Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Trans-Dimensional Explorations

BlueNinja

The glowing stagehand splutters something, and jerks a little bit when Paul injects him, but a moment later the glow fades out, revealing a fairly normal looking guy standing there wearing a backwards baseball cap. He looks at his arm where Paul injected the Mox, then takes a step backwards - right off the catwalk, where he hovers, apparently unaware that he is standing on air! The others, especially Brother Max, gasp in astonishment. "Who are you?" he asks, and then waves a hand in Paul's direction.
Paul unattunes his mask and as much of his clothes as he can as he replies,

"Someone like you, but with a few years of practice under my belt. I'm Paul Blue. If it makes you feel better, I really am a Doctor. ::laugh Actually I'm a Doctor even if it doesn't make you feel better. Ah, you'd better take my hand..."

Paul reaches over and grabs the other man's hand and arm...

If successful he continues, "Good. Now look down." ::sly If he starts to drop Paul will try to catch him and lower the two of them to the ground.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kristin hangs in the back, and then reaches over to take one of the welding goggles from Simon. "How do you do that mask trick?" she asks him quietly.

Simon turns to regard Kristin as she handles the goggles.

"The answer to that may not make sense now, but hopefully in time it may. I simply manipulate the fields of Quantum energy to create solid matter in any way I require. This matter can be created to mimic objects with which I maintain an intimate knowledge of function."

Noting the look on her face, he adds quickly

"Basically I can make things out of thin air." A silly look crosses his face aiming to keep her calm.

Still astonished, Brother Max turns to the rest of the group, glances around the stage, and waves everyone towards the chairs and couches set up for the evenings presentation. "I'm not sure who you are, but it's clear to me that I'll have to suddenly - and unexpectedly - change tonight's show. Please, sit, and I'll see if I can get some PAs to bring us some coffee and donuts."

Theo nodded, pleased to see the stage hand was responding positively.

*I hope whatever changes he's got in mind are good ones.*

Esteban had been close to the light-man, ready to aid Paul if the situation warranted it. Now he relaxed slightly as the good Doctor seemed to have the situation well in hand. Esteban decides to remain on the catwalk (!), concealed and with a commanding view of the entire studio. Should anything unpleasent occur, he is prepared to pounce upon it...

Paul manages to make the mask and his shirt and pants reappear before stepping out and taking the light man with an invisible hand. At his words, the man looks down, cries out in fear, and jumps - ending up a foot higher and two feet further away from the catwalk than he started. "That's ... that's ... is that you? Or me?"

Kristin looks at Simon doubtfully as he explains things a little too heavy on the technobabble. "I don't think I can do that. Do you think I could learn how to make just my face invisible?" She scrunches up her face, apparently concentrating on figuring it out, or possibly how to force her power the way she wants.

Max sits down in a green-dyed leather chair. "Oh, we have almost two hours before we let in the audience. By which time, I should have been sitting in the makeup chair taking a nap! So, first, if you would - I think I need to know a little more about all of you. There's no way I could not tell the world about you. This is a wonderous thing!" Smiling, he turns first to Kristin, apparently keen on talking to the locals first.

Near Esteban, one of the other stagehands is leaning on the railing, gaping in shock at the sight of two people (well, one person and a pair of animate clothes) standing in mid-air, fifty feet above the floor.

Paul manages to make the mask and his shirt and pants reappear before stepping out and taking the light man with an invisible hand. At his words, the man looks down, cries out in fear, and jumps - ending up a foot higher and two feet further away from the catwalk than he started. "That's ... that's ... is that you? Or me?"
Paul says back soothingly,

"Both of us actually. You stepped off the cat walk a few moments ago without realizing it. Just hover here for a moment and get the feel of it. Relax. I'll catch you if you fall."

"You've just erupted into a nova. It's perfectly natural occurance even if it is rare. Looks like you have the powers to create light and fly. Those are pretty nice, flight especially. You should do well."

