Aberrant: Mutant High - [ST-Dave] Trouble In Times Square

Dave ST

The night had played out like any other, a long day of classes a rather drab and boring dinner followed by a few hours of lying back before it was time for bed. It was one of those nights. You know, that night where no matter what do or try there’s just nothing to do. Three hundred movies and not a thing you want to watch. Over one hundred video games and not a thing you want to play. Internet? Sure, but no one’s hanging out in your favorite chat room this evening.

The commons was silent save for the large OLCD television providing the grandest picture of the least amount of interesting television FOX had to offer this evening. Bored out of his mind Kazuo clicked on the remote, one channel after another. Frank sat lazily on the opposite end of the couch, just as bored and losing hope that anything would be found to watch. Ren was talking to Jamie at a small table by the window, which was common for him; he seemed to a guy who always had someone or something needing his attention. Revenant sat over by the wall scrawling something in his journal as was common for him.

Morri however wasn’t there for any particular reason than to spend a few moments ‘people watching’ in an attempt to gain better understanding of people and hopefully her place among them. She really couldn’t have picked a worse night…

An explosion suddenly caught the attention of everyone in the room. All heads suddenly shot over to the direction of the OLCD screen. It appeared Kazuo had found something interesting to watch…

“We are live on the scene,” a pretty news reporter almost yelled into her microphone as she ducked low and pressed an earbud into her ear. “Again, we are live in Times Square where an anti-mutant protest has turned violent with local pro-mutant activists over the recent Dreadnought Initiative announced by President Obama just earlier this morning!”

The camera wavered as another impact shook the ground. A car flew through the air and landed into a small crow of people, crushing and killing several almost instantly. A mammoth of a man, eight feet tall and bulging with muscles laughed as the vehicle skidded to a halt in a shower of bloody sparks. There appeared to be other mutants present, only a few, their features obscured by dust and debris, but they were no less relentless in their abuse of any local citizen who came within reach of their abilities.

“Authorities have been altered but so far gas, live ammunition and negotiations,” every mutant present in the commons room of LHA noticed how ‘negotiations’ came last in her sentence. It was the perfect spin and the media was popular for it. They’d claim that the authorities tried talking down the mutants before killing them, they just failed to mention that they shot first and talked down later. “A stalemate has been reached but thus far the local authorities have been unable to reach national authorities to resolve this issue without further civilian casualties!”

“Oh, God.” Jamie said softly, horrified by the spectacle. The young warper covered her mouth in shock. “They’re going to blame us all for their stupidity.”

Kazuo hated nights like this, nothin' to do, and not a goddamned thing on, except some fuckin' protest rally about something he didn't understand and didn't really care about. Some of the shit they were talking about did sound sorta familiar, like maybe a teacher'd been talking about it in one of his classes or something - one of the really boring ones...

The other kids seemed to know what the hell this was all about though, so he turned to look around at them and asked, "Oy. Whatsa 'Drednot Initiative'? An' why's this dumbass oni-lookin' motherfucker an' all his little friends so pissed off about it?"

"Do you ever fucking read the news, Cyclops?" Ren asked lackadaisically. That earned him a nasty and reproving look from Jamie.

He shrugged defensively back at her, then turned his head slightly to add. "Anti-mutant legislation. And that right there," he pointed at the big screen. "is the kind of bullshit that makes it possible. Fuckwad grows some green skin and thinks he's the hulk and starts tearing shit up, and the rest of us pay for it."

"Ren." Jamie chided.

"What? It's true as hell. You think Conrad Whatshisface and the rest of those goons in suits give a shit if you only cross when the light is green? Fucking ay, Jamie."

"REN. I don't like that language."

"Yeah. Okay. But," Ren stabbed his finger at the TV screen a few more times. "that's why we're all gonna wind up staring out of electrified fences and drinking nettle soup and wishing we'd been as lucky as that freak Mark, living off caterpillars in the fucking woods."

"You're hopeless." Jamie shook her head.

"I'm realistic." He corrected mildly.

"Cuz the news sucks. Anyways, why should I when yer sittin' right there an' can tell me all about it, ya pussy-whipped little shit?" Kazuo's language as he spoke to Ren was pretty harsh, but his expression was disinterested and mild.

He listened as Ren ranted for a couple of seconds, and then turned back to the television set, looking bored. Kazuo was pissed at what he saw on the television set, and in principle at least he agreed with Ren, but he was just as pissed off at the douchebag mutants killing people on national television as he was at whatever this 'Dreadnought' anti-mutant legislation was. And anyway, what the hell was he supposed to do about any of this shit?

Tired of watching people die violently on live television while the news reporter on the scene tried not to look too excited about it, Kazuo started flipping channels again, hoping to find a good movie or something.

"Grass hops better," Morri said suddenly. She'd been having trouble following the conversation, but the talk of sustainable food had caught her brain. As the others blinked at her, she said, "Cata Pills squishy. Grass hops have good taste, strong crunch."

Her eyes turned back to the television, even though Kazuo had flipped away from the news. She thought of herself, in the wilds of Africa, killing and hurting. She thought of the big mutant who had stopped her. He'd taken that some of the blood off of her hands when he'd done so.

"Where way to Times Square? Math room?" They talked about squares in math, surely that was right.

Ren stared at Morri for a long moment, then shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Cyclops, put it back on, man. Maybe you and Special Ed over there can learn something."

Jamie reached discretely under the table give Ren's side a strong pinch.

"Ahh!" Ren abruptly straightened. He locked eyes with Jamie, who looked unflinchingly back at him, then slowly settled back into his slouch.

"Times Square is in New York," Jamie patiently explained.

Morri scowled. She knew that New York was far away from here. She needed a car to get there before things were done. "Need car," she said, as if this were the most normal request in the world. "Need go." She waved in the general direction of the TV.

There could be no mistake - the obvious mutant wanted to drive into the heat of a mutant-caused riot and try to stop other mutants from hurting humans. It was crazy, but then so was the red-eyed girl.

Kazuo ignored the annoying Korean kid and kept right on flipping through the channels, trying to find something cool on. He smirked and chuckled when Jaime pinched Ren though.

Kazuo's smirk turned into a large grin as he listened to Morri's craziness, and when she was done he said, "Ya don't need a car ta get there, Morri."

When she looked at him with a confused look on her face, he grinned mischievously and explained, "Just ask Jaimie, Morrie. She could getcha there right now."

Frank sat farthest away from the television, quiet and unobtrusive. The news was making him sick, and only partly because of the violence and death. Anti-mutant sentiment had never affected him until so recently. He had taken it for granted his whole life that mutants were dangerous, savage freaks that needed to be controlled or put down. He had never known any, nor known anyone who knew any. Mutation just didn't happen in the suburbs.

Then it turns out that Frank is one. Shame, guilt, embarrassment, horror, loathing. His parents still loved him, but were probably traumatized by the guilt and shame that they had spawned a mutie freak. At the same time, he disappointed them, couldn't be the kid they had wanted. He knows it's not really his fault, but the feelings are still there. There is also the feeling of being a victim. We're victims of chance, just as if we were hurt by a natural disaster, but there's no sympathy for us. We deserve sympathy, some compassion. Why was none of this apparent until after becoming?

The mutants on TV, in New York City, were they once normal? Do they remember what it was like, how they felt about mutants? Maybe they do. Maybe that's making them angrier.

Now Frank practically didn't know anyone except mutants, and they're the same as everyone else for the most part, just often with built-in concealed weapons... Was Frank the only kid in the room raised in America? How are mutants treated in other countries? A couple of these kids are Asian. Are mutants treated the same over there? Do these kids remember how they felt about mutants before they found out about themselves?

When Kazuo changed the channel, Frank opened his mouth to ask him to change it back, but closed it again. The scarred boy was intimidating, and Ren started to argue with him anyway.

Trying to go to NYC immediately seemed like a very bad idea, especially conspicuously by teleporting in with glowing eyes while the authorities are so trigger-happy. We do mostly look normal, though. Maybe if Morri wore my hat and sunglasses...but no, that's so risky.

Frank leaned forward in his seat and continued to listen to everyone.

Jamie, who'd been comfortably snuggled against Ren, scowled at Kazuo and closed her eyes. "We're not the Super Friends," she mumbled. "I'm not 'porting anybody into something like that. It'd be suicide." And maybe if everyone stopped talking about it she could get to work in pretending it wasn't happening at all.

Morri frowned, her eyes narrowing at the semi-somnolent girl. Moving quietly, she stood and stopped in front of Jamie. "Not friends. Not super." Her hands knotted up into fists as she struggled to explain why Jamie had to take her.

"I once butcher," she said, her red eyes intense and not-at-all blank. "Monster stopped me, rescue me from me. Now, I must be monster, to stop them butchers. Take me to Clock-"

"Times," Kazuo interjected, trying not to laugh.

"Times Square," Morri insisted. "If you not take, find another who will. You only waste time then. Only waste life." She stared at the warper, willing her with all the passion she couldn't clearly express to do what was necessary.

Jamie's eyes flickered open. "Are. You. Serious." She stared at Morri in blank disbelief. "If you want to take your life into your own hands, fine, whatever. But I'm not helping you." She sat up, crossing her arms obstinately, and glared back into Morri's red eyes with all she was worth.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things," Warren's journal shut with the 'thump' as he stood up. Morri's words, broken as they may have been reminded him of something he'd read while in the Facility. "To win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat. Theodore Roosevelt"

"Morri is right." He approached Jamie and noticed how Ren tensed up a bit, wondering if the though guy was going to cause problems for the couple. "They're hurting innocent people, Jamie. You can just turn your back on that? Look guys, I'm all for a fight every now and then, but I'm not going to go start rolling over first graders just because I have a wild hair up my ass one day. That's what those guys are doing there right now, those people are powerless to stop them and they're hurting them just because they can."

"So, Jamie, save Morri and me the trip, open us a portal and we'll get back on our own." His gaze was calm but determined. "Sure, we might get our asses kicked, or worse, but at least we can say we saw a means of fixing a problem and we took it," he looked to the couch. "Not sat on our asses and watched TV because we were to chicken shit to get into a little scrap and save a lot of kids from waking up tomorrow with no mothers or fathers."

He looked to Morri and half grinned. "Good call, Red."

"Name Morri," she informed him, wondering how he could forget her name within seconds of addressing her with it. She still gave him a comrade's nod as another monster joined the growing battle. She turned to look at Jamie, her expression expectant. It was her choice to go and fight, to die or live, to win or lose. She'd had no choice in being a butcher, but now, she would choose monster every time.

"Idea bad." Ren told Morri with a quirk of his lips that might have been a smile. "Good not." He put a hand on Jamie's shoulder and turned to elaborate for Revenant.

"Listen, Columbine, what exactly do you think is gonna happen if Jamie here pops a portal and you all go tumbling into the middle of mutie massacre? Hmm? I mean, nice speach and all, but do you think the SWAT team's gonna care that you and Special Ed are battling the bad guys?" Ren's incrutable expression gave way to a silly face. "Hey, cool more mutants to shoot at...that's what's gonna happen. And I dunno about you and Maurie or whatever, but I'm sure as shit not bullet proof."

Ren turned toward Jamie with mock seriousness. "Jamie, are you bullet-proof?"

Warren held up a finger. "First, you call me Columbine one more time, I break your nose."

He held up a second finger. "Second, then stay here. I'll open one for us." He looked to Jamie. "Look, I'm not asking you to fight with us or even take responsibility for me walking through, you ain't a fighter and hey, that's cool. I'm not asking for heroism from you, just a one way door. We'll do the rest." He motioned between himself and Morri.

Gently he placed his hand on her shoulder. "Jamie, people are getting hurt, and we have a means of stopping that. We'll level the playing field, they can't defend themselves, we can."

"First, touch her again and I'll rip your fucking nuts off and make you eat them." Ren held up a finger, his middle finger.

"Second," Ren held up his other middle finger, "you're only gonna make things worse, because you're a fucking punk kid who thinks he's fucking Batman. So fuck off and let the dumb psycho muties get themselves killed."

Warren rolled his eyes. It was cute the way Ren was trying to play bad ass, but his mind was on other matters. "I don't have time for this." He muttered softly.

Jamie felt the slightest shock between her and him as Warren removed his hand. His flesh cracked and popped and tendons and ligaments reshaped themselves. His hair became matted and oily and dark rings appeared below his eyes like he hadn't slept in days. His body collapsed inward as his skin was pulled tight over his bones and within seconds, to Jamie's horror and all those present, Revenant was a bleak ,dark, vile looking reflection of Jamie herself.

"Thank you." He said with a grin, his voice sounded like her but there was a shrill echo underneath it. "So it's Morri and me? Anyone else want in on this?"

"That's fuckin' gross, dude", said Kazuo in disgust as he watched Warren twist and change into a darkly-reflected Jaimie.

Personally, Kazuo'd been more than ready to just forget about the whole mess and find something else to watch on TV. But that didn't seem destined to be. Kazuo made one mistake and asked what the hell 'Dreadnought' was, and 'Kim Duk Dong' over by the window uses it as an excuse to show everyone how (*cough*opinionated*cough*) well-educated he is, talking about how stupid the mutants on the news actually were. Which - seriously - thanks for that little bit of enlightenment, Kid-Buddha. Where would the world be without your wisdom?

