Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Nippontai High OOC

ProfPotts

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent stuff Phoenix - you even gave me the font colour! What more could a Storyteller ask for? ::thumbup1

Favourite animé has to be Moldiver - best take on superheroes ever.

'Metamorforce!' ::biggrin

Manga I actually have a harder time with 'cos I often find the black & white illustration style kinda' confusing, but Ragnarok is pretty cool (it's so D&D you can practically hear the dice rolling in the background... ::wink ).

The hentai manga 'Super Taboo' was also hugely amusing (the 'reason' versus 'instinct' bits are the best)... but not for young eyes or the easily offended... ::blush

Students in class 1B:

Jinsei Aki (PC - phoenix):

The popular vice-president of the judo club, Jinsei has been at the school since the start of junior high. His family is wealthy, but Jinsei seems to get on with everyone - his calm nature (not to mention the judo club's national success) appealing to fellow students & teachers alike.

Kohana Mitsu:

A good looking, but quiet, girl Kohana & Jinsei have been best friends since junior high - despite the school ban on students dating most suspect that the two are 'more than friends' - although no one has yet proved anything... Kohana is a member of the school newpaper club &, surprisingly considering her gentle nature, reports on school sports activities. This seems to involve spending a great deal of time watching the judo club practice...

Kazuki (PC - Prince of Boredom):

Another pupil who has been at the school since the begining of junior high, Kazuki is considered a good kid by the teachers & a bit of a geek by the other pupils. Being a ward of the state who stays in the nearby dorms doesn't help his social standing amongst the middle-class & wealthy pupils at the school. Kazuki is a long-standing member of the school newspaper club, handling layouts & computers, & is known to have some pull with Kozaka-sensai on club-related matters.

Kio Takemine (PC - Bahamut810):

Joining the school at the start of the year, Kio has yet to make his mark. He's known to come from a very rich family, & has something of an obsessive personality - anyone who gets too close can expect an earfull about the ins-&-outs of ninjas ::ninja ... Kio's a member of the Kendo club, but really wants to be the founding member of the ninja club (which isn't going to happen...).

Kenshi Koizumi (PC - Alex Green):

Starting at the school at the begining of the year it was universally believed that Kenshi got into Nippontai High because his father happens to be the mayor of Osaka. Since then that general opinion has started to fade, as Kenshi has proven to be a capable student, & a promising member of the kendo club. Kenshi has two sisters at the school in the two higher years, both popular & good-looking girls who hang around with the popular & good-looking set - which tends to get him all the wrong sort of feedback from his more 'jock' inclined peers who fancy his sisters or their friends.

A few places of teenage interest in Osaka...

Universal Studies Japan™ - the movie themepark of Japan.

Osaka Aquarium Kaiyuban - aquariums seem to be ideal places for teenagers to go on dates in the genre.

Kids Plaza Osaka - a big Wondersaurus is waiting to greet you! Learn by playing, watching, & touching - this is the sort of place that characters may have to take their younger siblings (being too old & mature for such things themselves). Or perhaps that forbidden part-time job is dressing up as the 'Wondersaurus'?

Tennoji Zoo - another favourite teen date location.

Osaka Dome - a huge multi-purpose dome, this is where many conventions, concerts, & sporting events take place. Nezumi played the Dome on her last tour (before it was cut short).

WTC Cosmo Tower Observatory (the Osaka World Trade Center Building) - the tallest building in Western Japan, the 55th floor observation deck has a 360 degree view of the city, Osaka Bay, Kansai International Airport, & the Akashi Kaikyo bridge. Another good place for dates, or just hanging out - or for Novaphiles to try & spot flying Novas & the like. Also prime real estate for impressive fight scenes... ::sly

Tsurumi Hanaport Blossom - the first two floors are wholesale flower markets, & the rest of the complex is retail fashion brand discount outlets - a major shopping stop for girls (& for boys who want to impress girls).

Festival Gate - an ubran amusement complex with cinemas, restaurants & shops.

The school day, by the way, starts at 8.30. The school isn't in the castle itself, but is located on the grounds (Osaka castle is in the middle of the Osaka castle park in real life - in the game that whole area has been taken over by Nippontai & it's related offshoots - like the school). So Kazuki wakes up in his dorm (converted from the old servants quarters) in the castle, then has to head across a stretch of the grounds / park / gardens (nice grass, cherry trees, the odd boulder, etc.) to get to the school itself. The junior high is a seperate building again, but close by (the two parts of the school share facilities).

