Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 12: Echoes of Eternity

Justin OOC

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bright blue radiance blazed around Lily as she launched upwards into the air, and her fellows took on the first wave of beasts, including the fearsome basilisk. Once she had command of the battlefield from above, she began firing blasts of sapphire energy that hurtled down like falling stars, exploding with tremendous force where they struck. Mercifully, she saved these attacks for the beasts in the back ranks, making sure that the creatures people were fighting now would have no reinforcements at inopportune moments. Even a glancing hit knocked a dragon off its feet and seared the side facing the explosion. On a direct hit the energy projectile pierced through hide and body and exploded within, ripping the creature apart!

Some time later, one of the ladies came by to check on Shiyu. "We'll be serving the meal soon, the Master of the Inn wishes to know if you will attend?"

-----------

In the forest, between swords, guns, and exploding energy blasts, the dragons were dispatched.

Kai looked to the others. "I know somewhere we can go to get answers, I can't believe I didn't think of it first." He nodded. "I need a gateway...."

A short search later, they found the remains of a large ancient torri-like structure. "It should do."

White lines began to glow upon him, and the space between the frame and the earth began to glow revealing a magnificent inn. he looked to lily, "We should have simply gone there first."

he looked to the Spy. "Sorry for the inconvenience, but I cannot take you with us. Knowing you still possess weaponry, and the skill to use them, I believe you'll be fine getting home." the man nodded once, accepting this.

Rebecca looked about, making sure there was no other surprises.

"Kai... you think those dragons were dispatched to our location somehow by something on that man?" She says, gesturing over to the spy. "Those dragons couldn't have found us on their own."

She keeps her systems field ready. "Also, any injuries among us?"

"She's right. It's a little bit of a stretch to think that attack came out of nowhere," Lily agrees. "But I don't know about the innkeeper. He was at risk too. Maybe it was an enemy...attacking because we outed him. He might have been a target of the attack."

She rubs her temples. "This is still confusing. I can't decide who our enemy here is. And honestly, I'm not sure I care. Can't we just find Kazuo and leave? This isn't our fight, is it?"

Kai shook his head. "Not really no it isn't. The Hanafubuki Inn is one of our installations, or at least it was last time. That's why I'm taking us there. We can get some information, and hopefully they have sensors that will let us scan the other half of the world."

He looked at her. "I'd prefer we take out those starships and balance the fight, but that's not solely my decision."

At that, Lily burst into a grin. "The inn! I remember that place." She laughed. "It's crazy how long ago that feels...but it hasn't really been long at all. Not by our standards at least."

She took a breath and nodded. "We need to decide how willing we are to intervene here, and there should be agreement between us before we take action. The Inn is a perfect place to talk it over and reach consensus."

the woman guiding her looked up. "Would you like to change into actual clothing? We have traditional garb A evening kimono) set out in your room for you."

------------

Kai looked to the others. "I agree, let's go." With that, Ryoma stepped through the Gate, leading the way.

The younger woman nodded, and closed the door behind them, though it looked to mass thousands of times more than her. She nodded. "The easiest way is to show you." With that she disrobed. While not naked, the undergaments she wore left little to the imiagination and revealed a long brown-furred tail. Once Shiyukumei was ready She walked her through the steps of donning the Kimono properly, and smiled as Shiyu's intelligence showed, and she did it in the first try.

"Very nicely done. Most fail to get the knot right the first time around."

Having been quite for the most part, Sakura just followed the others though Kai's gate, her manner somewhat uncertain, hoping that they would find what they needed to in order to make things right, this world certainly seemed unbalanced and in trouble, but perhaps things were not as bad as she thought.. alternatively, perhaps they were worse.

Rebecca runs over and offers Hideko a hand. "Came in a rush didn't you." She says smiling... well... if it could be seen behind the helmet.

