Aberrant: 200X - International Party

Ryusei Hideyoshi

"Love is like a war: Easy to begin, hard to end." the big Elite quoted softly as he raised his bottle to his lips, his voice barely more than a murmur as he watched Sean walk away swiftly. Aware that Jael was busy talking to Daniel, and wasn't there an interesting subtext? he cast Fianna a sidelong glance and grinned like an incorrigible lion.

"What do you think? Fifty-fifty?" he asked without elaborating.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hear, hear," Caitlin replied, with the ghost of a grin touching her lips as she took another drink, and glanced ruefully at the rapidly-vanishing stout in her glass. She wasn't even pleasantly tipsy, which was unfortunate, but she didn't think the boat had anything in its stores potent enough to reproduce the effect... or that it'd be safe to drink, if it did.

Tilting her head, she arched a bemused eyebrow at the neo-Norse warrior as she considered his assessment.

"I'd say it's probably even money, yeah. I think they'll be fine, though."

"That's what I thought." Einherjar nodded, his expression deadpan as he regarded her green eyes. "That makes you exceptionally insightful and intelligent, because you agree with me."

For a brief moment, very brief, the redheaded beauty wondered if he really was that egotistical, so straight was the Elite playing it, that last line delivered with just the right note of casual unconscious arrogance that made her want to commit mayhem on those patronising and handsome features. Then the aforementioned features twisted in a wide grin and he chuckled good-naturedly.

"Want another? I've got about 20 bottles in the cooler. Had them added when I realised you'd be showing." He motioned at her glass. "I can pour it now, and by the time it's ready you'll be ready for it." His eyes sparkled like blue frost. "I'll be getting myself one too, I think. Don't want to go through the rum in one day. Wonderful thing about being a nova: mixing drinks isn't a problem."

Ryusei watche the exchange with a vague sense of detachment. As one of the younger novas present he sorta understood how things were going around him, and how the elder novas could sit back and dispense wisdom with impunity. In the end it quietly showed just how human novas still were.

Then Keiko shoved her microphone in his face. He didn't show his slight annoyance for he had promised to do this, but in public in front of everyone wasn't his idea of the right time.

"I'm the eldest son of Minobu Hideyoshi, one of the older family lines in Japan. I have two younger sisters and two younger brothers, One of my siststers, Sakurako, is also a nova. I just finished my Senior Exams at Tokyo Private Academy. I Enjoy setting up affairs like this and traveling. As a nova Ican manipulate time for a variety of effects."

He looks at her. "That enough for a start?"

"I'm fine, Ryusei. Just that when people get... er, 'excited' I can smell it pretty sharply and it's a very distinctive smell."

Roxanne smiles at the grilling Keiko gives Ryusei. She leans back on the rail. "So being in international waters means... what, exactly? I admit I'm a little curious why you specified that."

"You're a gentleman and a scholar, Einherjar," Caitlin pronounced solemnly in agreement, but the twinkle in her eye was unmistakable; she wouldn't be winning any Best Actress awards any time soon. "No matter what they all say," she added, a mixture of magnanimity and condemnation in her voice as she gestured at the rest of the table.

Briefly, she wondered if he thought she was being flirty, or if he was actually flirting himself, but quickly dismissed the thought with the mental equivalent of a shrug.

He's an Elite for Chrissakes, and well out of bounds. I'm pretty sure a guy like that's not going to beat around the bush, and I doubt the women trying to bed him are gonna be real coy about it, either.

She took in his broad grin, and couldn't help but answer with one of her own.

Easy on the eyes, though, for all that. What a shame, eh?

Daniel was pleased the big elites eyes warmed after his pronouncement. That was a relief, he considered himself a lover not a fighter even if he was nova tough. There was no way he wanted to get on the bad side of someone who killed people, specifically Nova people, for a living. He smiled at the big man, "Rum sounds good and I appreciate the offer." He mimed tipping a glass in salute at Caitlin and Einherjar.

