Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, if our CyberK is no longer around that is going to seriously effect our ability to survive doing what we need to do. If she's gone and not coming back and you don't want to NPC her then maybe Sly could pick up her skill? She does with computers what he does with brains after all, so it's not a complete stretch although he won't be anywhere near as good as her which could effect our survivability.

Tim could pick up the roll as a CyberK as well. He is like a sponge, and can absorb the code and manipulate it. Maybe he imprinted Orphan and was able to learn how she does it using his enhanced intellect/idetic memory. I did just spend the xp, so CyberK would have to be something for later.

Those are all good questions and good ideas. I haven't found a solution myself for Orphan's demise/absence or whether I will play her as NPC (which I am reluctant to).

I'll keep you updated with my thoughts about it and will adjust the adventure accordingly to make CyberK not as relevant as it used to.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys and gals,

You may have noticed that my presence is somewhat reduced even after my involuntary break due to health issues with my wife and kid.

Some of you may recall that I mentioned things will change at work from October on and unfortunately I was right. I still have access to the internet, there’s no restriction (yet) and I’m glad that I can still check on the site and squeeze in the occasional update. BUT it’s not as “relaxed” as it used to be. The company has decided to exert more “control” over their employees meaning that my boss regularly checks on my workflow now by “looking over my shoulder”.

One direct effect is – I have to “hide” my internet applications in a way which won’t attract attention to my boss and that means no more chat for me (maybe if I’m on late shift I can log-in depending on my boss’s shift, i. e. when he’s not around).

At home I only post when I feel like it and if someone asked me to update to keep things running smoothly. But most of the time I just check on the site every now and then and dedicate the rest of my spare time to my family.

I know this may come suddenly for some of you and contradicts what I’ve been saying last week in chat (that was before I realized how difficult things are going to be) but I have to shut down one of my games.

FI has been around longer so it “should” have my priority vote but I’m enjoying Legacy so much more that I’ve decided to shut down FI in favour of Legacy. Some of you are in both games and I’m really sorry for those who aren’t in Legacy. I can’t run two games given the changes I’m experiencing at work.

Maybe if things get better and more “relaxed” again I’ll pick up FI again but for now I’ll have to shut it down and ask Chosen to move it to the Archive. I hope you can understand this decision and if I can pick it up again I promise I will.

It has been fun (at least until Adrian left from my POV).

*sigh*

Your ST

Joani

Yeah, I'll be sorry to see it go, I really liked the characters, but we were in a rut on posting and I think it is probably a wise choice.

And Joani, I completely sympathize about the work situation. Things have been changing for me at work gradually over the last year or so and I can understand. If I couldn't do this from work, I don't know how I'd be able to maintain a solid presence on the site at all, and this place is one of the major anchors of sanity as crazy as that is.

• 1 year later...

Archived