Adventure!: In Search of Inspiration - In Search of Inspiration

BlueNinja

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lupin leaves the car when the men come out in cuffs

One of the cops is holding his arm where he was apparently grazed by a bullet, but he gives the three of you a salute. "You're all free to go, but I bet the courts would like you to stay in town a bit, just in case you have to testify." He looks back at money-man, who just glares at him. "A'course, that's if there's a trial in the first place."
"Testify?" Joshua leans over to Li-Shen, hoping for clarification.

"It comes from the latin 'testis' which, like the french 'témoin', means 'witness' and the latin 'ficare', which like the French 'faire', means 'to do' or 'make'. In other words they want you to go before a judge and tell them what you saw here today."

Lupin looks at the police officer and nods

"If you need to contact us, we can be reached through Maxwell Mercer."

and turns back to the others

"Now, I need to bring my borrowed wheels back to its owner. If anyone wants a lift to Mercer's, hop in."

True to his word, the Frenchman heads back to the Mercer Mansion..

Seeing that the situation is well-in-hand, the enigmatic oriental lights his cuban and wordlessly walks back to the truck.

Li-Shen Long, Asuratizaya, Joshua the Chepano and one very unlucky thug will motor back to Mercer's Mansion...

Everyone arrives back at Maxwell's in one piece, the thug cowering in one corner away from Azura as the truck pulls up, the Deusie leading the way. You can see a small trail of smoke coming from the back of the manor, or possibly behind it, and Dr. Primoris is out in front talking with a trio of volunteer firemen. He waves to the group of you, shouting to Lupin, "Go around the back. Mr. Mercer is trying to decide if he wants to install a new pond."

This makes little sense until you circle the house, to find a large hole has been blown in the gardens behind the house. Maxwell and Whitley are talking next to the hole, Whitley gesturing with a shuriken.

After letting Joshua and Asura (with Mr. Goon by the collar) out of the truck, Li-Shen gives a nod to Primoris. Rounding the back of the manor he walks directly up to Mercer and Styles.

"Apprehending the party crashers turned out to be no trouble. I believe Mr. Charles has gathered some leads as to their employer. The others have been rounded up by the local constabulary but I saved this one for your personal amusement. " Li-shen smiles wickedly. ::sly

He glances at the shuriken and then to the smoking crater at their feet and raises an eyebrow. "Quite the party, eh Mr. Mercer?"

"Forgive me." Joshua suddenly absents himself from the group, cutting around to the front of the house to retrieve his white shirt from the fence.

A moment after everyone else arrives, Joshua walks up to the crater, distracted by struggling with the buttons on the work shirt. He appears to be taking the crater fully in stride, or else he just hasn't noticed it yet.

"Apprehending the party crashers turned out to be no trouble. I believe Mr. Charles has gathered some leads as to their employer. The others have been rounded up by the local constabulary but I saved this one for your personal amusement. " Li-shen smiles wickedly. ::sly

He glances at the shuriken and then to the smoking crater at their feet and raises an eyebrow. "Quite the party, eh Mr. Mercer?"

Whitley smiles broadly, using a dull part of the shuriken to scratch his mustache. "I think we'll take excellent care of him," he says menacingly.

Maxwell looks up from the crater, glances around at the group, and then gestures at the crater. "Ninjas. With some sticks of TNT as well as those throwing stars." Frowning back at the hole in the ground, he walks partway around it. "Do you think I should make it a pool, or let one of Dixon's friends put in a fountain? He said something about a Grecian-style fountain that would also be some kind of a warning system, but after those serv-o-bots scratched up the hardwood dance floor ... " He sighs, the looks up and only then seems to actually realize that you're all standing there with a captive. "What the deuce? Who's he?"

Arriving at the manor in the battered Deusie, Lupin finds its chauffeur and stops it near him, throwing back the keys.

"Thank you! I think I may have scratched it a little.." ::sly

Then runs around the manor, stopping to get his jacket by the window on the way (giving it a good shake to free it of glass shards).

Maxwell looks up from the crater, glances around at the group, and then gestures at the crater. "Ninjas. With some sticks of TNT as well as those throwing stars." Frowning back at the hole in the ground, he walks partway around it.

The Frenchman looks at the smoking crater and comments

"Why did they blow up a piece of the lawn and not the manor or your cars or something else?" ::confused

Arriving at the manor in the battered Deusie, Lupin finds its chauffeur and stops it near him, throwing back the keys.