Then Morri gets a hair up her ass to go fight with the chuckle-heads causing the ruckus on the news. Big surprise there. Whereas a lot of girls will drown their problems in chocolate and ice cream, Morri would just hit them - repeatedly. It hadn't happened yet, but Kazuo kept expecting to find the bathroom mirror shattered some morning because Morri got into a fight with her own reflection after her hair refused to be cooperative. He figured it was just a matter of time.

And finally 'Spaghetti-Bomber' Warren pipes up with quotations from dead presidents and other melodramatic bullshit, all designed to convince them that they should want to rush headlong into that mess in Times Square and save the day, or to feel guilty about the fact that most of them didn't. Kazuo found this annoying because he already knew all that shit, and he just didn't care. Kazuo let people treat him like the scary-but-stupid tough guy all the time because it suited his purposes, but he was more than capable of putting two and two together and he knew what the score was in New York. He just didn't give a shit.

So to sum up: Kazuo knew exactly what was happening in New York and wasn't letting it bother him any more than any other pack of idiots fighting with each other for no apparent reason in some part of the world where Kazuo wasn't; Morri had no idea what was going on, aside from the fact that people were getting hurt and she wanted to stop it - which Kazuo had to admit was sorta cool; Warren knew exactly what was going on and he still wanted to go there and stop it - Kazuo wasn't sure what to think about that; and Ren and Jaimie were both saying that they cared about what was happening but that it was stupid to go and try to stop it. Which was total hypocritical bullshit. What they were really saying was, 'it sucks that those people are getting hurt and all, but if we step into the middle of all that we'll probably just get hurt ourselves, and maybe even killed, and no way are we risking are necks for any of them'. Or to paraphrase, 'better them than us'.

And frankly, that was an opinion that Kazuo could've respected, and maybe even agreed with - if they'd just come right out and said as much. The fact that they were trying to disguise it by acting 'mature' and 'responsible' (not to mention condescending) annoyed Kazuo more and more as the argument went on.

Maybe it was his annoyance with Ren and Jaimie that made Kazuo change his mind, and maybe it was just because he was really stinkin' bored, but when Warren asked who else was coming he found himself getting up from the couch and tossing the remote onto the cushions and saying, "I'll come. The way you two fight, yer gonna need someone to watch yer backs."

With a wry grin he added, "'Sides, there's nothin' good on the tube anyway."

Getting the one-eyed kid to watch your back... Ren couldn't help snickering...once he'd finished swallowing back the vomit in his mouth that Revenant's transformation had occasioned. That was pretty indicative of the genius planning behind 'Operation Self-Righteous Douchebag' as he liked to think of it.

"There is now..." Ren answered Kazuo as he went over to the couch and retrieved the remote. He changed the channel back to the news station covering the attack in the middle of Times Square, leaned his arms over the top of the couch and then looked expectantly at the three would-be heroes, though he avoided eye-contact with the hideous Jamie-like abomination.

"Have fun storming the castle." The voice was not Ren's, though it came from his mouth. The voice was Billy Cristal's. Not an impersonation but the exact same voice of Miracle Max from the Princess Bride.

Frank stayed silent and still, thoughts chasing each other in his head. It's interesting that only the freak-shows in the room wanted to go fight other freak-shows in the city. It's too bad that Morri is one of them. She doesn't seem able to fully predict the consequences of actions. The other two don't have excuses that I know of. Getting in a televised brawl between killers and cops legally endangers the school and would certainly lead to expulsion. That Warren kid is waaay messed up. Seriously disgusting, Jesus Christ. What the fuck kind of mutation is that?

Cold rage ran through Morri's body. It wasn't that Ren was mocking her. Morri didn't mind words; they didn't hurt. Or they hadn't hurt, until today, when they were used to deride what she knew she must do. Why would he be so mean about her doing what she'd said she must do? What right did he have to tell her no?

Then Revenant fixed all that with a simple touch. Morri wasn't sure what he'd done, but was willing to trust that he wanted the same goal that she did. Morri's eyes widened at what Warren had become, but his appearance didn't bother her so much as the transformation itself. She hadn't seen that before, and was surprised by it.

She didn't really expect anyone else to go, so when Kazuo stood up and announced his intentions to go, Morri flashed him a smile. It was the closest thing that any of them at seen to a real smile from her; for her part, if was spontaneous. She'd been really happy that her roommate had offered to come, and it showed - until Ren took it away again.

With a growl that seemed at least half-animal, she glanced at Frank, remembering him from the cafeteria. When he didn't move or join them, her look changed to disdain. "Do nothing, kill people with lazy fear. Now, die guilty," she hissed to those staying behind. Turning, she looked at Revenant, waiting for him to make this happen.

Frank was surprised at Morri's glance and chastisement. His initial reaction was that she was being overly simplistic, overly judgmental and continually unthinking. But, her statement reminded him of Azimov's Three Laws, the first of which was that a robot may not, by action or inaction, allow a human to be harmed. Now, we aren't robots, and that isn't a great analogy to this situation, but there is a relevance in the moral obligation to help other people if you can. No, the analogy is not very good. The risks are high here, and self-preservation was a relatively low priority for robots compared to people. It is okay to not help people if your own life is at risk.

The news was back on, thanks to Ren. So much destruction and killing, but not very sophisticated. Gross assaults by the mutants, authorities shooting towards the obvious threats. News helicopters provided helpful footage of the streets from the air. Some of the more frequent civilian casualties were due to trampling as the mobs try to evacuate. Injured people who can't get away. Helpless victims of other people's drives for self-preservation. That's more like what I'm doing. And I am not such a weak person anymore that my survival could not be assured without neglecting others. I am stronger now than the members of the trampling mobs. There are large sections of streets absent of combat, but still residence to people needing help. There are opportunities for me to do something useful without endangering my life or the school. And I look normal. I think I would be alright. Frank repeated that thought to himself a few more times.

He stood up hesitantly. "I would go, but not to fight, just to help people get to safety." He gestured towards the television, then addressed Warren. "Do you have a plan besides 'Go there and fight'? It would be best to arrive discreetly."

• 1 month later...

The ghoulish teen looked to Frank and smirked. "Course I got a plan. Those guys are Ragnorok, I recognize the big guy. They're street mutants, like me. I can probably talk em' down. This'll be easy."

With a bit of a strain Warren closed his eyes and focused on their destination. Jamie, although still learning her power, was vastly superior in her skill with it over the soul thief vagrant. She could have already had the portal open where Warren had to call on a bit more focus.