"In a few moments I'm going to try to lower us to the ground. Those drugs I gave you should be making it easier to... " *Avoid doing anything stupid like flying into a wall and hurting yourself* "...ah... manage your new powers. I've been doing this for years and I know what I'm doing."

Kristin looks at Simon doubtfully as he explains things a little too heavy on the technobabble. "I don't think I can do that. Do you think I could learn how to make just my face invisible?" She scrunches up her face, apparently concentrating on figuring it out, or possibly how to force her power the way she wants.

"I think you'd stand out even more than you do now if only your face became invisible. You can try, though."

(do you want us to respond to Brother Max now? You trailed off with him asking an NPC to talk to him)

After making sure the situation is difused and that the guards have eased down, Esteban makes his way back to the floor level. He makes himself visible again from the concealment of the stands and makes his way nonchalantly back to Kristen while Brother Max questions the team. Anyone observing him would see just a curious cat that had been exploring and sniffing about the studio.

*This should be interesting* he sends over the link.

*I bet even their science is clouded by religion. Not that I can blame them. My own beliefs lean towards shamanism. The difference is that my beliefs are inclusive and having a mystic perspective doesn't get in the way of my empirical research. Christianity however has a different sort of track record when it comes to examining the facts...*

Max spends about ten minutes talking to all of the locals, then another twenty questioning the members of the team. Most of it is about their personalities and their backgrounds, and their powers and how they've used them.

Then, with an hour left before the show, he leads everyone backstage to the makeup room. Unfortunate PAs are put to work making sure that a dozen unexpected guests are prepared to go on camera, and the really unfortunate production assistants are put to work trying to soothe the guests who were expected to go on - and now won't be.

Local Time 1800

Family Time with Brother Max (Family Broadcasting Network) -

"Hello, and welcome to Family Time with Brother Max. I know that today we were supposed to have a session on dealing with teenagers who don't want to wear their faith on their sleeve." Max smiles and looks out over the audience. "But something amazing has come up, and we're changing tonights format. Instead, I'd like you to welcome the following guests. And please, though some of them will look a bit strange, I know they are true Christians at heart."

Stepping to one side, Brother Max gestures towards the backstage entrance as he calls them out one by one. "Professor Arthur Stryx from the University of Las Vegas!" An arm stretches out from the entrance, grasps the chair, and then seems to pull the body along with it. The usual applause is quickly cut off as the audience starts to cry out in shock and surprise. "Father Raphael Pellinose!" The priest strides out confidently, bows towards the audience, then tosses his hands into the air, letting loose a bird made of fire, that flies up into the catwalks to disappear. "Bradley!" Bradley drops out of the rafters, his wings burning brightly, to land adroitly on his chair. "And Kristin!" Kristin fades into view in her chair, wearing a simple white domino mask helpfully provided by Simon before the show.

The audience is mostly silent, though some are still crying out in fear and anger. Brother Max turns his attention on the audience. "My friends, do not fear. These people are not demons, nor controlled by Satan. Neither are they angels, though I think that God has his hand in their miraculous powers. There will be more people just like them - regular people, suddenly granted extraordinary powers. The ability to fly, to control fire, to turn invisible - these powers have been given to normal people, people just like you. So today, you're going to learn about these four people."

Brother Max takes about twenty minutes, talking to the four locals in turn, asking them questions designed to show the audience just how normal they really are. Then he goes to a commercial break, and brings them backstage, where the party awaits. "Are you guys ready?" He looks at Jonathan. "You're going to have the hard part. I hope you've been able to think up something suitably convincing. I believe you, but I know the Quorum won't, not without something like hard evidence, and that could take months for observatories to find."

The theme music starts up, and Max nods to the group. "Right, showtime. Just come out when I call your name. As impressive or normal as you want." He hurries back onto the stage, and starts into his spiel, calling out everyone.