Then Jael bit sharply through the phallic symbol she was munching on. It was like an exclamation mark on the sudden tide of annoyance that welled up in her when he had announced that he'd just been having sex. Where the hell had that come from? Last time he'd seen her they'd argued and she told him she never wanted to see him again, but that feeling just now bordered on jealousy. On the other hand, it was a normal emotional response and not one of the wild mood swings she used to have. He blushed realizing that his casual statement of his recent activities might not have been the most appropriate thing to have said.

How could he dig himself out of this one? He was at a loss. He had hoped to avoid this as embarrassing as it was, but he had behaved so badly on their last meeting he needed to apologize and get it over with. He had actually expected rage or anger toward him not that annoyance and borderline jealousy, "Jael, can I talk to you for a minute?"

Doc Aeon (the one next to Ryusei) tapped the back of his head and quietly said,

"ABORT! ABORT! Vehicle is under third party ownership. I repeat, the Chicken has flown the Coupe!"

Okay, maybe it wasn't all that quiet.

Meanwhile the three agent provacateurs did indeed stop what they were doing. Being all Clones, they didn't need to be told that these three needed to regroup at the bow of the ship for some immediate reformulation of ideas. They knew it because Doc Aeon had decided it before they had split up.

Maybe they could get a flying nova or two to fly CAP and the Einherjar and Dozer could be put behind the boat to kick thus providing extra lift to this woefully slow transport. Now, how would they convince them?

A fourth Clone came around the side of the boat with a plate full of food. It was loaded down with chicken wings, popcorn shrimp, and chili-cheese dogs - brain food. Handing the plate over to his ruminating breatheren, he retreated to his station, happy in the fact that all the weight he was putting on would be gone in only a few hours.

The real Doc Aeon, or at least the one that was pretty sure he was the real Doc Aeon pretty much gave up on Keiko when she pulled out her mic and started talking to Ruysei. He envied the Clone that got to stand so close to her and despised him because the Clone really didn't seem to care for her, or even notice her. How could he do that?!?

Oh well, love lost.

Everything seemed to be happing at the Big Kid's talbe. Doc hiked up his wading boots (metaphorically - his wading boots were below desk. It was a fishing trip, right?) and headed on over.

"Hello," he addressed the table, but aiming mostly at Fianna and Einherjar, "is this the table all the cool kids hang out? Can I join, I'm Doc Aeon."

He gave the biggest grin he could and miraculously, it was food free. Angels do smile down on old Doc occassionally.

"Sure is," Fianna responded automatically, glancing briefly at Jael and the handsome blonde novox before looking up at the speaker.

"Whoa," she murmured, before regaining control of her faculties. The man's eyes were a bizarrely brilliant shade of blue, with no visible pupil whatsoever. She had the good grace to stammer out a quick apology, before shaking her head and taking another drink.

Way to go, Caitlin, the redhead chided herself. What did you expect? These are novas.

"Nice to meet you, Doc. I'm Caitlin, this," she gestured toward the massive Elite, recovering some of her composure, "is the famous Einherjar. The hottie over here," a tilt of her head indicated the other girl sandwiching Ein, "is Jael."

What was his name again? ...Oh! Right.

"This is Daniel. No idea who he is, apart from that, since I just met him." The green-eyed nova shrugged apologetically, and offered the lad in question a sheepish grin.

"And this..."

Frowning thoughtfully, Caitlin glanced in Dozer's direction.

"Sorry, what was your name? I don't think we've actually met."

As she was considering Daniel's offer, someone new walked up. Like Caitlin, Jael was startled, but spared by her wide-eyed stare instead of verbal remark. Caitlin's recovery allowed her to recover as well, and Jael was silently thankful to the lovely red-head. While she didn't Caitlin as a potential partner, she still had to smile and blush a bit when the other woman called her a 'hottie.'

"Thanks, Caitlin. I couldn't have asked for a better intro," Jael said before giving Daniel a little smile. "We can talk, later. I'd like to get to know Doc Aeon a bit."

