[OpNet] The word

Back when I was a baseline, I used to have fantasys about bein able to go on live television and say the words "Big Fat Penis" Well now that I'm a nova, I want to induldge that fantasy<font color="#CC0000">...message truncated... </font>

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a listen from someone who's danced with those bastards. Imagine an organization with their finger in more pies than you can imagine. An organization with more back up than you could shake a stick at, a big frigging stick. Now take away all sense of morality, ethics, and conscience and replace it with an implacable desire to impose its viewpoint on the entire world.

Those guys aren't shouldn't be messed with, Lucious. I tangled with them some time ago and, well, lets just call it a draw. Some else set us up to run into each other.

Oh, yeah. They being so much weaker than us is real funny until one of them shuts you down for that one second it takes them to put a bullet in your brain. Be careful.

Quote:
Originally posted by James 'Prodigy' Meehan:
Imagine an organization with their finger in more pies than you can imagine. An organization with more back up than you could shake a stick at, a big frigging stick. Now take away all sense of morality, ethics, and conscience and replace it with an implacable desire to impose its viewpoint on the entire world.

The only feeling of safety I have is it must be run by baselines.

While it is certainly not my intention to spark controversy, I am drawn to express an observation: Prodigy's concern for this organization of baselines (if it does indeed exist and if it is indeed comprised of baselines) is in sharp contrast to his typically espoused dismissal of baseline potentiality.

Again proceeding strictly from the premises that said agency does exist and is manned by baselines - toward what end might they strive? What is this "viewpoint" of theirs that they so implaccably wish to impose upon the world?

Utopia also seems to have a vision of what the world shoud be like. So too do many within the Terragen. Other folk come to mind as well - Ghandi, Hitler, Wilson, Lenin, Socrates...

Comment, anyone?

James, I'm dissapointed. Do you really think, givin your opinion of them, that baselines are the true power behind that particular organization? That they have been able to pull the wool over the eyes of the world for so long attests to the skill and ability of those involved. If you continue to deal with them using thae assumption that it is baseline run, you are going to have a serious wake up call soon. Be careful, there is a reason I try to avoid refering to them by name.

There is control and then their is control. I have little doubt that the above mentioned organization is headed by a baseline human. Highly qualified and talented as they may be, their reactions tend to show well within the capacity of said individual.

Now, who else is using said organization to accomplish their own ends; that is what bothers me.

Not going to agree with you here Atwight. I have dealt with 'Them' on several occasions. Much time and effort has been spent investigating 'Them'. My conclusion stands. Whomever is in charge over there is not a Nova. The psychology behind their actions is all wrong for it.

I'm not saying they have no Nova agents, as I have run into them on several occasions. I respect your opinion and I realize that you are one of the few people on this globe that I should look up to in regards to puzzle solving, but I have enough verified data under my belt on this one that I am sure of my theory.

If you feel sure James, then go with what you have. Please keep what I have said in the back of your mind though. Not just about "them" either.

I probably shouldn't even be saying anything here or they'll probably start paying attention to me again, but, fuck it, bring em on. Does it really matter who's running them, baseline, nova, something else? What matters is the shit they're doing needs to stop. Do you have any idea how many people are killed? Of coarse that's not even the half of it. They do far worse than murder. Now look, I've said to much already. By the way, has anyone heard from Lucious?

Jager,

I'm not sure I want to talk about that. I don't know why I'm not dead yet. The only thing I can think of is that they've invested too much time and money.

I really only know about the killing part. There's other stuff too, but a lot of those memories are fuzzy. For the most part I was kept uninformed but I think I was her favorite for a while.

Why I feel compelled to tell you this, I don't know. I should stop talking.

When one teases rabid dogs one should expect to get bitten. I don't understand all the fascination and hoopla over this particular rabid dog. What do you all get out of this particular game?

I, for one, am not sure I can avoid said rabid dog, so I would like to keep an eye on it until it finally does succumb to whatever ails it. Even if it doesn't come after me, it could still heavily impact many people I care about, human and nova alike. Therefore, I keep tabs on it when I can and help out those who have crossed its path. If that pisses it off, so be it. I feel doing nothing would be worse.

Look what they did! Fine, if anyone wants to know anything about what we all know was being talked about here, just ask me. I'm not silenced that easily, it's shit like this that makes me want to tell everybody everything. So just ask, they weren't able to completely wipe my mind.

