Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Nippontai High

ProfPotts

...All of this passes through Kazuo's mind in an instant, at an almost subconscious level. Even so, he barely has time to get through it all before he's almost on top of Jinsei. He puts his plans for Tetsuo's painful future out of his head, and focuses on the here and now.

Hearing running footsteps, Akira turns and stares. One of the fighters was trying to attack the other while he was distracted!

"Hey, lookout!" Akira yelled angrily.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn it! The thug was attacking Tetsuo, even after he had interposed himself in between them!

Jinsei could easily pretend not to be able to see Kazuo's oncoming attack, and let Tetsuo deal with it himself. It would serve him right, really, after taking advantage like that earlier.

But it just wouldn't be honorable.

And as Jinsei turns his head and looks over his left shoulder, Kazuo realizes [too late, please let him realize it too late] that all other things equal, Jinsei doesn't need to turn around at all to interfere with his charge.

"Hey, lookout!" Akira yelled angrily.

Dropping his weight to his right leg, Jinsei launches out his left leg behind him in a powerful backwards "donkey kick" to Kazuo's chest or shoulder, hoping to stop his charge at Tetsuo and maybe knock him down. It's not exactly good Judo, but it is an effective attack...

[OOC: Jinsei was already standing pretty close to Tetsuo, as I said earlier, so I'm assuming that Kazuo will come in range at some point despite his attempts at avoidance. If I'm wrong, of course, then Jinsei just misses...]

Poking at Sleeping Tigers:

... There is an explosion of fire as huge wings of flame manifest from Yoshio's back, bursting forth & spreading: their span exceeding the corridor one wing shatters the outer window, its heat vaporising the shards of broken glass, the other sears clean through the concrete of the inner wall, causing it to explode into blackened dust as it does so! The shock & force of the blast knocks over Salene (& several other pupils in the area) - she can feel the heat being generated by the young Nova, a heat so intense it threatens to blister her skin even without direct contact. Even though Yoshio's eyes are still shut tight Salene can see the glow beneath the lids; from behind his gritted teeth trails of scalding steam excape his mouth...

'I'm sorry...' Yoshio's tortured words sound as though they're ripped from the depths of his soul, '... I'm so sorry...'

With no further comment the flame-winged young Nova leaps through the blasted window, soaring off high into the sky... ::blink

Salene looks through the hole in the school after Yoshio shaking her head. Coughing a bit at the dust and what seems to be ash in the air, she just lays there in shock and awe not sure what to do.

Edit: Fixed quote -- P

”Something is really wrong.”
"maybe this school wasn't such a good choice..?"
"Shit! Whats happening?"

Taking advantage of the distraction the oh-so-sneaky Kazuo starts his attempted ambush of Tetsuo. Then some guy (out of uniform too) spots him & yells...

"Hey, lookout!"

... & Kazuo finds himself face-to-heel with Jinsei's boot! Kazuo tries to agily duck round the powerful back-kick, but Jinsei proves more nimble than he'd expected &, despite the tricky timing involved, manages to execute his attack with admirable poise: the kick catches Kazuo painfully in the chest, sending him flying! The strike's a clean, solid, blow - which Kazuo's ribs can attest to - but not quiet enough to wind him: bouncing across the ground Kazuo expertly turns his fall into a roll, then a spring towards his initial target - all in one smooth motion.

Alerted by Akira's yell & Jinsei's attack Tetsuo turns, just in time to catch Kazuo's punch expertly on his chin - he grunts slightly, & the blow raises a mark, but it hardly seems to phase the big judoka. Kazuo's other, 'low blow', strike catches Tetsuo between ribs & pelvis - but to the street-brawler's shock he discovers that a geat deal of Tetsuo's bulk is as much muscle as fat (he's not the 'strong man' of the judo team for nothing ::wink )... he feels a little like he's just slammed his hand into a brick wall!

Bellowing like a mad bull Tetsuo throws his arms around Kazuo, pinning the scarred fighter's arms to his sides & lifting him off the ground in a painful, back-breaking, bear-hug!

[Kazuo's ends up Maimed with Bashing damage & stuck in a Clinch - although neither attack was enough to Daze or KO him outright. Tetsuo is Bruised with Bashing damage. Championship team, remember...? ::sly ]

"Whoa...Um, lets...lets go find some other people, come on Nezumi"

Adding to the confusion of the Nova action & the fight Seiji runs up to join the crowd - hand in hand with (a slightly dazed-looking) Nezumi! ::wub ::innocent

Tiger Poking Aftermath:

After a few moments of stunned silence Salene feels someone helping her to her feet - turning she finds that Kuramoto-sensai has arrived on the scene. Looking the girl over for any obvious signs of injury the Shinto priestess brushes some of the dust out of Salene's hair & manages a smile,

'There, there, child,' she coaxes gently, 'No broken bones. Now, why don't you tell me what happened?'

