Aberrant RPG - Best 'Oops' Moments

metaphysician

In the Aberrant games that you have played, what are some of your favorite times when a player ( including you, possibly! ) does something that they really should have known better than to do. . . and hijinks result?
I had one in our last tabletop session ... after we'd manage to subdue a Big Bad, I gave the order to Geryon to kill him - and managed to set off a three-thousand-foot tall tsumani wave radiating outward from between Iceland and Greenland. I didn't expect his death would set that off, though I also didn't know he had a Spatially-Manipulated hidden island there.

In Aberrant?

My best was defenatly with Lodestone (In the QZ-Elites game on this board). He had a few 'oops' moments.

Included are...

1. Destroying Superimpose and nearly his career in the process

2. Getting captured by a rival elite on his way to find some metal for him to manipulate (I think thats why he was heading back at least).

3. Getting his QP sucked dry while he was trying to hunt down an arabian bodybuilder guy (cant remember his name offhand).

4. Getting his butt handed to him by Grimskull while trying to lure him away from a crowd,

I can't recall anything from Aberrant, but...

We were playing the Warcraft RPG, and I was playing an orc with extremely low Intelligence. The other players, very stupidly, left my orc to buy our stuff from a caravan while they went off to use their Craft skills at our base. They should have known I'd play my character. They gave me a boatload of gold, probably more than I could carry, and probably enough to but a town. I was supposed to buy all the cloth the elven merchants had so we would have material to make our goblin zeppelin, which was crucial for our upcoming strategy, and when I asked the elven caravan how much each "unit" of cloth would be, they said "x silver" (I can't remember the exact amount). Panicked, I yelled "But...but...but we don't have any silver!" then I ran back to my friends (a long run), wasting all of our time, and ruining our plans. The players kept yelling at me, it was hilarious.

On the downside, one of the players died since we didn't have the zeppelin in time, but we did preserve his body in a barrel and later revive him with Goblin jumper cables.

In Amber,

We are on a planet sneaking around. Some other high level personage was using the planet as a base and we weren't sure what he/she was up to. My character decided he needed to rob a bank. Since he was (litterally) cursed with large amounts of bad luck, obviously overkill was the way to go.

So he sets off a neutron bomb in a city with the objective of killing everyone in a mile or two... and instead set off a chain reaction that eliminates all intelligent life on the planet. Apparently the locals don't tollerate radiation very well.

The rest of the party was unhappy with me, and the personage we were looking into took the incident rather badly and became a blood foe.

• 1 month later...

Okay, biggest one for me so far. . .

Hermes has recently developed a bit of temporal manipulation ability. Having encountered people who could time freeze others, he thinks about how to work a defense. So, he asks Quetzlcoatl, fellow party member and also a time controller, to help with a little experiment.

Specifically, Quetzlcoatl is to slow, then stop, time around Hermes. While this is happening, Hermes tries speeding up his local time, to see if he can resist and fight off the effect.

So, Quetzlcoatl is pushing time one way, Hermes is pushing time the other way, we both roll 8-9 sux. . .

*rip* That was the sound of a hole getting punched in space time, and the two of us getting dumped through it.

Archived