BlueNinja

Just noticed something that the Inspired can do that I don't think the average Nova can match.

First max out your dice pool for a specific task. With ability mastery and a specialty, this gives you 12 dice. (Not too shabby.)

Make sure it's for a task that you can apply your Intuitive or Reflective facet extra-dice to, raising your die pool for one action to 17 dice.

Then drop one point of temporary Inspiration, and double your die pool for a single action. Your die pool is now 34 dice. ::huh

Short of Divis-like levels of quantum and matching megas, I don't think novas can compete with this for one die roll. ::laugh I'm really starting to like Adventure more and more.

I see three ways this can be done in Abby:

Way #1: Might (Cheesy)

Strength 5

Might 5

Specialty 1

Luck 5

(16 dice)

Mega-Strength 5 (25 autosucc which we will count as dice)

Total: 41

Way #2: Seduction Roll (based on Style):

Appearance 5

Mega-App 5

Style 5

Mega-App bonus to Style 5

Specialty 1

Luck 5

Eufiber Attuned 3

(29 dice)

Weave 5

Wits 5

Mega-Wits 5

Averages 8.5 succ on a weave roll, which can be used as extra dice for Style

Sub Total: 37.5 dice

Two Enhancements give +3 auto succ (which might be dropped down to dice or at least should be counted)

Total: 43.5

• 6 months later...

You see, its tricks like this that make me think full-grown paramorphs would be competitive with psychamorphs and eximorphs. Eximorphs have the quantum powers and mega-atts, psychamorphs have the psi powers ( if you use the TPG rules options, they don't need anything more ), and paramorphs get the obscene skill capability and luck.

Hmm... looking back, I can increase that Style roll by another 2.4 dice. Luck double dips because it effects both Style and Weave, and we could have a speciality on the Weave roll.

So that's 45.9, and if we have Qualities as well that's adding another 10% or effectively another 4.6 dice for a total of 50.5.

That's something like 26 succ (megas and auto succ increase the odds).

One wonders what 26 succ on a style based seduction roll looks like.

I remember back when I used to play DnD, about the hottest thing one could find would be a Nymph. To see one meant that you had to make a save or be stuck blind. Should she remove her clothing, you would have to save or die...

Hmmm...So a character build with Alex's dice pool config above, a permanent strobe and perhaps a reflixive or triggered "disintegrate" or something

I actually had that conversation with someone at one point (Wakinyan from N!). We came to the conclusion that if you get 10+ successes over the resisted, then you could successfully make a straight man gay...or bird griffin thing.

must've been what happened to Overclocked Ash! ::laugh

Archived