There was a purple crackle of energy a few steps from him and then the space in front of him suddenly yawned open with a deathly shriek that sounded as if he'd opened the gates of Avernus. The opposite side of the portal was blank, no one could see, upon stepping through, where it would take them.

On the television screen, under the massive big screen in Times Square a portal yawned open and the three remaining mutant trouble makers turned to see what was going on.

Warren stepped through the portal and appeared on the other side, his form wavered and shifted and he returned to his normal self...

"That is the opposite of discreet," Frank muttered as he watched Warren appear on the television. Frank only hesitated a second, though, trying to hold on to the momentum of his decision to help out. He didn't want to chicken out all of a sudden. His skin blackened, and his body diffused a little, like fresh ink on wet paper. He jumped through the portal after Warren.

Darkness silently exploded from behind Warren, as if there were such a thing as the opposite of a flash grenade. Everything was obscured within an area that reached halfway towards the NASDAQ, Europa Cafe, and recruitment center. Particularly keen observers might have noticed a dark figure diving under a car on Broadway before the darkness dissipated.

"Shit", muttered Kazuo as he watched Warren appear on the news and realized that was going to be him in a few seconds. Yeah, this was a fantastic way to stay hidden from the Genyosha; appear on national freakin' television. Someone probably should've suggested to Warren that opening the portal right into the middle of all that mess was maybe not the best idea ever, but then again, that someone probably should've been him.

Kazuo sucked on his teeth pensively as Frank stepped through the portal ahead of him as if reconsidering his decision, but then he just shrugged, stuffed his hands into his jacket, and carefully stepped through the freaky-looking portal. Once on the other side he spent a moment rubbing his eyes and assuring himself that Frank's "explosion" of darkness hadn't actually blinded him, and then - once reassured - he took his place casually enough next to Warren.

Morri followed her roommate, wondering what that word he'd said meant. It seemed like a reminder of what they stood for, like his native word for 'courage' or 'bravery'. It had a nice sound to it, and was short enough to be said easily. As Morri entered the eerie portal, she mouthed the word. It helped her to overcome her instincts, which were screaming at her that the hole in the air was dangerous. But the others had done it, even if she didn't connect their presence on the TV with their disappearance and she wasn't going to abandon them.

Once on the other side, she saw Kazuo take his spot, and she did the same on the other side of Warren. Facing the other mutants made her blood rush through her veins with anxiety. But she took her place without hesitation, a warning growl rumbling in her chest.

It was pure anarchy on the opposite end of the portal. The police went abuzz on their radios as everyone thought more mutants had come to join the chaos in Times Square. The intersection was lit up like the day at noon between the lights from the big scree, the choppers, and the vehicle spotlights. In the very wide perimeter around the scene the officers were hunched behind their squad cars, fire arms pointed to fire at a moments notice. The crowd should have been evacuated in the scenario like this one but there were just too many people for the police force to keep away and the national guard sure as hell was taking it's time.

There were three left, the officers had managed to subdue or kill the rest of the mutants who were taking part in the riot but those that remained appeared to be the alphas.

Sumnyr hovered several feet off the ground. His eyes glowed an eerie green and his face was twisted into a visage of malice directed at all the humans around him. He was handsome and well dressed, or was at one point this night before the events had dirtied his immaculate khakis and pressed polo. His short, slightly spiked hair, manicured fingernails and perfectly plucked eyebrows told Kazuo one thing... 'metrosexual'. "Ahh, new comers to our little protest." He chuckled arrogantly. His voice sounded as high-class and expensive as his Italian leather shoes. "Pick a portion of the crowd and begin Brothers! The fools just stand there, their mouths agape in awe at the Gods who've come to replace them as masters of this world!"

The second, Ox, was a face and name that everyone knew rather well, he was the mutants responsible for the death of Director Drumm's wife and daughter a few years ago. Anyone who'd been at the school longer than a week had heard the tale by now. He was nearly eight feet tall of pure muscle. We looked like a Hulk, minus the green. He appeared to be of mixed black/white heritage, had a large platinum chain that had to of cost hundreds of thousands of dollars because the massive medalion that declared him as 'OX' was diamond encrusted. Apparently his days as a rapper hadn't kicked off yet, but at least he had the gear. "Lookidat shit. Makin doors n' all kinds of fancy entrances." He chuckled slightly. "Grab a car toss, they just stand there like idiots!" He picked up a car and proceeded to crush it, grind, bend it and collapse it in on itself with little to know effort at all into a large ball of steel and parts.

Lastly was Nereid, a mutant who seemed to had caught the negative side of the genetic lottery. All of her mutations were obvious for the entire world to see; tiny scales covered her body so fine that they were nearly invisible unless one rubbed their hand across them in the wrong direction. This gave her 'skin' a steel blue hue like that of some marine life. Her eyes were solid black orbs, her hair was long and deep green. A legless and sleeveless black wetsuit preserved her modesty and permitted the spines folded down along her calves and fore arms to not get unnecessarily snagged. She said nothing, her attractive features simply looked upon the arrivals with neutral suspicion.

"Party's over asshats." Revenant started negotiations rather well. "You've had your fun, now blow."

The three alphas turned their attention fully on the new comers now. A battle was in the air and they could all smell it. "And if we want to stay?" Asked Sumnyr, softly and with a measure of confidence.

Revenant grinned. "Then we kick your collective asses."

Sumnyr opened a fist at his side and a green anima shown briefly before Revenant was thrown backward and slammed into a parked squad car. It slid sideways leaving a pair of black skids in the pavement and the door was crushed and folded by the impact. Revenant staggered out from the niche he just created for himself... "Hope Oneca doesn't watch the news. That was embarassin'..."

A nimbus of energy grew around Warren's own hands now as the students each took a more aggressive posture. The alphas were not going to come quietly and the students had no way back home except through them and the angry mob... if there was one thing Warren excelled at, it was getting people into loads of trouble.

Click to reveal..

Initiatives are as follows, if you are tied with someone then which ever name is higher on the list is the one who acts first in the tie. So in this case Kazuo goes before Sumnyr, Morrigan acts before Revenant, etc...

Kazuo - 20

Sumnyr - 20

Morigan - 14

Revenant - 14

Niered - 14

Ouchfest - 11

Ox - 10

Unlimited Energy for this fight, use it like it's free, cuz it is. Morrigan, since your healing is not limited to Mega-Stamina dots and energy is free at the moment, please cap her regenerating at 3 boxes/turn.

Sumnyr - Appears to be building up his energy for something.

Niered - Looks about ready to pounce on Morri...