"I did bring a change of clothes or two if we were spending a couple days here... just basic flightsuits really." She feels the party looking at her as if that's all she likes wearing. "Hey... I'm a test pilot. You gotta look the part! I don't have a spare helmet though... Got the spare on the SeaTalon."

"Poor girl must be missing me already."

Without further ado everyone else goes through, and seemingly without though, all weapons are sheathed and holstered. "This place has an aura of tranquility about it, even now." Kai smiled. One of the many Catwomen who staffed the inn was there at the main door, and she was smiling. "Welcome to Hanafubuki Inn... Oh.. My..." She bowed deeply. "Lord Morisato, when the Master told us you'd be coming, I had no idea it would be so soon."

Kai fought back the blush, he disliked all the pomp and circumstance his position imposed. "It's alright, just take us to him."

He was about to sit down to dine with our other guest, the Giantess with the mecha."

Kai nodded. "She's with us."

"Very good sir, if you and your guests would, follow me." With that she led them inside, and the doors closed behind them.

Rebecca takes her helmet off and lets her curled blonde hair out of the ponytail she had it in and pulls it out of the neck of her suit. Long hair was always a liability for protective gear. Doubly so for human-augmentation gear. "Nice inn... Five Star I hope." She says with a smile to Kai.

She's been too tense in the armor... almost as if she knew this wasn't her method of operating... it was nice having the ability to be the pack mule without complaint... after all that's what SCRT-4 does, but still... she was sure even Kai could feel it.

"Kai... if it would be alright, I'm going to lighten my load if some people didn't mind taking a pack with them... it's only about 15 pounds each... starting to get the feeling this armor isn't my style and I am a bit... overdressed for my duties."

"They were led to a set of rooms down a long hallway, where each found a change of clothing, a summer kimono and hakama. Kai was the first to emerge, followed by Ryoma, "You know, I don't get how they knew we were here, Kai."

"This place has dimensional radar, strong enough to pick up a rift anywhere on Ikaris. He's known we were coming all this time."

Rebecca takes off her armor, and stretches out, she sets her armor on the bed and changes into the clothing provided.

She steps out only a few steps behind Kai. "I'd like to get my hands on that sort of tech... A real find. I think SeaTalon would appreciate it."

She looks about the inn, wondering what exactly happened. "So... think this has turned into a wild goose chase, or do we still have options?"

"I see... Is there anything I should be made aware of in regards to him before we actually start this meeting? After the surprises we've had so far... I would rather avoid any mistakes this time."

She quirks an eyebrow as she scratches her head. "I mean I like slaying dragons and all, but they are animals of nature and I would rather not have to kill indiscriminately, you know? That was an obvious threat they posed so it had to happen, but... I would rather let sleeping dragons lie." She says, slightly scattergorical from a slight case of fatigue. In a round about way, she pretty much is just hoping they don't wander blindly anymore after this...

Clearly, Francis considered, listening to the conversation, this meant the Amaha and the Satoshi corporation had extended to beyond Earth far in the past. The one thing he couldn't help put wonder was, would Roshi know what Satoshi would be? Or could be? Francis retained memories of the future, and though broken up and disconnected, though Nagareboshi had counseled him to not obssess over it anymore-

Well, it was comming back to him over time anyway- and with Kai's earlier demeanor, it did trouble him. To his knowledge, he WAS the only one aware that Satoshi, and Kai- had the capacity to become what they'd fought. But would they? Francis wondered at times if he was from a future- or THE future.

In the meantime... "Dimensional detection? I HOPE that means he's been keeping tabs on Kazuo."

When Kai brought up Roshi's perversions, Francis shrugged. "Sounds like one of my old bosses. It seems to be a common thing with old men."

Ryoma chuckled. "Must be the ones over 200. I prefer my women to be more mature. All the childish games I see played among you all when you're young."

He looked to Rebecca. "You mean you haven't noticed it back at the ship, the way some of the men look at you already?"

He nodded. "All the women in this group seem to have that effect." He looked at Kai. "I don't see how you, as the youngest member actually deal with it."

