Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - SuperGeek Enterprises: Exploration

BlueNinja

Is the plan still to run through the gate, grab some weapons and come back and fight?
Well, to be fair, none of you know if Michal has weapons capable of taking out opposing starships ... though if he does, they're likely on the Aethon or being incorporated into the other intrasystem ship being constructed.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er, as far as I know, Zhenglai was wanting to stay and fight. None of us asked to have the gate home opened - we're out in the middle of nowhere, we have time to discuss what we should do before opening the gate. If the team decides to try to take down one of the ships, opening the portal now would be silly. Although in Jonathan's opinion, we should check in on home earth and make sure our world isn't under attack as well.

I asked him to cameo to put out some information on the crystals in the geode you guys picked up from Sunlight. Feel free to ask questions now.

Actually, It was I who first asked Phoenix if he would cameo, via AIM... :) What can I say? I missed our Eli!

Little Bo Peep would have been funnier, but hey, as long as it didn't involve furries I won't argue.
Furries? In the nova-verse? ::laugh They already have one in the Worldwide Phase books, I think it's in Phase 2. A British (elite, I think) nova named Dog, and his partner Finn. Dog's got Taint 6, so that he basically looks like a humanoid schnauzer. ::happy

I mean, it's better than turning into a tentacled, cthulhu-esque monster. Or Godzilla *cough*Leviathan*cough*

Oh, right, I actually meant to comment on the game. ::happy

Can I skip actually role-playing through the visit to Greek World and the week or so of downtime? That would put the next episode starting on the 1 or 2 of December (mon or tues), 2020.

Can I skip actually role-playing through the visit to Greek World and the week or so of downtime? That would put the next episode starting on the 1 or 2 of December (mon or tues), 2020.
Fine by me (I just read this). BTW, Paul is going to ask Patricia if she'll take a link... then after she's a little more settled he'll do his thing at that hospital (dormed again).

Fine by me (I just read this). BTW, Paul is going to ask Patricia if she'll take a link... then after she's a little more settled he'll do his thing at that hospital (dormed again).
Correction: I must have missed something, why are we headed for New York?

RE: New York

Paul isn't going to go, or change his plans. This is my chance to burn off more of that temp taint that I picked up on the last strong Q world, and since we're crazy enough to try it again, I need to.

I take it Pat said 'No'?

Pat? Is the ugly little dwarf still around?!? ::tongue

btw - did we ever get an agreement with the Greek World Leaders to accept refugees from other worlds? Who supplies the supplies?

Won't we have to bring survivors to our world first then wait until the gate's recharged before sending them on to Greek World? Is there a bathroom down there? (probably very important for Pat right now) Appropriate security to make sure they don't get out of the room and into the rest of SGE? Pallets to hold supplies for refugees (or SGE if we suddenly need to leave)?

Wouldn't you as a member of a technically advanced society prefer staying in a technically advanced society rather than one that's seemingly more primative and doesn't have the same sort of sophistication you're used to? Do we have arguments for survivors who refuse to go on to Greek World or wherever?

btw - did we ever get an agreement with the Greek World Leaders to accept refugees from other worlds? Who supplies the supplies?
Not as such ... Michal is basically hoping that he can talk Axis and the others into accepting "vassal" novas and trained people. After all, the "refugees" will be able to return far more, in the ways of training and new technologies, than they would cost for housing and food.
Won't we have to bring survivors to our world first then wait until the gate's recharged before sending them on to Greek World? Is there a bathroom down there? (probably very important for Pat right now) Appropriate security to make sure they don't get out of the room and into the rest of SGE? Pallets to hold supplies for refugees (or SGE if we suddenly need to leave)?
Yes to all of those. There are two locker rooms (one for each sex) which includes bathrooms, showers, etc, and two bunkrooms. Michal originally designed the area behind the large, Athena-controlled 'airlock' doors as an emergency bomb/nova shelter. There are also several storerooms with emergency supplies. There would be enough for the entire PC team, and everyone else who knows about the gate, to survive for a month with no rationing/dorming.
Wouldn't you as a member of a technically advanced society prefer staying in a technically advanced society rather than one that's seemingly more primative and doesn't have the same sort of sophistication you're used to? Do we have arguments for survivors who refuse to go on to Greek World or wherever?
Michal has decent Mega-Manipulation, and Rieller has a truly intimidating Intimidation dice pool. While they would probably like to stay, they will almost certainly be safer and in a better position socially on Greek world than staying on Home Earth. Personally, if given the choice between being rich and powerful in a world with 1800's technology, and being in something akin to the Witness Protection Program on earth, I'd probably go for the "rich and powerful" option.

Do you guys need anything else, or should I jump straight to going through the gate?

Personally, if given the choice between being rich and powerful in a world with 1800's technology, and being in something akin to the Witness Protection Program on earth, I'd probably go for the "rich and powerful" option.

Not I.

should I jump straight to going through the gate?

I think so.

Michal is basically hoping that he can talk Axis and the others into accepting "vassal" novas and trained people. After all, the "refugees" will be...

Are we expecting refugees from Pat's world? Depending on how many and where they'll go, maybe nuclear world would be better?

Nuclear world would probably be happier to take tech-savvy refugees, especially novas who could potentially be a huge boon to their world. Also, I'm not sure how Greek world would react if the majority of the refugees we're able to relocate are novas, and we suddenly drop a whole mess of god children into a world that's accustomed to having only a few hundred around the world. Of course, we don't yet have diplomatic relations with nuclear world, so we might want to talk to them first. Also, depending on their philosophies/political views, some of them might feel more inclined to head to commie world and shake things up a bit. :) Or head to crazy quantum world and help rebuild.

If at least some of the novas who were crazy have regained their sanity,
Oh, there are some novas who went from Taint 10 to Taint 8/9. That is hardly a marked improvement. And to further expand the downside, just picture how swiftly a Teragen member could hit Chrysalis by careful power use. Michal is hoping that you guys never have to return to Overclocked.

As an aside, Theo would know (since she was there, and took a copy of the Psylon knowledge) that the device causing it was malfunctioning. It was designed to boost the Psylon mental abilities to control human troops, allowing a trio of Psylons to coordinate about a thousand troops instead of about three hundred.

So I went back and reread the mission briefing at the start of this episode and I found no mention of our primary objectives...another simple "check for the split" mission? Or do we have more goodies to look for???
I apologize, I sort of put it between the episodes right after you got back. Basically, find the split point, and see if you can figure out why the quantum field is diffferent.

I apologize, I sort of put it between the episodes right after you got back. Basically, find the split point, and see if you can figure out why the quantum field is diffferent.

Ah yes...

Hmmm..okay. I guess he will always want to know the split point...its letting him fine tune the device. Im sure you have plenty of corrolary objectives as well...

Using his powers over the Quantum forces in the area, he summons a small camera ( with tape ) to record the events and take video of the world before him.
Just to point out, your summoned camera isn't going to last long enough for you to go back through the gate. So I'm sort of confused why you're recording it on a tape that's going to vanish before you can get back to SGE HQ.

Archived