((Go ahead and make your entrances now. If you want to start the talking to the public/camera, just add an "And after the party is all onstage," bit. ))

"Are you guys ready?" He looks at Jonathan. "You're going to have the hard part. I hope you've been able to think up something suitably convincing. I believe you, but I know the Quorum won't, not without something like hard evidence, and that could take months for observatories to find."

The theme music starts up, and Max nods to the group. "Right, showtime. Just come out when I call your name. As impressive or normal as you want." He hurries back onto the stage, and starts into his spiel, calling out everyone.

((Go ahead and make your entrances now. If you want to start the talking to the public/camera, just add an "And after the party is all onstage," bit. ))

"I... I can't," Theo faltered, her face pale. It was ok when the room was almost empty, but now there were so many people... and the cameras...!

"Please don't make me go out there...!"

"I... I can't," Theo faltered, her face pale. It was ok when the room was almost empty, but now there were so many people... and the cameras...!

"Please don't make me go out there...!"

Esteban-the-cat rubs nuzzles his forehead along Theo's shin, and pings Paul through the link to connect him to the shy Nova.

*It will be alright. I am here with you. We all are. And as scared as you may feel, imagine how those for younglings fel out there...the first of their kind in this world...*

He nuzzles her again, pushing gently in the direcetion of the stage.

Simon turns to Theo and adds to Estebans sentiment.

*Do not forget the opportunity we now hold in our hands. The chance that these Quantum recipients may have a positive life could come down to this.*

He then adds outloud. "Though if it will help, perhaps I could assist there as well."

Simon summons several types of face masks, hoods and the like.

"If you are agoraphobic and or afraid of being on stage...having a hidden face helps. In most clinical studies that is."

Simon shifts his own Eufiber back to the likeness he has on his own realm. In seconds, the Obsidian Mask is back.

Paul sends to everyone other than Theo,

*Perhaps she should shouldn't go. If she's out there and openly showing fear the whole time, I'm not sure that sends the image we want.

(Before going on stage)

Paul inquires as to whether there is an image consultant (or even make up artist) present and asks him or her a number of style questions to make sure his outfit and cross is just so.

(After everyone who is going on stage is on stage)

Paul says to the camera,

“Well, I guess the first thing to address is the obvious. Yes, we did start the current wave of eruptions. Not what we intended, but you’re going to need them. And yes, we aren’t from around here.”

“In order to understand the present you need to understand the past. Where we come from people started to erupt into novas, like what has happened to them,” Paul motions to the new novas, “the better part of two decades ago. One of the early novas got the power of greatly enhanced intelligence.”

“Enhanced Intelligence isn’t as flashy as being able to Heal with a touch or being able to fly, but over the long term it’s more important. People like that invent new technologies that everyone can use. The cure for cancer for example.”

“This particular nova studied time, and he discovered the existence of alternate realities. Places were history played out differently. Different sides won wars, different people were born, and then the future played out from that. You go back far enough and the nature of mankind itself changes. He sent us to explore some of them looking for answers and allies, because we desperately need help. More on that later.”

“Your history and ours are pretty close. We have the same languages, the same religions, and the same countries. One of the big differences is novas, and here we made a mistake. Your world has an abundance of the energy that novas generate. We don’t know why. We’d assumed it was because you’d had a lot more novas than us for a much longer time. So we came here to see what solutions you had for various issues, and instead we’ve become a match in a dry forest. You see, one of the things that creates a nova is the presence of another nova. It never occurred to us you could have so much quantum energy without having novas.”

“So… what proof do I have that I’m telling the truth? Well, we have the various nit-knacks an advanced technology would produce. We’ve had novas around for decades, cancer and most other diseases have been cured. We have detailed specs on how. You have novas now so you’d figure it out for yourself, but this will save years and lives. We can also tell you details on the new novas physical changes, how that works and what they should avoid. We have a number of doses of drugs that will help newly erupted novas to control their powers and we have specifications on how to make them.”

Simon turns to Theo and adds to Estebans sentiment.

*Do not forget the opportunity we now hold in our hands. The chance that these Quantum recipients may have a positive life could come down to this.*

He then adds outloud. "Though if it will help, perhaps I could assist there as well."

