Adventure! RPG: American Revenants - AR - Discussion Thread

phoenix

It's starting to fail in some areas, due to lines being down and other random effects, but the main power plants are, for the most part, still running on automatic. When they do go off-line, some of the larger buildings have emergency generators, and some of the skyscrapers within NY city limits have very large generators that can provide power to whole city blocks. However, most all of these will be useless without repair and maintenance by competent individuals within a few weeks to a few months depending on random factors.

Or to put that differently, the power will go out whenever I think it's dramatically appropriate. ::wink

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys. I know, I suck. A lot.

It's all cash-related. I have no money. Hence I need to work more. A lot more. More than I ever wanted to. That also sucks. A lot.

So yeah, I've been pretty tied up with work, and I've also been doing some art commissions for people, and that all equals out to no freaking free time whatsoever. Meh.

The little bit of free time that I have had has left me with a strong desire to avoid all responsibility whatsoever (cuz if I start thinking responsibly, then inevitably I start thinking about all those bills that I don't have the money to pay...).

Hence my not being around much at all. Sorry guys, I know I should have posted something sooner, but I kept thinking things like, "I'll log on and write up those posts tomorrow, for sure tomorrow". But it keeps not happening and I just need to be honest about that.

If/when I get enough free time to actually have some energy left over to write huge blocks of text that no one pays me for then I'll definitely start this thing back up, cuz it's been lots of fun, but for now I'm gonna have to put this baby on indefinite hiatus.

It's not dead: it's undead. ::wink

Hence my not being around much at all. Sorry guys, I know I should have posted something sooner, but I kept thinking things like, "I'll log on and write up those posts tomorrow, for sure tomorrow". But it keeps not happening and I just need to be honest about that.

Been there, done that! ::wink Heritage and I are experts in dysfunctional storytelling...now you too can join the club!

I suspected that this was the case, I figured that you just needed a nudge to take the weight off of your shoulders. Glad you're alright (monetary issues notwithstanding) and that you're also doing art commissions, now that's awesome! ::thumbup

• 1 year later...

After reading this, I have to both bitterly curse fate for putting this game on the forums while I was out to sea (prior to the whole coughing-up-blood thing, which goes great with zombie horror btw), and ask of Cottus/Phoenix - you guys mind if I (and possibly some others) just write some fiction-ish posts to go with the story? You've given me some inspiration for a bit and I'm bored at work at this moment.

Archived