Aberrant RPG - Post your Quantum Powers and Enh. here

CHILL

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't sweat it, it gets easier with practice. ::cool BTW, you should go ahead and turn in the revised version to CHILL if you would like to see it posted here on EON. (Check out EON's submissions page for all the details.)

Again I don't really mind the supersoak of the powers, it's that they also cover mental deffences, If you had a level 4-6 version of empathic shield or something that'd be fine. You said it in your descriptions "This is an advanced form of the Armor/Invulnerability powers" and " This is the ultimate form of the Armor/Invulnerability powers" the Armour/Invulnerability powers all have their limits in their deffensive range, ie. invulnerability, you select what you deffend against beit mental (domination, etc.) or physical (first type, then category).

::biggrin I see your point, Ayre, but you have to remember that these are level 5&6 uber-defensive powers. Seeing as a piddling level 2 power such as Invulnerability can protect against a broad category of physical threats (once augmented with the Extra of the same name), it's not really that much of a leap to come up with the effects of Adamantine and Invincibility. Besides, campaigns where player characters will have that level of power tend to be a bit on the scarce side, y'know... ::devilangel

Besides, I have a problem with Galactus-equivalent novas being taken out by one microscopic (as far as the cosmic-level nova's concerned) mental blast from Joe Nova who just erupted last Tuesday. (The 'Age of Apocalypse' Galactus may've been killed that way, but it took the combined mental efforts of the entire sapient population of Earth at the time... ::hehe )

So now there are powers that deffend against both mental and physical, with huge dice pools, what about powers that deal both and at equally high dice pools?

Besides, I have a problem with Galactus-equivalent novas being taken out by one microscopic (as far as the cosmic-level nova's concerned) mental blast from Joe Nova who just erupted last Tuesday.

Well that's just too bad for "Mr. Bigbad I can soak everything!", with that level of power the points are clearly there for them to broaden their horrizons, besides everyone needs a weakness ::biggrin .

So be it- but if I don't get any feedback from other folks on that subject, I'll just submit those powers "as is" to CHILL in a few days. If you can get a few other folks on your bandwagon, I might see my way to revising the listings a bit.

Besides, what's a Storyteller to do if she can't scare the crap out of the high-Quantum player characters in her campaign if she can't whip up a "Mr. Bigbad I can soak everything"-type threat when the mood strikes her? ::devilangel Cosmic disasters can become rather dull if you overuse them, y'know...

::smiley1 And Mr.BISE appreciates it, too!

Face it, every successful game setting operates (in part) on the simple principle of "big fish in a small pond"- the players may be hot stuff on their home turf, but there's always someone (or something) bigger and badder than they are out in the ocean...

It's a thing of beauty! ::devilangel

hoi folks

just thought of Temporal Manipulation and found no Blast or Bolt technique. here we go: (hope nobody thought about before ::rolleyes )

Temporal Bolt

Dice Pool: Intelligence + Temporal Manipulation

Range: (Quantum + power rating) x 15 meters

Area: N/A

Duration: Instant

By stopping time for one moment in few small pieces of a (moving) target’s body, the Temporal Manipulator Inflicts [Quantum x 3] levels + (power rating x 4) dice of bashing damage or [Quantum x 2] levels + (power rating x 4) dice of lethal damage (nova’s choice).

i just used Quantum Bolt for the effect. thought of Desintegration, but it would be little bit to powerful, or?

Re: the "Peter Pan Syndrome" aberration- Due to a problem with the basic concept of this aberration, I've decided that I should let someone else take a shot at revising that sick little puppy. Anyone who feels up to it can post their own version of "Peter Pan" here or on the Social Mega-Attribute Book thread- I'm not going to submit my version of it to CHILL. ::biggrin

Hey Obsidian Shade, I like the description but disagree with the damage multiplier being x4, to keep it inline with other Mastery powers I'd make it x3. Maybe even restrict it to lethal only as the target is being torn apart even if it is in small chunks, ::thumbsup . Oh and disintegrate would be way too powerful, it'd be like getting 2 level 3 powers for the price of 1.

Re: the \"Peter Pan Syndrome\" aberration- Due to a problem with the basic concept of this aberration, I've decided that I should let someone else take a shot at revising that sick little puppy.

If you mean the 'free immortality' thing, then can't you just have the aberration keep the character's body locked into a child-like appearance, but have no effect on their actual aging (i.e. their body still wears-out as it grows older, it just always looks like the body of a small child)? That way they can't get 'round the aberration via Temporal Manipulation (since it's now got nothing to do with time, but rather just physical appearance), & gain no extended-lifespan bonuses either.

You could even split the aberration into three different aberrations - child-like body, child-like mind, & (a higher level aberration) Peter-Pan syndrome that combines both - your character is forever locked into a child's body & way of thinking.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks for the ideas, ProfPotts, but as I said, I'm not in charge of that particular aberration anymore. Check out the "Social Mega-Attribute Book" thread- it seems someone was brave enough to take that ball and run with it! ::wink

• 3 weeks later...

i dunno if its too late but i also dont think u should be able to soak mental powers with those super high soak dealies that were on here. yeah, i get the mental blast thing, then make a version of it for mental powers.

mace

i read a Super Man comic where he was fighting these really bad ass guys. Supes was gettin wrecked and he used his heat vision, combined with his x ray vision to remove a lump in the leader's brain. well turns out the lump gave him his powers, reminds me of the MR node. are there any powers that can shut off, or remove the node of another nova? if there is or someone has made one up, please spill it, i'd like to hear!

mace

Man, I miss the old Superman where his only powers were heaps of Megaphysicals and Quantum Leap.. But to answer your question, that requires Quantum Supremacy, a level 5 power found in the Aberrant Player's Guide. (Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody). Divis Mal did it to a certain bald T2M member in one of the Worldwide books (which I don't have, so someone else'll have to give you the sordid details).

Actually, ProfPotts, didn't you say something on the White Wolf forums about it never actually saying that that's what Mal did?

::thumbsup

Hello Everybody !

This is my first post and i'm very happy to join this group.

You are right Phoenix : it's the Quantum Transformation Technique of the Quantum Supremacy Power (p. 135 ABG).

But i've not the end of the text because of an error of impression.

Does anyone have the same problem ?

Man, I miss the old Superman where his only powers were heaps of Megaphysicals and Quantum Leap..

Actually, I could argue he started as a Stalwart ::sly ....Then 1942 happened...

But to answer your question, that requires Quantum Supremacy, a level 5 power found in the Aberrant Player's Guide. (Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody). Divis Mal did it to a certain bald T2M member in one of the Worldwide books (which I don't have, so someone else'll have to give you the sordid details).

Actually, ProfPotts, didn't you say something on the White Wolf forums about it never actually saying that that's what Mal did?

Yes and no; He didn't do it during the fight, but something definitely shut him down for a couple of weeks...

FR

• 2 months later...

I've been thinking of an extra for 'field' powers ie. Force Field, Immolate, etc. It is alittle powerfull but it does what I think FF should be able to do at level 2, so here goes...

Complete Control: The CC extra allows a Nova to adjust their emited feild to better suit the circumstance. The Nova rolls Stamina + Power (since there's nornally no roll for Immolate), each success can be used to adjust the dimensions of the active field by shifting it by 20% (achieving more than 5 successes grants no aditional benefit). In adition to this they can weaken the powers effect to increase the size of their field.

For example a nova with Quantum 3, FF 2, Stam 3, Mega Stam 2 (and 0 attunement ::wink ):

Sample rolled a FF and it provides a total of 11 soak.

The Nova wishes to shift his FF so that it can cover a baseline in his arms that he just rescued but he doesn't have the affect other extra. He rolls to expand the field scoring 5 successes giving him 100% cotrol over the field.

His options are to:

a) Completely transfer the FF around the target, leaving the Nova unprotected.

B) Shift the feild away from a portion of his body to bring it to the front, then extend it further out... Normally shifting the feild from one area of your body to another would increase your soak at that point while reducing soak from the area it was moved from. In this case however the Nova wishes to extend it, sacrificing those soak points to get some range.

c) Incresing the size of the entire force bubble by reducing it's effective soak, 1 soak per 10cm (radius) seems about right... The Nova wants extend the field around him at least 60cm so the baseline isn't at risk of 'hanging out'. Reduced the FF soak by 6 to make the FF stretch out 60cm in all directions, leaving a total of 5 soak to protect both Nova and Baseline.

Completely transfer the FF around the target, leaving the Nova unprotected.

Reasonable I suppose and totaly in keeping of Heroic Super Hero, but not what I'd imagine for Abberant.

B) Shift the feild away from a portion of his body to bring it to the front, then extend it further out... Normally shifting the feild from one area of your body to another would increase your soak at that point while reducing soak from the area it was moved from. In this case however the Nova wishes to extend it, sacrificing those soak points to get some range.

This is a lot closer to the idea that I came up with (see below) although I would say that the weakening of the shield should be in overall effect rather than at any one point.

) Incresing the size of the entire force bubble by reducing it's effective soak, 1 soak per 10cm (radius) seems about right... The Nova wants extend the field around him at least 60cm so the baseline isn't at risk of 'hanging out'. Reduced the FF soak by 6 to make the FF stretch out 60cm in all directions, leaving a total of 5 soak to protect both Nova and Baseline.

Again, 10 cms per soak lost, i can see this causing trouble as you use this when an enemy closes on you and suddenly their arm falls off because one part is inside your forcefield while the other part is outside of it.

Hm... I don't know. I don't know, it seems a bit wishy washy to me. All three options do not realy seem to jump out at me.

Hows this sound

Sympathetic Shield:

A Nove may add this Extra to his forcefield.

This allows the nova to some extent extend his forcefield around a man sized target and spread his Force Field successes to those targets. A number of targets equal to his Wits may be covered at once but they must remain within 1 Meter of the nova in question to benefit from the Extra Soak of the Forcefield.

The Other option to protect the guy in your arms is to either buy the Wall Extra or take an Area Extra but use weaknesses to reduce the size of the area to (x)

Force Field already has the Wall & Projection Extras available, & can be used with Attunement as well. You'll want to make sure that any new Extra doesn't just duplicate those, & doesn't exceed those either. For example, the Wall Extra already allows you to alter the dimensions of your Force Field with every use, whilst the Projection Extra allows you to cover a single other target at range (so an Extra that allows you to cover a large number of targets is a bit abusive, IMHO), & a high Attunement can let you cover yourself & another target that's in contact with you.

On the other hand, the idea of allowing Extras like Wall or Projection to be used with Immolate, as well as Force Field, is interesting. Immolate (fire) + Wall looks like a nice way to do the classic 'wall of flame' without needing a full Elemental Anima or Mastery power.

Oh - I'm also pretty sure that you couldn't have the Area Extra on a Force Field - since Area is only for powers that don't already have an area effecting option, & Force Field has Wall.

Any effect that allowed you to 'stack' Force Field Soak in one direction would set off the ol' ST alarm bells in my head - Force Field already has plenty of Soak, thankyou very much ::tongue .

You can also look to Strengths & Weaknesses to mess around with stuff like range & area covered as well.

Lastly, don't forget that you could always buy Elemental Mastery - Force Fields if you really want the whole 'Sue Richards' range of force field related abilities, & unlimited flexibility.

Oh - I'm also pretty sure that you couldn't have the Area Extra on a Force Field - since Area is only for powers that don't already have an area effecting option, & Force Field has Wall.

The problem with Area is that you would also need the extra "affects others" to make it work for helping everyone.

Assuming you had both, then you could probably slap a force field on everyone in an area without a problem, and you could do this without affecting the entire area (which would take "Wall").

It is an interesting idea. You could increase the entire group's soak by 10 or 15. Which would be a good reason for the ST to veto it.

Similarly, Psi-Shield + Area would also need "Affects other" to work well.

Actually I think a power with both Area & Affects Others would just centre that Area on the guy you targeted instead of you. An Area Force Field makes no sense in any case - since an Area power 'fills' the entire area. You'd not end up protecting everything in that area, or forming a dome around the edge of that area, but just have a really thick force field around you with no more Soak than your normal Force Field. Hence, I imagine, the inclusion of the Wall Extra for Force Field in the first place.

What you want, if you aim to protect a lot of people individually, is Projection & MIRV.

You'll want to make sure that any new Extra doesn't just duplicate those, & doesn't exceed those either.

I was going for a weaker variant that does both, I left out some things in the description. Transferring the ff to another target is limited to a very short range, only a few centimeters greater than touch. The stretching it into a wall, with 5 successes to give total control, would put a FF of (used myself as an example... using an electric lead, a marker, and a tape measure) 145(ish)cm wide, the Wall extra allows you to put up a wall of 2 meters per dot in the power. For the stackability of the power, the Gm alarm is right to go off, it's just that it seems apropriate IMHO for you to be able to redirect power from one side and focus it to another. Again shifting is determined by the successes rolled, % determines how much of it can be moved/focused...

I never considered using a mastery power for FF or Immolate, good idea.

Again, 10 cms per soak lost, i can see this causing trouble as you use this when an enemy closes on you and suddenly their arm falls off because one part is inside your forcefield while the other part is outside of it.

I don't see it working that way, since FF doesn't do any damage, what would more likely happen is the forcefield will (try) to force the hand away once the feilder shifts it out. If the feilder didn't have the FF on when he was grabbed then he's in the shitter, adjusting it all he likes won't stop the fact his enemy is past his protection.

Ok - let's see if I've understood this correctly. Each success rolled grants the ability to 'adjust' the field by 20%, with a maximum of 100% possible, correct? That 'adjustment' can be size or shape, & effects the field's Soak in a similar way (i.e. the total Soak x area of field stays constant).

So, increasing the area the field covers by 20% reduces the Soak by 20%, decreasing the area by 20% increases the Soak by 20%, but changing the shape has no effect on Soak (since the total field area doesn't change), right?

If that's correct, then increasing the field to cover the Nova plus one other would reduce the Soak to zero (i.e. the field collapses), whilst doubling the field's Soak decreases it's area to zero (i.e. the field vanishes). That seems reasonable, but limits most uses of the Extra to 4 successes. Ok, an 'average' Force Field user with, say, Quantum 2, Stamina 5, Force Field 3 & no Mega-Stamina gets an average of something like 10 Soak - he can decrease the field's area to 20% normal, & have 18 Soak, or increase it to 180% normal & have 2 Soak. Of course, if his Soak isn't a nice multiple of 10 the maths gets a little annoying...

Maybe it'd be easier if the number of successes rolled wasn't a percentage result, but instead related to the field's actual Soak (or, for Immolate, damage dice) - each success allows the Nova to shift the field's power rating down by one but increases the area covered by 1 meter (based on the area & damage Strength / Weaknesses rules in the APG)? Or based on the Targeting rules for small sizes (reducing the field to cover a medium sized target requires 1 additional success & has no effect on Soak / damage, a small sized coverage requires 2 additional successes & adds 2 Soak / damage, a precise coverage requires 3 additional successes & adds 4 Soak / damage)?

The first success rolled would allow the character to adjust the field's shape, but not size, as much as he wanted (fancy changes requiring an Arts roll), additional successes would allow the changes of size. You could even add range to the melting pot as well - each dot of power rating sacrificed for range would require a success & allow the projection of the field up to 1 meter distant.

Actually, you wouldn't really need the roll - just allow the character to trade power rating.

So, the Extra would be written up something like:

Complete Control

The Nova has superior control over his field-based power. The character can alter the shape of the field (the detail of such shapes is based on an Arts roll). Additionally the character can trade power rating to add to the field's projection range (1 meter per dot of power rating lost) or area of effect (1 meter radius 'bubble' per dot of power rating lost). Reducing the size of the field increases it's effectiveness - a small field (hand, head, computer) adds 2 extra Soak / damage dice, a precise field (eye, groin, lock) adds 4 extra Soak / damage dice. The Nova can alter the parameters of his field power as an action at any time whilst it is active.

What do you think?

• 1 month later...

Basing this off the Daredevil Knack Untouchable, what the hell I'll keep the same name aswell:

Mega Dexterity or Mega Wits enhancement (whichever is more appropriate*).

Untouchable

A Nova with this enhancement is incredibly difficult to hit. When attacked the Nova's body instinctively shifts just enough to move itself out of the way of the incomming fist, bullet, laser beam, etc.

System, attackers of the Nova's to-hit difficulty is increased by the target Nova's MegaDex/Wits score on the chart below:

Mega Dexterity/Wits: 1-2, 3-4, 5-6

To hit penalty:----------1----2----3

This enhancement is always active but may be turned off if the Nova is allowing herself to be hit.

*This enhancement may not be purchased for both mega attributes.

(damned auto format had to use (---) for spacing)

Untouchable...This enhancement is always active but may be turned off...

I see no reason why it should be always on and not have a q cost (1 per round sounds right).

Put another way; this works...

1) Even if the nova has no way at all to detect the attack.

2) Even if the nova is totally surprised.

3) Even if the nova is asleep.

That works well for armor. It works less well for an enhanced dodge.

Further, I question the relevence of Mega-Wits to dodging (which is purely dex in aberrant).

It's not a dodge as much as it is a jerk or twist, being completely reflexive is the reason I feel it shouldn't have to cost to use. Also, if I wrote it up so the bonus/penalty matches the novas mega-dex score, then I'd say it would cost a Qpoint per attack or 3 per scene. Having a +4 or +5 difficulty to-hit before cover, etc are taken into acount is excessive, most will only have a +1, maybe a +2 bonus from it this way so it not expending quantum is fair imho.

Why wits? Well it's simple really, they detected the threat and had enough 'time' to make the movement necessary to avoid getting hit.

I Agree that Untouchable should be a function of Mega-Wits, if for no other reason than Mega-Dex is front-loaded with cool benifits. Spreading the good enhancements around wouldn't hurt. and maybe changing the name as not to be confused with the Adventure! version.

While I am here, I have a few extra's and powers to share.

Mental Blast

Extra – Aggravated – Quantum minimum 5. The damage inflicted by Mental Blast is aggravated. The most Damage that can be inflicted per attack is equal to the nova’s power rating. Psychic Shield resists this effect as normal.

Extra – Lethal – The damage inflicted by Mental Blast is Lethal. All other aspects of the power remain unchanged.

Extra – Piercing – Quantum minimum 4.The Mental Blast rips through psychic defenses. By spending additional Quantum points, the nova can negate levels of Psychic Shield on a one per one basis (maximum levels negated are equal the characters Mental Blast rating.)

Extra – Will Shredder – This extra shifts Mental Blasts effect from Bashing damage to Willpower damage. Each net success on the Mental Blast roll removes a temporary Willpower point from the target (maximum levels inflicted are equal to power level). The Iron Will merit reduces the amount of Willpower lost this way by one. A character depleted of Willpower this way acts at a -2 dice penalty until at least one point of Willpower is recovered.

Noxious Bile

Level: 1

Quantum Minimum: 1

Dice Pool: Dex +Noxious Bile

Range: (Stamina X 5) m

Duration: Special

Effect: The Nova projects an acidic, corrosive, or otherwise harmful substance from their body. Inflicts Quantum + (Power level) L Damage. Plus and additional 1/2 damage each turn for (Power level) turns.

Multiple Actions: Yes.

Description: A rather gruesome ability demonstrated by certain heavily tainted Nova's, this power allows the nova to project a hazardous chemical agent from their bodies (often from the mouth or other more "exotic" orifices. This power inflicts Quantum+ (Power level) L. in addition, the substance continues to burn the target at 1/2 damage for (Power level) subsequent turns.

Review and critique.

I disagree that Mega-Wits' enhancements are any less powerful than mega-dex infact I'd say they were equal overall, in somecases superior; extra actions, boosted initiative, etc rocks! ::wink

Extra's don't have a Quantum minimum, the point is to call on them when you have to ie. Maxing out your powers, and the increased cost should make up for them not having a Qmin. I really like Lethal and Will Shredder but the rest can be done already, using a standard Max or extra purchase.

Noxious Bile is good for a level 1 power, probably alittle too powerful but too weak for a level 2. However, it does have the burning extra as part of it, making me think it should possibly be a level 2 power, just a thought.

Also, I can see Adaption protecting against it after the first round, how about this for an extra;

Mutation: The projected toxin, constantly changes, making it very difficult for anything to get an accurate sample of it and also prevents such powers as Adaption from resisting it. Mutation also adds an additional round of damage.

EDIT: Grammar & extra.

My players used this twice in one session as a Max for their QBolts and Claws, didn't think it required a writeup but what the hell.

Interchangeable Damage: Allows a damaging power to switch damage types from Bashing to Lethal and vise versa. When used on a power that has varying damage ratings for Bashin and Lethal, such as a Quantum Bolt or Immolate, the damage caused by the power uses those those ratings if a power doesn't, like Claws, then the damage dice are doubled when switching from Lethal to Bashing*. When switching from Bashing to lethal, if there is no set rating then the damage effect is halved (rounded up). When purchased with xp it allows the nova to change the damage types at will.

*I'll go through the book later and see which powers this makes too powerful and will change it accordingly

I'm thinking of allowing this for those with Disintegration so they can Max down to deal lethal damage.

concerning aggravated and piercing.

Certain power (like Immolate), have their own particular rules interpretations when adding the usually standard extras of "aggaravated, armor piercing, Burning, etc.) i felt the mental powers (Like Mental Blast) would require a different mechanic than what the standard version of the extra would create.

With the Quantum minimums for an extra, I am taking into account that when you buy a power with a extra, it is always on ( you can't have AP Claws, then decide not to use the AP). In many ways, this makes an effectively new power. I think having a minimum quantum reflects that a nova must have sufficient raw power to master such advanced techniques. If your primary use of extra's is as Maxing Stunts, then feel free to ignore the Quantum minimums.

Noxious Bile : In my original writeup for Noxious Bile, it was a level 2 power. and the damage code was Quantum+ ( 2xPower Level) Lethal, with the burning effect. I then felt it was a little too weak for level 2 ( considering the power of a quantum bolt. i reduced the damage to bring it more in line with level 1. I still am not certain which version is more accurate. But i like the Mutation extra.

and on the issue of getting Claws to inflict non-lethal damage, i have this one.

Impact

Level: 1

Quantum Minimum: 1

Dice Pool: N/A

Range: Self

Duration: Maintenance

Effects: Enhances character’s close combat damage.

Multiple Actions: Yes

Descriptions: This power enhances the kinetic force of the Nova’s kicks and punches. Each level of Impact adds 2 automatic levels of Bashing damage to the Nova’s hand to hand attacks. This power cannot be used with powers and enhancements that convert bashing damage into lethal.