"Thank you! I think I may have scratched it a little.." ::sly

He completely misses the catch, staring at the car in horror. ::blink
Then runs around the manor, stopping to get his jacket by the window on the way (giving it a good shake to free it of glass shards).

The Frenchman looks at the smoking crater and comments

"Why did they blow up a piece of the lawn and not the manor or your cars or something else?" ::confused

Maxwell grins, and turns towards Lupin. "Well, they were trying to sneak into the house." He points to one side, where the brickwork is just varied enough to make a climb possible. "One of them had reached the window upstairs when Annabelle was walking past. Being a crack shot, she blew the TNT out of his hand, causing the rather large hole in the garden. They fled after that, so we don't know for sure who sent them, but I can give a good guess." He gives a meaningful glance to Li Shen and Joshua.
Li-Shen replies,

"One of the gunmen who crashed your party..."

Whitley takes a length of twine out of his pocket, and binds the man's wrists, taking him from you and leading him inside. "You, my friend, are going to tell us everything you know about who sent you to shoot up my friend's house. Or," he pulls out a switchblade and flicks out the blade, drawing a drop of blood from his prisoner's lip, "you can go back and spell out how we caught you, because you won't be talking to anyone. Ever. Again."

Maxwell watches him walk inside, and shakes his head a little sadly. "Some days, I think he's a little too good at that." He claps his hands suddenly, shakes all of your hands, and waves a hand towards the back door. "Come inside, there's some things I'd like you to look at, now that you're full members of the Aeon Society."

He leads the three of you inside and up to a second floor library, full of filing cabinets and a pair of desks covered in newspaper clippings. The whole room smells like musty paper and dried leather, and Maxwell hunts through one of the desks for a few minutes before pulling out a handful of folders. "This right here is, I suppose, the heart of the Aeon Society. Whitley, Dr. Primoris, my friend Michael Donighal who was unfortunately unable to attend, myself, and a dozen others have been keeping records and tracking odd reports. Whenever we discover something, we write logs and journals, and they eventually get sorted into these." He taps one of the filing cabinets. The desks hold possible leads for things we have yet to investigate. The three of you worked damn well together today, and I'd like to see the three of you become a team. Li Shen's resources and transportation, Lupin's connection, and Joshua's instincts, should be able to get you into - and back out of - a number of dangerous places. Now," he holds up a hand to delay any questions for a moment, "I don't expect you all to say yes right away. Please, talk it over, look through the files, and talk to myself or Whitley when you come to a decision."

Joshua looks through the files, asking Li-Shen or Lupin whenever he meets something needing clarification, such as I.R.S. or Thuggee.

After he feels that he understands the contents of each of the five case files, the hunter looks up at his newfound comrades and speaks.

"My friends? What do you think of Maxwell Mercer's proposal?

"I have my own reasons for spending time with the Aeon Society. Until I am able to fully understand your world, I won't be able to avenge the deaths of my clan on the one Sarah Gettel called the Ubiquitous Dragon. Therefore, I will postpone that quest, if necessary, to fight with the two of you on this continent."

"I have my own reasons for spending time with the Aeon Society. Until I am able to fully understand your world, I won't be able to avenge the deaths of my clan on the one Sarah Gettel called the Ubiquitous Dragon. Therefore, I will postpone that quest, if necessary, to fight with the two of you on this continent."

Flipping through the fourth file, Li-Shen replies to Joshua as he is reading. "You may not have to....there is information here that links the local mafia to Triads in California. While Im not certain that they are directly responsible for tonight's unpleasentness, we know who ultimatly pulls the strings..." He glances up at Joshua and passes over the folder so he can see for himself.

One of them had reached the window upstairs when Annabelle was walking past. Being a crack shot, she blew the TNT out of his hand, causing the rather large hole in the garden. They fled after that, so we don't know for sure who sent them, but I can give a good guess."

"Remind me not to upset her anytime soon...well, or later for that matter." ::unsure

we know who ultimatly pulls the strings..."

"We do?"

"Astounding", murmurs Joshua as he reads through the fourth folder again. "Sarah Gettel told me that his influence could extend even into America, but.."

"What are you talking about? There's no reference to any particularly important man in here..." ::confused

"What are you talking about? There's no reference to any particularly important man in here..." ::confused
Li-Shen nods with a grim amusement. "Nor would it, my fast-talking friend. Just as The so-called "King of the World" controls crime in the occident, so does the Ubiquitous Dragon control it in the orient. If the Chinese Triads are making inroads into America, it can only be with the Dragon's blessing."