Ox - Is about to hurl that car at Kazuo, Frank, and Revenant! (it's big enough that it would 'bowl' through the two of them and hit Reven at the car he's staggering by...)

Questions? Ask.

Kazuo blinked and belatedly turned to watch as Warren was sent hurtling into a car. As the shaken teen hauled himself out of the Warren-shaped dent in the car's door Kazuo glanced back at the 'Ragnarockettes' and then turned back to Revenant.

"Yeah, hey, I don't think 'talking them down' is working, dude", said Kazuo with dripping sarcasm. Then, very matter-of-factly, he added, "I think I'm gonna try punchin' the big guy's face in. See if that does the trick. Ok?"

With that Kazuo turned and launched himself at Ox in a high, arcing leap that seemed to take him through the air much faster than it should have. The leap carried him pretty much right into Ox's face, whereupon the scarred Nipponese teen laid into the hulking mutant like a Tasmanian Devil high on Speed and adrenaline.

Click to reveal..
Rolling Wits for Multitasking (last die a mega): (20:39:27) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 6d10 and gets 9,4,5,5,10,7. 4sux total.

Taking 3 actions, all attacks. First is a Hyperspeed Strike, using his mega-dex to offset the added Diff penalty. Second action a basic Strike, and the last action a Sweep. With Multitasking, the penalties for these actions are: -1,-2,-2.

Hyperspeed Strike (Mega used to reduce Diff to +0): (20:43:03) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 7d10 and gets 5,2,3,9,8,9,3. 3sux total.

Strike (last die a mega): (20:43:03) ChatBot: (20:43:30) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 7d10 and gets 5,1,8,5,10,6,3. 2sux total.

Sweep (last die a mega): (20:44:34) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 7d10 and gets 3,10,5,10,5,2,1. 2sux total.

Hyperstrike Damage: (15:38:01) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 8d10 and gets 2,1,4,2,2,9,3,3. Only 1sux out of 8 dice. Lame.

Strike Damage: (15:39:04) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 6d10 and gets 9,2,3,4,9,10. 3sux out of 6 dice.

Sweep Damage: (15:40:08) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 5d10 and gets 6,10,4,7,3. 2sux out of 5 dice.

He's making no attempt to stop Ox from throwing that crunched up car, but then, all three of his attacks are taking place before Ox gets to throw it, and he's hoping that Ox is as slow as he looks and won't be able to dodge all those attacks. Here's hoping for good results! wink

"It pains me to destroy my fellow brothers and sisters," Sumnyr cried out into the Manhattan night. He swooped up, his body spiraling like a cork screw several times until he halted several stories up in the air. The air around him rippled and began to glow greenish. His powers seemed to 'charge' the molecules in the areas around him and then his body body drew it in close to him, collecting it. The more he collected, the brighter and larger his anima became. "But these humans bore me and I will do what I must to anyone who who stands in my way. Nothing personal!"

From his vantage point more and more green energy collected into his body...

On the ground Ox found himself temporarily overwhelmed by the swift onslaught from Kazuo. He staggered as he tried to dodge the blows but everywhere the Goliath went Kazuo's fist or foot was there to meet him. The almost fell with the sweep attack, doing a rather embarrassing little dance in an attempt to keep his balance and in the end was left with both feet planted firmly on the ground but not before dropping the balled up with a loud crunching 'thump' onto the pavement.

"Hey!" Ox bellowed. "Knock that shit off! Ya wanna bounce about with all that chop-suey crap? I'll bounce ya off the walls... c'mere!" With a grunt he lumbered back into the fray, eyes set on Kazuo.

Click to reveal..
Sumnyr is charging an attack! Only those with Flight or Quantum Leap (or who are tossed up that high) can reach him at this point!

The trip attack negated Ox's 'Bowling for Muties' special maneuver, nicely done Kazuo.

Morri, you're up.

Morri saw Nereid preparing to move and the young mutant lept into motion. No one would know that she was terrified as she threw herself into battle with a hair-raising shriek. As she did so, blood ran in rivets down arms, gather into the now-familiar "knives" everyone had seen - some more closely than others.

Three steps and Morri gave a small leap to close the distance, adding the force of her momentum to her blood-weapons. A human would likely have quailed before such a sight; mutants were made of hardier stuff and Nereid merely prepared herself for the attack.

As with her fight with Kazuo, her combat style lacked anything resembling style. She threw herself forward in a flurry of claws and dripping blood and tried to hit her fishy opponent.

Click to reveal..
Note: much of what I described above is for cinematic effect; feel free to let me know if I need to roll for anything.

Wits roll for Multitasking (mega last): 3 sux

3 actions, two with Quickness: 2 attacks (from MT, so -1 and -2 dice respectively), 1 dodge (full pool due to Quickness)

Attack #1 (with AP Claws): 2 sux

Damage: 3 sux, Lethal

Attack #2 (with AP Claws): 1 sux... so much for Armor reduction. :P

Damage: 3 sux, Lethal - how consistent laugh

Dodge: 2 sux

1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=10

20/22 Quantum left

9/9 Health Levels left

Quote:
"Yeah, hey, I don't think 'talking them down' is working, dude", said Kazuo with dripping sarcasm. Then, very matter-of-factly, he added, "I think I'm gonna try punchin' the big guy's face in. See if that does the trick. Ok?"

"Ugh, yeah," Warren grunted slightly while he recovered his breath from the impact retorting to Kazuo with some sarcasm of his own. "Y'think? Nice assessment there Captain Obvious. Sounds great, Kazoo you do that!"

Some crumbled pavement and a discarded keychain became his weapons of choice. The energy that pulsed in his hands was transferred to those objects. He moved forward swiftly, his body possessing inhuman grace and balance as he soared, fliped, and no-handed cartwheeled from one place to the next hurtling debris and spiraling over wreckage in his way.

From one such flying twist a screaming bolt of purple streamed out and soared towards Ox. It slammed into his side and exploded, loudly, sending him staggering forward (to which Kazuo simply sidestepped and assessed the big guys currently lowered defenses). Just like the attacks Kazuo had laid on the guy a moment before, Ox simply grumbled and made a disgusted face.

Warren landed rather gracefully, for a guy trying to do a floor show in the middle of demilitarized zone. He slid a bit in a slick part where the ruptured fire hydrant had blanketed the area in a rain. A second purple streak soared through the air, up towards where Sumnyr had made his current home. It flew upwards it a straight and accurate line and exploded against an invisible field that shown green for a moment at the impact zone.

"Huh..." Warren mumbled under his breath. "That's never happened before."

Click to reveal..