Daniel was a little taken aback by Jael's rebuff, but he supposed he could understand, last time he'd seen her they had fought after all. It was still a little fuzzy in his memory how he came to argue with her. He thought maybe he had tried something inappropriate, but she had been in the hospital at the time and he couldn't imagine how or why he would have considered such a thing. That of course been before he'd been injured himself by that damned hunter who had shot him as he flew over the mans land. He'd lost a lot of blood and ended up in his own hospital room so it wasn't too surprising that his memories of that day were a bit disjointed.

Oh well, maybe later. Someday she'll have to let me apologize at least even if she doesn't accept the apology.

Perhaps the arrival of this Doctor Aeon was a blessing in disguise. "What's up Doc?" He gave a grin. "I'm Daniel." He added for Caitlin's benefit as much as for Doctor Aeon, "I'm a novox singer. I toured this last year with Kid Rock as his opening act and my first disk is going to be released next month. I'll play a bit later for you guys if you want. I think Pasquale and I might have a little jam session tonight out on deck if it's not too windy, otherwise we'll do it in here."

Looking back at Doctor Aeon, "So what kind of Doc are you, the medical kind or the mad scientist kind? Personally mad scientists are my favorite." He grinned at the man.

Ein was enjoying himself immensely.

No expectations. That's what he really liked about this gathering. Oh, sure, people had their preconceptions about him. Like the snotty princess he had, for some godawful reason, decided to save from her own folly. But that wasn't really his problem, no matter how much he'd wanted to spank her high-slung arse for being daft.

But the women weren't all over him, which was a nice enough change. Of course, these were nova women which meant higher standards... probably. Well, maybe not. He pondered that for a minute or two as he fetched another four bottles of Guinness, two pint glasses, and two bottles of rum. One bottle thunked down in front of the novox singer, the other was passed to Dozer as Ein resumed his seat, popping the tops off two Guinness bottles and slowly pouring two pints with admirable ambidexterity.

He set the first next to Caitlin's current glass, then let his own settle as he lingered over the rest of his current bottle of rum. Despite Jael's distraction over Daniel he was enjoying the company of both women currently bookending him without much expectation of anything. And others were coming over too, like this Doc Aeon person. Ein had noticed the clones buzzing around, making the party larger by default. Well, at least Contessa isn't doing that. It's be far too bloody distracting. he mused.

"Hello, Doctor." he offered the clone (or was this the original) a large hand and a wide smile. "By all means, have a seat and join us."

He smiles to each of the people as Caitlin introduces them. When she finishes up with Dozer, he stands a little straighter and exclaims,

"That' Dozer. He's famous in the contstructive arts. I know of him, though we have never met."

He shakes Einherjar's hand when offered without reservation. his hands are worn from a great deal of work, though without calluses. He works a lot, but doesn't do much heavy lifting.

"Thanks, you are the first Elite I've ever shook hands with. Damn, you are big."

Jael seems to trump him up with her, well, attention, but he rebounds with a little effort.

"That would be most pleasent," he counters. "Did I hear right that you are an artist. I've never been able to step into that medium. All my stuff is so ... functional - not much to please the eye."

Finally, to Daniel,

"I do many things I put my mind to. I don't like being limited in my creative process. Right now I work mostly making current pharmacuticals boosted up to nova strength. This allows medicines to work on our physiology. I am also working on a revamp for Amtrack to make their locomotives more efficient on thier current rail network."

He looks around,

"We are in International Waters, right," he verifies.

"I ..." and he stops himself. "I make neat stuff."

It had taken a small amount of time, but Tomas was now somewhere close to his old self in temperament. He relaxed against Shae, himself cradling Saori as he considered their words.

"You are right: we are here to learn and have fun. We will not leave, and we will not allow one Elite to ruin our outing." he said with a smile. "We will be cautious, however. There are some novas on this boat who are not our friends, whether they know this or not. The redhead female who was sitting by Einherjar. Be careful of her: she distrusts me and by extension, maybe you too." He snuggled against them both, a gesture both playful and sensual as he continued. "Thank you both for this. It seems that whilst we might be the big fish in the human pond, we would be wise to treat our own kind with respect, even our enemies." He idly caressed Saori's body with his fingertips.