Simon summons several types of face masks, hoods and the like.

"If you are agoraphobic and or afraid of being on stage...having a hidden face helps. In most clinical studies that is."

Simon shifts his own Eufiber back to the likeness he has on his own realm. In seconds, the Obsidian Mask is back.

Theo blinked at the masks Simon pulls out of thin air, then abruptly sits down.

"No, I can't. Please don't push me... we don't all have to be out there."

Theo blinked at the masks Simon pulls out of thin air, then abruptly sits down.

"No, I can't. Please don't push me... we don't all have to be out there."

*What if you came out but stayed invisible?* suggested Esteban.

*It would be like therapy...you'll have the feeling of being in the crowd yet enjoy the safety of being hidden. It could allow you to work with your fear.*

If she still refuses to come out, Esteban walks in after Paul and pads over to Kristen. Her fears were similar to Theo's though to a lesser degree and Esteban felt protective of her. Besides, she was the only person to show him kindness as a cat...

Simon will walk out to stand next to Paul blue, in his full Obsidian Mask outfit.

"I am the Obsidian Mask, like the good doctor here, I am a Nova. We are here to assist you and your Nova's in any way possible. I can give you volumes on my Quantum research, which will most definately answer many of your burning questions.'

The mask stands with his fists at his hips, his imposing stance and glare and un earthly voice boom throughout the small theatre.

"Be kind to your new saviors, they have powers beyond your imagination, and can help you build a better world.' As he speaks he begins to tug at a fabric of space, and as it distorts, a spinning globe appears between his metallic clad fingers.

"This is a great time for you all, embrace it." His last statement was focused at the new Novas, though it booms to everyone there.

Rolling his eyes at the Obsidian Mask's dramatic little speech, Brandt steps out onto the stage. Hiding the butterflies in his stomach behind a friendly smile, he addresses the audience and camera equally. "Hello, my name is Brandt Jefferson. Like the others you've met so far, I have certain powers. My main ability is super-speed, for lack of a better term." He smiles again, pausing for the camera before disappearing from view in a blur. Suddenly re-appearing at the rear of the studio audience, he calls out to the nearest cameraman. "Over here." Staying long enough to wave at the new camera, he's gone again; abruptly standing next to Brother Max. Turning to face their host, he extends his hand and smiles before looking out at the audience. "I'd like to thank Brother Max for this wonderful opportunity. He has welcomed and embraced us with understanding and compassion." He turns back to smile at Brother Max directly, waiting for the reciprocal handshake offer.

The crowd seems a little skeptical at first - then Simon tugs at the fabric of reality, opening a hole with a wondrous view of Earth from space. A few moments later, Brandt dashes around the theater leaving scattered papers and touseled hair with his speed. Brother Max waits until the introductions are over, then cuts to commercials and brings everyone together. "Well, there's no doubt that you are who you say you are. Did you have anything else impressive to show? Maybe, I dunno, a captured alien or something of the sort?"

The crowd seems a little skeptical at first - then Simon tugs at the fabric of reality, opening a hole with a wondrous view of Earth from space. A few moments later, Brandt dashes around the theater leaving scattered papers and touseled hair with his speed. Brother Max waits until the introductions are over, then cuts to commercials and brings everyone together. "Well, there's no doubt that you are who you say you are. Did you have anything else impressive to show? Maybe, I dunno, a captured alien or something of the sort?"

"What we've got doesn't show up on camera," Theo mutters softly, staying away from the stage. She could feel the curious eyes watching her from the audience. *That other super-saturated world we went to, there was something they found in San Francisco Bay. Could they have found another artifact here? Would Brother Max know about anything like it?*

Paul sends back to Theo (and everyone else),

*A good question, well thought Theo. Ah, but that's not one I want to ask while we're on the air. Anything we say or do here is heard by the world.*

Paul answers,

"The aliens are too dangerous to take alive. We kill them on sight and vise versa. As for impressive... I'm a healer, albet a weak one. In theory that means I can heal, well, anything. If anyone in the audiance is missing a limb or some fingers or something I'll be glad to give it swing. You could zoom in on his or her stump and watch some or all of it grow back."