By the way - the list of class 1B pupils I've put up is just a list of those characters I've approved for posting & related NPCs - I'm still accepting characters from interested parties.

Students in 1B (Cont'):

Hiro Shujinkou (PC - Nullifier):

Before he came to the school Hiro, the son of a Japanese ambassador, had his 'fifteen minutes of fame' when he posted a (well received) documentary he'd researched & written, about the plight of impoverished young people in countries around the world, on the OpNet. Starting at the school at the beginning of the year his media talents, & success, made him an instant hit with the school newspaper club, where he now has his own column on international news. A recent article he's written about the less-wealthy pupils at the school was again a hit & got his name (& the school paper) mentioned in the national press.

As a result, Hiro is one of the more popular 'stars' of the school, as well as an important voice in the leadership of the school newspaper.

I'm sort of in a weird position computer-wise, with no PC to call my own. I will be ordering one in the next day or so from Dell (most likely), so I might be back to full strength by the end of the week. My Nabiki files are safe, but I don't have ready access to them yet - I'm afraid she's going to end up late for class because of this, but that might actually fit her character ::sly

I think it's good rp'ing to be stubborn 15 year olds that try to belabor the point with the older, smarter, telepathic principle. I'm not in the conversation, but I'd probably do the same thing. But I'm not really sure that there's anything anyone can say that would help/tell her something she doesn't already know.

But again, I'm just watching from the sidelines, so it's not my call. Good luck.

Dressed in the same suit as everyone else, his tie is slightly loose and pulled off to the side.

The boy's uniform has no tie - it's a high-collar suit, based on the cut of an old-fashioned German naval officer's uniform (the girl's uniform being based on that of an enlisted seaman) - which comes from the origins of the modern Japanese school system being based on the old German & British naval academies.

If that doesn't help (watch some animé damn it! ::sly ) then think of a Christian priest's black suit with a high collar - it's a little like that.

Hey, just for everyone's reference: a principal is someone in charge of a school; a principle is a moral sticking point.

Arrggghhh! You're right! I blame the fact that over here in Blighty we call 'em 'Head Teachers' or 'Head Masters'... ::unsure ::wink

Pupils in 1B (cont. 2):

Kenji Watabe (PC - Asbjørn):

An excellent & dedicated student Kenji is popular with both students & staff alike. Kenji's father is on the school board as well as curriculum advisor to the science department, but this doesn't colour people's perceptions of Kenji, mainly because he's been a student at the school since Junior High & has proven himself perfectly capable.

Rumours abound (among the manga & animé fans mostly) that Kenji's father builds giant robots for the government... that's unconfirmed as of yet, but he is the department chair of Mechano-Informatics (or 'robotics') at the University of Tokyo's Graduate School of Information Science & Technology, & is considered one of the greatest (baseline) minds in modern Japan.

While Kenji is a member of the kendo club, he has no real standing, although he does appear somewhat devoted to Kuramoto-sensei - but then, so do most of the club's male members! The fact that his older sister, senior heart-throb Fujiko, is the kendo club president may account for his lack of progress through the ranks. Fujiko is not only gorgeous & the best swordsperson in the school, but a straight-A student & a classmate of Junzo Kamachi.

While attending the school Kenji & his sisters are staying with the Takahashi family, being family friends. Tetsuo Takahashi is another pupil in class 1B.

Seiji Yasuhara (PC - Sablesma):

Admitted to the school at the start of the year, Seiji is known to have moved from Tokyo to Osaka in order to attend. He is now staying with his uncle who has a small reputation as a local 'kook' - living all alone (until Seiji moved in) in a large house on the outskirts of Osaka. Seiji himself is something of a loner, & has been known - so the rumours say - to talk to himself.

This evidence of 'weirdness' has somewhat polarised the school's pupils in their opinions on Seiji - some dismiss him as a 'freak' ('just like his uncle!'), while others (mostly the girls) find him strange & mysterious. This latter attitude is compounded by the fact that Seiji has striking good looks & a natural charm which is hard to resist.

Adding to Seiji's appeal is the fact that it didn't take long for his fellow pupils to discover that his older brother is the Toru Yasuhara - third baseman for the popular Yomiuri Giants, & his older sister Noriko is the star of famed director Kunihiko Tomioka's last hit film! OpNet rumours suggesting that Noriko may be staring opposite famous (& possibly Nova) actor John Fabry in his next Hollywood film have only fueled interest in Seiji's siblings... Interest he seems to prefer to play down.