"Let us go out amongst them and learn what we may, hmm?"

Originally Posted By: The Mad Scientist!

Jael seems to trump him up with her, well, attention, but he rebounds with a little effort.
"That would be most pleasent," he counters. "Did I hear right that you are an artist. I've never been able to step into that medium. All my stuff is so ... functional - not much to please the eye."

"Maybe I can help you with that," Jael said, smiling. "Design outer casings for you to use for your inner machines. It'd be interesting, to see how the underlying shape would alter the outer construct."

The wall near the buffet table stretched outwards in a vaguely humanoid pattern, like an adhesive refusing to let go of whatever it held. The Revenant slowly tore through the shroud that separated the living world from the dead realms. With a ripple in the fabric of reality the wall released it’s grip upon him, snapping back with a bit of a wobble.

He looked at no one, greeted no one, he just looked about at all the various foods scattered about and began loading up a plate.

The Clone noticed him after tasting an especially fine kiwi friut.

"Umm ... say," he said to the sudden aberration before him, "you got to try some of those chicken wings. They're to die for."

Hey! How was he to know?

Back at the table,

"That would be interseting. I can mold matter, but again, I have zero artistic ability."

His eyes get brighter,

"Maybe you could create something for a medium I show you and then I could mold it into shape. We could design it so that you could create based on understanding what the final shape might be. Give a machine a bit of soul."

Mind you, I'm a creative studio of one ... well two, but I creep my secretary out and we never meet in person anymore, not after I made her cry," he finishes looking downcast a bit.

Taken aback a bit by the Good Doctor's forwardness The Revenant sort of just leaned away slightly in body language that said 'Dude, why you talking to me?'. His expression was a mix of confusion mingled with surprise until he forced something that looked like a grin. "Yeah, thanks. I'll uh, give em a try."

Oh! His Shadow chimed up in a voice that mocked Stewie Griffith. No one heard it but the broad shouldered corpse and for that he was thankful. Why hellooo there! My name is The Revenant! I enjoy long walks in the cemetery, cutting my self, crying myself to sleep on my penis shaped pillow and Emo Rock. Let's get together sometime and debate My Chemical Romance song lyrics! The Darkness sighed. This is bullshit. Screw the food, get back to the women. Gods man we're at a nova party and all you wanna do eat?!? Of all the souls I could've made a pact with it had to be the biggest loser novadom had to offer. I wish you had a girlfriend... so I could skin her...

Pasquale watched with his light, blank eyes as the trio vanished. He wondered idly, in the crooks and hollows of his mind, what had disturbed Tomas so, but the question was fleeting, gone almost before he registered it. He turned most of his attention back to the reappearance of Daniel Fox and the arrival of the strange, pale nova. He politely excused himself, not that anyone was listening, went to his cabin and grabbed his flute. He hesitated, then put on a pair of grey slacks as well, opting to stay barefoot.

Pasquale reappeared at Daniel's shoulder, smiling. "Guitar finding went all right?" he asked, voice rich with anticipation. He loved an audience.

Shae grinned, a hand sneaking under Saori's sheet to tickle the skin xe could find. "Hmn....it would probably spark some actual conversation." Xe leaned in and kissed her, teasing, "You certainly seemed to be enjoying yourself. Share your secret?"

Ein blinks at the Doc. "You made your secretary cry?" he asks with a half-amused, half-curious air at the seemingly inoffensive man. He nudged Jael. "Best be careful. I'm betting he's a heartbreaker."

With a smile, he started to turn back to his food and drink, then remembered something. "Oh, yes. The magazine thing I told you about back at the coffee place in Tokyo, Jael? Well, they made a decent enough offer. I'll be shooting that in about ten days time for next month's issue." He winked at her mischievously.