Jinsei means well, and is both liked and looked up to among the student body. However, he's a good enough leader to know that that doesn't necessarily give him the pull with Tetsuo and Kazuo needed to break up this fight.

That's why, when Nezumi arrives with Seiji, Jinsei immediately waves to her and yells,

"Nezumi! Use your nova powers to break up the fight!"

He crosses his arms and watches the outcome of Tetsuo's sumo-style bearhug. In a regular speaking voice, he adds bitterly,

"They're both outstanding fighters. So no matter who wins, there's a good chance Tetsuo's out of commission for the match tonight."

"Save it for the match, you guys!" he yells at the fighters.

In his head, Kazuo had seen this whole situation going a bit differently. But this was mostly because he hadn't counted on the explosive display of fiery force by a nova or the fact that, apparently, almost the entire student body of this school was just as underhanded and fought just as dirty as he did. Because really, what are the chances of that sort of thing, statistically speaking? ::confused

The really sucky thing about being sneaky and underhanded yourself is that you can't get mad when other people return the favor, because that would be hypocritical wouldn't it? On the other hand, Kazuo has no real moral qualms that he's aware of, so he gets mad anyway. Which is probably a good thing under the circumstances, cuz he's in a lot of pain at the moment! Anger is great for focusing a mind on a specific task, even if it is bad for other stuff like, say, spiritual balance or personal happiness.

Kazuo hones his anger into a wedge and attempts to drive it between himself and Tetsuo with a great big emotional sledge hammer (and a whole lotta squirming) in an attempt to break free of the fat boy's grip.

((To clarify: "hones his anger into a wedge"="spends a temp WP on the contested roll to break the clinch".))

Kenshi spotted the attempted sucker punch and hadn't reacted in time to do anything... if there had been anything to do. That move was against the rules, so it appeared that Kazuo was playing the villain in this drama. Not a good choice.

As expected, having cast himself as the villain, Kazuo was the recipient of a thumping. Kenshi felt it wasn’t so much poetic justice as self-inflicted karma. Perhaps Kazuo would learn something from this.

Tiger Poking Aftermath:

After a few moments of stunned silence Salene feels someone helping her to her feet - turning she finds that Kuramoto-sensai has arrived on the scene. Looking the girl over for any obvious signs of injury the Shinto priestess brushes some of the dust out of Salene's hair & manages a smile,

'There, there, child,' she coaxes gently, 'No broken bones. Now, why don't you tell me what happened?'

Salene looks around completely dazed. Still a bit confused about exactly what happened. A slow smile crosses her face as she realizes that even though she'll be late to class, atleast she has a dang good excuse this time...

The Fight:

"Nezumi! Use your nova powers to break up the fight!"

'What?!' Nezumi looks at Jinsei like he's mad ::confused , 'How would I do that? It only really works while I sing...'

::idea

Casting her eyes around the crowd the teen novox singer yells,

'... quick, someone, name a song! Something soothing...' ::sly

Squirm as he may, Kazuo fails to break Tetsuo's iron grip - despite his anger ::cursing . It doesn't help that it feels as if his ribs are already cracked (he's been beaten up enough that he's pretty sure they're not - badly bruised maybe - but it feels just as painful...). Tetsuo sneers at his oppenent's fruitless efforts to escape, as some try to stop the fight...

"Save it for the match, you guys!"
"Just give it up already!"

... but Nabiki happily starts the crowd chanting: 'Tetsuo!', 'Tetsuo!', 'Tetsuo!' ::devil

The struggle continues for a few seconds more... but Kazuo feels his breath being squeezed out of him... spurred on by his fans Tetsuo issues a mighty bellow & increases the pressure on his victim once more - a rather disturbing 'Crack!' can be heard through the noise of the chanting, & Kazuo goes limp in Tetsuo's arms. ::ohmy

Dropping the 'new guy' to the dirt as if he were a life-sized rag doll, Tetsuo takes a couple of paces back, panting... then kneels down to check Kazuo's pulse. Glancing up ay Jinsei the big judoka nods & winks - his opponent is down & out... but hasn't suffered anything a trip to the nurse's office won't fix. Slinging the unconscious Kazuo over his shoulder Tetsuo heads that way himself. Ryoko - looking worried & pale - rushes after them... ::unsure

'Okay folks!' Nabiki chimes in as Tetsuo exits the scene, 'Time to pay up!' With that she starts the rounds of collecting winnings from grumbling spectators - & paying out to those loyal few who supported Tetsuo against the 'thug' from the start. ::pimpin

Inside:

Kuramoto-sensai frowns at Salene's silent, smiling, face then, shaking her head sadly, walks over to check up on the other pupils caught in the vicinity of Yoshio's outburst...