Kai shrugged. "I have Lily. She's all I need."

Ryoma chuckled. "Not all you have, if you want though."

Kai looked to Francis. "I knew we should have come here first, but I wasn't totally sure we'd be welcome."

Lily appeared again, having vanished into a room when they'd gotten their numbers.

"Hey. I went looking around a bit, but I didn't see Roshi. He might be in the men's baths..." she trailed off and scowled. "...or in the women's. I forgot to check there. Anyway I'm sure he'll appear when we don't think we need him anymore. Or at random."

She grinned at the folks there who hadn't been to the Inn before. "So what do you think?"

"Umm... you think I actually look that good... I never have time to notice."

She smiles as she walks with the group. "My best friends are SeaTalon and Kai and that's who I've spent most my time with other than my sister, and she's family so for social considerations she doesn't count...

Bloody hell... the only person I've considered going on a "date" was that admiral at the ball! I must be desperate to date outside my species."

When Lily arrives she nods. "Sorry... we were just talking about my lack of a life. It's a nice place. Very... Earth like actually."

"You don't have to if you don't want to, Hideko." Rebecca says with a smile. "Although I'd welcome a bath personally."

She strokes her chin. "But, after we do anything else that needs doing here."

She sighs "I would assume we are here to figure out our next course of action, correct? That is, with the old man's help?"

"Ikaris is a lot like pre-industrial Earth in its climate and life," Lily agrees. "I'm no dimensional scholar, but I expect they're pretty close parallels. The presence of strong ambient magic on Ikaris may be the only thing really keeping them apart. Magic on Earth is more location-based...harder to find, harder to use. All that."

"Anyway, yes...we need more information basically...and no one keeps informed around here like Roshi. He's got his ears on every window, it seems like. I'm sure he knows we're here too...he's just letting us stew a bit before coming to see us."

Rebecca nods. "Hmm... no... no clue who that is, but I trust you on it."

She sighs as she scratches her head. "She's Satoshi and that's all that matters. Things have been quite a whirlwind and I've not caught up with how rosters have changed/formed over twenty odd years still. Hell even my downtime has been busy."

It took Skye's breath away - literally - to be back at the hot springs. A hundred happy memories crowded in around her, memories of time spent here with her husband. Tears stung her eyes as she touched the entrance post, remembering him lounging against it, smirking as he waited for her to catch up with him. The smell of the hot water and fresh flowers reminded her of their honeymoon, when they'd snuck off to every available hiding spot to make out or just whisper plans for the future. The entire area was full of memories for the young half-Daralaan which weighed on her like a boulder.

"Skye?" Kai's gentle voice broke her out of her reverie.

The young priestess started, then smiled. "I'm alright," she told Kai. "Just.... a lot of memories here." She blinked, clearing her mind a bit. "I'm fine, really. Who are we looking for again?"

"We're going to meet the master of this Inn, Master Roshi. He tutored several of us, and welcomed us in the Grail War." He nodded. "I have many memories here as well, quite a few good ones." He looked at Lily with a knowing smile, and led the way into a hall that had to be truly massive. A large table sat beside a smaller one. Still the table was built low, but to scale for its fifty foot occupant, Shiyukumei. At the smaller table spaced far enough to ensure the large table didn't block line of sight of Shiyukumei, Everyone tok their places, as the grand door opened at the other end of th hall, admitting a very old man, bald, except for his long white beard, and baring a walking stick. To his right the catwoman who welcomed them, to his left, a blonde woman wearing a white labcoat over her pantsuit.

"Master Roshi, Dr. Kaunac..."Kai bowed which was returned. "I hope we have not kept you waiting long.

roshi nodded. "Not me, but your giantess friend there is something of an ice queen. Sh'es been rather patient."

"Kai." The blonde woman smiled. "You will submit to an examination while you are here again won't you? I can feel several anomalies in you." Kai seemed to blanche... "If we have time, yes. I have other matters to discuss."

Archived