Simon stands with his arms crossing his chest as he shakes visibly with laughter, the boom of his unearthly voice made even worse by his mask.

"Paul, regrowing somebody's limbs on national television may very well be the most amazing thing these people have ever been exposed to. It would beat their late night commercial adds which merely regrow hair, albeit non-successfully. The chemical compounds which are utilized are not nearly as effective as -"

He pauses as if catching himself in mid rant.

"Do you feel that healing the sick on television may be a bit much for an exceptionally religious world...Dr.?"

Simon stands with his arms crossing his chest as he shakes visibly with laughter, the boom of his unearthly voice made even worse by his mask.

"Paul, regrowing somebody's limbs on national television may very well be the most amazing thing these people have ever been exposed to. It would beat their late night commercial adds which merely regrow hair, albeit non-successfully. The chemical compounds which are utilized are not nearly as effective as -"

He pauses as if catching himself in mid rant.

"Do you feel that healing the sick on television may be a bit much for an exceptionally religious world...Dr.?"

Paul shrugs and says,

"I'm willing to be over ruled here," Paul glances at the rest of the novas but specifically Johnathan and the good Brother, "...but I think we want something over the top showing novas as a force for good. Healing is pretty much the one power no one can claim is evil. Strength and speed are weapons, the cure for cancer will take months to verify. By that time the PR war will be over."

"I understand your angle here Dr. I just feel it prudent to bring up that information. Perhaps by showing you can cure the sick and heal the wounded you would replace those that faith has been built upon. Something of that magnitude, although petty, could perhaps destroy a civilization."

Simon turns to take in the audience and his fellow novas.

"Then again, it could just cure the sick and heal the wounded...good PR indeed."

Jonathan says to Paul, "I'm not against healing them. After all, they're likely to have a few people erupt with healing, so we might as well break it to them now. Besides, we're here to help, no sense in holding back on that task."

He then turns to Brother Max. "We don't have any captured aliens or anything like that. We have a few pieces of alien technology we've picked up along the way, but we left them on our own world. Some of their technology can be a bit dangerous, so we try to be cautious with it."

Paul says, "Well, then it sounds like we have a plan. After the break we'll open with the healing... then tell people about the aliens."

Paul looks at the audience for someone who would make a good subject. If he finds someone he'll approach them and present the plan, if he can't then he'll ask the audience for a vollenteer.

Paul says, "Well, then it sounds like we have a plan. After the break we'll open with the healing... then tell people about the aliens."

Paul looks at the audience for someone who would make a good subject. If he finds someone he'll approach them and present the plan, if he can't then he'll ask the audience for a vollenteer.

Paul scans the crowd for a minute, finally picking out someone near the back of the room with some fairly bad burn scars. When the show comes back from commercial, Brother Max calls the woman to the stage, and with cameras and audience watching closely (and intensely), Paul turns on his healing powers. The scars fade, though not entirely, and the astonished crowd watches as she looks at herself in the mirror. As she raises a trembling hand to touch her (mostly) restored visage, it begins to glow green, and using her own hand cures the scarring as though wiping dirt off her face. By the time she's finished, she has a level of beauty only seen among novas.

Brother Max stammers for a moment, then regains his composure and carefully (but pointedly) looks out at the crowd. "There you have it, good people. A live demonstration of what good people can do with these abilities. Tonight, and over the next few weeks, we'll undoubtably be seeing more of our friends and neighbors gaining powers like these. Remember well that they need our compassion, our friendship, and most of all our faith. Good night."

When the cameras turn off, he turns back to Jonathan and Paul. "Is anyone else going to gain powers like that tonight? It was ... indescribable!"