The Fight

Dropping the 'new guy' to the dirt as if he were a life-sized rag doll, Tetsuo takes a couple of paces back, panting... then kneels down to check Kazuo's pulse. Glancing up ay Jinsei the big judoka nods & winks - his opponent is down & out... but hasn't suffered anything a trip to the nurse's office won't fix. Slinging the unconscious Kazuo over his shoulder Tetsuo heads that way himself. Ryoko - looking worried & pale - rushes after them... ::unsure

Akira sprints past Tetsuo, arriving at the nurse's office out of breath.

"Fight," she panted, gasping for air as she leaned in the door. "Boy hurt... coming here...."

The Fight:

Casting her eyes around the crowd the teen novox singer yells, '... quick, someone, name a song! Something soothing...' ::sly
Kenshi responds, “Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) by The Alan Parsons Project”
Kenshi says,

"Show’s over. Time to return to class."

'Okay folks!' Nabiki chimes in as Tetsuo exits the scene, 'Time to pay up!' With that she starts the rounds of collecting winnings from grumbling spectators - & paying out to those loyal few who supported Tetsuo against the 'thug' from the start. ::pimpin
Kenshi thinks with some amusement,

*The house always wins. And so did I. I would have bet on the wrong horse.*

Jinsei crosses his arms and glares at Tetsuo and Nabiki, and everyone else who didn't help. Oh well -- at least it looks like Kazuo will be fine.

As Tetsuo heads for the nurse's office, Jinsei falls into step with him.

"Well, assuming you get out of this okay I will see you at practice after classes end. And tell Kazuo he lost not just because I sucker-kicked him, but also because he attacked with an agenda and didn't respond appropriately to your bearhug. I think he'd make a pretty good judoka, so don't be a jerk to him when he wakes up, okay?"

Jinsei pats Tetsuo's back amiably, then turns back to the crowd.

Too Little, Too Late:

“Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) by The Alan Parsons Project”

After a brief moment of thought Nezumi starts to sing...

'The traveller is always leaving town

He never has the time to turn around

And if the road he's taken isn't leading anywhere

He seems to be completely unaware

The traveller is...'

... By this time Kazuo is taking a dirt nap... Nezumi stops her song & sighs, murmuring quietly,

'Okay, so perhaps Kou is right... I guess a little training in the use of my power couldn't hurt...'

"Show’s over. Time to return to class."

Kenshi's comments seem to be met with general agreement... [unless anyone has anything left to do, we'll continue on the the classroom just after lunch]

Tattling:

"Well, assuming you get out of this okay I will see you at practice after classes end. And tell Kazuo he lost not just because I sucker-kicked him, but also because he attacked with an agenda and didn't respond appropriately to your bearhug. I think he'd make a pretty good judoka, so don't be a jerk to him when he wakes up, okay?"

Tetsuo nods,

'You're right - he seemed pretty good, all things considered. As to what happens now... well, I guess that depends on how he acts when he wakes up - if he's the sort of idiot to hold a grudge then I guess I'll need to smack him down again; if he's okay with it all, then yeah - he'd make a good addition to the team.' ::sly

The big guy heads inside...

"Fight... Boy hurt... coming here...."

The nurse looks up at Akira, a little startled by the urgency in her voice, then glances past her to see Tetsuo bring in an unconscious Kazuo... ::ohmy Leaping to her feet the nurse helps Tetsuo lay the new pupil down on the bed. Looking more than a little guilty Tetsuo begins to say,

'He... uh... slipped on a...'

Examining the unconscious Kazuo the nurse replies,

'I already know it was a fight, Tetsuo - please report to the principle's office at once.'

Turning on his heel & stalking out of the room Tetsuo gives Akira a 'death stare' ::angry as he strides past her & towards an uncomfortable encounter with the headmistress...

Tired and annoyed at her ordeal with Yoshio, finally manages to regain some of her senses. Standing up once again, and brushing herself off. With a flip of her long hair, starts jogging off back to class... Too late to get her swim kit now.

'I already know it was a fight, Tetsuo - please report to the principle's office at once.'

Turning on his heel & stalking out of the room Tetsuo gives Akira a 'death stare' ::angry as he strides past her & towards an uncomfortable encounter with the headmistress...

"He tried to blindside Tetsuo and got in some punches," Akira added, ignoring the look Tetsuo gave her. "Tetsuo caught him in a bear hug, I heard something break."

Akira paused for a moment, watching, then asked, "Is he going to be ok?"

brrrrrrrRRAAAAAAAWWWWWERRRRRRRRunrunrunrunrununu

nunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r

The air is shred asunder with the unmistakable reving of a souped-up 1200cc motorcycle engine approaching from a distance. It grows louder and louder, finally whirring down into a low rumbling growl as the rider pulls into the main approach to the front gates.