Seiji is the entertainment editor for the school newspaper club, he seems to know everything there is to know about cutting edge music, & regularly writes a column on the subject. He is also the heart-throb fantasy of more than a few girls at the school - although, to date, he hasn't shown any real interest in any of them.

Pupils in 1B (cont. 3):

Nabiki Watabe (PC - Heritage):

Kenji's twin sister, Nabiki is a bit of a tomboy & a rebel, although one of the best looking girls in the school. Also a member of the Kendo club, Nabiki is better than Kenji, but still no match for big sister Fujiko. She is seen as a more important club member than Kenji, more for the fact she actually puts an effort into club activies than for her superior skill. Nabiki is an extrovert to the introverted Kenji. It's possible that she also just likes to beat up on boys...

Nabiki has been, in the past, associated with various practical jokes & pranks, but there is often no more than circumstantial evidence to link her to such 'crimes'. Those who have been at the school a while also hear tell that she's the girl to go to to find illicit goods (like adult manga or cigarettes or the phone number for that pretty girl in the next class you happen to fancy).

Nabiki's best friend is Rumiko Takahashi, twin sister to Tetsuo, & also in class 1B. Whereas Kenji & Tetsuo don't really seem to get on, Rumiko & Nabiki get on like the proverbial house on fire. On the other hand Nabiki is deadly enemies with Ryoko Mendo - one of the best-loved, prettiest, most dutiful & polite girls in class 1B - everyone presumes that Nabiki is just jealous, although a few young wags have whispered that Ryoko has a 'thing' for Nabiki's twin brother Kenji, & that Nabiki doesn't approve...

Tetsuo Takahashi:

One of the two pairs of twins in the class, Tetsuo is a steady, if average, student (although that's still pretty good in a school like Nippontai High!). A hard worker & solid member of the judo club Tetsuo is a large lad who may well one day end up more suited for sumo than judo... His big weakness is food, & more than one girl has managed to manipulate him into doing them favours by making him a 'special' lunch or some home-cooked treats. Tetsuo loves Konishi-sensei's cookery classes & it's widely believed that he dreams of one-day being a great chef.

It appears that Tetsuo, to some extent, resents the Watabe twins moving into his family's home, even after several years. It's known that he didn't appreciate having to share his bedroom with Kenji, but these days he's mostly just stand-offish to his roommate when at the school. His attitude towards Nabiki has softened greatly in the past few years though...

Rumiko Takahashi:

Tetsuo's twin sister got along with Nabiki as soon as the two met - each having to 'put up with' a twin brother seems to have forged a life-long bond of friendship. Wherever Nabiki is, Rumiko is close behind - although somewhat less of a tomboy than her boistrous friend. Rumiko is a member of the poetry club, & likes to write in a notebook she carries everywhere - although she never lets anyone except Nabiki read her work. Nabiki & Rumiko also share a diary - although Rumiko's entries are all in flowery prose which even her friend has a hard time deciphering.

Rumiko is a good-looking girl, but not as attractive as Nabiki - although her calmer nature tends to attract a 'better class' of boys. If anything her figure is a little on the slender-side, but her pale colouration lends itself to a sort of traditional haunting beauty (Goths would love her). She is often involved in Nabiki's various schemes, but is never the ringleader.

Ryoko Mendo:

One of the most popular pupils in 1B & the school as a whole Ryoko is stunningly beautiful, but also polite, gentle, caring, & hard-working. Although some suggest she is attracted to Kenji Watabe, she's not the type to break school rules & actually try to date anyone even if the rumour proved to be true. Most of the boys in the school have at least some level of attraction to Ryoko, & most of the girls find her charming & friendly. Only Nabiki Watabe stands out as not liking this paragon of Japanese virtue.

Ryoko is president of the school's fund-raising club, which spend their time raising funds for various charities as well as volunteering to do good deeds (such as helping out at old folks homes & the like). She is usually an active participant in the school's various festivals.

Nah - it far more obvious when someone is actively trying to erupt - see Zeke's game for some examples... ::unsure  ::sly  ::wink

Oooh, I have such a BIG headache! Ohhh, how I wish I could fly! Life seems so pointless, I think I'll jump off this building 'cause my head just hurts soooo much! Ooh... ::glare ::wink

Archived