Aberrant: 2011 - Blackburn Brawl: Group Event Idea

Stardust

Okay, so the Blackburn Hotel holds nova-only nights every once in a while ,and they attract quite a crowd. Normally, it's neutral ground and, just like in the Amp Room, novas of opposing factions play nice. But it doesn't have to be like that all the time. I was thinking of doing a group fic in two parts. First is a big nova-only party at the Blackburn, basically a social event, but with tensions rising between a vocal Primacy gang harassing any Utopia-affiliated novas (or just about anyone who eyeballs them) present. At some point in the night, certain novas are high, angry and/or stupid and start a fight, which automatically involves the Terats, whoever they've pissed off, and just about everyone caught in the crossfire or wanting to stop the fight. Although there are going to be quite a few NPC novas around, obviously, all of the really powerful guys are either elsewhere or know better, I want this kinda centered on the PCs. In the end the fight will either spill outside or be stopped forcefully by senior members of the Teragen worried about the security of their hideout. But havoc will have been caused, damage will ahve been inflicted, and enemies and allies will have been made.

What do you think?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is going to stop any non-Terat novas that escapes the place from reporting it to every single authority they know? Honestly, if three or more Teragen are hanging out there, its a major terrorist hot spot and all kinds of folks will come down on the Blackburn hard. Any thoughts on this?

Teragen, especially not-wanted members (most of them) can hang out wherever they want. And some guys mouthing off at some other guys and a fight starting in a club doesn't really amount to "terrorist hot spot", especially not when Synapse is bribing the authorities.

Gabe and 'The Band' would be glad to play at this party. Under the condition that since the members of his band are Baselines that they are not to be included when the brawling starts.

Granted it might be hard to get Baselines through the door of a Terat hell hole, but Gabe is quite persuasive.

Either way, he'd show up. Nova chicks are hawt and where this hawtness there is Gabe.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I fell in love with this idea from the get go. Because if Comics have taught us anything, is that a bar filled with people with super human powers will always end in a big brawl. =D

I would love for somebody else to get the first post, and for anybody to get "the grip" of the story to say "Ok, so far so good up until this moment we didn't had a brawl in our hands.".

For now, I dare nominate for "having a grip" either of: Caramel, Summer or Seph. Whoever the hell Seph plays. >_>

So! That's just an idea, Wolfman is now out and going to j00r Base to turn over your garbage cans =P

I really wouldn't feel comfortable staring up a Blackburn fiction. None of the characters I play would be the center of any such event, and to be honest, I'm buried neck-deep in projects right now. I really couldn't commit to more than an appearance. Anybody else is welcome to, and I'll run with it.

Between the emo glasses, the scarf, the narcissistic lack of shirt, and the "but it looks totally awesome!" decorative katana on your back, I frankly don't know where to start punching first.

Also, take my damn hair off your head. My hair. No hair for you. Not yours.

Archived