Mutants & Masterminds: Legacy - Legacy OOC

Joani

Originally Posted By: Joani
Originally Posted By: Aeonian
One question: is it possible for Aeonian to make a temporary modification to her staff to allow it to cause an area effect of it's blast instead of the typical sonic blast it does?

The concept of making 20 enemies around me fall sick and prone delights me.

You can always do that by spending a HP and make a power stunt. Once you have enough points left to spent, you could buy that effect as an AE for your Sonic Blast, of course.

Of course. I should have 2 right now I believe... Once I get the points I can really roll.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some clarification concerning your options and the Groups.

From chat I was assuming that you would built probably 3 Groups - a Large one with the heavy hitters and 2 small ones with skirmishers/fast movers.

You don't have to split up like that, though. If you all want to march in one large group, that'll be ok for me, too.

Mountable Dragons are: Mountainshadow, Icewing, Aidan, Charcoalgrin, Darktooth and Vasdenjas.

The Dragons are large enough to carry Karra, btw. Aside from that there's no real difference which Dragon you choose, they are all sharing the same built.

As soon as I know how you want to setup yourselves I can start with the warpost, until then you can still exchange ideas or have a moment wink

This is for Nixx - I heard Krul is AWOL currently and I can't tell when he's going to be back. The encounter I had planned needs to be adjusted, probably without a fight now. Sorry about that, I'm trying to find a solution for this.

I know I'm away when this:

"I will be the bait. It is only fair that if I ask for a bait team I be the one to command it."

She brushes off her robes. "I will need one of the dragons to accompany me, although my part in this will be to strike and RUN."

However, is there a chance that Serene can come back in time to catch this? A slight tweak in how much time has passed should let the group cover their conversation and get back to it. It's just that Serene would have somethings to add to that comment, fairly important things. I guess, thinking on it, she could talk about it when she comes back, IC.

I just don't want this to become an issue that we're dealing with as the hordes are rushing down on us.

Aeonian has her reasons for leading the bait group. (primarily, it was part of her plan. She should put her neck on the line.) Also, I'd rather very few players join that squad. They'd be needed for the two main squads behind the hills.

That is if we even go that route.

Aside from the fact that Serene has already told Aiden she'd be in the bait group to protect him, a good leader goes where he or she is best utilized. A good leader knows when to delegate.

If Aeon has good ranged attacks and poor hand-to-hand defenses, then she is best utilized in one of the main squads. Why would Serene be there? Because she's Because she has an Area mind-control power that will turn the minions in a 30 foot circle around her into her allies and she has a decent Toughness score.

I'm not sure Aeon is the best bait, and she certainly shouldn't be in there alone. Why would the MageLords commit troops to kill her? If there's something going on that I don't know about, by all means correct me. Aiden is a tasty prize for the MageLords; they will want to kill/capture him. That is why he should be bait; he will draw them into committing troops. He should also be well-guarded, which makes me think the League should be in the bait box, where the heaviest fighting will be. We have our best meleers make a ring with the inside being our ranged fighters and Aiden. That is my suggestion.

We need to decide, either OOC or IC, what the composition of the squads is, how many, etc. Why don't we pound that out here, OOC, and then have someone post that we had a big get together about it and gloss over the strategy session? smile

We have your basic plan. I added some suggestions to it. Regardless, we have until Thursday. I'm trying to impel us toward a decision. At this point (and this is the call Serene will make if we deadlock), I suggest we all get in the baitbox and draw out the MageLords with Aiden. All the League members and a small backup force posing as our army will look like easy pickings. The rest of the allies are behind the hills and attack when the trap closes.

OOC, this addition to the plan is smart. WE make good bait. IC though, Aeonian would flatly state she's against having everyone be bait. Because she can't ask you guys (who are using her plan) to make that sacrifice if need be.

It's how she is.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Aiden is a tasty prize for the MageLords; they will want to kill/capture him. That is why he should be bait; he will draw them into committing troops. He should also be well-guarded, which makes me think the League should be in the bait box, where the heaviest fighting will be. We have our best meleers make a ring with the inside being our ranged fighters and Aiden. That is my suggestion.

