[OpNet] Ever been featured in a book?

Ghostwriter

I was in Sydney recently (yeah, the day I undormed in front of Australis) and saw a book with me on the cover. It was Doreen Virtue's latest one about angelic novas (bleeech - she missed the memo on me being pagan).

I'd like to ask - have you guys ever been featured in a book? I've been in several history books as an author, but rarely am I mentioned as a subject.

Please, tell me so I can look up and critique them. wink

Oh, and for the curious: I have been featured in T2M: The Noble Cause, T2M Auxiliary: The New Heroes, various godsawful books on autism, angels and pagans, and several thousand COMA booklets about evil novas.

Elites by Jackson Davidson. The man caught Shen-Kahn,Raja, and myself on a good day in Ibiza almost a decade ago. MAnaged to get one of the rare pictures of us together, and a nice, albeit short interview about how we saw what we did.

Also there was a short part about me in Novas of Japan, A New Dawn. The money was good and I'd stopped taking Elite work by that time. I was a proud citizen of my homeland. Though of course I took a backseat to the "prettier" novas of Nippontai.

I've had similar experiences with CoMA pamphlets, though lately they've left me well enough alone.

She's already critiqued mine and we've shared quite the laugh together about it, but it never hurts to share. smile

I've been mentioned in about twelve years worth of Jane's Elites issues and a number of nonfiction reference works that you normally find in the armament section of the library. I believe I've have my own section in Nova Soldiers: A Study In Apathetic Arrogance which was published about five years ago. And I've been featured in the CoMA literature as well; I believe the latest pamphlet has me as the consort to your evil pantheon, love.

Maybe we should contact the authors of Nova Soldiers and see if they want to revisit my casestudy. :P

I had a fair section in the "Eruptees chapter in Ibiza: Tradegy of a Nova Age. At the time the book was published, I still wasn't willing to talk about my experiences, so it's a lot of speculation and interviews from my classmates at Arizona State University. Maybe if they do an anniversy addition, I'll actually be willing to be interviewed for it.

I had another question to add to Samhra's - have you ever thought about writing a book, either about your nova experiences or about yourself?

Last year, one of the Landsburg family postulated in In Search of Ancient Mysteries II that I had gone back through time and had been responsible for events ranging from microdrilled Pre-Incan glass beads to the Antikythera Mechanism to the Egyptian goddess Nut. Said author failed to do me the courtesy of asking my opinion on the matter.

Can't say that I've ever been featured in a book. My work has been quoted, I've been interviewed for articles, but I don't think I've been in a book in this capacity.

I should ghost write a book about myself. Then I can come back and say, "Yes, yes I have."

Well, in Scientific American, I had a couple debates regarding the uses of Nanites, and the benefits of such things. Thing is, my arguement was quite the opposite, since it is my fear that Nanites would cause a "grey goo" scenario.

Needless to say, my argument was probably the only time my views and the S&T were in symmetry.

Actually Fuusen, I've seen a couple books you've been "featured" in. Well, not books really, those comicy things. And I'm thinking you never gave your okay. But don't feel alone, I've seen a load of folks here in em. I've been in em too. And I'm pretty sure I never said okay to being used and abused on the printed page in that fashion.

I, too, was in T2M: The Noble Cause. I was also in A History of Team Tomorrow Americas, Forgotten Borders (a book which talks about how transmitting and teleporting novas ignore customs and normal security measures) though I wasn't consulted for it, and I will be in Quantum Consciousness: Enlightenment in the Nova Age when it is released in October of this year.

I've also been in so many magazine articles and newspaper columns that I won't bother posting them all. The official V OpNet fansite has a full listing of them.

I too have been featured in Elites. I got a three line mention under my old nom de guerre in the "Where are they now?" section. smile

Other than that, I was featured quite heavily in the 2013 manuscript 2Morrow's Yesterdays: An Unauthorised History of Team Tomorrow. The author, who chose to remain anonymous, knew quite a lot about my past and my actions after leaving Utopia, up to about 2007 or so. This leads me to believe (and I'm not alone in that belief) that the author was a member of the T2M staff with access to quite sensitive intelligence, including T2M field reports. I honestly cannot argue with or fault the data: Although it doesn't paint me in my most flattering light, it is the truth. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy Chillmeister:
Actually Fuusen, I've seen a couple books you've been "featured" in. Well, not books really, those comicy things. And I'm thinking you never gave your okay. But don't feel alone, I've seen a load of folks here in em. I've been in em too. And I'm pretty sure I never said okay to being used and abused on the printed page in that fashion.
At one time I thought of doing something regarding my image in those sorts of magazines, but then when I saw just how many of us were in them...

Well I figured the boulder was already rolling, and it was too late for the pebbles to vote. Out of sight, out of mind. It's not my business to decide what some bored salaryman wanks to.

Well, there is one in particular I might give my own personal brand of justice to. Of course as a geek, my brand of justice involves well placed information, Interpol, and a few choice things off his server he would have liked to keep hidden.

My my, he really loves his school uniforms. That's all I have to say.

I'll be looking through his web cam too, when the bust comes around. Should be an interesting watch when the scumbag gets what's coming to him.

Just... call me a concerned citizen, who just witnessed a felony.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fuusen:
Well, there is one in particular I might give my own personal brand of justice to. Of course as a geek, my brand of justice involves well placed information, Interpol, and a few choice things off his server he would have liked to keep hidden.

I'll be looking through his web cam too, when the bust comes around. Should be an interesting watch when the scumbag gets what's coming to him.

All I have to say is I hope those images were really his, and not something you planted.

I can't say I'm all that popular enough to be featured in anything, and I like it that way. My WCK action figure never even made it to print.I guess you could count the textbooks I've written if you stretch the question a bit.

You know? I hadn't even considered various 'hit lists' I might be on.

I can only think of two organisations that want me dead. The Heaven Thunder Triad and the CoMA.

I'm not losing any sleep there then. laugh

As for others, I'm sure Utopia and the Directive would rather not have me around, but thus far haven't sent anyone after me to enforce that.

As for individuals: who can say?

I've been in more magazine and OpNet articles than I care to count. A few books too I'm sure though only one ever came to me to speak with me directly, Brysert's Sex in the Nova Age. A nice interview and some photos but in the end it was simplistic crap.

Quote:
Originally posted by Access:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fuusen:

All I have to say is I hope those images were really his, and not something you planted.
No, they were real. He was being investigated and the prosecutors needed evidence. I found him checking a couple peer-to-peer sites known for loli and other materials, and saw some transactions mid-stream.

It was just a matter of waiting for him to share that material back. And when he did, I caught my fish, as it were.

I think I might work more often with the Tokyo Police Department. Quite satisfying.

Wow, I didn't realize that Fuusen herself posted here.

Ahem... in any case, I haven't been featured in a book, unless you count my works as an author in compilations or my Origami works in art magazines.

Yes, folding paper is an artform, and mine tends to be head and shoulders above the rest. Of course, it does help that I can change paper's density and rigidity to facilitate my work. I tend not to mention that little trick. Although I doubt it's cheating when you manage complex, multi-part sculptures with ouly your mind's eye and some juice.

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami:

Yes, folding paper is an artform, and mine tends to be head and shoulders above the rest. Of course, it does help that I can change paper's density and rigidity to facilitate my work.

Well, then your paper folding is hardly an artform is it? Your creations are artistic but the simple folding of paper is not the true medium isn't it? Why not be honest with what you do and accept the accolades for that?

Your work is quite attractive, it is not cheapened by the manner in which you created it.

Archived