The bike itself is a work of art, the body painted a laquerd black with red tiger stripes cutting across like bloody gashes. Polished chrome and steel glisten with oil and reflect the purplish hues of UV "blacklights" installed strategically in the chasis. Moisture drips from the double twin exhaust pipes like the salivation of a great beast and the low rumbling mixes with the high pitched whine of the servos controling the front and rear axel armatures. This is no moped.

The rider pulls into one of the parking spaces in front of the school and turns off the engine. He is dressed head to toe in the protective armor of a professional racer, polymer plates wrapped in a kevlar weave and styled to look reminiscent of a Samurai's raiment. Its colors are inverted from the bike...a deep angry red with black tiger stripes patterned on the overlapping plates of the suit.

Perched on the bike like a cowboy of old, the rider reaches up to remove the cowled helmet, releasing the strands of a thick black ponytail pulled back high and tight on his head. Sleek dark shades hide his eyes, resting on high cheekbones, the musculature of his face hinting at a powerfully chisled physique.

Dismounting his steed with liquid agility, the older boy places his helmet on the rear of the 'cycle and takes a moment to look up at the buildings of the school with an air of detachment. Undoing the straps and zippers confining him in his riding gear reveals a corded chest slick with persperation soaking through a black beater. Thick black and india ink tribal tattoos are visible interweaving across his shoulder girdle and snaking up the sides of his neck to just below his squared jawline.

With an almost lazy fluidity, Yushiro Miyamoto strolls through the main gates into the courtyard to see what this "Osaka Acadamy" is all about...

Saved by the...:

The bell indicating the end of the lunchbreak (finally) sounds, & pupils start to filter back to their homerooms for the brief afternoon administrative chores, before lessons begin anew.

In the nurses office the nurse completes her examination of the comatose Kazuo...

"Is he going to be ok?"

... glancing up at Akira the nurse smiles,

'Oh, he'll be fine, dear - it looks like this boy's been through a lot worse in the past, & he seems like a healthy specimen, a strong healer. His Ki energies are very positive - a few needles in the right places & he'll be on his feet in no time! His ribs are bruised a little, but not cracked - at worst he'll be sore for a day or so. Now - you better run along to class while I break out the really large needles...' ::biggrin

Outside, Yushiro Miyamoto's arrival - just before the bell - causes quite a stir: heads turn at the sound of his (rather impressive) custom motocycle, & the lad himself seems to be the imbodiment of the cool Japanese rebellious youth. Pausing in their collection of ill-gotten gains Nabiki & Rumiko both (along with many of the other girls present) gape at the newcomer - as handsome as Seiji Yasuhara (although not quite a Yoshio... ::wub ) & radiating style from every pore: it seems like there's a new fish in the pond...

Moistening her lips Rumiko Takahashi murmurs, almost under her breath,

'Swift steed of thunder

Blazing a trail in our hearts

Who is this stranger?'

Rather less poetically, Nabiki manages a...

'Wow!'

Suddenly there's a moment when time almost seems to freeze - girls across the schoolyard exchange volumes of claim, threat, & counter-threat in the briefests of knowing glances - then the charge is on: who will get to greet the handsome stranger first?

Predictably it is Nabiki Watabe who gets to Yushiro first, with Rumiko her ever-present shadow. Both bow low, then Nabiki grins at the lad,

'Abune!' she mutters, running her fingers through her hair & scowling back at the other, slower, girls; then she turns back to Yushiro once more, 'Hi - I'm Nabiki Watabe... uh... welcome to Nippontai High! Who are you? Which class are you in? What's your blood type? Which club will you join? Are you a Nova? What's your favourite colour? Band? Thing to eat? Your bike is soooo cool...' ::blush stream of words overtaking her Nabiki flusters to a halt then, finally, remembers her best friend standing next to her, 'Oh,' she adds, dismissively, 'this is Rumiko Takahashi.'

Bowing again Rumiko says softly,

'At Nippontai High

Wings of fire songs of power

Quantum in the air'

[Abune is (so they tell me) slang meaning 'That was close!']

Saved by the...:

The bell indicating the end of the lunchbreak (finally) sounds, & pupils start to filter back to their homerooms for the brief afternoon administrative chores, before lessons begin anew.

In the nurses office the nurse completes her examination of the comatose Kazuo...

... glancing up at Akira the nurse smiles,

'Oh, he'll be fine, dear - it looks like this boy's been through a lot worse in the past, & he seems like a healthy specimen, a strong healer. His Ki energies are very positive - a few needles in the right places & he'll be on his feet in no time! His ribs are bruised a little, but not cracked - at worst he'll be sore for a day or so. Now - you better run along to class while I break out the really large needles...' ::biggrin

"Hai," Akira nodded, turning towards the door. She was going to have to get her swimsuit and go swiming with a headache after all, despite the pills. With one last glance at the nurse tending the hurt boy in the bed, she slipped out the door.

