Girls of N!Prime, Men of N!Prime Calendars

Velvet

Geeks that we are, several of us sat up for far too long in the chat room tonight and hit upon the idea of making "pinup" calendars for N!Prime characters... who would be interested, what month they'd feature, etc. It was largely a joke, something to occupy the time.

From that came the idea of using it in-character as well, for charity in a fiction.

After a very lengthy discussion, the possibility of actually printing these calendars was discussed, and it is feasible.

So, what follows is a pair of lists, one female and one male.

If you think your character would be interested and isn't listed, wouldn't be interested and is listed, or you have any other input, please post it here. (We want to make sure we have the roster in place before we start worrying about talking to artists either here on the boards or from DevArt. smile )

Girls of N!Prime:

Jan-Stormwarden, Feb-Slattern, Mar-Vixen, Apr-Sylvan, May-Origami, Jun-Salamander, Jul- Stellar, Aug-Samhra, Sep-Flicker/GMoT, Oct-Velvet, Nov-Sandcaster, Dec- Group shot

Men of N!Prime:

Jan-Tekk, Feb-Cade, Mar-Sean, Apr-Wakinyan, May-Satyr, Jun-Typhoon, Jul-Conduit, Aug-Ultimax, Sep-Bailey, Oct-Revenant, Nov-Vali, Dec- Procyon

I would recormend that Good Alice be thought of as well. She is clearly a nova, and yet has the nothing overly alien about her.

Her nova traits include but aren't limited to being the tallest woman in the world, white eyes and having mega-app of 3.

Sandcaster's in (after all, it's for charity). The Crusader would be willing to do it, too, even though he might not completely understand what's going to happen with the "promotional photograph". wink

Wouldn't really make sense for the rest of my crew. Timeslip (1) wouldn't do it and (2) makes a pretty lousy photo subject, and Ptesan-Wi...well, it's just not really her thing.

[/lurk]

Bailey's thing is persuasiveness, not looking hot, hence he might not be considered eye candy. Unless his picture can (interactively and with a Power Point presentation) convince men and women why oggling him is a good idea.

On the other hand, Singularity does have Mega Appearance, making him a more likely candidate (that whole "animate statue" thingie). That and he's been arm candy before and philanthropy is certainly something he'd do.

[lurk]

Heh, Vali was Neil's recommendation, but I'll happily switch him out if Neil or Preston would be interested. I'll also switch Bailey for Sing.

I wish we could fit everyone on, but we only have twelve months for each calendar, so there are a few things we're keeping in mind.

-If I have never heard of your character, chances are, Velvet hasn't either, so you might not've been included intitially for that reason. Doesn't mean we can't try to work you in, but it would help to know something about you. smile

-Going along with the first one, if you're a reasonably active or high-profile character, you're more likely to end up being asked IC to help out than someone who's relatively unknown or inactive and just happens to be pretty.

-Finally, it's not a contest, so we don't want anyone to feel left out or insulted. If we have more people wanting to participate than we have slots, we do have a couple of options for incorporating those people. We'll just have to see what happens!

Quote:
Originally posted by Signy Malory:
Well, if you get 24 of each gender you could do two calaneders?Or maybe 22 seeingas youw ill have a gorup thing...
Could we? Sure. Will we? Unless there's a grant for this, no, because it's possible these will be made into actual, physical calendars, and that costs. I quoted prices online today for 12-month custom printed calendars of the size we'd want, and they're running about $15 per calendar. Some places offer bulk discounts, but the definition of "bulk" apparently varies from 25 minimum to 250 minimum.

If someone can explain to me how in the hell you'd talk Revenant into a scam like this... he'll do.

After all, he is trying very hard to feel more and more life affirming emotions... but, good luck.

If someone wants to try and and convnice him I'd really like for it to happen IC... he'd love nothing more than to wipe himself with some charity paperwork.

Quote:
Originally posted by Revenant:
If someone can explain to me how in the hell you'd talk Revenant into a scam like this... he'll do.
I think his photo should be of him in the shower right after the curtains have been ripped away to reveal his rippling man-meat all done up in suds and a polka-dot bathing cap while singing into the shower-head.

Hmm, looks like Sakurako was too busy for the shoots. But Origami would jump on this in an instant. Hey, it's charity work. Good PR. Sells her books more than anything.

But what she would bring to the table, and what is the theme of all this?

Quote:
Originally posted by Flicker:
Quote:
Originally posted by Regina Newcastle:
I'd offer up Regina for this experiment, but she's not much of a marketable player in the nova scene at the moment. Also, no Mega-App. XD
Neither Flicker nor GMoT have mega socials, but for some reason they are included in this project. Reconsider?
Erm. shocked I suppose I could reconsider. I just didn't think any form of invitation would be extended, and I didn't want to be so presumptuous as to assume a spot, newbie that I am. Also, like I said, Regina is far from model material. Still, I'd love to be a part of it.

I think the calendar is a great idea. I would suggest one thing. Show the full breadth of character creativity not just those with Mega-Socials, like Blackthorn mentioned. As for Rat, I could care less if he was in it or not.

After all, making a calendar of only the beautiful and popular is a human trait. laugh

As big of a "brains over beauty" type of person I am, I need to state that the point of this sort of calendar is physical beauty with a consideration towards notoriety. People get picked for those sort of calendars because they're easy on the eyes, not because they make good conversation. At least, the IC goal is to make a pin-up calendar. It would be a much different story if this was just an OOC thing with no IC connections, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally posted by The White Rat:

After all, making a calendar of only the beautiful and popular is a human trait. laugh

Get real; novas are just as petty (if not Mega Petty) as baselines. :P

Quote:
Originally posted by Slattern:
Quote:
Originally posted by Revenant:
I think his photo should be of him in the shower right after the curtains have been ripped away to reveal his rippling man-meat all done up in suds and a polka-dot bathing cap while singing into the shower-head.
He's affraid water, remember? No shower pictures. The polka dot cap though... oh, fuck yes.

• 6 months later...

Archived