Simply amazing...

archer

Great stuff ::biggrin ! And yes, they are french. This type of sport gets more and more popular in the "old world". Have heared about quite a few people who are doing this kind of stuff over here in germany, too. But, as far as I know, it all started in France. They even made a movie about these guys. I think they took exactly that crew from that short movie for it.

And as for characters, I thought about Griffin in this way, too ::cool . I think, he can do those stunts even if he´s dormed down. ::wink

I have seen the movie (its cool, altought the story is not), its called Yamakazi (I think) and they have also been in the movie Taxi 2 (Watch for da ninjas  ) Its french so I dont know if it exists in the US...

Yamakazi is right, I remember that title now. I think about it the same way, cool movie (stunts ::smokin ) but weak story ::sleep .

Yeah, very cool! I've seen them before as well.

Taxi was great! Taxi 2 was good, taxi 3 was bleeh..and the american remake...what were they thinking?! I don't even want to see it. Do you know if they played the monks in Les Rivières Pourpres 2? Crimson rivers 2 I think...French movie anyway with Jean Reno and not very good. The first was good though. The monks were the only cool bit...just imagine gregorian monks with long flowing robes moving à la Darth Mull.

Cool isn't it? It's actually called Le Parkaur (?spelling?), and was developed in France by bored teenagers who'd got banned from skateboarding on their oddly designed council estate. So they decided to do this instead. Basically travelling through the city by unusual routes. It obviously requires a hell of a lot of athletic and acrobatic skill.

Couple of programs about it have been shown here in the UK on Channel 4. Jump London had the creators talking about it, and then running across famous London landmarks. The top of the Tate Modern art gallery was pretty funky.

More recently (last week in fact) there was the sequel Jump Britain. This time it focused on the spread of the craze and the creators came back over to see how a group of British Parkour runners had developed. Then we saw them running various places across the UK (the Giant's Causeway, a castle in Scotland, the Millenium Stadium, etc).

My Brother (who has a mega-dextrous Nova in the game I GM) really got inspired by it, and is planning all sorts of shinanigans now.

Parkour runners always make me think of how Jack Hawksmoor'd move through the city.

Archived