"We can only guess at how quickly this will spread. Before long, people all around the world may be finding these powers. That wasn't the end of the show, was it? We haven't gotten a chance to warn them yet."

"One bombshell at a time," Theo says, rejoining her friends now that the cameras were off and the audience being herded out of the studio. "Besides, maybe this is the lucky world we've been looking for."

Paul scans the crowd for a minute, finally picking out someone near the back of the room with some fairly bad burn scars. When the show comes back from commercial, Brother Max calls the woman to the stage, and with cameras and audience watching closely (and intensely), Paul turns on his healing powers. The scars fade, though not entirely, and the astonished crowd watches as she looks at herself in the mirror. As she raises a trembling hand to touch her (mostly) restored visage, it begins to glow green, and using her own hand cures the scarring as though wiping dirt off her face. By the time she's finished, she has a level of beauty only seen among novas.
Paul says to the woman,

"Well, one of my better efforts, even before you stepped in and finished up for me. Congradulations, you're a nova. Maybe even with healing powers too."

(Over the link) *Odd... I'm not kidding either. That really was a good piece of work, maybe even too good. My healing gift doesn't function at that strength level normally.*

Brother Max stammers for a moment, then regains his composure and carefully (but pointedly) looks out at the crowd. "There you have it, good people. A live demonstration of what good people can do with these abilities. Tonight, and over the next few weeks, we'll undoubtably be seeing more of our friends and neighbors gaining powers like these. Remember well that they need our compassion, our friendship, and most of all our faith. Good night."

When the cameras turn off, he turns back to Jonathan and Paul. "Is anyone else going to gain powers like that tonight? It was ... indescribable!"

Paul says cheerfully,

"Beat's me. Maybe. No, lot's of people probably. The effect is probably world wide by now."

"One bombshell at a time," Theo says, rejoining her friends now that the cameras were off and the audience being herded out of the studio. "Besides, maybe this is the lucky world we've been looking for."
(Over the link) *Maybe... but my guess is "No". Too many out of the box novas here are already showing signs of taint. We may be looking at a slow motion Overclocked.*

"We can only guess at how quickly this will spread. Before long, people all around the world may be finding these powers. That wasn't the end of the show, was it? We haven't gotten a chance to warn them yet."
Max nods. "We were almost out of time anyway - amazing how fast an hour goes by, isn't it? But the other reason I ended was that while your friend Paul was healing that women, stage security notified me that I had some unexpected visitors." He surrepticiously motions towards the backstage area, where two MIB-looking men (except in silvery-gray, not black) are watching the stage and everyone on it.
Paul says to the woman,

"Well, one of my better efforts, even before you stepped in and finished up for me. Congradulations, you're a nova. Maybe even with healing powers too."

She looks at you, then at her hand, then back at the mirror. "I ... can heal people?" She drops the mirror, and embraces you, and then Brother Max. "Praise the Lord!"
(Over the link) *Odd... I'm not kidding either. That really was a good piece of work, maybe even too good. My healing gift doesn't function at that strength level normally.*
On a good day, you could pull off something like this back home. Some people are more responsive to quantum healing than others. Perhaps it's a sign of latency?
(Over the link) *Maybe... but my guess is "No". Too many out of the box novas here are already showing signs of taint. We may be looking at a slow motion Overclocked.*
*Man, I've had too many closing shifts listing to Heinlein audio books. Now I'm starting to hear voices.* The voice echoes in Paul's head, as though someone turned up the reverb on their telepathy.

*Maybe... but my guess is "No". Too many out of the box novas here are already showing signs of taint. We may be looking at a slow motion Overclocked.*

*I meant maybe the aliens went off somewhere else.*

Max nods. "We were almost out of time anyway - amazing how fast an hour goes by, isn't it? But the other reason I ended was that while your friend Paul was healing that women, stage security notified me that I had some unexpected visitors." He surrepticiously motions towards the backstage area, where two MIB-looking men (except in silvery-gray, not black) are watching the stage and everyone on it.

