Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good good, I very much appreciate if you guys want to work some more on your backgrounds and establishing links.

What you should know, though - I left the original Prologues and only moved the fics (and marked those not considered Canon anymore) to the archive for a reason. I'm planning to keep those Prologues as much untouched as possible and will continue them once the game officially starts (around the 24is next week).

So that's considered established facts unless you guys tell me, that you want a complete reset (which I don't think is necessary, since the original Prologues were pretty decent).

What you can find unmoved is what I want to keep with some necessary alterations of course. You may find that I already edited parts (made them illegible) which won't be part of the new FI.

The current plan is to create new threads (with pointers to the original thread), wrap some stuff up and try to smoothly continue. I hope you are fine with this.

I do have a problem with my prologue, Joani, and I'd like to talk with you before its made canon. The primary problem is that it has two non-active PCs in it. The secondary problem is that with the changes to Lena, having her kidnapping another nova risks her cover - not to mention that Ronnie's a better choice for a snatch and grab. I'd like to chat with you about some changes that could be made to make things flow better and ditch Sly and Rorx's PC from the storyline. I know you want to keep Adrian but you haven't mentioned those two so I assume they'll not be around.

Carver, befriending Ronnie's young form might work. Tell me about that character and lets see if we can put them together.

Grav's class is also possible, if he teaches high school. If he teaches college, she wouldn't have him.

Juno's Prologue may need modification, since I'd like to reduce or even eliminate Adrian from it.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
I do have a problem with my prologue, Joani, and I'd like to talk with you before its made canon. The primary problem is that it has two non-active PCs in it. The secondary problem is that with the changes to Lena, having her kidnapping another nova risks her cover - not to mention that Ronnie's a better choice for a snatch and grab. I'd like to chat with you about some changes that could be made to make things flow better and ditch Sly and Rorx's PC from the storyline. I know you want to keep Adrian but you haven't mentioned those two so I assume they'll not be around.

I ditched it and moved it to the Archive and marked it non Canon. I'll work out something new for you.

Justin - this won't affect yours much, I have a different outcome for yours handy.

SG - Kevin is approved now that we have sorted out that PP Totals issue.

@Rest - I should have some time tonight to check Jaunt and Grav and expect yours to be approved ASAP. Thank you for your patience.

Fic - Some Days

This is a good example (and thank you guys for testing it like this) how the Virus is going to affect you. So far it is working as intended but I will keep it under supervision and will make adjustments should it turn out to be too taxing.

I recommend reading it, and if only for the mechanics sake, to get a good feeling of how tough it will be to make extensive use of your powers. A bad roll can really screw you up.

Nah I'm doing okay, I understand it, I just don't like them. The cost disparity on vehicles vs hideouts vs equipment is enough to give one a coronary.

And imo, powers are broken too far down. That it requires two powers with flaws and one of those with an AE to equal a 2E power (that only cost 1pp btw) is just stupid and a waste of time.

The character creation process was easier for Rolemaster. /rant

I'm willing. Possible hooks I thought of...

Sam needs medical attention for a gunshot wound and she would rather not go to a hospital. (or other injury)

Sam has a preggo scare and just so happens to go to the same clinic and the doc is at.

Doc seeks her out for something?

I'm open to whatever.

Joani are you taking submissions for the timeline?

If so ...

November 13, 2010 - Travis Kincaid declared KIA by UNISON

Mid September 2011 - Blank Slate

First Week of October 2011 - Old Friends, New Friends

Mid October 2011 - (Re)Learning to Fly

Early November 2011 - Combat Readiness

December 11, 2011 - Perspectives

December 18, 2011 Jealous Much?

Edit: I can provide exact dates if you need them but those stories don't depend on them

Archived