Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

More questions:

What's the point in being only able to put Mastery I on a lvl 5 power or up to two on a lvl 4? I mean, only Mastery III allows for any actual quantum reduction costs for 4 & 5's, making it seem like it was intended that a character be able to apply all three levels of Mastery on those powers. You do still get benefits from Mastery I for those powers, but it just seems odd that that's as far as you can take it.

Also....with how Mastery has been reworked, Krul, what's the deal for powers that cost no quantum to activate? Psychic/Emotional/Sensory/Quantum Shield, Luck, Intuition are the ones that have come to mind; all of them are, at base at least, self-only application (nix on Scope), already don't cost anything (nix RQC), and are permanent (nix Duration). So all that's left is the Effect boost. I'm not saying that's not cool, just wondering how it fits in with the new Mastery rules. You'd have to put at least two extras on the powers (Affect Other as a pre-req for Area in order for Scope to matter).

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also....with how Mastery has been reworked, Krul, what's the deal for powers that cost no quantum to activate? Psychic/Emotional/Sensory/Quantum Shield, Luck, Intuition are the ones that have come to mind; all of them are, at base at least, self-only application (nix on Scope), already don't cost anything (nix RQC), and are permanent (nix Duration). So all that's left is the Effect boost. I'm not saying that's not cool, just wondering how it fits in with the new Mastery rules. You'd have to put at least two extras on the powers (Affect Other as a pre-req for Area in order for Scope to matter).
If you have 5 dots in one of those and get Mastery, then I strongly suggest you pick "Effect" for the aspect of Mastery get. :)

I haven't been around most of this week, I'd apologize for that, except that I'm not entirely sorry about it, both being rather busy with work, and realizing that I was feeling a bit

Been spending so much time overseeing the game that I was losing time playing some of the other games and writing I wanted to do, so been thinking about that also during this week, I love the game, but I want to broaden my horizon's a bit.

On a different note, entering the holiday season here, so my presence will be a bit less anyway.

Krul, given how the game's sort of exploded on characters and threads, perhaps appointing an assisstant ST or two might help? Either ST's that can run specific storylines or ones that oversee particular groups of characters....I dunno. Just a thought to take some of the pressure off of you so you still enjoy running the awesome awesome game for us. :)

Sorry life has been so harsh, Krul. I'm kind of in limbo with Zephyr, but I can wait until the New Year to get the best story out of you. I really like this game and am willing to hang with it through this rough patch.

On the otherhand, I can't wait to read more Thomas Gabriel stuff either. :up:

Just a suggestion which has been tossed around in chat ... maybe someone should wrap up 'Jungle Den' somehow? It's stalled pretty hard, and from the IC progress isn't looking like it has any particular direction. Also the PCs there who actually want to *select* a site have no authority ... the PCs with Authority seem to have made selections before the meeting started ...

... but playing one of the PCs with no authority in the matter, I can't really contribute much to the FIN :D

Agreed. We need a closure. Kamiko's stated her cases, agreed with points, and let everyone know what she thought. She's got no authority either - she's supposed to assist to put what is decided into action. So... let's get this moved to the conclusion.

If you guys like, I'll take the initiative and move us to wrap up this evening. Sound good?

Star

I'm requesting a halt to any future fictions involving us until we can get a more cohesive plan in place. Seems I've neglected a few important points somehow and I've dropped a very important ball. We'll straighten this out, hopefully fast.

Addendum: Lift the hold, but a moritorium on future ones until we got our plan formed with Long.

Addendum 2: I think we got something put together on I and Long's end.

Archived