Theo glanced over her shoulder and shrugged. "They made good time. What do you know about them?"

Paul asks,

"Yes? Can we help you?"

She looks at you, then at her hand, then back at the mirror. "I ... can heal people?" She drops the mirror, and embraces you, and then Brother Max. "Praise the Lord!"
As always when embracing a mega-attractive woman, Paul enjoys himself. ::sly
*Man, I've had too many closing shifts listing to Heinlein audio books. Now I'm starting to hear voices.* The voice echoes in Paul's head, as though someone turned up the reverb on their telepathy.
Paul ::confused tries to keep his face in a neutral expression then holds up his hand to indicate to the others that he's communicating mentally.

He sends back warmly, *I'm guessing one of us just become a telepath, almost certainly you. Congradulations, you've become a nova. Let me guess, you don't watch Brother Max? Hi there, I'm Paul Blue. Can I ask your name and location? Right now we're in Brother Max's studio.*

Paul asks,

"Yes? Can we help you?"

The two men come forward, and nod warily to you and Jonathan. "I'm Inquisitor Blackman, this is Inquisitor Ryan. We were sent here at the beginning of the broadcast, and, well," he trails off, then shakes his head and takes off the standard-issue sunglasses. "What is your purpose for coming here to our world?"
Paul ::confused tries to keep his face in a neutral expression then holds up his hand to indicate to the others that he's communicating mentally.

He sends back warmly, *I'm guessing one of us just become a telepath, almost certainly you. Congradulations, you've become a nova. Let me guess, you don't watch Brother Max? Hi there, I'm Paul Blue. Can I ask your name and location? Right now we're in Brother Max's studio.*

There's a sense of surprise and confusion. *Brother Max? I record his show - can't watch it at the mini-mart. Does this mean I'm not going crazy?*

The two men come forward, and nod warily to you and Jonathan. "I'm Inquisitor Blackman, this is Inquisitor Ryan. We were sent here at the beginning of the broadcast, and, well," he trails off, then shakes his head and takes off the standard-issue sunglasses. "What is your purpose for coming here to our world?"
Paul says,

"Firstly we're here to verify a bunch of intell which turned out to be wrong. Knowing that you had vast experience with novas, we wanted to check out your social set up and at the same time beg, trade for, or steal some of your higher level of technology. What we found was that our level of technology is much higher, and we have had novas for much longer. So basically we're here wasting our time." Paul looks slightly irritated, he's making the best of an annoying situation.

There's a sense of surprise and confusion. *Brother Max? I record his show - can't watch it at the mini-mart. Does this mean I'm not going crazy?*
*Yep. When you want the show keep an eye out for the chick with the burns. The moment she got healed she errupted, and I think so did you. I'm the guy who healed her. I'd wave at the camera but the show has already ended.*

*Say, that's a point. If I knew how far away you were from Brother Max's studio I'd have an idea on the range of this thing. Is the mini-mart near by his studio?*

Paul says,

"Firstly we're here to verify a bunch of intell which turned out to be wrong. Knowing that you had vast experience with novas, we wanted to check out your social set up and at the same time beg, trade for, or steal some of your higher level of technology. What we found was that our level of technology is much higher, and we have had novas for much longer. So basically we're here wasting our time." Paul looks slightly irritated, he's making the best of an annoying situation.

Theo's right eyebrow arched speculatively as the two men introduced themselves.

*maybe we should tell them more about why we're really here. If they'd believe us.*

Idly she wondered if they knew she was one of the visitors or not. Of course, they didn't know what she could do....

Theo's right eyebrow arched speculatively as the two men introduced themselves.

*maybe we should tell them more about why we're really here. If they'd believe us.*

Paul sends back to everyone *I think so... but that wasn't a call I wanted to make by myself. Also we just had a telepath either hack into my side of the network or join it. He's even more suprised at this than I was. I'm not sure how much of this he's getting but he seems to have erupted when I healed that gal. No name yet but he works at some mall.*

Archived