next. So you're not very far behind them at all.

Awesome, lemme get to work on that character sheet.

Hey trinityinfinity, no you're welcome to join as far as I'm concerned. I will need to come up with something more convenient to call you, however.

trntynfnty, perhaps.

::biggrin

LOL! Removal of the vowels will work, but then you have to actively concentrate on removing them as you type. ::biggrin

Or how about just Trin? ...anyways you might want to consider how people will react to a Thompson Machine gun....my character travels in polite circles (well his cover anyway) and walking down the street with such a weapon is most definitly illegal...how about keeping it in an instrumeny case until it is needed?

Trin works, also I never intended to carry the weapon out in public, but thanks for the instrument case idea, I will include it. I just hope no one asks me to play a tune for them :)

Trin works, also I never intended to carry the weapon out in public, but thanks for the instrument case idea, I will include it. I just hope no one asks me to play a tune for them :)

::happy Yeah...you seen Desperado? "We just want to know what's in the guitar case man..."

I was thinking something along the lines a violin case like a mafioso. Then Antonia Banderascan join me as we riddle the place with bullets :)

Well I didn't mean to copy him...its just the scene you reminded me of when you said "I hope they dont ask me to play a tune." Unless of course its rapid-fire percussion they are interested in... ::biggrin

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

I was hoping to discuss some budding character ideas with you all and see what you think would work best.

First idea was that of an undercover government agent who delves into the occult "cathulu-esque" scene. After experiencing bizzare and unexplainable things, his perception changes and the world takes on new meaning. I'm thinking Daredevil, with high perception / investigation skills. Very intelligent, with a touch of mean bastard. Think a tough/serious version of the fbi agent from frightners. heh.

The other was that of a retired prizefight / boxer who leaves the sport after killing a man in the ring. Guilt ridden, he follows the downward spiral ( booze, crime, etc...) until he hits rock bottom and decides to get back to living. Wants to get back to a better place while improving others lives as well. Sort of Cindarella man meats Jack Murdock ( Daredevil )

Both sound like they have good potential. Just remember that whomever will have to mesh with the adventure seeking altruism of the Aeon Society. You can go dark (I have). Just be heroic about it. ::ultracool

Of course. I'm rolling with the occult agent. He'll be a team player of course but have that neccesary flair of whoop ass!

The night of the Gala:

"He'd forget his head if it weren't attatched" an elderly man mumbles to himself as he hurries down a small staircase into a midsized basement.

Sitting, oblibivious to the sounds of approaching steps down the stairs, Dr. Jackson Bryce sits penning several notes on his most recent acedemic discovery.

"Jacky, you're going to be late if you don't..." The old man stops noticing that Jackson hadn't completed getting dressed for tonights party. There he sits in his light brown casual suit, the straps of his bowtie lying loosly down his lapel

"...get up and leave this for later" The old man finnishes

"How do you spell conscience?" Jackson replies, his pen haulting at the word.

"You're one of the smartest men in the civilized world and you don't know how to spell..."

"Ha, conscience! I always marvel at that word, Con-SCIENCE...strange pairing" Bryce says with a jovial chuckle.

"Jacky, you know that you're going to be late. The party starts in less than a half hour and you've got more than that to travel. Now get up and get yourself presentable!" The old man steps closer and extends his hand, clutching an invitation letter.

"Finnished...Sixty-Four Books!" Dr. Bryce stands quickly and mindlessly fuddles with his bowtie as he glances marvelously at his finnished work.

"Gimme' that" The older man steps forward and snatches the bowtie from his grasp and begins to tie it for him.

"Thanks old boy, I could never figure out these silly things, I was born in the wrong generation. Perhaps a time of Pharoh's or the Ming dynasty...Yes, that would be most exciting!"

"There...now shut up, and get upstairs. You're auto is waiting for you, drive fast and safe, and blame your tardiness on something other than this!" The old man says as he lifts the newly penned pages from the cluttered rolldown desktop.

"I will drive as the eagle fly's my friend. Thanks for the tie, and make sure to read pages 94 and 189. You're in them..." He finnished with that and a quick raise of the eyebrows then he quickly bounds up the stairs and to his transportation, having left his invitation downstairs.

Archived