Yushiro stops in his tracks as he is mobbed by a courtyard full of girls. ::blink For a moment he ponders running back to his bike, since obviously he hadn't slept in nearly long enough, but its too late. The swarm surrounds him, a wall of stares cataloging every detail for gossip and furtive journal entries. Sighing softly, he resigns himself to his fate, smirking with amusement and shaking his head slightly as Nabiki tirades him with questions.

He chuckles, holding up his hands in mock-defense.

"Whoa! take it eaasy babe! One question at a time: first one first." ::cool

He reaches up and removes his shades, lifting them up above his forehead to reveal almost shockingly intense ice blue eyes that stare right back into Nabiki and the rest of the gathered crowd. Behind his amusement, they hint at a fierce and fearless spirit.

"Tora" he says, reaching out one of his hands for a thumb-clasp handshake. They are clad in black fingerless riding gloves made of leather. Yushiro just gives her the quick clasp of new aquaintance then turns to Rumiko.

"Do you always speak in Hai-ku?"

((Tora is Japanese for 'Tiger'))

Saved by the...:

Kenshi thinks,

*Right on time.* ::happy

Outside, Yushiro Miyamoto's arrival - just before the bell - causes quite a stir: heads turn at the sound of his (rather impressive) custom motocycle, & the lad himself seems to be the imbodiment of the cool Japanese rebellious youth. Pausing in their collection of ill-gotten gains Nabiki & Rumiko both (along with many of the other girls present) gape at the newcomer - as handsome as Seiji Yasuhara (although not quite a Yoshio... ::wub ) & radiating style from every pore: it seems like there's a new fish in the pond...
Kenshi thinks,

*What is it with bad boys and cute girls? Don't they realize... apparently not.* ::sad

*I wonder if my sisters are somewhere around here with their tongues hanging out?*

Nurse's Office:

"Hai,"

As Akira heads out of the door Ryoko glances up from where she's standing by the comatose Kazuo,

'Thankyou,' she says, trying hard not to let her tears show, 'I... I'll let you know how he is... Please offer president Maro-kun our apologies for being absent, but I just can't leave Kazuo-san like this...'

The nurse appears about to protest, but a puppy-eyed look from Ryoko causes her to smile & relent.

Outside:

"Whoa! take it eaasy babe! One question at a time: first one first."

Nabiki blushes ::blush & giggles like a... well, like a schoolgirl, natch. ::sly

"Tora"

'Pleased to meet you Tora-kun!' Nabiki & Rumiko both bow once more.

"Do you always speak in Hai-ku?"

It's Rumiko's turn to blush ::blush , even as she pretends to ignore the fact that Nabiki is fuming that Tora-kun has turned his attention her... Shaking her head Rumiko casts her eyes downwards as she murmers,

'No... Sorry... You just... It... It seemed like a poetic moment. Please forgive me if I have offended you, Tora-kun.'

Class 1B:

Inside the school most pupils have returned to their homerooms, ready for the afternoon notices...

Nurse's Office:

As Akira heads out of the door Ryoko glances up from where she's standing by the comatose Kazuo,

'Thankyou,' she says, trying hard not to let her tears show, 'I... I'll let you know how he is... Please offer president Maro-kun our apologies for being absent, but I just can't leave Kazuo-san like this...'

The nurse appears about to protest, but a puppy-eyed look from Ryoko causes her to smile & relent.

"Hai," Akira nods.

Walking briskly, she made her way back to Class 1B and slipped in, hoping the homeroom teacher hadn't started taking attendance yet.

When they ask about Kazuo or Ryoko, Akira raises her hand, then stands and tells the sensei that Kazuo was injured during lunch and that Ryoko was with him in the Nurse's Office. ((ooc: If asked how Kazuo got hurt, Akira will stutter slightly and say she doesn't know, she went to the office to get some medicene for her headache. She'll use gender-neutral terms out of habit from being with her father's okama friends.)

It's Rumiko's turn to blush ::blush , even as she pretends to ignore the fact that Nabiki is fuming that Tora-kun has turned his attention her... Shaking her head Rumiko casts her eyes downwards as she murmers,

'No... Sorry... You just... It... It seemed like a poetic moment. Please forgive me if I have offended you, Tora-kun.'

Yushiro seems amused, maybe even a little flattered.

"Hey no problem...actually thats pretty cool you know? You must have a quick mind to make all that up on the spot..."

He appears to finds it even more amusing that the more attention he gives to Rumiko the more jealous Nabiki gets. Good...she must be used to getting all the attention...best to give it to her in small doses...

