Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Episode 0.5 - Introduction

Well now. The end of Episode 0.5: Introduction is almost here. So I'll start the voting now.

All players (except Nullifier because he left, and Jason because he's new) who took part in the Intro need to give me a vote for one character who they believe did the best job. Whether the "best" means funniest, most advancing to the plot, or liked you the best, is up to you. You do not need to justify your choice. You cannot, obviously, vote for yourself. Whoever gets the most votes gets 1XP.

Since this was a short episode, all characters get only 1XP automatic. Seeing as how I'm a cruel and dictatorial GM, this experience point will be granted as a specialty that I picked out for each character. ::biggrin

When the voting is done, I will be giving all characters their 1-3XP for how well they RP'd.

The only person getting OMFG XP is Alex, who got 1XP for six successes on six dice.

If you wish to spend your experience after the voting is complete, please either post it here, or PM me.

Here you go Alex.

At the end of each episode, for entertainment, each player may write one “outtake” from the “filming” of the episode. Unless they are overwhelmingly amazing, no experience will be awarded for these. The “trailer” is a vote by the players, for whichever single character you feel did the best job advancing the plot. For obvious reasons, you cannot vote for yourself. I will not vote except in the case of a tie. You may abstain if you cannot decide.

Put the outtakes here in this thread.

Paul wins! Paul gets an extra XP. This means that Alex gets to describe what a 15-30 second tv trailer for this episode would be like. Or I can give an example for this episode to give everyone a better idea of how it should work in the future.

So, for his automatic XP, Ash gets the First Aid specialty for Medicine. Ash was played fairly well to match his Daredevil/Hedonist, so I am awarding 2XP.

Paul's automatic XP gives him Dual Pistols for Firearms. Paul also got 1XP from the trailer, and 1XP from die roll. Paul played the Survivor pretty well, but not so much the Force of Nature, so I am awarding 1XP (for a total of 3XP).

Brandt's automatic XP gives him Knives for Throwing. Brandt in this episode was played more like a Thrillseeker than an Architect, but he did a passable job with his Protector concept, plus he all-around impressed me, so I am awarding 2XP.

Jonathan's automatic XP gives him Cover Fire for Firearms. Jonathan played his Pagan part well, and not so much the Caregiver. I award 1XP.

Eli's automatic XP gives him Dodge for Athletics. Eli played his Scholar/Analyst almost flawlessly, so I award 3XP.

{TV trailer.}

Narrator: "A small group of novas must put their lives on the line to save the planet."

Shot of the Star Gate with most of the team looking at it in awe.

Shot of Michal saying, “We have a gate leading to alternate Earths.”

(Quickly going to) Short Shots of Probe reporting from various Earths, mostly the uninhabitable ones.

Shot of Pat saying, “You’d have to be insane to go through that gate. What if we can’t get back?”

Shot of aliens ripping up a planet, then another where they are done. Michal says off screen,

“That planet has been ravaged. Their technology is way beyond ours.”

Shot of various members of the team shooting at the range (including Claire), the shot ends with Pat blowing up his target.

Shot of Star Gate again, with Michal saying off screen,

“We can’t go public. Our only hope is to go through the gate and hope we can find what we need before they get here.”

Shot of some of the hand to hand combat, mostly Brandt moving in a blur, although there is also Paul totally fading away.

Narrator: "One of them won’t last the night." (Rapid flash through all team members and support, again specifically including Claire).

Out Take 1:

Ash and his trainer stand a body length apart from one another. The tension grows as one waits for the other to begin.

Ash steps in with a quick punch, expertly catching the other man on the chin, then ducks downward as he grabs the others arm. He uses his leverage as he spins to start to throw the man...who dosent stop.

"Arghhhhh!" *CRASH* comes the loud sounds from off screen as Ash cringes.

"Ehh...eh heh...I think I over did that one..." Ash says sheepishly, but grinning like a wildman.

"Is that right? Raarrr!" Ash's opponent yells as he leaps back at him, knocking him back and again outside the cameras range and the footage goes stops.

Two more outtakes:

Standing on the ramp leading up to the plastic and metal ring, a flashing light turns on in the ceiling above you. The inner part of the ring starts turning, stopping with a squeal of brakes and a clunking sound as the red lights around the outside turn on. With each red light marking a symbol, a sense of presence starts to fill the room - lights and movement inside the ring that don't last long enough for the mind to comprehend them, noises and voices just loud enough to be heard, but too soft to be understood. At last the final symbol clunks into place, the ring fills with a bright blue light, and white letters. "Damnit Michal, I told you we should have used something other than Windows 98 for the operating system!" Richard shouts.

With an identical smile, Rieller pushes the button, and new cardboard targets emerge at the other end of the range. Taking his gun up, he closes his eyes, puts his back to the range, and fires over his shoulder. A hum, a crack, and then a series of bangs and sparks echo from downrange. "Rieller," Claire says, "remember what I said would happen if you shot me again?"

"Yes, I do. You had just finished downing a gallon of single-malt whiskey, and threatened to hire Rodi to dress up in a clown suit to chase me around and get dirty pictures of me into the tabloids if it was anything less than a perfect shot." Lowering the rifle, he turns around to face a cross-eyes Claire trying to see the bullet impacted on the bridge of her nose. He plucks it off and examines it. "Yep, perfect shot."

Scowling, Claire stalks out of the range. "I want a raise!"

Alternate trailer (just for the premiere episode) :

Narrator: This fall, a new series from Sci Fi.

(camera shot of the front of the SGE, zooming in to the sign on the front of the building)

Narr: A team of unlikely heroes prepare to travel where no human or nova has ever been.

(camera shot of the briefing room, and the team including Archimedes sitting around for the briefing. Then separate shots of each character as Michal talks. Eli using the energy whip; Paul fading from view; Ash sighting down the laser; Jonathan standing in the woods face to face with a puma; Brandt vanishing in a cloud of dust; Pat flying down the hallway; Archimedes facing down a mugger who starts bleeding out of his ears.)

Michal: All of you have been chosen for your specific skills. I need you to travel to alternate Earths. We’re facing an alien invasion … they strip-mine entire planets. And they’re headed our way.

(camera shot of the six standing in front of the gate for their first mission, then turning to take in the inky curtain inside the ring)

Richard: Come back safely. We’ll leave the light on for you.

-----

Alex did a great job. Something like that, or this, are exactly what I'm looking for. ::smile Try to keep in mind moments to use for the trailer for Episode 1 should you win, especially ones that focus on your character.

Archived