Aberrant: 200X - Introduction Thread

Odysseus

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FF6 was one of the last decent ones as far as I am concerned.

At any rate, my name is Smith, Robert Smith, and I am proud to be counted among such a long and prestigious list of novas.

What do I do? Nothing too spectacular. I make sure young novas and baselines get the education they need. How best to repeat the mistakes of the past? Remain ignorant of them. I make sure that this does not happen as far as I am able.

I know it sounds cliche, but my goal is to leave the world better than it was when I came into it.

Nice to meet you all.

Originally Posted By: Flicker
Hey, another New Yorker. You guys should all get a loft together and make a TV show. smile

Been done too many times. Besides, not much for cameras smile
I hear there was a decent show out of Cleveland, though. Never watched it, but I heard about it. Ever think about doing a sequel?

Side note: Just have New York as base location, I'm rarely actually there. Traveling around and all.

Originally Posted By: Mr. Smith
I hear there was a decent show out of Cleveland, though. Never watched it, but I heard about it. Ever think about doing a sequel?

Funny, I've lived here all my life and I've not heard of it. What's it called?

I thought you had. Though I have seen stranger occurrences. People who quote lines out of movies that have no idea what movie that line was from or why it is quoted so often.

Reality shows, not so much a fan of those. N! is enough of a reality show without 'formalizing' such a project.

Hello, everyone.

I'm Troy. The guys at the Utopia facility called me Blood Tiger... i guess it sounds cool. I'm based on Long island, but i do alot of work in NYC. I'm a P.I. If anyone wants to reach me, I'm always around here. At least, when I'm not on a case. Be careful out there.

So, am I supposed to say something about myself here? Is that how this works? Okay here goes.

My name is jason Grant and I'm from a little blink-and-you-miss-it town in Kansas called Olivet. Acually I live on a farm just outside of town. I've just recently recovered from a coma that lasted 10 years.

Before I went into my coma I was a first year student at Washburn University, in Topeka, Kansas. Right I'm at the Havilland Institute of Manhattan because I haven't been medically cleared for release but I just want go home.

Oh, and I'm telekinetic mostly.

Originally Posted By: Contessa
Final Fantasy 6 (I can't find the Odin Magicite! ARGH!)

After the end of the world, you have to complete Edgar's sidequest where you get him back in your party, then travel back and forth with Castle Figaro until you hit something. Disembark and enter the haunted underground castle, and you'll find it in the basement, there.

I swear, kids these days. Don't even know where to find their Odin magicite.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus
After the end of the world, you have to complete Edgar's sidequest where you get him back in your party, then travel back and forth with Castle Figaro until you hit something. Disembark and enter the haunted underground castle, and you'll find it in the basement, there.

I swear, kids these days. Don't even know where to find their Odin magicite.

Oh! That was my problem, I haven't done Edgar's quest yet (I don't like him very much, he and Gau). Thanks!

And what would an old guy know about classics like the FF series. Did ask your grandson?
grin

Hi Flicker.

It sucks to be honest. Imagine waking up one moring and finding the whole world upside down. Your parents died while you were alsleep, you nephews grew up, your ex-boyfirend of 3 days (my time) is married to some bimbo-chick, and to top it all off a bunch of people now have super powers. Hell apparently I'm one of the first!

It, it's just too much. Part of me wishes I could just close my eyes and wake up back in 1998.

Originally Posted By: Jason Grant
Part of me wishes I could just close my eyes and wake up back in 1998.

"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream." - Kahlil Gibran

I'm sure you're very overwhelmed, I know I would be. Take it slow Jason, and remember that the past can't be changed, but you have so many tomorrows to sculpt into any number of masterpieces.

Good luck to you.
smile

Originally Posted By: Jason Grant
Hi Flicker.

It sucks to be honest. Imagine waking up one moring and finding the whole world upside down. Your parents died while you were alsleep, you nephews grew up, your ex-boyfirend of 3 days (my time) is married to some bimbo-chick, and to top it all off a bunch of people now have super powers. Hell apparently I'm one of the first!

It, it's just too much. Part of me wishes I could just close my eyes and wake up back in 1998.

I'm so, so sorry. I can't imagine what that's like. frown

Name: Zer0

Occupation: Network Maintenance, System Upgrades, generally making sure sites like this lovely online meeting place remain functional.

Hobbies: Gaming, on and offline (Team Fortress 2, Halo, bring it. PM me if you want to find an easy way to take down Doomgaze in FF6). Posting thoughts that entertain me and possibly other people for commentary and discussion. Playing Devil's Advocate in established discussions.

It is good to meet you all. It is a shame you are all so spread out or I would see if we could meet in person. I was a fan of meeting people face to face when it was the 'in thing' but since the age of technology has made such things an inconvenience at least, I find ways to reach out and say 'hi' through other methods.

Before anyone asks, I'm not one of those types that shows up in your mind and starts talking to you. It just simply comes off as rude in my mind.

I went for a walk today. My Doctors didn't want me to go but I can, what's the word, Dorm? Yeah, Dorm.

It felt good to get outside and get some fresh air, but this whole Nova worship thing is crazy! The Divis Mall was packed. Is Divis Mal really that big of a deal?

Quote:
Is Divis Mal really that big of a deal?

The short answer is "Yes" and this is why...
.../History/2005/Null_Manifesto.mpeg

The long answer is "Maybe" and that is because although that little piece of nova history propelled him to the status of "Public Enemy #1" it remains unclear just how much power this individual has. His influence is undeniable, but so is his relative absence.

I personally view Divis Mal as an enigma. He is undeniably powerful(at least powerful enough to take over broadcast feeds across the globe, look very dramatic doing it, and vanish again) but what he chooses to do with that power, at least as far as I can tell remains to be seen. He has obviously put a good deal of thought into his philosophy but has yet to comment on or respond to the actions of those who act under the aegis of the Teragen in any sort of public manner.

Originally Posted By: Sujatmi
I am Sujatmi Rais, senior agent for Interpol's Narcotics Unit in the Asia/Pacific region. I hope I will not get into fights or have to arrest any of you.

I hope so too! I don't really want to fight with anyone, or get arrested.

Originally Posted By: Zer0
It is good to meet you all. It is a shame you are all so spread out or I would see if we could meet in person.

I know! I live in Phoenix, and apparently it's not good enough for any other novas! Very depressing. frown

Welcome, Sujatmi and Zer0.

Originally Posted By: Jael Carver
I know! I live in Phoenix, and apparently it's not good enough for any other novas! Very depressing. frown

Hey, I kind of like being the only nova in Cleveland. I get all the attention. Novas in New York City have a lot of competition. Have you considered that? smile

Yeah, I'll second the welcome to the newer folks. Sorry I haven't said so sooner. I've spent most of my time since last weekend grounded. First time my parents have put their foot down since I erupted. lol. It's ok, though, they are over it now, and they don't usually care what I do. So I'm back and HI to everyone!

Archived