Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - SuperGeek Enterprises: Exploration

BlueNinja

If Esteban and I are at the top for Soak perhaps I should consider activating Nathan's newly emerged Shapeshifting to get some extra Armour and Claws?

Looks like I better improve his Martial Arts and or Dex (into M-Dex?) fast as well. ::biggrin

I did a quick check and couldn't find a description of the Meklar anywhere.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So does it look like the Meks on the other side of the door are on alert? Are they standing with guns pointed at whatever comes through the door? And what do they look like anyways...I had always thought they looked like mechs or robots but are they more a bio/metal hybrid like Borg or what?

nudge...

Monday night, while using my laptop, it locked up (total blue screen o' death). Upon my attempt to reboot it, my computer told me it didn't have a hard drive to boot from. And stuck to that story until tonight, when I dropped it on the bed and tried to boot it up one last time (just for the heck of it). Now it works again ... but I'm worried.

When in their armor, the Meklar resemble an almost insect-like centaur. Think of an ant-like lower body, with an upper body slightly forward of the center point. The upper body has something resembling a sensor node set on the top of the upper body, along with a number of manipulating arms (from 2-6) dependant on the Meklar's current job. Meklar are never really "out" of their armor completely, but when unsealed the Meklar themselves look like a furless, overweight housecat with too many limbs. They are physically joined to their armors, and the minimum armor suit they need to survive would be about the size of your average junior high school kid.

Due to the fuzzyness, you can't be sure what the Meklar inside the engine space are holding. But one of them is facing the door, while the others are attending to whatever their normal tasks are.

Instead of changing the atmosphere in there, how about changing the doors into one or two replicas of Esteban and animating them? At least it would be different.

Or perhaps do it as a distraction from Esteban's arrival?

Can Esteban use his claws to cut through the ceiling into a ductworks and drop in on top of them unexpected. Anything really than just barging in the front door like a bloody amateur...
There are cables and such above you head, that run through the wall. You'd have to cut through them to go through above the door.

But you could try one of the spaces on either side of the door, and try to cut through the wall.

Well, in case it's me whose holding things up, my apologise, I didn't realise. If it wasn't, well I'm going to post doing something anyway...

I know it's a silly idea, but i had already suggested it and no-one shot the idea down so tough.::biggrin

Sorry for the slow-down with the combat folks, I just had an embolism (where they closed off the artery in my lung that was making me cough up blood) on Tuesday and I've been on oxycodone - great for painkilling, not so great for being able to type in coherant sentances.

"So you haven't had violent encounters on the other alternate worlds you have visited? Presumably they haven't had any higher levels of technology either."
I'm wondering which world Paul is more likely to describe - Overclocked, or the giant cockroaches in Fallout-world that you Animal Mastery novas wouldn't get into a fight with.

And here I thought the Meklar were going to be tougher... ::indifferent
You got six successes with armor piercing. Defender does 25 auto-damage. Paul did aggravated.

Though also, these guys weren't in combat armor. That'll change. ::devil

That makes finding a schematic and the bulkhead and replicator controls more of a priority for Nathan. Find the armoury and lock them out of it, and stop them producing armour/weapons using the replicators.

You know there are two of them in what's probably "sick bay" because of the power going to active units. There are also probably Meklar in the shield room (where the soldiers were going) and definately on the bridge. Unfortunately, the ship doesn't have any kind of handy lifesign detector, or "Computer, locate Captain Picard" type of function.

Your most likely guess is that there's 2-3 in the shield room, 4-8 on the bridge, and of course, 4 outside. That means there could be anywhere from ten to 4 more running around loose in other parts of the ship.

Any luck with checking to see if there is a self-destruct or simply with cutting off the Bridge from all functions?

Given material from here to extrapolate from and/or access to members of the SGE team with relevant knowledge from the Psylonns, how long to learn the Meklar langauge (at least the written one)?

You know there are two of them in what's probably "sick bay" because of the power going to active units. There are also probably Meklar in the shield room (where the soldiers were going) and definately on the bridge. Unfortunately, the ship doesn't have any kind of handy lifesign detector, or "Computer, locate Captain Picard" type of function.

Your most likely guess is that there's 2-3 in the shield room, 4-8 on the bridge, and of course, 4 outside. That means there could be anywhere from ten to 4 more running around loose in other parts of the ship.

Well, then...

Option 1) We go back up our people in the shield room.

Option 2) We go to the Bridge and kill everyone we find there.

Option 3) Sickbay.

Self destruct would probably be on the bridge. Sickbay would have info on the Meklar themselves. Our people may very well die without reenforcement.

I'd suggest that Esteban and Defender continue against these 4, while the rest of us go help the troops/Patricia with the Shield room, then we all meet up to take on the Bridge.

Sickbay could probably wait until the Meklar of unkown location are dealt with, unless it is on someones way somewhere else.

I'd suggest that Esteban and Defender continue against these 4, while the rest of us go help the troops/Patricia with the Shield room, then we all meet up to take on the Bridge.

Sickbay could probably wait until the Meklar of unkown location are dealt with, unless it is on someones way somewhere else.

By "those 4" we mean "the warriors", right? If so I'm good with this.

Esteban is going to play hunter-killer with the Meklar. He will use his ability to see through walls and his powerful armor piercing claws to cut through walls to create ambushes for the Meklar. He will try and flank and pincer them by having Defender circle around as applicable or look for ways that force them to face us through a bottleneck. Does Defender have any ranged attacks?

Esteban is going to play hunter-killer with the Meklar. He will use his ability to see through walls and his powerful armor piercing claws to cut through walls to create ambushes for the Meklar. He will try and flank and pincer them by having Defender circle around as applicable or look for ways that force them to face us through a bottleneck. Does Defender have any ranged attacks?

From his entry in the Meet the Characters topic Defender is simply Strong, fast and tough.

From his entry in the Meet the Characters topic Defender is simply Strong, fast and tough.
Big D is basically a Superman clone without the x-ray vision or heat beams or ice breath ... yeah. ::blush He flies fast, he hits like a crash-landing 747, and he head-butts rockets and tank rounds without messing up his hair. That's it.

Sounds like Titan Omega without the Twists...

Annnnyways,

I have pretty much stated intent so its up to you now BN! Describe the scene, tell me about the ambush opportunities and if there isn't an ambush lets roll some initiative. Fights not over yet!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoke with him late last night on Instant Messenger and he was hoping to have a post up over the weekend. Looks like he didn't get to that. He has been dealing with a combination of serious health problems/surgery and the usual jerk-around/information opacity that comes from being a cog in the military. basically he has been waiting and waiting to find out his situation as well as being reimbursed for the medical and travel expenses incured. Give him some time...

Glad to here he's up and about.

I wasn't worried for the game per se, but more for BN himself.

Time's not a problem...

Perhaps I should use the interlude to try to come up with an Aberrant game myself, since there is so little interest in Trinity about, and no rush on posting on ItB over at NPrime.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived