Admin's writing another pdf book :)

CHILL

Yep - I feel the need to write another pdf book - don't care what, I'm thinking about 20 - 30 pages in size, about the same as the Absolute Zero Players Guide.

Ill do all the graft - research etc....

You guys tell me what you want - and I'll get on with it....

Im a sucker for punishment aint I?

I'd prefer to stay away from potential future book ideas for the games that WW & others have already floated.  eg:

1) Big Book Of Aliens

2) India Underground

3) The next abbie book

So, what do you guys want eh?

- a book outlining a series of factions for Adventure!

- a book of story seeds for Aberrant?

- a campaign / adventure book for any of the games?

- a mad scientists guide to gadets in Aberrant?

You let me know, and I'll come up with the basic outline and take it from there.  Be specific if you can - and I'll post a poll on the suggestions and see which gets the majority.

I feel like I need another challenge (besides everything that is life, work, website et al).

Get requesting!

We've also had a request for a series of adventure plot hooks for Aberrant.

So far then we have:

1) A guide to superscience and gadets in Aberrant

2) Location book for Aberrant in the future of the game timeline

3) Another Alien Race (Trinity I presume)

4) Faction book for Adventure set in the Far East.

5) Book of adventure plot hooks for Aberrant

Good suggestions so far.  What I need is MORE SUGGESTIONS.

Come on people - get yer two cents / pence / euros / whatever in now.

Like I said, Ill turn this into a straight up poll when we have enough comments.....  the winning item will be written and made available on EON.

Anyone else?

I know I have already given suggestions but I have a few more book ideas, since you asked.

1. The Aeon Soucebook - Delve into the secrets of the most influencial secret society in history.  See it from its beginnings as a collective of adventurers to a world-shapping organization.  Major characters, history, and divisions detailed, as well as information on Aeons "dark age" during the Nova age and how they dug themselves out.

2. Exotic Locales - Africa, South America, and Asia.  Similar to the factions idea for Adventure! but more expansive.  Characters, heroes, and villians of the world as well as strange places for characters to visit.

3. The Inspired Omnibus - What is Telluric Energy and what is its relation to Psi and Quantum.  This is the ultimate crossover book, detailing the inspired heroes of every age and how they relate to each other.  Novas in Adventure? Daredevils in Trinity?  This guide will show you how!

4. Mundanes, at the Feet of Giants.  The Guide to the normal characters of the Aeon Continuum.  Neutrals, Baselines, and heroic normals.  See the world from their eyes and see how they shaped the world without the advanatges of inspiration.  A sort of "Year of the Ally" for the Continuum.

5. Breaking Barriers: The Aberrant book of what could have been.  A companion possibly to the Superscience book, this guide deals with the other staples of hero games - extraterrestrials, magic, the supernatural, and alternate universes.  Aliens, daemons, and the unique supernaturals that could possibly exist are detailed.  This isn't the WoD crossover, but a look at the various "styles" of supernatural and non-terrestrial elements used in comics, just as Aberrant focused on the various styles of superheroics in comics.

6. Snapshots from History - Join Whitley Styles, Sarah Gettel and others as they chronacle the lost history of the Continuum.  From the golden age of heroes in the 30's and 40's, to the "super-spy" era of the 60's and 70's, the Aberrant War, and the Crash.  Quick guides to whats happening in each era and the unique challenges the Inspired have to deal with in each.

i agree with the alien species idea, but it should cover all three epocs of the trinity tale, maybe sauron/reptilean type aliens (descended from the small dino's) that are really native to earth but went underground and servived in underground kingdoms, they could easily span all three.

They could be null's or be psi?, quantum?, telluric? powers.  they would deffinitly be super science users

:Yin Yang

Dr C: Hiya - welcome aboard the EON Forums.  ((waves))

Interesting idea......  I like the underground kingdoms thing.  I wonder how they managed to stay6 out of the way of the novas in the aberrant era?  Or perhaps they didnt? - what about clairentients in the Trinity era

hmmm.......  (brain starts groaning and increased levels of activity)

:D

The "reptilian aliens that aren't really aliens but are instead the original inhabitants of the Earth" idea has a very full treatment in Exodus: The Saurian Sourcebook (for Conspiracy X).  In that book, the Saurians left the Earth millions of years ago and either hibernated on Titan (one of Saturn's moons) or got stuck in a singularity of their own accidental creation.  They also managed to cause the extinction of dinosaurs and all Saurians remaining on Earth when they accidentally crashed their asteroid-cathedral into the Earth at the end of a civil war.

I'm using an Oneirophatoi (one of the different kinds of Saurians) in an Adventure! game and it's a lot of fun.  He uses pheromones to duplicate a couple of Knacks (Cloak of Dread, Hypnotic Presence), combat drugs for Blazing Speed, and he has Knacks that are inherent to his species (Resilient, Lightning Reflexes).  The Oneirophatoi (Greek for "Dreamspeakers," but not the same as the Mage: The Ascension Dreamspeakers) also have psychic powers that work through dreams, and he has Evil Eye and a variant of Psychic Control that he can use if his target is sleeping.

How about a book on the religions of the Aberrant world inspired by the presence of the novas. Trinity Wasteland a book about the people living & trying to get by in the blight zones, there could be mutated beasts living among the tunnels etc. How about a Trinity book about the planets controlled by the Abbies. An alernate history book about the Novas leaving earth & what they encounter told from their persective. Have all the abbies turned into things that look like this  :Alient ? Are there planets with cultures, governments, new technology, etc. Inquiring minds want to know?

• 3 weeks later...

wow, lots o' great ideas, but my vote has got to go with the

1. The Aeon Soucebook - Delve into the secrets of the most influencial secret society in history.  See it from its beginnings as a collective of adventurers to a world-shapping organization.  Major characters, history, and divisions detailed, as well as information on Aeons "dark age" during the Nova age and how they dug themselves out.

that would seem the most "useful" to me, whereas all the others while fun can really be done by anyone...

-harlequin

• 1 month later...

Hiya Devilbat, welcome aboard!  

Quantakinesis is being covered in great detail in the upcoming 'India Underground Bharati Commonwealth and Psi Order Chitra Bhanu sourcebook', which is a fanfic supplement being written by 'Team InUn':

Breearg - Writer (most of it)

Natwick - Art

Aeon - Writer (religions and misc)

Joseph - Layout

Admin - erm, some call me slavedriver, but what the hell!

Stick around and enjoy the forums - there's a lot going on.

:wavesmiley

I was referring to that other thread down somewhere where you said I was not allowed a desk.  See.  I remember everything you say and hold it for future reference.  But primarily to embarass you someday...   :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah Harle - sorry 'bout that.

InUn, then DeSa, then UK then 'next' will chew up my time - and actually, there are a lot better writers out there than me.

Largely InUn overtook any direct plans I had - which is great as InUn and other projects are of much better quality!

InUn will be the next 'book' in your gubby little hands - unless AsAs appears of course :)

yup yup, desert sands, not to be confused with the highly controversial pdf book in planning, dessert sands in which we cover the new psi abilities basteakinetics, pasterykinesis, and oveno-kinesis  :wink  ok that last bit was a little lame, i haven't had much sleep recently, what do ya want? :sleepy

jake

Archived