Adventure!: In Search of Inspiration - Welcome to the Aeon Society

BlueNinja

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty great, actually. IC post up. ::biggrin

Good to hear. I wasn't trying to "call you out" or anything disrespectful. Just wanted to get a heads up on status. This is my first forum game I've played as well as the only game I'm currently playing period. I'm a gamer without games. You can see the dilemna. Just smack me if I get bothersome!

• 2 weeks later...

Shade: While I admire the ingenuity that went into the post ... you're essentially trying to bluff the Lieutenant; a bluff is typically Subterfuge, Perform, or Intimidate, none of which give you a good shot at succeeding.

You could always re-attempt that post with, say, Reputation or Contacts instead, which would give you a chance at success.

BTW, Li got 3 successes on his Intimidate, the LT got 2.

Shade: While I admire the ingenuity that went into the post ... you're essentially trying to bluff the Lieutenant; a bluff is typically Subterfuge, Perform, or Intimidate, none of which give you a good shot at succeeding.

You could always re-attempt that post with, say, Reputation or Contacts instead, which would give you a chance at success.

BTW, Li got 3 successes on his Intimidate, the LT got 2.

Ahh. Well it works in the movies. I'll take another stab at it then. haha

and you," he points at Joshua, "don't look like your ancestors moved up out of the Dark Ages.

Just i case it was missed...Joshua has a suit the equal of Li-Shen's now. We did say we had stopped at a tailor along the way and had him outfitted. Still I guess the facial tatoos would denote "Savage!" ::wink

Just i case it was missed...Joshua has a suit the equal of Li-Shen's now. We did say we had stopped at a tailor along the way and had him outfitted. Still I guess the facial tatoos would denote "Savage!" ::wink
That's what he was referring to. How many people in the 1920's go around with blue facial markings?

• 4 weeks later...
Joshua turns and follows Li-Shen out of the store. He shrugs at Li-Shen's suggestion.

"Nice of the Dragons to come into town on tracks leading to the camp we'll have had two days to set up."

Technically, they'll be coming in on the tracks you'll be leaving on if you want to go to LA. There's a track that runs from Salt Lake down through Vegas to LA. Or at least there would have been in that time, I don't know if it's still a connected length of track again.

Isn't there a station with tracks for multiple trains? And I think if they are coming here its too juicy to pass up...
Yes, the station can handle multiple trains at once. But the passes through the mountains are designed for only one train at a time, because there's not enough flat space to lay parallel tracks.

Yes, the station can handle multiple trains at once. But the passes through the mountains are designed for only one train at a time, because there's not enough flat space to lay parallel tracks.

Well I guess we have to wait...unless we want to go up the trains and hijack them bandit style... ::getsome

Hi, peoples. I just wanted to drop in and let you know, BN is letting me join. I'm rereading the thread and writing up a character idea and backstory for him, hopefully by Monday. I don't have my books with me, so its freaking annoying to try to work without. ::rolleyes

In the meantime, any cool suggestions? I'm open, and it may help me get over the mindblock. ::wacko

I'm excited to get to play with yall. Adventure's my favorite game of the three with Trinity a close second. ::biggrin

Hi, peoples. I just wanted to drop in and let you know, BN is letting me join. I'm rereading the thread and writing up a character idea and backstory for him, hopefully by Monday. I don't have my books with me, so its freaking annoying to try to work without. ::rolleyes

In the meantime, any cool suggestions? I'm open, and it may help me get over the mindblock. ::wacko

I'm excited to get to play with yall. Adventure's my favorite game of the three with Trinity a close second. ::biggrin

We are excited to have you too Toohoo! ooh ooh ooh!

So, since we already have two daredevils and a mesmerist, may I suggest you take Madcat's vacant position as our resident Stalwart? (You know you want to erupt...admit it!)

As for a cool suggestion, since I am so utterly stoked on Li-Shen,you are free to take a concept of mine and modify it to your liking:

I had this fun idea for a Stalwart who was a former (or even current) operative for Branch 9...Im assuming you've read the book and know how cool these lone uber-agents can be and given their freedom of operation their is no reason the couldn't forge a mutually beneficial alliance with us Society types.

My idea entailed them having the stalwart knacks (and I forget the names off hand) that give you eagle eyes and good targeting, as well as the EM-Vision like knack and the protected senses....essentially a super perceptive crackshot with a souped up Adventure/MIB style super science handgun/hell pistol/whatever.

For skills there was disguise/.subterfuge/ streetwise intelligence gathering stuff as well as ability mastery for firearms.

And dont forget BN's list of merits and flaws for adventure! Licence to Kill!

So like I said feel free to take that idea and mod it...or not...as you please. Id just really like to see a Stalwart....Id really really like to see a Stalwart with Sex Symbol...Yowza.! ::biggrin

lol I'll definitely look into it. I was headed towards Stalwart a little already. Especially since I haven't played one in... wait. Haven't played one! ::smile Thanks for the idea. I have read into Branch 9... like forever ago. I'll have to re-peruse.

lol I take suggestions with a grain of salt... i figure its a way to feel out the group on what they feel is missing in the team. ::biggrin

Don't listen to Shade Sentinel either...or you will find your characters referring to themselves in the third person and eating the remnants of discarded clothing... ::tongue

Ok, I am looking over Tooho's character tonight, and unless I find glaring problems, I'll be able to put her in shortly.

Li's plan was to use his train to block the tracks somewhere outside of Vegas, and assault the Triad members out in the desert, right? I'm assuming that Azura and some of the tigers would be 'in' on this.

Yeah...Li wants to cut off the tracks not in the desert but in the mountain passes...

He will be fully in his demon character and Asura will also be in his demon armor (go rent Brotherhood of the Wolf...). If Asura wants the other tigers to help thats his call...Li doesnt like to risk them outside of the show as they are technically Asura's vassals...

He will also get there ahead of time to plant distractions he uses in the magic show...some pyrotechnics around the tracks, some fog machine stuff etc, to make it a really creepy scene for the incoming train...

The group will be hiding such that when the other train is forced to stop they will already be flanking it from the rear and can flush out their enemies from the caboose forward and go systematically through the train. Also he will work on a way to cut lighting to the interior of the train to further the intimidation effect.

The plan is to flush them towards the waiting Joshua and possibly the other tigers in similar demonic costuming (if Asura wants them). Bryce hasn't mentioned any combat skills but is also free to help Joshua. When Li gets into character, the other's probably do *not* want to hang around him...

Also, something I wanted to ask...How are we on Inspiration...I believe most of what we have done has been dramatically appropriate so we may not have actually lost some of the points we (actually its only me huh?)...I have spent. Also with his magic show the night before, he will have hopefully regained more points if he is down...(as per the recovery rules.)

It might be nice to have a house rule thread where you can discuss among other things, your way of handling Inspiration (since the rules pretty much leave it up to the ST...)

P.S. Welcome Tooho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed, welcome. New blood is good. These two are far too underpowered and boring to keep my interest... ::tongue

The plan is to flush them towards the waiting Joshua and possibly the other tigers in similar demonic costuming (if Asura wants them). Bryce hasn't mentioned any combat skills but is also free to help Joshua. When Li gets into character, the other's probably do *not* want to hang around him...

He wears a machette and a pistola...does he have to mention combat skills? lol

Archived