Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

You know, it never really occurred to me before, but that was actually a pretty slick way for that scene to end. Can't you imagine watching it on TV, as the last man standing (not counting Lodestone because his costume is lavender  ) looks around, then powers down and surrenders. Nicely symbolic last line, too.

And this is why Thunderbolt will NEVER take another clandestine, intel gathering mission. Not only did he get NO media coverage, but now the players are even forgetting about him! ::mad

And Ms Cable was about to assign an elite to the Stranger, as soon as Vinnie gets done with her, that is...

hmm, Thunderbolt looks free... ::tongue

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what are you looking for and who is left?

Loadstone; Thunderbolt; DMD; Alloy; Verse; Various NPCs.

Well, both the Ghost and the Stranger are looking for help here...

The Stranger wants someone to be Fabry's bodyguard and body double, so nobody who relies on very visual powers, I'd say... Verse might be the best bet, since he can be an exact copy of the man himself. Archer has mentioned that he sees DMD as a good option too, but so does Vinnie... So it depends who gets to choose first. ::cool

Of course, Lodestone is not an option for Vinnie. I'd just end up having to save his hide again... ::tongue

Y'all should hold your horses on that stuff. Verse might not be available to you and you guys might not be the only ones hiring, so I wouldn't count on any of the PCs necessarily being available. ::unsure ::wink ::cool ::tongue

Edit: P.S. Even if Verse could act as a body double, the sparks coming off him would be a dead giveaway.

And this is why Thunderbolt will NEVER take another clandestine, intel gathering mission. Not only did he get NO media coverage, but now the players are even forgetting about him!

Thunderbolt wasn't technically "standing", and wasn't part of the scene I was talking about. ::tongue

Also, I don't have an Elite character at the moment, so I'm not, strictly speaking, a "player". ::wah

I foresee a dark future for OMA.

Oh, I dunno 'bout that. He could suddenly decide to become very cooperative. Only the Prof can say for sure what's going to happen, so I don't really want to speculate. ::unsure I'm just saying that people should keep their options open. ::biggrin ::cool

Prof, quick question - how much time has passed between the events of Mike and Carla's date and your new post? I'm perfectly happy with the time jump (and the 5 XP ::thumbup1), but I just want to get some sort of reference point.

p.s. Hey, PoB! Looks like our two characters are an 'item'! ::sweetlove ::wub

Well, Masters' big meeting was meant to be that same night - so either Mike had to cut the evening short, or he tried to slip out of bed unnoticed... ::blush ::wink

Slither & Ghost (& Link) would have got calls to go help Marco with his meeting with the Rush dealers (who are, as far as the PCs know, a bunch of grad-student types who've come up with a 'brilliant' new product).

The Stranger, I'm presuming, does actually investigate stuff when he's not involved in his soap-opera of a love-life & overheard something which led him to the location of the deal. Janet had other things to do (she is, after all, a really busy person).

Terry gets to be in the Blackburn 'cos that's where PathFinder actually lives (which he'd know if he ever got beyond the bedroom door)...

Glacier is still with Miss Whiplash... er... Psyche & getting 'trained'.

The MI guys were all scheduled to meet with Masters anyway.

Slither & Ghost (& Link) would have got calls to go help Marco with his meeting with the Rush dealers (who are, as far as the PCs know, a bunch of grad-student types who've come up with a 'brilliant' new product).

So this is the same night as the double date and Vinnie's bringing Ms Cable home to his flat?

Archived