"Hey! Didn't I say to take it easy? Just calm down a little... I'll tell you what: Since you showed such initiative in coming to greet me, I suppose I can let you be the winner of a free ride home after school..."

He gives her a wink before quickly changing the subject.

"Now. As to your second question...well Im not really sure which class Im in yet. I just got a letter from the government saying that I was to transfer here today from O.H...either of you ladies care to help me find out?"

((O.H. =Osaka High))

Skipping Class...:

"Hey no problem...actually thats pretty cool you know? You must have a quick mind to make all that up on the spot..."

Rumiko turns her face away as she tries to hide her blush... ::blush

"Hey! Didn't I say to take it easy? Just calm down a little... I'll tell you what: Since you showed such initiative in coming to greet me, I suppose I can let you be the winner of a free ride home after school..."

Trying to appear casual Nabiki shrugs,

'Whatever...' she comments, although Yushiro notes her eyes darting eagerly in the direction of the hot-rod bike...

"Now. As to your second question...well Im not really sure which class Im in yet. I just got a letter from the government saying that I was to transfer here today from O.H...either of you ladies care to help me find out?"

Nabiki & Rumiko exchange a knowing glance... this guy didn't even bother to find out which class he was to be in? Bet he didn't even read that letter through - the Nippontai High admin would never be so sloppy as to just expect someone to show up wiith no more information than that! Oh well, all looks & no brains isn't so bad... Managing to suppress their giggles the girls turn back to their new himbo, as Nabiki says,

'Uh yeah, sure - we'll show you where the school office is...' ::rolleyes

It doesn't take long for the two girls to escort Yushiro to the office, where he's quickly directed (to Nabiki & Rumiko's delight) to present himself at class 1B...

Kenshi goes back to the 1B homeroom and tries to plan out a 'good' way to tell his father that he picked a fight with a mitoid.

*There was an incident at the noodle stand...*

He notes the entrance of Yushiro, briefly wonders why he looks familiar, and then realizes he just made a grand entrance. Also noting Nabiki & Rumiko's continued fawning over him, he wonders how the female mind really works.

Akaji Maro enters the room with Keiko Ishida followingclosely behind with her wide brimmed glasses, white bow tie in her hair and her touchboard computer held like a clipboard.

“Good afternoon, I hope everyone’s excited about the judo tournament tonight! Jinsei and Tetsuo will need our encouragement…and of course there is the charity fund to think of, so please remember to invite your parents.”

Akaji pauses

"I would also like everyone to welcome some students, Yushiro…Yushiro?"

Akaji looks around the room, trying to spot an unknown face or a student standing up.

“Also please welcome Kazuo…”

Keiko Ishida leans forward and whispers something into Akaji’s ear. He frowns and continues

“I see…uhmm..Jinsei..I will want to speak with you after these announcements.” ::angry

Akaji then continues with the big announcement of the day

“I also have the pleasure to announce that we will be having a field trip on the first weekend of next month. We will be visiting the temples of Kii mountain. After our long day’s hike we will be staying at the Mountain Hotsprings Inn, with of course a hot pools and spa. So bring your swimsuits and headcaps!”

Akaji lets the news sink in for a second before continuing

“Of course the trip is at your expense, but the school has managed to get an excellent discount. It will only cost 25 000 yen for the whole weekend. Students may bring no more than 3000 yen as spending money for souvenirs; meals and transport are included.”

Akaji looks up

“While this is a great opportunity at such a low cost, Takeshi, Junzo and I have been discussing these costs and would like to organize a fundraiser. As president of the debate club, I am announcing the debate club’s intention to organize a fundraiser with the fundraising club.”

Akaji bows slightly and looks up, trying to find Ryoko

“We of the student council sincerely hope that everyone can make it. Thank you and enjoy P.E.”

OOC: Edited the Ryoko reference a bit as I forgot she was with Kazuo...

Akaji Maro enters the room with Keiko Ishida followingclosely behind with her wide brimmed glasses, white bow tie in her hair and her touchboard computer held like a clipboard.

...Akaji then continues with the big announcement of the day

“I also have the pleasure to announce that we will be having a field trip on the first weekend of next month. We will be visiting the temples of Kii mountain. After our long day’s hike we will be staying at the Mountain Hotsprings Inn, with of course a hot pools and spa..."

“...We of the student council sincerely hope that everyone can make it. Thank you and enjoy P.E.”

Akira sighed but wrote down the date. The trip was much too expensive for her - she barely was able to afford her rail pass to get to school, a new school uniform was almost impossible. But she suspected there would be a phone call later tonight....

But would the school be upset if they knew she was working?

Slipping out from behind her desk, P.E. kit in hand, she made her way over to the class president.

"Excuse me, but Ryoko-san wanted me to tell you she was down in the Nurse's Office with Kazou-san."