"Astounding", murmurs Joshua as he reads through the fourth folder again. "Sarah Gettel told me that his influence could extend even into America, but.."

"Don't look so surprised, young Jericho...there is a reason he is called Ubiquitous."

To Mercer, who may be surprised at the magician's knowledge, he gives a smirk. "You didn't think I traveled all this way only to perform for the masses now did you?"

To the group, "So where is to be the next stop on Li-Shen Long's Tour of Wonders? There are rich accomodations for all of you on my state-of-the-art steam locomotive"

"Don't look so surprised, young Jericho...there is a reason he is called Ubiquitous."

Joshua nods, his expression just as grim.

"The Dragon wields great power, for now. But the great flaw of those who gather power to themselves is that they lose the ability to foresee obstacles to their own strength."

"So where is to be the next stop on Li-Shen Long's Tour of Wonders? There are rich accomodations for all of you on my state-of-the-art steam locomotive"

"I would prefer to investigate events in California - but I stand with the group, if it pleases the two of you."

• 1 month later...

As you look over the files, Whitley comes in, leading an exceptionally tall man inside. "Li-Shen, Mr. Lupin, Joshua, this is Doctor Bryce. He's a historian, and apparently his invitation got delayed in the mail, so that he didn't arrive last night. I thought that two of you could go over case files and such, since Maxwell would like to see you, Arsene." Whitley leads Lupin out of the room, leaving Li-Shen and Joshua alone with Dr. Bryce and the various files.

(The files are listed in the OOC thread if you need to refresh your memories, and let me know if you guys are still heading to California.)

The large man steps forth, removing his right hand from the pocket of his dress pants.

"Greetings gentlemen. I am Dr. Jackson Bryce. It is my pleasure to meet you. My appologies for my delay, its seems that the postal service doesn't look fondly on us lowly historians."

He stands paused for a brief moment, taking in his new company. His eyes survey them quickly, an suddenly a flash comes across his face, almost as if he'd remembered something.

"Well met sir, its a pleasure to meet you." (( In perfect accentless chinese )) He says extending his hand towards Li-Shen.

He then steps aside and observes the second man, torn apparel and strange markings, again extending his hand in greeting.

[i]" To you as well, well met. Judging by the markings I suspect hunter class. I wouldn't take one of your stature to be mere provision hunter."

Li-Shen Long, the magician stands motionless save for the levitation of his left eyebrow as the tall westerner enters the room, seemingly dazed.

"Well met sir, its a pleasure to meet you." (( In perfect accentless chinese )) He says extending his hand towards Li-Shen.

His right eyebrow raising to match the left, Li-Shen blinks. Reaching into his double-breasted suit he produces a hand-rolled cuban cigar. Placing it between his lips, his hands, now suddenly wielding an end-cutter and an engraved and bejewelled silver zippo prepare and light it. While he is doing this, his narrowed lids and almond shape eyes give him the look of a cat sizing up its prey.

With a long puff he exhales first a perfect windening ring and then a slow lazy wisp of smoke extrudes from betwixt his pursed lips forming into a small serpentine eastern dragon-shape. The dragon flies through the ring and circles about the magicians body, spiraling around his arm and grasping a second cigar which he is holding now, the lighter and cutter having vanished before your eyes. The Dragon contnues spiraling off his arm as he points it towards the newcomer. Flying up to the man it hovers up and stops in the air like a resting seahorse and offers up the Cuban delicacy to the Doctor.

"You speak Chinese very well for a foreigner,"

he replies in English. "Welcome Doctor Bryce. As you can see the party had gotten quite...spirited. You are just in time to help us decide our next course of action."

" Well thank you for that..." Bryce coughs waving his hand briskly to dissapate the smoke.

"No thank you Mr. Long, those things will kill you" With this he retreives a silver cigarette case and his zippo. Lighting up a cigarette of his own. Raising his own eyebrows as he takes a deep fume of smoke into his lungs, then placing the cigarette between his teeth as he exhales.

"Now, now. What are we looking at and how may I be of service" He says as he takes a glance at the paperwork the group was pouring over.

Almost absent mindedly he adds " Looks like you folks toss a hell of a party, shame I missed the festivites"

" Well thank you for that..." Bryce coughs waving his hand briskly to dissapate the smoke.