We need to decide, either OOC or IC, what the composition of the squads is, how many, etc. Why don't we pound that out here, OOC, and then have someone post that we had a big get together about it and gloss over the strategy session? smile

I agree with this plan. It works. With the sheer amount of power the League can wield concentrated to a single point, we should be able to not only defend Aiden, but act as a lovely rock for the magelord's forces to break over.

Aeonian can drop opponents by sickening them. You'll just have to stay outside of it's range if I use the area option with a hero point.... It's not selective.

Unless I make it a cone effect. smile Then just don't stand in front of me.

Might be wise for Echo to be there.

She has a Tech Nullify that I suspect would translate into a Magic Nullify in this world. Handy for fighting mages. She's also got a couple of Afflictions...a pain-inducing cone effect and a targeted blinding effect.

And if we have time, she could use Invention to prepare a few gadgets that might help as well.

You should all be at the same 200 PPs (with the exception of Aeonian, Nixx and Arcana who are at 185 PPs).

The rewards per Issue have been posted - it says "each" on the entries. Assuming you started your PC as a PL 12 with 180 PPs the rewards should net you 200 PPs.

How else should I have kept record of that? I welcome suggestions if the way how I keep track is not understandable.

The HP Tracker is kept up to date by myself - it reflects your current HPs - I always edit the thread as soon as changes happen. Do you want me to keep an entire historical report which says when you got a HP and when you spent one? I hope not, because I won't do it.

I apologize for my late neglect of updates.

Let me explain:

1.) I was on vacation and now I'm again on vacation - till end of june btw.

2.) I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment. Next week I will be busy doing the floors of our new home, after that I have to fix up another room (my own hobby cellar).

3.) I've focused on two new projects - one of which I will put on ice for the time being - the other is joining 200x. I know I should be focusing more on my own games as ST/GM but sometimes I need some distraction and Fahrenheit is one of my favourite PCs ... so I apologize if things are running a bit slow for the next weeks.

Don't worry - consider it a "summer break" - depending on how "done" I am after *work* - if I feel like it I will post - if not, I will hang out in chat and keep in touch with you all.

Quick question:

It's not where she wanted to land, the oncoming storm saw to that. But she made it right at the head of the oncoming army like she intended. Although behind the foreward force, her intensity climbed in her motion, her staff glowing from it's reconfiguration.

Aeon, can you tell me exactly where you are? This is confusing to me - and just to me, probably.

"...Although behind the foreward force..." The foreward force being our force. I'm behind you guys, letting our heavy hitters deal the first blows.

Aeonian will sweep in with conical nauseating/incapacitating shots from her staff. I'll only back up the foreward combatants.

Yes, that's what was confusing. You made it sound like she was dead in front of the enemy forces, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out ahead of the rest of the League. Then with the line you quoted above, I thought you meant she was behind their forward lines, basically behind enemy lines. I was very, very worried for Aeon, so I'm really glad to hear that I was wrong.

I do have another question - does Aeon have Selective on those conical (by which I believe you're saying they are area in a cone, like dragon's breath) attacks?

I don't have Selective unfortunately, that is why I'm going to take care when I unleash them. Cones are more managable than spheres, thankfully. (Yes, Conical is a cone.)

I may use my staff's other function and throw objects using move object if need be, if I need something more precise.

Aeon, please don't take my reply to your post personally. Serene felt that Aeon had stepped over a line and she tried to explain why Aeon was being inappropriate. If you are personally angry with me, I invite you to PM me at this account or my OOC account. I'd be happy to talk about this with you further but I feel this is a discussion best had privately rather than posting it over the OOC thread or IC.

I asked this yesterday in chat:

[Carver] 1:45 pm: Can we advance the battle in Legacy? Basically do some free-form fighting with the minions before the big guys step in?

[Joani] 1:47 pm: yes, very much so

[Carver] 1:47 pm: So they can finish their charge and we can whale on them? laugh

[Joani] 1:47 pm: yep

[Carver] 1:48 pm: Whoo!

Time for some theatrics and fun!

Archived