Two Actions.
Mega-Dice (Popped 10s)
Activating Accuracy for +3 Dice

Action #1, Attack on Ox:(Revenant) rolls 13d10 and gets 3,5,10(8),5,7,2,8,5,7,1,5,2,10(3). 6 Sux
Total Damage Pool =[b/] 11 Dice (not factoring enemys' soak)

Action #2, Attack on Sumnyr:
Negated. Damage pool not high enough to breach Force Field.

In the chaos illuminated by the neon lights the feral females clashed while Kazuo and Revenant attempted to halt Ox and Sumnyr... in their own special ways. Deftly Nereid flowed around The Morrigan's attacks, like the water she seemed to have come from.

Although her movements helped to avoid the brunt of the beast woman's attacks, still several slight lacerations opened up across her scaly flesh. In a flash she retorted with her own natural weaponry. Finned spines unfurled under her forearms and down the length of her calves and in a blur she was all over The Morrigan returning the assault attack for attack.

Swiftly she swiped and opened up The Morrigan's chest, a second swept across her abdomen nearly disemboweling the caramel skinned mutant. She followed through until her back was facing her and plunged her arm back and upward, impaling her opponent on her sharp, elongated spines. With a satisfied grin she pulled away her natural weaponry making a gory sloshing sound as she removed it from her opponent and waited to hear her fall, bleeding, to the pavement.

...and waited to hear her fall, bleeding, to the pavement.

Perplexed, Nereid looked over her shoulder, wondering what sort of mutant didn't fall over when they died. Rapidly every slice, tear and gash Neried had inflicted on The Morrigan mended and healed rapidly that the blue scaled woman could hardly process what was happening. She may as well have not even have struck her for all the good it seemed to had done.

Narrowing her eyes she looked at The Morrigan, who only offered her a head, cocked to one side as if to ask: 'have you started yet?' But still the aquatic mutant said nothing, she simply assessed the situation and, as The Morrigan herself was doing, began searching for a means to adapt...

Click to reveal..
Attack 1: The Morrigan dodged her first attack.

Attack 2: The Morrigan suffered 2 boxes of lethal damage.

Dodge: Nereid has a 4 success dodge that she'll use against her opponents first action during the next turn.

Neried's Health: B XXXO/H 0/I 0/W 0/M 0OO/C 0/INC/UNC

OOC Note - Despite dodging and soaking a moajority of the attacks it sounded better to have Morri get shredded at first instead of dodge to allow her to show off her awesome regenerating powers. You know how I roll. smile

Oh, Morri, there's no need to track your Energy Pool (quantum points), since all PC's and NPC's currently have an unlimited amount.

Frank huddled in the small shadow under the car on Broadway. All the damn lights out there were a serious problem. He could hear the boasts and banter and fighting, but knew that there was no way he could be helpful to the other students. Summoning the Dark would probably hamper them more than help, and those freaks would tear Frank apart in a fight. He may still be able to help some normals though, and the fighters were unknowingly helping him. With the helicopters, cops, and whomever else focused on the battle, fewer lights and eyes were directed other places. Frank peered up the street, through the forest of cops and barricades to a news van on the other side of the crowd, its protective bulk offering a safe and welcoming pool of darkness beneath it. Frank concentrated on the Dark, the ephemeral sanctity of it, and felt himself sink, then fall through the shadow beneath him, through the Dark, and rise from the shadow beneath the van like a swimmer breaching water.

Click to reveal..
Shadow-teleport, last die is mega, need one success.

(09:33:43) ChatBot: (Ouchfest) rolls 7d10 and gets 5,2,8,4,8,10,8.

Do many litte insects were buzzin' around him. "I said... knock that shit off!" Scrunching his face in disgust Ox let out a mighty shout then slammed his fists into the pavement. A concussive blast issued forth with him at the center and the ground began to tremble and shake. Right, left, right, he pounded the earth and everyone around him staggered to get their footing. With one final shout he slammed both his fists down in a giant hammer blow that seemed to secure the tremor with one final blast of force that swept over the area.

Kazuo was close to ground zero. Almost immediately he was tossed back and thrown to the ground, Revenant tried to avoid it but everywhere he lept for safety was shaking and trembling so he swiftly lost his footing and tumbled as well. Friend or foe had not meaning to Ox it seemed, as the femme fatals battled the shockwave tore the ground right out from under them, bowling them over in waves after wave of force.

He lumbered over several steps and gripped the back of a car where the trunk and the bumper seemed to meet. Metal and fiberglass crunched and bent under his herculean grip. He grinned and swept the car upward in a high arc, one handed, until it landed smack dab where Kazuo was trying to recover his balance. The teen went flat from the impact, cursing slightly as the shadow above him gave him slight warning to how bad his day was about to get.

With a 'boom' and the crunch of metal the vehicle and who was under it were flattened almost immediately, but wait! There's more! So entrenched in his anger Ox gripped he car on both rear fenders, lifted it up, and slammed it back down onto Kazuo not once, not twice... but three times before he felt the Japanese teenager was put well enough in his place. With each hit Kazuo arms or legs (whichever was visible at the time) would convulse from the impact.

He swiped his hands together in the universal 'clapping away the dust' motion. "Ain't so chop-suey now, are ya bitch?" He laughed a bit and began his making his was toward Revenant. "Time to mop up and go home. Nery, quit dancin' and ghost her already. Christ."

He looked to where Neried was trying her best to get to her feet and she scowled at the moronic behemoth as he gave her orders to accomplish a task that he was over complicating for her. "Oh... uhhh... sorry."

Click to reveal..

Attack 1: SHOCKWAVE!

Kazuo - *4/5 successes. Failed. Knockdown.

Sumnyr - Immune (flying)

Morigan - 3/5 successes. Failed. Knockdown.

Revenant - *4/5 Successes. Failed. Knockdown.

Niered - 8/5 Successes. Success. Maintained footing.

Ouchfest - Outside the Radius

Ox - Immune

*Kazuo and Revenant may spend a point of willpower come their turn to instantly regain their footing immediately (to reflect the option of spending a WP point for an auto-success on the previous roll to keep their footing) since they only failed by a single success.

Attack 2: Kazuo takes 6 bashing from the car beating.

The consistent beating was just fluff, he really only took one attack and was left under the car to rot (Ox doesn't know he can lift it off of him).

That had hurt. A part of Morri was screaming at her to run away, as far as she could get from the thing hurting her. But Morri was more than an animal; she was a monster, and she wasn't giving up. With a snarl, she twisted viciously on the ground and seemed to almost pop to her feet. She didn't hesitate to throw herself into the attack. Her feral mind was not allowed to escape, so it reacted as an animal cornered. As Neirid glared at her companion, Morri jumped her.