Perhaps quite to his surprise, the doctor's hand passes through the smoke-serpent, though it does not dissipate. Instead it winks at him before flying back the unwanted cigar to its owner.

"Now, now. What are we looking at and how may I be of service" He says as he takes a glance at the paperwork the group was pouring over.

A stack of folders arise from the table and form into a stack which flies over and deposits itself softly in Dr. Bryce's waiting hands...

folder 1 - Three different newspaper reports of deaths in St Louis, where the victims died of blood loss. A coroner's report from one of the deaths, saying that the neck had been savaged by what appeared to be human teeth marks. A police report from the crime scene, listing the blood splashed about the crime scene as insufficient amount to match the body.

folder 2 - Two different newspaper reports of cattle herds in Montana being raided by wolves. A police report of a hunting accident, where the shooter claims he shot a wolf fleeing through the woods, and instead discovered the naked Robert Wilson, shot by his hunting rifle.

folder 3 - Seven different medical reports from a hosiptal in Sacramento, CA, where the people all sword they had been visited by angels, demons, or "Moon People" who kidnapped them in their sleep and performed surgery on them. A police missing person report on the minister of a Methodist church in Fresno, CA, with witness interviews from neighbors of the church (all non-Methodist) saying that the minister had been conducting Satanic rituals every night at midnight the week before he disappeared.

folder 4 - Investigative reports from the IRS about funding sources for the Chicago Mafia. Links between the Mafia and Chinese Triads in Los Angeles, as well as written surveilance reports of cooperation in people smuggling and bootlegging. Police report of deaths in Los Angeles between two known Chicago gangsters, one Chinese Triad member, and four Las Vegas gangsters.

folder 5 - Correspondance between Whitley and three different people in San Francisco, talking of a new Hindu temple being constructed. Photographs of the building, with Whitley's conjecture that the temple is a cover for a Thuggee cult.

While he reads, Li-Shen speaks.

"Since two of the incidents happened in California and at least one may be linked to a personal enemy of ours," the chinaman gestures to indicate the exotic looking tribesman, "we were just discussing heading there first. Do you have any suggestions for pursuing another option?"

"Since two of the incidents happened in California and at least one may be linked to a personal enemy of ours," the chinaman gestures to indicate the exotic looking tribesman, "we were just discussing heading there first. Do you have any suggestions for pursuing another option?"

"Indeed. This last entry in particular, about the hindu temple in San Francisco. These things in particular I could lend an area of expertise. As far as money laundring and dead mobsters, I havn't the mind on those things."

" If we are to depart on such short notice, perhaps we should head to California. My interest there is more in line with my particular talents. I wrote a book on the Thugee you know? "

He glances sidelong at the wisps of smoke." That is a very interesting trick. Your skill is most amazing."

"To you as well, well met. Judging by the markings I suspect hunter class. I wouldn't take one of your stature to be mere provision hunter."

"It's my honor to meet you, Doctor Jackson Bryce. I'm Joshua." The well-built hunter offers a brotherly hand-clasp to the doctor.

He glances sidelong at the wisps of smoke." That is a very interesting trick. Your skill is most amazing."

Joshua nods agreement.

"We should discuss tactics during our journey in order to get the best use out of your special abilities."

Li-Shen stands thoughtfully for a few moments before replying.

"If I may..." looking the pair in the eyes before he continues.

"There are other teams out there that will also be working on these cases so we must choose carefully, lest some other solves our mysteries for us..."

"Out of pure intellectual curiosity I am most inclined towards investigating the first 3, in the order presented. The second two are happening after the fact, while the first has a villain still at-large, one who is no doubt a worthy adversary."

"However..." and he gets *very* serious at this point. "In spite of my desire to further explore the supernatural, I must confess that I have come to the United States to put a stop to the festering corruption of The Dragon's Coil, before it is allowed to entrench it's rot." The cigar that had been floating, smoking in the air implodes violently in upon itself as his fist clenches to emphasize the emotion with which he speaks..

His mask of amiability returns as Li remembers to compose himself in front of those who did not, could not, understand. Returning to a rational outlook he finishes his proposal.

"With all due respect Doctor Bryce and to Mr. Styles, the connections presented in the fourth dossier are substantial, while in the fifth all we have are Whitley's conjectures..."

"It's my honor to meet you, Doctor Jackson Bryce. I'm Joshua." The well-built hunter offers a brotherly hand-clasp to the doctor.

