Aberrant: 200X - [Important] 200x Moderators needed.

Eingar

Stellar job though I've been doing solo, cool 200x moderation is supposed to be a 3 person job. It wasn't such an issue before we started getting active again, but given that the board is humming along a bit I'd like to get some proper balance at the top. With Kazuo MIA, Revenant having stepped down and Shae in the uncertain bracket, I'm putting out a call for volunteers, then I'll be putting the candidates up for votes.

Note to Shae: If you want go active and continue Moderating, I'm happy to let that stand if the players are. Let us know below.

Criteria for being a Mod: Take an interest in making the board a fun and decent place to play. That's all. You don't have to run big Events (though it'd be nice if you'd help other players who have an idea for one do so). You should be a 200x player who is willing to devote a little time and sweat to keeping the board running smoothly. Knowledge of the rules is useful, but rule lawyering is not as useful as common sense. The pension plan sucks, but on the upside the health plan sucks too. The ability to say "No, because..." is also useful.

First Step:

Volunteers and nominations here. If you are nominated by someone else, state whether or not you're interested in accepting. I will leave this phase open until the evening of Friday 2nd of June, GMT.

When the need calls, sometimes someone has to answer. I should, at the very least keep the cats corralled if called upon. So, I volunteer myself for nomination.

I also nominate Dawn for moderator.

This place is like a TARDIS, it needs more than one operator to really live up to it's potential.

I'm willing to stay on as a moderator, if the other players are fine with that. I haven't been active here since the Trio/Quartet stopped posting as a group, but I might see if I can revive them or come up with another character to play here in a bit. I'm still somewhat in and out on the board as a whole right now while I get meds changed out, but that shouldn't (hopefully) last too much longer.

I'm split on the Shae situation.

On one hand, Shae has a perfectly legit reason to be absent from the boards, and we should cut him some slack.

On the other, he was a moderator and you've been holding up 200X on your lonesome.

Since it can be looked at as a conflict of interest, I'm going to step away from the subject. I would cut Shae some slack, but that's just me.

One way it could be resolved is have two votes.

The first question would be to if Shae should be allowed to keep the rank of moderator.

The second would be for the open moderator spot, and the thing is, if Shae's voted out, then the first and second place votes would be the new moderators, if Shae stays, then only the first place vote getter gets the position. If there's a way to make 2 choices in a vote then that would make things easier, almost like an instant run-off system.

I'm inclined to cut Shae slack too. smile She's a good Moderator. My asking if anyone has a problem is simply in accordance with the Bible - the last time a Mod came back out of nowhere and tried to resume their position (literally a day or two after we started trying to elect replacements - they were nowhere to be seen before that) led to a small uprising and lots of hard feelings.

Personally, I have no problem with Shae picking up where she left off as long as no-one else does.

Anyone else want to weigh in, either nominating someone else or volunteering? Don't be shy: you won't get struck by lightning, you know.

*hides the thunderbolts behind his back*

Originally Posted By: Einherjar
I'm inclined to cut Shae slack too. smile She's a good Moderator. My asking if anyone has a problem is simply in accordance with the Bible - the last time a Mod came back out of nowhere and tried to resume their position (literally a day or two after we started trying to elect replacements - they were nowhere to be seen before that) led to a small uprising and lots of hard feelings.

I want to say this: I'd say cut Shae slack as well. What happened before with Flicker wasn't like Shae's situation. Shae's absence has a medical reason and she's willing to go through the voting process. Flicker's absence wasn't something beyond her control (as far as I knew) and she wasn't willing to share 'power' or acknowledge that she couldn't just come back and step right in. Vastly different situations.

I also am fine with Shae continuing as moderator. I trust her to let us know if she's having medical issues and needs a hiatus or a replacement, and as far as I can tell the majority of the time she was away and had stopped posting was not only during her time dealing with medical issues, but also mostly during a fairly deep lull in 200x posting that has only recently been reinvigorated. So, there's my vote on that matter. I've also found Rev to be a fair ST, and have no problem endorsing him as an additional moderator if one is required.

I'd be happy to have you back, Rev. And I'm glad to see you're back with us generally on the boards.

Okay, so far we have a vocal majority in favor of Shae staying on. In that case there is one Mod slot open.

Volunteers are:

Sakurako

Revenant

We have an unconfirmed nomination for Dawn OOC by Saku. Dawn, if you're happy to stand for election then we'll need you to say so - we don't want people to vote you in if you're not willing. smile

I have a suggestion. Keep Reven and Shae as mods. Then make the vote for a 'floating' ST. Basically, if life comes up and one of them has to drop out for a while again, the floater is a replacement.

Reven and Shae are both good mods (you, too, Ein). And if we let Shae stay in, we should let Reven stay in, too. His issues weren't medical, but were life beating his ass much the same.

This is of course, just my opinion.

Archived