Mutants & Masterminds: StarGate Freedom - The Resistance HQ -- OOC Talk

z-Servant of Ra

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

*reads Narinder's post, pauses in a moment of silent awe, then begins to clap*

That was an awesome post. Well stated, Kylie. You caught Narinder's position perfectly and then stated it to 'Hephaestus' with flare. I'm all tingly.

• 7 months later...

I sense a lack of interest in this game, and I don't mean just from you guys. I haven't been motivated to post in it for a while (despite loving the Sharon storyline) and I have had no requests for posts in it. Is it done? I'd rather make way for games that people want rather than hold onto a game that has lost its players' interests.

That aside, Sharon, I'd run your storyline just for you (yes, its that fun), if you were alright with moving this to the Games subforum. Interested?

Well... when you first started this game, you said it would be slow, then I think you moved, and then you seemed busy with work and other games, so I didn't want to prod, nor suggest giving up on a game - it feels like a failing on my part.

That said, though I enjoyed the initial rush, interest has flagged a little and if you aren't motivated either, Dawn, maybe SGF should be put to rest. Besides, we still have Atlantis. wink

Part of my motivation comes from you guys. If you're hardcore about the game, I'm driven to post as well.

If you want to keep going, I'm all for it. I just need to know what about this game doesn't work for you and why. What do you need to have to get you motivated to post?

Or are you bored or too distant from your PC to go on? I just need to know what you guys need, whether that is to keep going or close down. smile So if you want to keep it, an idea of why it hasn't been interesting you lately would be nice to know. smile

I'm torn on this. On the one hand I really like my character and the story, on the other hand the pace has really sapped a lot of my interest, which is as much my fault as anyone's.

What interests me about this game:

1) the storyline is a great AU idea that would be a lot of fun to explore.

2) Jono pretending to be a goa'uld and working from within to free earth. Love that concept - so much story potential there.

3) the chance to create stuff and hack the technology

4) the chance to explore and discover other alien technologies and put them to use.

IRL my hobbies are knife making, jewelry making, engraving, leather working, shooting and writing. All of those things invovle making stuff to one degree or another. Jono is a character that has the skills to take that desire to create into a sci-fi realm. If we continue the game, and I would like to do so if you and the others are up for it, I'd like to have the chance to delve into aspects of technology within the setting. Making and discovering tech is kind of a big draw to the setting for me.

If we do continue I'd also like to step up the pace a bit. I feel we have been floundering some. The interactions between Bethany and Jono dancing around each other have been very amusing and a lot of fun, but outside of that I think everyone has been in a waiting mode; just waiting for something to happen that they can react to. In the current scene Jono seems to be the driving force on the raid, but I don't really know what we're walking into so I can't really write the scene without feeling I'm stepping on ST toes.

So that's three of us that have responded. Is that enough to continue? If you are up for it, is there anything that the players can do for you to help you out?

OK, that's two down. Kor's effectively out, too. I need to hear from Nari and Marty; those are the only two people who haven't commented to me, either here or privately.

Thanks to those who have replied and remain interested, all four of you. I always appreciate the players who stick with me. laugh

At this point, I'm leaning toward continuing, with the addition that I'll start posting in each thread at least once a week (that's minimum). If no one posts, then it'll be a string of my threads, running on for a while.

That's just the first step I'm considering. I'm still open to suggestions and ideas.

I think I'll have to poke Jas and Daven OOC. Speaking of OOC: heads up for this weekend - I'll be at a convention for most of it. Friday and Sunday I won't be online much as I'll be en-route, and the rest of the time I will be having fun (or so I hope). I will be sticking my head into the forums to check on my games, at the very least.

In interest of moving this along soon, I need to ask how people feel about their threads. Do you like them, are they (aside from the lack of posts) doing anything for you? Would you rather be doing something else? I've been thinking of smushing everyone together into more or less one place and I'd like to get everyone's feelings on that, too.

Sorry about the delay posting her, Carver - as you know, I've been a bit crazy busy lately. Anyway, I would love to continue this game, I really like Narinder and was enjoying it. I have to admit that I've had a hard time figuring out what to do with Narinder in this scene.. I probably would have posted a lot more, except he's here as a slave at the moment, and has no idea what he's doing, so he's doing what he's being told to do. I'm the type who tends to take charge with my character when others aren't posting in the interests of keeping the game moving, but Narinder's in a situation where it doesn't feel in-character to do that, and I imagine that's probably part of what stifled our posting in that thread.

However, I would agree that a couple things that have been mentioned would I think be of great help. First, I like the idea of stepping up the posting pace. Second, I like the idea of combining us all into one or two threads. With as many players as you had initially I understand why you did several, but I think the way things usually go on these boards, it works better with larger groups, since they can effectively "float" lighter posters (whether they're always light posters, or just have their occasional light posting times). If your storyline depends on finishing up these threads, that's fine - but after that I would probably strongly consider combining a lot of us, if it were me.

I think that's all I've got to say on the matter, but if I think of anything else, well.. I'm spending the weekend hanging out with you at a convention, so I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to mention it to you. laugh

I'll second that. Having us all together in one or two threads would likely be helpful. I mentioned in PM the direction I'd like Jono to go. I will also say that Jono is in a forced position of leadership right now because of who he is, not because I necessarily see him as being in charge of anything. He's just in one of those positions where he's trying to survive and save his neck while helping humanity at the same time.

Thirded on getting people together into one or two threads, so there are more people to keep them moving. I'm fine with the thread I'm currently in, just want to finally meet the 'Resistance' and see what arises - Yse needs some more subjects to study. smile

And then somehow, getting access to her son and husband - or at least to come to terms with the fact it won't be happening soon. Also, since it seems Rorx and Long's characters are out, I might start shifting Yse a bit more into the engineering aspects instead of pure science and theory (I was originally going to do some of that, pulled limited myself in deference to them - though Biology and Chemical Engineering are going to be primary)

Jono is spec'd out to be a tech guy. Maybe not overt engineering, but anything to do with alien tech will be his thing.

I'd also like to suggest we resolve the Jono/Bethany dance. As much fun as it is, we really can't move forward until they realize they are on the same team.

Sharon is meant to be a physical character, especially once she's fully converted into Jaffa.. and I hope her eventually to be a connection between the Resistance and those Jaffa who wish to be free of the system lords, but that depends on what happens in the future, and in her story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright. So in light of this, I need to reassess this game. Much like SGA, this leaves me with only a few of players, none of whom have been very active lately. I'm as guilty of this as anyone else. Marty's players was one of the ones pushing me the most. I'm going to shelve this game unless anyone convinces me otherwise.

I'll give it a few days for people to voice their reasons.

Archived