Dr. Bryce accepts the hand of introduction and friendship, returning a firm but submissive handshake in respect to this obviously proud warrior.

"We should discuss tactics during our journey in order to get the best use out of your special abilities."

"As far as tactics are concerned, I'm not sure how much help I can be..."

He trails off as if catching an important detail in the documents.

Dr. Bryce takes note of Li-Shen's accidental outburst, but makes no notion to show it. "Mr. Long, your feelings on this matter seem most intense and deep seeded. Would it not be wise to let others go after these "Dragon" folks? I've seen many men driven to un-characteristic errors when they become too pasionate."

Dr. Bryce takes note of Li-Shen's accidental outburst, but makes no notion to show it. "Mr. Long, your feelings on this matter seem most intense and deep seeded. Would it not be wise to let others go after these "Dragon" folks? I've seen many men driven to un-characteristic errors when they become too pasionate."

Li-Shen gives him a wan smile, and the intelligent Doctor will most likely quickly realize that before him stands a master of performance and misdirection and that nothing in his demeanor, outburst included is accidental. Li's gesture was for the sake of emphasis.

"Ah, but it is in the nature of my character to be passionate, especially where the Dragon is concerned. You must realize, Doctor Bryce, that the Dragon cares nothing for all that you hold dear. His soul purpose here is the corruption of civilization, of all that humankind has striven for across the ages. In any case, you needen't concern yourself with my safety. I keep my feelings well in-check."

"Ah, but it is in the nature of my character to be passionate, especially where the Dragon is concerned. You must realize, Doctor Bryce, that the Dragon cares nothing for all that you hold dear. His soul purpose here is the corruption of civilization, of all that humankind has striven for across the ages. In any case, you needen't concern yourself with my safety. I keep my feelings well in-check."

"I see. Well please forgive me if I offend you." He bows slightly in appology.

Then just as quickly he's back to the papers. "Moving on...it would appear it is decission time gentlmen. Being that I am the least senior..." He scans the small gathering with a smirk. "...member, I will defer this decission to one of you. I am between books, with no real other commitments and am eager to get back on the road!"

He takes a step back from the papers and motions the others to examine them again, while fetching another cigarette and lighting it with a deep inhale.

"Mr. Long, your feelings on this matter seem most intense and deep seeded. Would it not be wise to let others go after these "Dragon" folks? I've seen many men driven to un-characteristic errors when they become too pasionate."

Joshua frowns darkly.

"The destruction of the Dragon is my life's only goal. You can play the voice of reason, if that's what you feel we need. I would far prefer to fight him myself than to trust the hunt to any others."

"The destruction of the Dragon is my life's only goal. You can play the voice of reason, if that's what you feel we need. I would far prefer to fight him myself than to trust the hunt to any others."

"Very well. Let us start there! I'm here to help in any way I can. Parenting either of you two is obviously something I need not do. Lets head out...I'm Psyched!" In conclusion Dr. Bryce Claps his hands together and begins to head for the door.

"I will of course be needing to fetch my equipment, and my vehicle." He pauses with that, index finger extened in the air. "Speaking of that...how are we getting there?"

"I see. Well please forgive me if I offend you." He bows slightly in appology.

Then just as quickly he's back to the papers. "Moving on...it would appear it is decission time gentlmen. Being that I am the least senior..." He scans the small gathering with a smirk. "...member, I will defer this decission to one of you. I am between books, with no real other commitments and am eager to get back on the road!"

,,,,Li-Shen laughs heartily.

"No need doctor. I am beyond offense...from you."

"Also, I believe in terms of our status we are all equally new members. I believe our voting power in this matter is equal, though in this case a majority seems to have been reached. Never to worry doctor, San Francisco is but a short journey from Los Angeles when you are riding The Silk Road..."

Joshua frowns darkly.

The Mesmerist nods in agreement with the Hunter.

(is there more to do here? Does Mercer need us to check in with him or anything (since he left with Lupin)?

((Let me know when I can describe Li's train to the group))

"Speaking of that...how are we getting there?"

"How many Miles is it?" Joshua asks, so casually that it's fairly obvious the word is new to him.

"Well my friend, let us just say that it would be many days by foot. By automobile its..."

Bryce pauses remembering somthing the Chinamen had said.