Trying to appear casual Nabiki shrugs,

'Whatever...' she comments, although Yushiro notes her eyes darting eagerly in the direction of the hot-rod bike...

::closedeyes "Oh...my mistake...well then if you dont want a ride home I'm sure someone else will..."

He gives a wink to Rumiko.

"How 'bout it babe?" ::wink

When they roll their eyes at him, Tora muses to himself.

Good. Let them understimate me...the better to see their true colors...

Yushiro lets them lead him to the office, using it as an opportunity to check out the milling student body and the layout of the school. His steel eyes size up the courtyard like an obstacle course, observing the distances between roofs, the placement of the trees and benches and the location of all exits. He feigns ignorance when they take him to the office and then surprise when it "turns out" he is in the same class as the two girls.

Continuing to play with Nabiki's ego and jealousy he gives Rumiko a flirtatious nudge.

"Hey, what a coincidence! Im glad I met someone so bright to study with..." ::sly

Later in the classroom...

Tora sits in the back of the room...his chair tipped back until he is leaning against the back wall. He has removed his heavy outer jacket and is wearing only his black tank top, revealing more of his elaborate ink work. He is also wearing his shades, making it difficult to tell if he is actually awake.

When he hears his name called, his taps two fingers off his forehead in mock-salute.

"Yo." ::cool

Later in the classroom...

Tora sits in the back of the room...his chair tipped back until he is leaning against the back wall. He has removed his heavey outer jacket and is wearing only his black tank top, revealing more of his elaborate ink work. He is also wearing his shades, making it difficult to tell if he is actually awake.

When he hears his name called, his taps two fingers off his forehead in mock-salute.

"Yo." ::cool

Akira gives the new kid a look. Like her, he wasn't wearing the school uniform. But he had a motorcycle. Damn rich kids.

Slipping out from behind her desk, P.E. kit in hand, she made her way over to the class president.

"Excuse me, but Ryoko-san wanted me to tell you she was down in the Nurse's Office with Kazou-san."

As Akira makes her way towards Akaji, Keiko whispers something in his ear. Akaji nods

"I see, thank you Akira-san. I hope to see you tonight."

The class president bows slightly and turns to Jinsei

Jinsei approaches Akaji with an amiable smile.

"Akaji-san. You wanted to see me?"

Akaji smiles

"Ah yes, Jinsei, I am glad that you have decided to come to class before going to the Nurse's office to apologize to Kazuo. Punctuality is very important. I will accompany you. Keiko will inform our teacher that we will be late to P.E. After seeing Kazuo we will, after all, have to explain to the principle that you were just practicing for tonight's fight. It would be unfortunate for this misunderstanding to affect your standing in tonight's tournament..."

"Ah yes, Jinsei, I am glad that you have decided to come to class before going to the Nurse's office to apologize to Kazuo. Punctuality is very important. I will accompany you. Keiko will inform our teacher that we will be late to P.E. After seeing Kazuo we will, after all, have to explain to the principle that you were just practicing for tonight's fight. It would be unfortunate for this misunderstanding to affect your standing in tonight's tournament..."

Jinsei bows.

"Thank you, Akaji-san, that's a good idea. We can go now."

Still smiling, he turns to the hallway and departs for the nurse's office, with Akaji hopefully following him.

As Akira makes her way towards Akaji, Keiko whispers something in his ear. Akaji nods

"I see, thank you Akira-san. I hope to see you tonight."

The class president bows slightly and turns to Jinsei

Akira bowed, then quietly left out the other door, heading towards the gym and the changing rooms.

Akaji had been very cold. He didn't like her, she could tell. Was it because of the fight? Or something else? Scowling, she found the girl's dressing room and slipped inside.

First Impressions:

"Hey, what a coincidence! Im glad I met someone so bright to study with..."

Arriving at class Rumiko's response to Tora's nudge is to exchange a rather exasperated shrug with Nabiki - the 'cool biker' starts to wonder if his great first impression is wearing a little thin under the onslaught of his less-than-stellar social skills... ::rolleyes In any case Rumiko quickly seats herself, whilst Nabiki heads on over to poor Kazuki to check on the progress of 'her' homework...

“Good afternoon..."

The class rise & bow as one at Akaji's entrance - a clear indication to the new pupils that the class president is well respected by his peers... either that, or feared... ::unsure They also sit quietly & attentively as he speaks - as president of the school's debate team Akaji is an eloquent & skilled orator, & appears quite comfortable addressing the class... the ever-present Keiko isn't the only girl in the class who's eyelashes flutter in response to Maro-kun's confident presence & abundant charisma... ::wub

"Yo."

