Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - SuperGeek Enterprises: Exploration

BlueNinja

Sometimes a little honesty is the best policy. Zhengali would have seen that some of them still werent buying it. Esteban stepped in to say "look. we dont have time to go into details, but we at least know a little of what were talking about...here is a few more pertinent tidbits to help get your asses in gear..."

paraphrased of course... ::tongue

Mmmm. Well, what Zhenglai was worried about (and what I thought everyone else was worried about too) was this world's government finding out where we came from and about the pedestal. Telling them about the visions, and the visions only, could be verified through telescopes (as it already has been), and any telepaths or novas with the Lie Detector enhancement would be able to verify that Zhenglai was telling the truth about knowing what he knew from his visions (cuz that was the truth). If those same novas attempt to question or scan you guys, there's no way to get around that except by telling the truth or lying and hoping for the best...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, okay! You don't have to shout! Sorry I said anything....

Oh, and by the way, that's my emoticon you're using there. Zhenglai totally has dibs on Destiny (Pretercognition)!

Zhenglai's emoticons:

:warp: (warp)

:destiny: (pretercognition)

::samurai (okay, he's not a samurai, but he is a master of the sword and martial arts in general, so that counts!!)

and last, but not least:

:tombstone: (I mean seriously, he's been knocking on heaven's door for at least 2 decades now, it's only a matter of time really...)

Back off Zhenglai's emoticons!!!

(or he'll show you what that sword of his is really good for!!!!!)

Just ask Zhenglai, he can tell you. ::biggrin ::tongue
And if he hangs around in Michal's company enough, at some point Weird Al's "That's Your Horoscope For Today" will roll through the anima banner playlist, and we will see just how corrupted the old Chinaman can become. ::devil

For the most part, those of you in Philadelphia have distributed your information. Are you planning to remain there in the capitol, or find somewhere somewhat remote that still has TV so watch the invasion, or are you going to bug out and abandon the world before the scout ships arrive.

For the most part, those of you in Philadelphia have distributed your information. Are you planning to remain there in the capitol, or find somewhere somewhat remote that still has TV so watch the invasion, or are you going to bug out and abandon the world before the scout ships arrive.
Ash thinks they attack here for 6 hours. This location probably has the best communications for this. A TV is only going to show what the public gets.

I say we watch for 5 hours... or until someone things it's going to come down sooner. Then we leave the planet. During that 5 hours hopefully we'll see nova vs. alien combat *somewhere* on the planet or in space. While the capitol is a high priority target, I doubt they know it is the capitol, to them it's probably just a big city (which is still bad, but means we probably won't be first).

Simon is supposed to be in the desert, watching the battle via the mapper with Theo ad Brandt. Unless Paul rotated the link to mention the African lady, he wouldn't know about her.

OOO! Busted!

Thats what happens when you spend a week at one of those wacky comicons... ::tongue

I'd just like to state here that I for one would like us to not run away and bail. If we have to leave Philly then fine, let's do that, but if this planet is in need of some "volunteers" to help out I say we should. Particularly as far as boarding those ships.

We have 2 warpers so we could take 2 ships at a time, Esteban could maybe get in some combat fun, both Brandt and Ash should be more than capable of taking care of themselves, Theo and Simon are both smart enough to learn tons of stuff about the Mechlar if they were to examine their tech up close. As for Zhenglai and Paul, well Zhenglai is one of the warpers, and Paul could attune (I'd think) one of those nukes they were using and drop it off with impunity inside the ship. Plus I would think his weather control lightning ability would wreak merry havok on such a tech-heavy species.

Our team was practically made for this kind of thing! And there's only 3 ships left, so if we took 2 at once, then the third immediately after they'd barely know what hit 'em.

I see no reason why we should be far more effective than the dozens of novas who have already died. Nor do we have nukes handy, nor do we even have warp locations for most of the ships. The locals still have hundreds of novas, and they have a lot more to lose. If they can't do it, then Paul didn't come here to play cannon fodder.