Blood leaked and spun from the blood-weapons and Morri’s arm like banners as she slashed. She moved in a blur, her body moving faster than the eye could see. In the space of one deep breath, she slashed four times at the marine mutant, releasing a scream that had echoed across the African continent like a forsaken banshee.

“No more butcher!” she shouted as she flickered to a halt, her clothing and hair snapping into place from the force of her actions. “No make me be monster longer!”

As battle cries went, it left a lot to be desired.

Click to reveal..
Wits roll for Multitasking (mega last): 1 sux

3 extra actions, 4 attacks, 1 normal action, 1 Quickness action, 2 actions (-1, -2 and -2). No dodge. She’s trying for broke. laugh

Dex+Athletics to Instant Up: 1 sux

6, 4, 3, 10

Attack #1 (with AP Claws, -1 dice): 5 sux

8, 7, 10, 8, 4, 9

7, 3, 2, 3, 8, 8

Attack #2 (with AP Claws, -2 dice): 3 sux

7, 8, 6, 8, 5

7, 3, 2, 3, 8, 8

Attack #3 (with AP Claws, -2 dice): 2 sux

9, 3, 5, 10, 3

Damage: 2 sux, Lethal

3, 2, 7, 2, 6, 7

Attack #4 (with AP Claws and Quickness): 5 sux

9, 5, 10, 10, 7, 5, 7

10, 5, 10, 5, 8, 6

9/9 Health Levels left, having regenerated 2 (max is 3)

Kazuo groaned as he lifted a freakin' car off of himself and got to his feet. This totally sucked. What had he been thinking?! He coulda been back on that comfy couch still. Probably coulda gotten some popcorn heated up by now even, and been sittin' there watching all the action on a big screen plasma TV.

But nooooo. He had to come and "watch" the backs of people he barely knew. That was what nice guys did! What the hell had he been thinking?!

Looking even worse than he felt (well, how would you look after being smashed into the asphalt by a few thousand pounds of automobile?), Kazuo hobbled to his feet, grasped the battered car firmly in the same area as Ox had only a moment before, and swung it in a wide, sweeping, sideways arc directly at Ox (who was, he hoped, distracted by his conversation with that fish-girl).

Click to reveal..
Assuming this is OK with our intrepid ST, and since it is an automatic action with no Initiative-placing, Kazuo will use Regeneration to heal 1HL of damage during last round, and another one on this round, for 2HLs of Bashing damage total, reducing him to 4HLs of Bashing damage still in effect. This still has a -2 penalty on his dice pools, but his M.Stam reduces this to -1.

If that's not OK for me to belatedly declare an automatic Defensive maneuver like that Rev, then just say he healed 1HL, since that changes none of the penalties listed above (it just leaves Kazuo with one more HL he still needs to heal).

He'll spend a WP point to get up "instantly" (though I don't know how that works with him having a car on top of him wink ). He'll also make one attack and one defense.

Multitasking Roll: (08:56:38) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 6d10 and gets 3,7,1,5,2,6. 1sux. Penalties are reduced from -2, -3 to -1, -1, adding an additional -1 to each for damage taken.

Getting up again: Automatic

Weapon Strike (car - last die a mega): (08:57:44) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 7d10 and gets 3,6,9,7,7,2,9. 5sux total.

Defense (last die a mega): (08:58:11) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 7d10 and gets 9,4,9,10,7,9,4. 5sux total.

Damage for Car Strike: Total damage pool is 10d10B, but I'm gonna add those extra sux to it for a total of 14d10B - Rev, just subtract dice if Ox dodges and does so successfully as per normal. (08:59:56) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 14d10 and gets 9,3,4,5,1,10,6,9,3,5,10,9,6,10. 6sux total.

Half a state away, Aradia stepped into the nearly empty common room. She was bored out of her skull, and so far hadn't had any luck coming up with anything. She'd been hoping find some people to hang out with, but the only people she spotted in the common area were Ren and Jamie, sitting on the couch nervously and watching what appeared to be some kind of action movie at first glance.

"Sorry guys, didn't realize common room was the date room nowadays..."

Her voice trailed off as the image of a news anchor appeared on half the screen, still showing the carnage in Times Square on the other half. She took a few steps over to the couch then, watching as the camera panned across screaming people and police trying to hold back the crowds.

"What the fuck is this shit - Times Square? This for real?"

It was Ren who spoke up defensively, Jamie was too busy watching for any more signs of their fellow students to explain the situation.

"Look, it's not our fault, we told 'em not to go and that psycho Rev grabbed Jamie's power and they went anyway!"

Aradia stared at him, confused for a moment, then her gaze flickered back to the TV, where it had now panned out again to show the battle between the mutants rampaging the city, and their fellow classmates. Her eyes widened in horror, and she turned back to Ren and Jamie, looking incredulous.

"And you just let them go?! You didn't try and stop them, or at least go tell somebody or some shit?! Geez, it looks like they're getting beat to shit! Ren, you go up stairs and tell Drumm or something, he's probably too busy with paperwork shit or something to have even heard about this! Jamie - get me there, now! They seriously need some help!"

Jamie paled as she saw Kazuo hobble to his feet as the camera centered on him. He picked up the car and swung it, and the camera panned to follow the car's trajectory. She glanced back at Aradia, meeting the teleporter's angry, glowing, green-eyed gaze, and then looked away, shaking her head.

"N-no.. I told them I wouldn't do it, and he did it anyway! He stole my power - I never would have sent them, and I'm not sending you!"

"Jamie, I don't know if I can make it that far - I've never tried! You have to!"

But the petite, short-haired portal maker shook her head firmly, and headed for the door, since Ren hadn't left yet, too engrossed in watching what was happening.

"I'll - I'll go tell Director Drumm. You're right - someone should."

Aradia let out an annoyed shriek as the girl hurried out of the room. Then her gaze flickered back, and she drew in a deep breath, focusing on the alley that Kazuo was standing in. Then she squeezed her eyes shut, took a deep breath.. and disappeared, only to reappear a few moments later on the TV in front of Ren's eyes.

"Holy fuck, the stupid bitch did it..."

Kazuo, meanwhile, was still reeling from the effort of throwing a car immediately after having been smashed into the pavement by it first, and trying to ignore the slight ringing in his ears. Suddenly to his left, someone appeared where there had been no one before, and Aradia glanced around anxiously, taking a moment to recover her bearings and make sure she was in the right place.

"God damn, I can't believe I made it in one piece..."

Click to reveal..
Dave, I'm assuming it took the round for her to focus for the teleport, can you tell me where I should be in the Initiative line-up for next round? I'm not quite sure how you came up with the numbers.

