Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The chunky throwing star embeds deep into The Samurai's bungalow door with a satisfyingly woody THUNK - narrowly missing the nervous looking newbie elite about to embark on his first ever trip to Superimpose.

::confused

Hope you're not trying to imply they gave his quarters away - since it was already established he hadn't been given up for dead yet...

errr...sorry. Done and done.

Cheers. ::smile

Thanks.

[The Novas can now train in a new super-dooper-custom Ability called 'Biosuit'. The rating in this Ability will determine how many QP they can store in their biosuit, how well the suit's stealth abilities work, how much it boosts their physical Attributes, etc.. The suit's Soak bonus is a flat +6 Vs Bashing & Lethal though.]
Oh.... Alex really should have stayed with Masters. He could really use another +6 soak. :Greed:

--Edit--

And hey Prof, is this new skill based on Int, Dex, something else, or just nothing?

This is probably going to sound stupid, but did the Templars leave? Or did the leader toss the braid and is now standing there waiting for Ghost's reply?

I was wondering about that, too, but came to the conclusion that they're still around since the post doesn't actually say they left.

::confused

Hope you're not trying to imply they gave his quarters away - since it was already established he hadn't been given up for dead yet...

Cheers. ::smile

Well, I was, but I'll take it out.

Just trying to squeeze in some funnyfacetime. ::blush

And hey Prof, is this new skill based on Int, Dex, something else, or just nothing?

'Biosuit' is a stand-alone Ability, not based on any Attribute.

This is probably going to sound stupid, but did the Templars leave? Or did the leader toss the braid and is now standing there waiting for Ghost's reply?

They haven't left yet - after all, I have no idea if Ghost is going to start popping them or not... ::unsure

Just trying to squeeze in some funnyfacetime.

Yeah - it was good, but would have changed the whole ethos of DVNTS, which values camaraderie highly & would never toss out a guy just MIA without a second thought.

Can it be used in conjunction with eufibre? or is that something that should be asked in game?

No it can't (need some game balance, right?) - but there are in-game reasons if ya' wanna' ask... ::wink (Mostly 'cos you need to be nekkid inside the Biosuit, but also 'cos Masters don't trust that sneaky Buendia guy ::sly ).

Are we waiting on anyone in particular to post thier actions/conversations in the masters lair section of QZ? Seems like something is missing is the reason I'm asking  ::unsure

Actually I kinda suspect that we need to give Prof some time to get CoV out of his system... ::tongue

Actually CoV is limited to 3 hour sessions on weeknights only right now (& most of that's loading patches some days), so it's not a big issue... ::wink Just had a busy few days (burial of ashes, getting the car sorted, etc., etc.), & spent a bit of time reading up on Japan, Osaka, & the tournament rules for judo... that'll teach me to post 'there's a judo tournament' without actually thinking about what that means ::rolleyes .

More on the lamb (if that makes sense?), I mean as far as you all know you were chased off by Pax himself, and you know he's not going to be happy finding a dead teamate. A public apearance anywhere and surely the thought of T2M jumping out from the bushes would cross your characters minds.

Terry's been involved in Firefly and Montoya-Bernal's deaths, how is this different?

Edit: So has Glacier for that matter...I'd roleplay the "Oh my god, we killed Psyche!" but it's been 3 days already...

Glacier wasn't really involved in Firefly's death, except in the sense that he was there. ::huh
Your girlfriend, who was helping you, killed someone one. You have since joined up with her merry band. At the time she killed someone you were busy trying to kill Firefly's teammate.

Your involvement, at least to a jury, would be the same as if you were robbing a liquor store and your partner killed a cop.

I know and you know that Glacier didn't know Eel would be there.

I know and you know that Glacier was acting legally (or at least he believed that) while Firefly and the rest of T2M were probably acting illegally (or at least Glacier believed that).

And I know and you know that Glacier wasn't fully in control of his actions.

But proving any of that would be difficult, while proving the former would be easy.

Your girlfriend, who was helping you, killed someone one. You have since joined up with her merry band. At the time she killed someone you were busy trying to kill Firefly's teammate.

Your involvement, at least to a jury, would be the same as if you were robbing a liquor store and your partner killed a cop.

I know and you know that Glacier didn't know Eel would be there.

I know and you know that Glacier was acting legally (or at least he believed that) while Firefly and the rest of T2M were probably acting illegally (or at least Glacier believed that).

And I know and you know that Glacier wasn't fully in control of his actions.

But proving any of that would be difficult, while proving the former would be easy.

That's all quite true.. But at least he didn't actually do it himself - that's something, these days, right? ::blush

I think whatever he's planning, he has to go there.

He's a combat teleport so he can't be all that worried about leaving. In theory he might be planning to grab Cable and port out. He might also be planning to actually leave his slave... she is dying and the only people who can stop that are her previous owners. In addition, he has to know that since Link knows her mind she can be mentally followed, which might tell him a great deal about what the Temp guys are and what they are up to.

It happens from time to time, I have no idea why.

I find that simply Editing and Posting it tends to fix it, or else put a Space between the quote and the text, and the /quote.

so {quote]stuff{/quote} becomes {quote} stuff {/quote}.

Can't guarentee it'll work, but sometimes it does for me.

Anyone know why my quotes in my latest QZ post aren't working? ::unsure
Every time I've had it happen to me, it's because they aren't matched correctly.

Example:

QUOTE /QUOTE

QUOTE QUOTE

QUOTE /QUOTE

I've got four "starter" quotes and 2 "enders". Since the computer can't match them up, it doesn't process any of them.

I thought of that, but I checked and his are all formatted right.

Have you tried removing all the quotes and requoting them?

Btw, just read over QZelites...Gotta say, Samurai has to be my favorite character by far! I keep laughing when reading your posts Knave!

Awesome! ::thumbup

Archived