"Also, I believe in terms of our status we are all equally new members. I believe our voting power in this matter is equal, though in this case a majority seems to have been reached. Never to worry doctor, San Francisco is but a short journey from Los Angeles when you are riding The Silk Road..."

"...Whats the Silk Road?"

(is there more to do here? Does Mercer need us to check in with him or anything (since he left with Lupin)?
Somebody needs to tell Dr. Primoris or Mr. Styles, so that other Aeon members aren't bumping into you and fouling up your game, so to speak.
((Let me know when I can describe Li's train to the group))
If you want to skip ahead after informing one of them, go ahead.

If you want to skip ahead after informing one of them, go ahead.

While the rest of the gang informs those who need to know, Dr. Bryce heads back to his home to pick up his adventuring gear and supplies. Then will have Dr. Mayer drop him off at the train.

"Thanks for the lift old boy. Make sure that my plants get plenty of water, it wasn't easy getting those orchids here from Egypt." Dr. Bryces instruction are left on semi-deaf ears, as Dr. Mayer hands him his gear.

"Be careful Jackson, these new folks your working with...you don't know anything about them!"

"Fear not old boy, can't be any worse than the mining group that left us in the pyramids with out supplies..."

With that he hefts his leather roll full of gear over his shoulder and makes his way to the luxurious train, alive with crew getting it ready for passage.

"...Whats the Silk Road?"

"Only the finest intra-continental luxury trasportation money can buy. State of the art and designed precisely to my specifications. Come, let me show you. We shall alert our hosts to our destination on the way out..."

{{Crane shot overhead looking down upon the three men, Li-Shen standing proud in front forming a triangle, and dwarfed by Asura who sits nearly 9 feet tall on his haunches. The camera sweeps down and behind the men, passing low to their legs to emphasize the immense train rising from the tracks before them.}}

40 cars long and two to three stories high it sits like a black behemoth. It sides are thick with armor plating, coated in red laquer and gold trim. Many of the cars are designed with curving pointed oriental roofs giving it a palatial presence.

"When I first arrived in the West, I realized it would be counterproductive to invest in property as I would never be still enough to enjoy it. So I found a way to keep my home with me..."

{{Li-Shen speaks as they walk, with bullettime-esque 360 shots of each car as he describes them.}}

"The Silk Road has 4 powerful German Engines, two fore and two aft. Behind the forward engines are my personal suite of cars and accomodations for the Tigers who perform in my show. In addition you will find a dining car with an overhead observation deck and smoking lounge, staffed by a dedicated galley car equipped to keep my full staff plus the tigers fed for a month, or two in lean times. Beyond you will find a gaming car with a casino level and billiard room."

"Six fully equipped luxury suite cars are then at your disposal my friends, followed by a second private windowless lounge and meeting room, a bathhouse car with a solar-heated cistern, and a steel and glass three story arboretum stocked with exotic plants, birds and and reptiles from across southeast asia. This car is outfitted with a special airlock system to ensure that the climate control and humidity remain tropical throughout the year."

"In the rear of the locomotive are the storage cars for transporting the specialized equipment used to produce my show as well as a bigtop rig for rural engaments. 3 of the 6 automobile cars are currently filled with my personal fleet including three top of the line Rolls Royce Phantoms. A medical car, equipped for surgery is attended by my personal physician and the crew quarters and caboose sit directly in front of the rear engines."

"I bring Wonder to the World."

" I believe you" Jackson says absently with his eyes wide.

" Thank you for allowing us to use your personal transport. I wasn't sure if the Society would be footing the bill for travel!" Dr. Bryce says while giving a light elbow to the side of Li-Shen for emphasis.

" When do we push off for Los Angeles?"

At the sight of the luxurious train, the composed hunter stops dead in his tracks, gaping at the its ornate armor.

The modern language of Li-Shen's description of the train rolls over Joshua like water over stone, and he stands silent as stone while Li-Shen and Dr. Bryce discuss it. After a moment of quiet contemplation, he looks over at them and asks, "Does it.. does it move?"

At the sight of the luxurious train, the composed hunter stops dead in his tracks, gaping at the its ornate armor.

The modern language of Li-Shen's description of the train rolls over Joshua like water over stone, and he stands silent as stone while Li-Shen and Dr. Bryce discuss it. After a moment of quiet contemplation, he looks over at them and asks, "Does it.. does it move?"

"Haha. I should hope so my friend, lest is be the worlds largest paperweight!" Bryce responds as he moves towards the train to climb aboard.

Archived