[Morrigan's Action Resolution]

The were opposites on the battlefield. Where Morri appeared human (aside from her eyes) she fought like a rabid animal while Nereid looked in human but fought calmly and moved fluidly with superhuman grace. Ass-hat's shockwave barely caused her stagger but she made the critical error of taking her eyes off her opponent. Morri leapt to her feet and launched herself towards the green haired woman.

The first slash came and she defly ducked low beneath the arc spinning her body about like a martial arts master and then joined right into the fray. For ever slash of Morri's there was a talon from Nereid waiting to meet it and it seemed that her talons were more than able deflect Morri's blood daggers and vice versa.

Her ferocity was more than Nereid had expected though and several of the lightning fast slashes and jabs broke through her defenses. Several cuts and punctures leaked blood over her scales. Several of the spines on her forearms were broken of sliced off. As the warriors circled each other after the fray she flexed her fists and the spines ejected themselves with a sickly tendon crunching sound, falling harmlessly to the pavement. No sooner did they fall than fresh ones, just as black and just as sharp, sprout anew.

Her eyes narrowed as she listened to Morri speak, her head tilting to the side as if curious.

Click to reveal..

Attack 1: Morri had to spend an action to get back on her feet.

Attack 2: Nereid used her 4 sux dodge.

Attack 3: 1 Lethal Damage.

Attack 4: 3 Lethal Damage.

Neried's Health: B XXXX/H X/I X/W X/M 0OO/C 0/INC/UNC

[Kazuo's Action Resolution]

Ox thundered across the 'battlefield' heading to Revenant with a grin on his face as he smashed his fist into his palm, twisting it a bit to taunt Warren, letting him know that in a few moments he was going to be pulp.

"Yer turn." He grumbled under his breath.

Warren grinned back. His allies were taking hits, but they were far from outclassed. Ox didn't seem to bright, and Warren knew just how to capitalize on it. He expression fell into sheer surprise as he pointed behind the large mutant to where Kazuo stood, gripping the car and preparing for his home run derby. "Uhh, Ox, dude! What's that behind you, bro?"

He stopped, just long enough for Kazuo to line up his swing, and looked at Warren like he was ignorant. "You must think I'm as dumb as you loo-"

The crunching metal and the echo of a man groaning in pain as several tons of steel and fiberglass shattered into folded splinters. Mutant and baseline alike scrunched their faces like a crowd witnessing a man walloped in the cash n' prizes by a sledgehammer and a large number of spectators added their own personal 'ooooohhhhh' to the blow.

Ox flew to the side from the hit, tumbling and rolling like a rag doll until he came to a stop several yards away. He struggled to his knees, but his arms wobbled as they tried to support him... it didn't look like he'd be getting up any time soon.

Click to reveal..

Ox's Health: B XXXXXXX/H X/I 0/W 0/M OOOOOOO/C 0/INC/UNC

Quote:
He'll spend a WP point to get up "instantly" (though I don't know how that works with him having a car on top of him).

Because after the knockdown there were no other actions or powers used that would permit him to keep Kazuo 'held' in place. Once Kazuo spent his WP to instantly stand up, leaving the car on him was more for hamming up the combat than a debilitating effect at that point.

Work with me. :P

[sumnyr's Action Resolution]

From his vantage point he'd watched the combat for long enough. Infuriated that The Morrigan dared to go before him in the initiative roster he broke out all the stops. "This, ends. I've no idea who you are, but your meddling in affairs that are none of your concern!"

His cocked his fist back, the field around him dissipated and all the energy his body absorbed seemed to writhe around his body and flowed to his hand. With blinding speed he streaked down to the pavement like a comet leaving his greenish tail to break up behind his decent.

He hit the ground with an earth shattering explosion of power. From ground zero a dome of greenish energy extended from him and swallowed up everything. It washed over the area with a concussive that impacted like a freight train, crumbling walls and shattering defenses. Cars were toppled and thrown atop spectators attempting to suddenly flee the scene. Windows were shattered from the blast and from people being thrown through them. All in the area, save Sumnyr, was tossed back and taken to the ground while others were cast off their feet and thrown high up into the air back, away from the blast only to suffer a painful or lethal return to the pavement.

He showed no signs of caring whether or not he harmed friend, foe, or the innocents. Bones were shattered, bodies were tossed, and lives were lost. The effect ended after what seemed like an eternity. The scene went from a brawl in Times Square and escalated in a single action to an act of mutant terrorism.

Greenish mist wisped up from his eyes and the look of pure malice on his expression showed that he enjoyed every moment of his action. The screams and cries of the painfully injured and mourning wails of those who'd probably not survive their injuries seemed like a symphony to his ears.

"Well, now that I have everyone's attention..." his laughter filled the streets. He stood amongst the wreckage of his own doing like a king amongst a shattered world.

Click to reveal..

Sumnyr: Power Maxxed Area Concussive Blast. Increased the blast radius to 240 meters, or 720 feet centered on him. Large enough to swallow up the entire scene in the blast.

Kazuo - 5 bashing

Sumnyr - Immune

Morigan - 3 bashing

Revenant - 6 bashing

Niered - 6 bashing

Ouchfest - 4 bashing

Cirque - 3 bashing (welcome to the show!)

Ox - 2 bashing

Innocents - 11 Bashing

Cirque, you act on initiative 11. You may act this turn, after Ouchfest.

Note:Although a lot of knock down and thrown about was described, no actual knock downs occurred. You may act accordingly when your turn comes up.

• 2 weeks later...

The feral woman paused, her eyes focused tightly on Nereid's. If she were bothered by her unusual visage or the rather unsettling way that the other woman's body dealt with her damage, it didn't show in her terse expression. "No want hurt," Morri warned, "but will."

The feral woman's stance was very reluctant. She didn't want to hurt others, or even fight them. She felt she had to, but she still didn't want to do this. So with all the hope of a small child, she offered one last hope that this wouldn't go down in a bad way. "Walk now, be fine. Stay and be hurt. You choose."

As she spoke, the dark bruises mottling her face faded, and the feral lifted her blades into a more defensible position. She was hopeful to end this here, but ready if that didn't happen.

Click to reveal..
Morri is giving Nereid the classic chance to walk away from the fight (though I know she won't unless it's to sneak around and stab her from behind laugh ). Morri is being wary, and has selected to have two dodges ready, her regular action and her quickness action.

Dodge #1: 2 sux

9, 6, 6, 7

Dodge #2: 2 sux

10, 9, 3, 6

9/9 Health - regenerating three bashing levels from Symner's attack (max of 3 per round)

Archived