I see no reason why we should be far more effective than the dozens of novas who have already died. Nor do we have nukes handy, nor do we even have warp locations for most of the ships. The locals still have hundreds of novas, and they have a lot more to lose. If they can't do it, then Paul didn't come here to play cannon fodder.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's a good way to stay alive, I'm saying it's something I'd like to do. And BTW, the "locals" are, by now, down to probably a few dozen novas capable of actively combating the ships while they're up in space, we could get locations for the ships real, *real* easy, and as for nukes I suppose they probably wouldn't give them to us directly, but they'd almost certainly accept a free ride to the ships while carrying some themselves.

Anyway I'm just saying it's something *I'd* like to do. As for Zhenglai, if he thought that the locals were still in a position to be able to defend themselves (i.e. had a fighting chance whether they knew it or not) then he'd be more interested in seeing the Trans-D team getting to safety, but if it looks ICly like this world is going down then he'd genuinely want to help if he thought that it was possible for them to do anything. (He does have the Saint concept after all)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's a good way to stay alive, I'm saying it's something I'd like to do.
Well put.
And BTW, the "locals" are, by now, down to probably a few dozen novas capable of actively combating the ships while they're up in space
If they have a few dozen, then that's lots more than we are. Worse, they started with hundreds.
...we could get locations for the ships real, *real* easy...
How? Keep in mind that we are talking about stellar, or at least planitary distances, with ships that are rapidly changing course, and moving at extremely high speeds. We'd be warping blind, which means a +3 difficulty and we'd need pin point accurancy.

In order to even make the attempt we'd need to have at least some idea of where we're going... The only detection methods we have are Z's precognition, and the mapping device. I don't know if the mapper can home in on somthing like this. Even if it can, I'm not sure if that's going to help the warp. I think the lady managed to warp on to one of their ships by going into space, seeing one, and then warping onto a visible target.

I feel no need to go charging out into the cannon fire just so I can buy this world the few extra seconds it'd take to kill me. But *if* it is possible to warp onto one of these things, then we *might* be able to go on board, waste a few of them, and bring a corspe back. Then *if* Ash says they have no way to track it back home, we could take it back.

Note that if we're on board and the captain wants to kill us, he can, simply by warping out of the solar system. Note also that this assumes we are their superiors in HTH combat, and we don't know for sure even that. Again Ash would be a good person to ask here.

But we *aren't* going to win here. If hundreds of novas just barely took out two ships, then less than a dozen of us aren't going to take out three.

Few things...

1.) Its only +1 difficulty to scan for a mind "generically." Zhenglai is a powerful Telepath and "Meklar" would count.

2.)Bringing back a corpse would be awesome....and net us a fat bonus Im sure.

3.)Y'all have never seen Esteban reeally go off yet, though Ive hinted. Their ship weapons are rightfully impressive and no doubt they are formidable in hand to hand, but I bet he could survive long enough to get one.

4.)Knock on Wood...Ask Ash for sure...

5.) We dont need to win, but we can make a dent. Esteban can max out his soak, draw fire and reak havoc. Brandt can sonic boom the crap out of their corridors. Zhenglai can locate and dominate the "captain" into firing on his own ships or ramming into them. This would also prevent them from warping away. I dont know if Paul or Jonathans weather control would work inside a ship but Im pretty sure Pauls disintegrate could take out something critical, preferably something involving their reactor....information that Zhenglai could also pull from their minds, as Telepathy crosses all language barriers...

6.) I wish Eli was here too...

7.) IIRC, the Meklar dont have the psionic prowess of the Psylons and they are unaware of Crosstime travel, so its doubtful (Knock on Wood...Ask Ash...) that they could track us...

8.) Cottus is right...we should try.

9.) And pray that BN loves us and our characters enough to give us a fighting chance...

7.) IIRC, the Meklar dont have the psionic prowess of the Psylons and they are unaware of Crosstime travel, so its doubtful (Knock on Wood...Ask Ash...) that they could track us...
Not what I'm worried about.

We grab one of them. He's got something like a GPS built into it's armor (or he's got something that let's him interface with his technology). We take him back....

And go figure, his location becon works over light years and signals our fleet of baddies that he's here.

So they send some scouts to see what's going on.

Not what I'm worried about.

We grab one of them. He's got something like a GPS built into it's armor (or he's got something that let's him interface with his technology). We take him back....

And go figure, his location becon works over light years and signals our fleet of baddies that he's here.

So they send some scouts to see what's going on.

Oh! ::blush Yeah that would suck...that whole Borg Collective thing...

1.) Its only +1 difficulty to scan for a mind "generically." Zhenglai is a powerful Telepath and "Meklar" would count.
He wouldn't even need to scan, as the mapping device could easily locate a ship in orbit. He would have to get into a Meklar mind to get a clear visual for another ship, however.
2.)Bringing back a corpse would be awesome....and net us a fat bonus Im sure.
TBH, it's not something I had planned for this mission. I expected you guys to bug out at the last minute.
5.) We dont need to win, but we can make a dent. Esteban can max out his soak, draw fire and reak havoc. Brandt can sonic boom the crap out of their corridors. Zhenglai can locate and dominate the "captain" into firing on his own ships or ramming into them. This would also prevent them from warping away. I dont know if Paul or Jonathans weather control would work inside a ship but Im pretty sure Pauls disintegrate could take out something critical, preferably something involving their reactor....information that Zhenglai could also pull from their minds, as Telepathy crosses all language barriers...
Based on the information the Psylons gave Zhenglai, yes, you probably could. But their information is thousands of years out of date ...
9.) And pray that BN loves us and our characters enough to give us a fighting chance...
I never stop anyone from making a decision. But I also don't hold back if it's a dumb one. ::devil

Also, to remind Brandt - setting up the portable gate will take him all of about half a second (Fast Tasks, bah ::tongue ) but Vegas is out of reach. You'll have to get back on the other side of the Sierra Nevadas.

Having the ETPH out and ready is a good idea though. ::smile

Ok, Im going to be totally honest with you guys.

Ash lies.

He does it when it suits him. Mind you its not often...but he has gotten vibes that he has lied about before to suit him.

If you ask Ash, he is going to tell you that we will tell you that he thinks we will all die if we try what Cottus is suggesting. The only way he would *not* say that is if he had a *really* good (read *orgasmic*) feeling about doing that.

Just giving you the (albiet outdated) heads up.

So what's the response from all the people who were in the conference room with us? They've been oddly silent.

As for attacking the Mechlar; if you guys don't want to then I'll deal. It's no biggie. But I still think we could take 'em down if we acted in a coordinated manner and were lightning quick about it. I think you guys are underestimating the damage potential of our team. We're highly mobile (*highly*), highly versatile, armed with more knowledge of them than they expect, and about half the team could definitely hold their own in a fight, especially in close combat aboard a cramped vessel.

But whatever, we could bug out I guess, that just means I'll have to play Zhenglai as dissapointed and saddened for a bit.

I think we should do it....

its a high risk high reward situation which means Paul is going to fight tooth and nail against it..as befits his nature...but also holds up back from enjoying what higher risks bring....playing it safe all the time is boring. Everything Cottus says is true though...if we want the best shot at suceeding we must be blitz the shit out of them and be gone before they know what happened...and we need to be coordinated...

So what's the response from all the people who were in the conference room with us? They've been oddly silent.

I'm waiting for a warp to the desert so we can have this conversation IC. OOC I think it would be cool to try to take down one of the ships ourselves, although Jonathan wouldn't be particularly useful (he and theo would probably stay behind), and ICly he'd have trouble sending the team into danger, even if he'd be tempted to try to save the people of this world.

I was just wondering whether or not all of those nice military and government people we were in the room with had anything they wanted to say to us as we walked through a warp portal. After the warper chick got pulled through the warp everyone in the room went strangely quiet, and I was waiting to hear from them what the situation was. That's why I never posted a response with Zhenglai opening a warp. I thought there'd be some kind of update or dialogue with the government types in the conference room.

Like I said, if they feel that they've still got a fighting chance after seeing that the technique of warping aboard with nukes is viable then Zhenglai won't have any problem leaving them to it and worrying about his teammates. But if it's a truly dire situation then he'll have a strong desire to stay and help, and he'll try and convince the others to do the same.

So yeah, if you could let us know where this planet stands, that'd be great.

Archived