Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - CC: Game Mechanics

Alex Green

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had discussions with a couple of people . . . and after much deliberation and several acts of god (like my MB going out, than my 100 gig HDD, my wife going to the hospital for the 3rd time in a week.. ) that I'm going just wrap the game up and call it an end.

I thank those of you that stayed with me and tried to help me get back after my motherboard died.. but things just kept happening. The final nail in CC was my Hard drive corrupting and losing all my notes about the revamped game I was planning (and all but the paper copies I made of your CS's). Maybe another time, now that I have some more experience with this format of game, I'll try and put another one together. It could be sooner, it could be later. If I do, I'll consider letting anybody who asks bring thier CC character into whatever the new game is.

So thank you all for playing, and goodnight folks.

-- malk

EH.. thanks for the good words everyone... I am thinking of recreating the revamp of the setting... But I'm gonna enlist a good CO-conspiritor for my aims and take a month to develop it.. rather than two to four days like I did the first time ::tongue

I think that a 'version 2.0' would be a great idea. After all, you'll now have more of an idea of what the various players expect, & how they react to certain situations - which should be a great help in planning for any such 'second edition'.

I for one would like to try the whole thing again with the same characters, if you're willing to give it a shot.

::thumbsup

• 2 months later...

Just the 6? awww... ::tongue

Yea the game is on.. but it will definately be a slow starting one... (between my work and the fact that 1 person hasn't gotten his character to me... still waiting on a part from another...) But thumbs up prof.. what a way to make an entrance...

Saturday... (grins) sorry.. was just giving a good teaser for folks... (inspiration to get people to actually (cough, cough) submit thier characters)... Full details on saturday.. (my first free day off work... ) or maybe tomorrow.. if i get time.. kinda injured myself earlier.. not easy to type..

Hey, Alex-

Can you see me, do you know my position how quick is your eye?

I have no home, no reason to roam yet I travel the length of the sky

I stretch my fingers jagged icy white 'till my energy's all around

My clutch is swift, my force is fearful I convey it without a sound

I live to free the skies from everyone, watch me run - watch me

The north wind rises, old man's eyes wondering deeply as he locks his door

He knows the fear when I'm too near him, he's seen me angry before

The black intruding clouds approach as I release a destructive blow

All the crashing, all the flashing light brings terror upon my foe

I fight with force and power for my land

I command the lightning's hand!

Run for cover - Oh your life is in vain if you try to escape me

Don't look back - Oh your wealthy world cannot save you

'Cause I'm gonna break you

I hear them moan, I hear them weep because they feel I belong to the devil

They feel the pain, and will again 'till they stop reaching up for this level

No one will defeat me, no one can

I command the lightning's hand!

• 2 weeks later...

The 15th floor is actually the inside of a large volcano where all the characters meet thier arch nemesis.. Lava!

err.. no.. just hadn't gotten that far.. I got busy on halloween and couldn't post up anything.. felt bad, so I posted up something.. i'm trying (or will be continuing to try) to post on Saturday evening/sunday morning (for those of us in the states)..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived