Aberrant RPG - Your Favourite Superheroes

CHILL

I've already tackled Batman elsewhere so now I'll turn my attention to everyones favourite web slinger, your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman.

so, Spidey's powers:

1. Spider sense.

2. Proportionate speed and strength of a spider.

3. Wall crwaling.

4. Web slinging.

Solutions:

1. Premonition.

2. Mega Dex & Str.

3. This is the only one I couldn't find a power to represent it but it'd be easy enough to create.

4. Web shooters could be gadgets or if you wanted the webs to come from your Spidey use Matter creation

and thats that.

WOLVERINE

1. Claws (Adamantium then Bone and back to Adamantium)

2. Regeneration on a fast scale and always on

3. Enhanced Sense of smell (Nose, not him) & Hearing

4. Fast Agile & Strong

Aberant conversion

1. Claws

2. Mega Stamina with the regeneration enhancment or a power to mimic it although a piont or 2 in mega stamina, he is a tough little dude

3. Mega Perception with Bloodhound and Hyper Enhanced hearing

4. And a couple of Dots in Mega Dex and Mega Strength

He also needs to spend some on his martial arts skills and Japanese family background and a lot on Cipher as he was a secret agent at one point

:Yin Yang

• 1 month later...

Been working on converting Marvel characters to Aberrant and have come up with a few so far.

Spider-Man

Nature: Martyr

High Wits score. Come on he crackswise with the best of them.

Engineering and Science are atleast three (He did build his web shooters and invent web fluid when he was 15)

High Willpower is a must. He faces a lot of adverity in his life and doesn't let it break him.

Mega-Strenght 2 (Quantum Leap-Simulates webslinging)

Mega-Dexterity 2 (Cat-footed)

Body Modification Adhesive Grip

Intuition (Premonition needs activation while intuition is automatic as is his spider sense.)

Webshooter Abilites:

Body Modification Tendril (Tendril can simulate a towline and a swingline)

Immobilize (good old stickin some a person to a wall and what not)

Matter Creation (For any sort of left over objects he makes with webbing ie clothing bag, paracute, catapault.)

Daredevil

Nature: Not sure most likely Martyr or Caregiver

Dexterity and Dex related abilites are major priority (He is an olympic level gymnast and accomplished martial artist)

High ability scores for academics, and bureaucray (top flight lawyer) investigation, intimidation, interrogation, streetwise (street vigilante)

High willpower (man without fear)

Mega-Perceptions of at least 3 with the following enhancemenst: Analytical taste/touch, Blind Fighting (duh!), Bloodhound, hyperenhanced hearing, ultarperipheral perception, and quantum attunement.

Mega-Wits of 1 with the enhancement Lie Detector.

The Hulk

Nature: Suvivior

High Intelligence with a 4 in science other intelligence abilites should be high.

Dormancy of 5

Attunement of 1 (those purple pants)

Allies of 2 (Rick Jones super sidekick and Doc Samson)

Low willpower (this guy is always losing his temper)

Buy the mega strength and mega stamina tainted to create the monsterous hulk form.

All the Mega Strength enhancements and most of the Mega Stamina ones.

Armor is also probably a good idea with the Superheavy extra.

Captain America

Nature: Paragon

All physical attributes should be 5 as should most of the abilities.

High Charisma is a must.

High Willpower

allies of 5, influence of 4 and Gadget of 5 (the sheild) Backing would also be good too.

No real powers per se. Havn't come up with rules for the Sheild yet.

Iron Man

Let's see, he'd be on the run from PU's Techno Police. The Teragen would court him as a recruit - probably through either Synapse or The Mathematician - but would be offended by this "monkey in a tin suit" and try to eliminate him as a threat to Novus. During the battle, he would errupt (gaining Quantum control over his suit) and escape. His only refuge now becomes contacting an old girlfriend... one Sophia Rousseau.

The Silver Surfur

Uh. Yeah. Conversion. Hmmm.

How about "Divas Mal grows a concience and moves to Maui?"

Some things just dont convert. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Jack Hawksmoore "King of Cities" of The Authority:

Let's see... he's reconstructed by beings from the future to control cities as enormous battle-craft. He can control cities, including the inhabitants, buildings, streets... He feeds on pollution. He can travel between any major cities in less than an hour. He can't exist outside a city for more than 15 minutes, or so, and he's physically connected to any city he visits so heavy damage to buildings or infrastructure would cause damage to him as well. Apparently he can "talk" to cities as well.

This would be something close to Elemental Mastery: cities, with Mastery 1 or 2. Transmit between cities. Pretercognition (only within a city) and ESP (same limitation). Intuition (when in a city) because he would probably know everything going on around him or be told about it by the city. A bunch of Mega-attributes (pretty much all of them to various degrees) and some bodymodifications to reflect his alien physionomy.

I wouldn´t give Wolverine any Mega-strength at all; honestly, can you see him benchpressing cars?

Also, he´d be limited to Mega-Dex 1, as I can´t picture him sidestepping bullets either.

Aberrant characters are usually much more powerful than a lot of comic book characters; this is such a case.

Aberrant, of course, has a flexible enough system to simulate anything, so I decided to tackle something tough:

Mega Man (You know, Mega Man. The video game character. Come on!)

I mean, the basics are a snap. His arm cannon is a quantum bolt. (Oh, and he has a really low soak, hence the one-shot kills.)

But what about his gimmick, his ability to use the powers of enemies he's killed?

Simple: shapeshift. Mechanically speaking, shapeshift is really just the power to simulate other powers. the limitation on a Mega Man-style character would be that he can only simulate powers of novas that he has killed.

This got me thinking on character possibilities. What if there was a nova who went around killing other novas, and then devouring their M-R Nodes to steal their power? Makes a great antagonist, or even a PC!

I'd allow players to put nova points into gadgets of their choice, to simulate powers. Gadgets can be destroyed, lost or stolen. This is compensated for by the fact that gadgets don't have minimum Quantum level requirements. Please note that these are my own ideas on how to do gadgets and not in any way based on the official rules:

Captain america's shield: Armor (impervious) 3, Claws (kinetic discharge) 5, Deflect/redirect 5

Iron Man's armour: Armor 5, Immolate 4, Quantum Bolt 5, Flight 4, Hyperflight 4, Mega-perception 3, Mega-strength 2

I remember another favourite superhero of mine: Daredevil.

Maxed normal attributes, plenty of abilities too. Quantum 3. Mega-dexterity (accuracy, physical prodigy, catfooted) 3, Mega-stamina (durability) 2, Mega-perception (ultrasensitive taste/touch, blind fighting, bloodhound, hyperenhanced hearing, ultraperipheral perception) 4, Mega-intelligence (investigative genius) 1, Mega-wits (enhanced initiative, lie detector, multitasking, natural empath, quickness) 3

I know DD isn't supposed to have superhuman reflexes and such but I don't think maxed out normal attributes are quite enough to fully represent his speed and agility.

I don't think Batman, Captain America or the Punisher could be made as super-normals either if they are going to be anything like in the comics.

I must agree. The Adventure rules are able to simulate most effects for the superhuman "neutral." I would use them, or just use "Nova" powers to simulate. Comics have a physics of their own.

And I think I would give Wolverine some differant stats, namly in Claws. He would need Claws, Armor Piercing, at high levels. Than he is nasty! His Regeneration would realy be one of the few things he pays for, so I would have him pay for it normaly, as heven he runs low on steam at time, and can't heal 24/7. Maybe Quantum Regeneration with an advantage that it works even when ussing his "healing factor."

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the ones I converted were from the X-Men 2099 team.  Spider-Dude and Wolveroony are so dreadfully common, donchaknow?  :)

Xian Chi Xan / the Desert Ghost - had Disintigration (weakness to range, down to touch, strength to reduced cost and / or increased damage effect) and Healing, as well as one level of Mega-Dexterity and a ton of skill in stuff like Athletics and Martial Arts, as well as Charisma, Diplomacy, Stealth and various crime / persuasion skills.

Meanstreak - Mega-Dexterity 2 to 4 (Enhanced Movement, Fast Tasks), Hypermovement: Run, Mega-Stamina 1 (Regeneration), Mega-Wits 2 or 3 (Quickness, Enhanced Initiative), Computer / Electronics skills at 5.

Bloodhawk - Mega-Strength 1, Mega-Dexterity 1, Mega-Stamina 3 (Adaptability), Mega-Perception 1 (Bloodhound, Enhanced Vision) and Bodymorph 3 (Solid, into Winged and Clawed and Scaled humanoid, with Flight, Claws and Armor at 1 each)

La Lunatica - Mega-Strength 2, Mega-Dexterity 1, Mega-Stamina 2, Armor 1, Mega-Perception 1 (?), Stun Attack 3 (weakness: range decreased to touch, strength: extra dice of effect), extreme levels of babe-ishness.

Spiderman. he the man and so easy to make, few point of dex and some mega dex, point or two mega strength, Eufibre with the weave ability(weblines) and throw in intuition, also the body modification ability that allows them to stick to walls. also i already built three of the avengers (Thor, Cap america and the vision) there the easiest ones to do by far.

Vindicator

• 1 month later...

Okay, how about the silver surfer?

Massive taint, with abberations of that silver skin, armour, mega strength, stamina, dexterity, matter creation, forcefield, flight, space flight,

or someone odd Like Donna Mia

Wings, Mega Apperance 4/5 with all the enhancements, Mega Strength, Stamnia, Stealth and wings.

That's not what this is about. This is about testing the limits of the Aberrant system by checking if it can be used to recreate certain predefined effects. And to prove how geeky we are by being able to argue convincingly about who would win in a fight between superman or the hulk.

• 3 weeks later...

What about the Guyver?

Superheavy armour, Mega Str, Mega Dex, Mega Sta, Mega App (for Face of Terror), 3 or 4 q bolt varients with Quantum Inferno and Gravity Manipulation

Or one of my favorates Ryoko from Tenchi Myo

Armour, All Mega Attribues except intelligence, manipulation, clone, density decrease, forcefield, flight, quantum construct, Claws, quantum bolt,

In honor of what may one of the greatest movies ever made, here is my version of Spider-Man with 30NP:

Nova Name: Spider-Man

Archetype: Nobody

Nature/Demeanor: Paragon/Jester

-----------------------------------------------------------

Str          3          Per             4         App              3

Dex         5          Int             4         Man              2

Sta         4          Wit             5         Cha              3

Might         3       Endurance     3         Science        3

Athletics     5       Resistance     3         Arts            3

Martial Arts 3       Awareness     5         Intimidation   3

Stealth       3       Academics     3         Etiquette     3

Cipher        3                                     Willpower  9

Eufiber       5                                     Quantum   2

Resources   1                                     Taint       0

M-Str 1 (Quantum Leap)

M-Dex 2 (Physical Prodigy)

M-Sta 2 (Resiliency)

Bodymorph: Adhesive Grip

Bodymorph: Tendril [6m]

Intuition: 4

I'd like to buy Immobilize; but w/ only 30NP's sacrifices must be made.

Tell me what you think.

Superman vs. the Hulk? Oh please. No offense to the jolly green giant, but I'd generally back the man from Krypton. Let's see; super-speed, super-strength, heat vision, flight, invulnerability, superior senses vs. . .the guy who gets really strong when mad. C'mon now. . .who are we kidding. The guy with the purple pants and lack of personal pronouns is going down like Jacques Cousteau.  :sly

-Defender.

Archived