Keiko grins and replies, "Well it got you talking at least." She lowers the mic and adds, "I wasn't really recording. I just wanted to break the ice."

"So what kind of things did you study at the Academy?"

She looks at Vixen and adds, "I think it just means we're not in the jurisdiction of any national law. There's still international law that can apply, but it's pretty lax on most things that aren't completely ridiculous like mass murder or slavery."

Ryusei looks to Vixen. "Pretty much what Keiko said. Most of the West Coast has some extreme no fly zones, and I figured that some of the novas who attended would prefer that we only be bound by international laws. Beyond that, it's simply more peaceful out here where the glare of the city doesn't ruin the view at night, or the noise force us to scream over it to be heard."

"I don't know about everyone else, but I enjoy an unobstructed view of the sky, not backlit by the city."

He chukcles about Keiko's comment about getting him to talk. "Fair enough. I guess I have been a bit quiet this evening."

I studied pretty much the regular courses for a high school in Japan, I did take advanced classes for Hstory Mathematics and Computers, getting almost a semester's worth of college credit in the process."

He smiles. "What about you, What do you study at the university you attend?"

Quote:

"And this..."

Frowning thoughtfully, Caitlin glanced in Dozer's direction.

"Sorry, what was your name? I don't think we've actually met."

"Sorry bout that. Doc's right. My name's Dillon, but I'm known as Dozer. I think we may have met online a time or two." He smiles and nods to Caitlin. He then looks over at Doc and Daniel, and sighs inwardly. He noshes on his small plate of food and watches the conversations develop. When the bottle of Rum arrives in front of him, he looks at Ein, and smiles. He tips the bottle slightly towards Einherjar as a sign of thanks, and sips from it slowly.

The enticing blonde walked about the deck at the stern of the incredibly impressive yacht. She was a bit pleased that she was getting used to walking in heels, or training heels as Mixie called them, (she floated out of the dining hall because she knew hastily walking away would have ended up with her tripping) and so decided to wander a bit longer in an attempt to steel herself before returning to the party.

She was enjoying the ocean atmosphere and the sounds of the water lapping up along the sides of the vessel. Overall, Ryusei had impressed her. How awesome she thought it would be if she had his kind of money, his charm, his freedom. It was easy for her to admire a person like him, someone so confident and sure of himself. Those were things she wished for herself.

She took a moment to compose herself, pulling down her dress a bit it still was farther above her knees than she'd have liked before making sure it hadn't slipped to far along her shoulders.

She sighed and took in a deep breath. You can do this. Stop running out every time someone makes things difficult. These are novas, they do odd things. C'mon Tess, you need to do this.

Her confidence translated into a few more moments of pacing the deck.

Doc looked at Einherjar, he was about to say something when he talked about a photoshoot. What could that be about?

Anyway,

"I don't know what happened. I was about six feet away from her when she began shaking, then sobbing. It was most distressing. She couldn't say herself why I made her feel uncomfortable - so uncomfortable that she had to cry."

He shrugs then pops a piece of celery in his mouth.

Daniel smiled up at Pasquale, "Yes, I found a good one, there's a very good guitar shop in the city. I had been planning to go there and shop after the party ended anyway, so this just gave me the excuse I needed. I'll have to grab it from my cabin if you to start jamming now."

Originally Posted By: Shae
Shae grinned, a hand sneaking under Saori's sheet to tickle the skin xe could find. "Hmn....it would probably spark some actual conversation." Xe leaned in and kissed her, teasing, "You certainly seemed to be enjoying yourself. Share your secret?"

"Giving him what he wants," Saori whispered, reaching out to stroke Shae's cheek. "Feel what he wants, and then give it to him. I don't think he likes boys, but where Kei to leave, and another woman to arrive..." Saori let the suggestion fade, even as her mind began to go over the circumstances that had covered her time with Daniel, letting Shae see and 'feel' his hungers.

Shae glanced at Tomas, a smile tugging at xe's lips at the thought of xe and Soari using what he had taught them on the young singer. *Would you enjoy that, my love? We could stay with you in our minds and share that way. Your own personal play for the wait until nightfall or something more interesting to do comes along.*

Already xe was flowing into her, Sakura, a Japanese cherry blossom of innocent femininity. Her hair was long and strait, a black so deep it held a sheen of blue; her lips were soft and pink against the dusky color of her skin; her eyes coal-colored and just large enough to be the fairest part of her face.

She stood, pirouetting for her lovers to inspect her body as she reformed her eufiber into a demure cherry-blossome kimono that clung to her new curves. She leaned down to kiss Tomas, pulling the tools of his Art she hadn’t yet mastered herself from him as their lips touched. She grinned at both of them and spoke in a lilting voice, “This could be quite fun.”

Vixen smiles, peering over the railing. "You know? I've never gone for a swim in international waters. Never gone for a swim in the ocean, period. If you'll excuse me?"

She sets down her tote bag, and then snaps her fingers. In a flash of green, her outfit shapes shape, remolding itself into an assembly of spandex and string that could be called a 'bikini' if you were generous.

"Anyone else up for it?"

Keiko grinned and tapped the microphone playfully.

"Journalism. I've even got an internship.."

She seemed about to say something else, but was derailed by Vixen's declaration and transformation.

So she looks like that all over...wow, I bet she goes through shampoo in a hurry.

"I, uh, didn't bring a suit," Keiko demurs, a bit embarrassed. "I don't really swim much anyway. Besides, it's the ocean. There's sharks. And did you know that more than seventy-five percent of nuclear and chemical waste has ended up in the ocean over the past twenty years? Seriously, you probably shouldn't go in there. It'll make your hair fall out like chemo."

"Indeed yes." Tomas smiled up at Sakura, thrilled with the plan taking shape in the minds of his lovers. The chill of fear had left him completely now, and he leaned up to kiss Shae/Sakura more passionately. *You are both surpassingly lovely.* he pulsed to Saori and Shae. *I envy this young man what he is about to experience, even though I will indeed be with you all there.*

He turned to Saori and kissed her in similar fashion, his fingers trailing down her body, touching and feeling. *I adore you both, my loves. You have restored me merely through being near. Go and have fun, and I shall relax here and watch through your eyes.

The two young lovers were walking around the decks after a filling meal. Coming back around from the prow, Tession motioned to Ivana Vixen in her swimsuit by the railing. Tessio turned and the trace of a smile crossed his lips. Ivana smiled and gave a throaty laugh.

"Okay," she giggled to her lover.

Together they walked over to Keiko and Vixen.

"We would like a to take a swim. Would you like to join us. More, the merrier as the American's say."

Sean found her on deck, and his own feet slowed down. Come on... if someone's hurting her, you need to know, and you can't know unless you regain whatever friendship she thought you had before. He made himself walk faster, and take his hands out of his pockets, and pull his shoulders back. "Contessa?" he called to her firmly, his voice gentle. "We should... I mean, can we talk? Please?"

Daniel was torn, he really wanted to go swimming in the ocean, but he also wanted to do some jamming with Pasquale. "Hey Pasquale, would you rather go for a swim or jam?" The two desires warring inside him so that he just couldn't chose, but finally the desire to jam won out and he got up go go get his guitar. "I'll be back, I just need to get my instrument."

Little did he know that below decks the loss of his innocence was being plotted by a trio of very sexy and interesting lovers. on the other hand little did they know, that his innocence had really already been lost to Jael or at least it's loss was begun by her and he had the scar to show for it, not that he remembered where the scar came from.

Ryusei looks at Roxanne and nods. "I'm game if you want to go, but It would be better to do it in the morning, just so we can enjoying drying out on the deck afterwards."

When Tessio and Ivana dropped in, he smiled. "Well with five of us here, it should be fine indeed."

He looks to Keiko. "I can take you back to the city to get one if you want. It really wouldn't be any trouble."

Archived