Lucious_Clay's message shows up as truncated on the same day the bridge I am building collapses on my job trailer. My bridges do NOT collapse. My bridges and buildings go up smoothly and very under budget and ahead of time with record breaking safety statistics.

I am definately not buying anymore of Lucious_Clay's Novox!

(not that I think he had anything to do with my bridge collapsing on my job trailer, you understand)

Apep, I like you. I would like to get you a Christmas present, so don't f**k around with people with no sense of humour. It's wasted on them. Stay frosty.

Thingmaker, did your bridge fall on your trailer while you were in it? Odds are it was just a warning accident. Call me yellow if you like, but as my mentor once said: There old spies and there are bold spies, but they are very few old, bold spies. If your bad luck presists, drop me a line and I will see if I can help. I could attempt to give them something else to worry about.

Jager - thanks for the offer. I'll definately keep it in mind. The bridge came down because of two factors. First, many of the support beams we used were not what I had specified. (The supplier's records indicate that thay did ship out the right material - but what got here was not it) Second, a heavy load of rebar was in the wrong spot at the right time. I'm thinking helicopter with slung load (I already eliminated the crane as possibly having been used)

And no, the trailer was empty at the time - I had gone a few blocks away for a midnight snack.

• 1 year later...

Word everyone, you know who this is. Nothing much more needs to be said. And as a great man once said, rumors of my demise appear to be a bit exaggerated. He was a white man, imagine that. Just wanted to let everyone know I was back, kickin it. Seems I had a little brush with the authorities and got myself temporarily incarcerated, locked down. And I had to make some changes. I learned some powerful lessons, mainly being, all prisons in essence are basically small cities. So now I'm out and underground. I'm in the walls, I watch you through your computer screen, and you tread your feet upon me everyday. Most of you like mindless zombies. Don't trip.

Once, I was just Lucious Clay. Now I'm Big Poppa Metropolis. I grew up in the city, to become the city. Now it is time for revolution. Now is time to stand up. The boogieman is out there, and I'll be watching them. In ways they don't even imagine. There are cities in places people don't even know. There's a city in every dream. Cities think. And the city is on my side. So I foreswear now to all y'all non posin mutha fuckas, who are down with the Null Manifesto, If you're in a city, any city, you have my protection, 'cause Big Poppa Metropolis didn't get broken by some ol Hag like Thetis.

Have a nice day.

Hey, Metropolis! Were am I now?

Anyhow, glad that you final found the file in the pound cake. Sorry you had to dig through all that plastique to get it.

So, any schedule on the revolution, or is it Come-when-your-ready?

Truthfully, it is good to hear from you. Glad you are back on the outside. Too many of us have gone down into dark holes of one kind or another, maybe lost forever. Glad to find one of us found a way back out.

• 3 weeks later...

Apep? Apep of the Teragen? A general?

All those in favor of following the enraged berserker into combat raise your hands.

No?

Motion declined then. I would never have guessed the living spirit of the cities would miss such an obvious problem with pinning his aspirations on someone so unsuited to the task by ability and temprament. When you want to kill indescriminately is a good time to call Apep. Or Godzilla. Tactical matters involving complex issues and goals?

She wouldn't be my first choice.

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Ashnod is the true tactician of the pair, but as far as being an enraged berserker, you have never fought Apep. Yeah, she gets pissed but it is in the way of the snake not the tiger, She is definatly not indiscrimanate, but more a cold focused rage, with every blow landed with percision and a set up for the next blow, Hell we had an honor battle once with both of us dormed down. I aint afraid to say I lost,She is a chop saki master and shit. That doesn't take rage that takes something else.

Metropolis

No, I never have fought her but that's not your problem here.

You depend on indepth personal knowledge of a reclusive and secretive nova, based on which you would follow her into battle without hesitation. Wonderful. Now convince even one percent of the nova population to do likewise and I'll concede your point.

It doesn't matter whether it's actually true or simply a belief of yours based on sheer attraction. It is however crucial that a segment of the population that currently believes her to be a lone killing machine can be convinced she's something more. You have to make them believe that she's capable of leading them into victorious battle. Leaders attain their position by either politics or getting results and sometimes both.

Endeavor

Trivial Pursuit questions aside, it's Godzilla. Welcome to America. Didn't we give you an info chip when you climbed off the immigrant boat?

My apologies for the oversight. I'll have one forwarded immediately.

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">