Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - SuperGeek Enterprises: Exploration

BlueNinja

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max is a media hound, and a big name, and possibly a priest of some sort as well. He strikes me as one of those people who is famous for being famous as well. Any or all of those would indicate that he might tag along.

And with nova mega-socials backing him up it's likely no one would think of a good reason for him not to be. Paul would actually be in favor of him coming along.

Max is a media hound, and a big name, and possibly a priest of some sort as well. He strikes me as one of those people who is famous for being famous as well. Any or all of those would indicate that he might tag along.

And with nova mega-socials backing him up it's likely no one would think of a good reason for him not to be. Paul would actually be in favor of him coming along.

Okay. I only mentioned it because Alex ssemes to want to keep him a secret and didnt want to blow his cover.

That was very silly phoenix! ::tongue Now do something not silly, like stop lurking and come game with us again!! Im sure Cottus would enjoy a lil assistance (Not that you need it Cottus, you are rocking the narrative...!) with post writing responsibilities in American Revenants.... ::beer30

or not... ::shrug

There are other reasons for Max to come along, starting we he is already a celebrity, he has spent over an hour talking with all the novas both local and foreign, and he's on a first-name basis with the head of one of the five Christian factions. Due to his subtle powers, he doesn't have to be outed, though he likely will eventually.

Well, I would have gone through first, but my HP operates at optimal capacity when I have multiple meat shields between me and the enemy.
Reminds me of a comment from (IIRC) one of the Drizzt books: "The best armor a wizard can have is a suit of heavily enchanted plate mail, being worn by the person standing between him and whoever means to kill him."
Paul sends back,

::idea Wait a moment. We already know how. The viewer was found by Michal, so he must know exactly where it was found. If we went to a close world, say, nuclear world for example, and went to that exact spot, it'd have a scanner, wouldn't it?*

Damn. Guess I'll have to scrap that episode idea. ::glare ::tongue

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the lack of posts folks. I've been trying to get one in since yesterday afternoon, but I've been in the middle of a very hectic series of shifts at work that have only left me with an hour or so of free time between them. I should be able to get a post in tonight or tomorrow.

The point of the story is that they're (most of them) looking at us with suspicion or outright mistrust, while all we're doing is giving them extremely helpful warnings and advice. At the same time, our appearance in their 'Verse has ignited a wave of eruptions across the planet that will, in all likelihood, be the deciding factor in the conflict between them and the aliens (assuming they have any coming).

Whether they knew it or not, they were more or less doomed (and possibly still are), and we've just given them some metaphorical "rice gruel" to help avert that. Right now, the situation is one where Paul mentions nuclear weapons and half the Quorum starts freaking out cuz it's "hellfire", and completely ignores the part where it was the only thing that stopped the alien ships. Zhenglai's saying, "don't go choking on your vaunted morals and kill your world in the process; we're just trying to help".

But if the room wants to stare at him in confusion it won't really bother him in the least. He's fully aware that they might completely miss his point, and he really doesn't mind.

You also just compared us to a thief... ::laugh
Ouch.

Paul isn't going to bother trying to change their minds about nukes. He expects that novas will be running th show pretty soon given the numbers involved. The key thing is to get them to accept that there is a problem and novas are a big part of the solution. After that the dam will break.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I think has happened. Alex green was away for a week-ish. Cottus has been swamped with work and Zhenglai mostly hangs out in the background. I think Ex has been MIA too since we havent heard anything about Backlash for awhile. Esteban is still exploring cat-form (and what a grand life it is to be a cat... ::happy ). Im still looking forward to his moment of revelation to his pal Kristen but am saving that for the end of the episode or whenever we part ways with them (the locals). Maybe some of them might want to come back to our world?

IMHO the next IC posts belong to Jonathan as team leader and Mask as transport, considering Cottus has been havong troubles. Also if Shade's baby doesn't come on its own today, I understand they might be inducing labor tomorrow so he might be a bit preoccupied...

So yeah, gets that means you're up to bat for a post AnonCastillo... ::laugh

Archived