RE: Noxious Bile

Very appropriate for a level one power. Note that it is a strong level 1, but it is still only level 1. The only problem I have with this is there would have to be a specific ruling for dealing with taking the extra Aggravated for it. Like Claws, it should only be doing {level} dice.

RE: Untouchable

There are several problems with this.

1) First of all, it needs to be either Mega-Dex or Mega-Wits (not either). Probably it should be M-Dex, since that is "dodge".

2) The effect is VERY strong, way too strong for the points. Very few powers increase other people's difficulties to hit. This enhancement works like activated SuperHeavy Armor.

3) I still see no reason why it should work if the character is tied up and unconscious.

Example: After a night of [Censored] with his girlfriend, Joe Nova has drunk himself into a coma and is tied to the bed so he can't move. His Church of MA girlfriend decides to kill him, but fortunately for Joe, he has Mega-Wits 5 and Untouchable. Even though he can't move or think, since she only has three attack dice his girlfriend CAN'T hit him. After trying to cut him with a knife for several hours, she gives up.

4) There is a reason the game developers didn't create this kind of enhancement. If you feel the need to, I suggest you limit it to giving a bonus to dodge dice.

Suggestion: This enhancement costs 1 q per combat round, and grants the character a bonus of one half the character's Mega-Dex (round up) in normal dice to his dodge roll for the entire round.

RE: Mind Blast + Aggravated

We already have rules for Aggravated. AGG damage only bypasses SOAK, not defenses. Mind Blast + AGG would do {Attack Succ + [Q]}. It would also bypass Psi-Shield soak (unless the victim had Hardbody). What it would not bypass is willpower succ, including the willpower autosucc you get from Psi-Shield. Note that Psi-Shield grants 2 auto-willpower-succ AND 2 soak against Mind-Blast.

I don't mind the idea of a house rule saying the Aggravated extra is Q5 min, but the default rules say otherwise.

Mental Blast + Lethal

I like it, but without house rules it is very inferior to Aggravated.

Mental Blast + Piercing

I don't see the need for an increased Q-min. Since Psychic Shield effectively reduces damage by 4 per dot against Mental Blast this "Piercing" extra is powerful, probably too powerful. The defenses against Mental Blast are rare enough that I would allow it. If you don't like dealing with Psy-Shield then buy disrupt.

Mental Blast + Will Shredder -

Now this has potential. (Although the Developers banned this effect from Q-Vampire as too powerful).

I'm not sure that a one for one reduction in Willpower is fair, it seems a bit harsh.

Also I'm not sure that there needs to be an effect other than the loss of willpower.

2) The effect is VERY strong, way too strong for the points. Very few powers increase other people's difficulties to hit. This enhancement works like activated SuperHeavy Armor.

Actually the closest power it resembles (mechanically speaking) is Gravity Control: Gravitic Shield. Since enhancements cost the same to buy as a level 2 power and Gavitic Sheild can be purchased as a level 2 power I don't see the issue. The overall effect of a level 1 GS is a +1 to difficulty, for either power to reach +3 it will cost 9NP/21XP (if purchased as a level 2, 15NP/30XP @level 3) for GS, and 15NP/56XP for Invulnerable with Mega Dex 5. Since someone is paying soo much more for the same effect I don't have a problem with making it permanent.

Suggestion: This enhancement costs 1 q per combat round, and grants the character a bonus of one half the character's Mega-Dex (round up) in normal dice to his dodge roll for the entire round.

I simply don't want it to add to dodge dice because dodging requires an action, deffeating the purpose of this enhancement. The purpose is to be able to move into combat without being shredded or it taking half an hours worth of dodging to get there.

I didn't have super soak characters in mind when recreating Untouchable, it's for the 'daredevil' type, the fast, agile, yet vulnerable characters who if hit will most likely leave a red pattern on the wall. I wanted an innate deffence for them that didn't require 4 tons of armour plating, and a set of shields along with whatever other powered deffence.

Archived