Several of the girls in the class giggle at the smooth operator's laid-back introduction ::blush , but many class-members have frowns on their faces in response to his blantant lack-of-respect & impolite informality... ::angry

“Also please welcome Kazuo…”

Quiet murmurs flow around the room at the mention of the fallen thug... no-one seems willing to look Akaji in the eye... ::innocent

... At mention of the class trip the murmurs turn to those of excitement - such trips, despite the best efforts of school staff, are often excuses for 'goofing off' & 'fooling around' - especially with a night spent, away from often-overcrowded family homes, with classmates... some of whom are awfully cute, after all... ::devil

"Thank you, Akaji-san, that's a good idea. We can go now."

President Maro-kun's address over, the class head off to their respective physical education lessons...

Physical Lessons:

Outside the changing rooms the massive ex-Sumo Coach Chiba, clad in a sweatsuit with a whistle around his neck & a towel across his shoulders, is beaming a grin & bellowing at the pupils as they pass him,

'Come on, come on - it's a beautiful day! The birds are singing, the sun is shining, the cherry blossoms are poetry themselves! It is a day to exercise mind, body, & yes - spirit as well! All that & more could be yours during this most glorious P.E. lesson! Let us find the harmony all around us! Come on, hurry up!'

Lost in her own thoughts Akira is shocked when the coach's meaty hand descends on her shoulder,

'Where do you think you're going, lad?' he bellows, 'Get in there!'

... Before she know's what's happening the coach has shoved Akira through the door to the boys' changing rooms! ::ohmy Suddenly she's faced with naked & half-naked male bodies as far as she can see... ::blushing

Just when Akira thinks things can't get any worse, Tetsuo - his pride concealed by nothing more than a towel around his waist - grabs her & slams her up against a locker! Pinning the rather androgynous youth in place the judo-ka leans in close & hisses into her ear,

'The principle's pulled me from the tournament thanks to your squealing, buddy - I owe you big time...' ::angry

Rapid Recovery:

The darkness finally clearing from his eyes, Kazuo blinks a few times, trying to recall what happened, as it slowly dawns on him that he's in some sort of medical room. It's a few moments more before the wool untangles in his brain, & he glances around to see a woman in a nurses outfit sitting at the nearby desk & looking through files. Seeing Kazuo awake she smiles & walks over to help him, carefully, sit up - there's a nasty twinge of pain in his ribs still, & plenty of bruising, but he's had much worse. Feeling life return to his limbs Kazuo further notices that he's stripped to the waiste, & has acupuncture needles all across his chest & shoulders - although the nurse begins to remove these right away.

'Kazuo-san?' Kazuo recognises the gentle, worried, voice immediately, & sure enough turns to see Ryoko standing next to the bed, hands behind her back, with a concerned expression on her face. 'How are you feeling?' she asks, before casting her eyes aside & adding in a whisper, 'I was really worried about you...' ::unsure

Just then the door to the nurse's office opens to reveal Jinsei, Akaji, & Keiko...

Body Beautiful:

... Meanwhile, in the girls' changing room, Nezumi's fellow pupils can't help but steal glances at her as she changes - for one thing it appears that her pink hair is, after all, natural... but more than that her Nova-perfect form is enough to inspire jealousy or self-loathing in the average self-conscious teenage girl: just standing there in a uniform school swimsuit she looks like she's walked straight off the cover of some high-class fashion magazine, & what's more she's obviously making no effort at all to look good... Young as she still is, Nezumi's classmates have to wonder what sort of goddess she'll become as she matures... ::blink

*Seems this school is just as yuppy and uptight as I thought*, Tora mused to himself. Whatever...he could really care less. He had long come to accept that he was just one of those people the system failed. Leave the intellectualizing for the book-worms. He always felt most at home in his body, or tinkering with an engine in his Uncle's shop. Why he even got transfered here he had no idea...wasn't this supposed to be a school for Novas?

Allowing both the smiles and frowns to flow off his back like water Yushiro watched the clock. Perking up at the mention of phys ed, he allowed himself a smile and quietly made his way to the lockers.

Altercation

Just when Akira thinks things can't get any worse, Tetsuo - his pride concealed by nothing more than a towel around his waist - grabs her & slams her up against a locker! Pinning the rather androgynous youth in place the judo-ka leans in close & hisses into her ear,

'The principle's pulled me from the tournament thanks to your squealing, buddy - I owe you big time...' ::angry

Seeing the massive student bullying young Akira, Tora opens his locker nonchalantly. Speaking just loud enough for everyone to hear, Yushiro oozes sarcasm.

"Wooow...you're a really big guy...must really validate your ego to push around the smaller students..."

Yushiro waits to see if the attention his public chiding is enough to make bear boy back off. If Tetsuo lets Akira go, Tora goes back to minding his own business...

{{Edited cuz I missed the Tetsuo part in my frantic at-work posting}}

Physical Lessons

Lost in her own thoughts Akira is shocked when the coach's meaty hand descends on her shoulder,

'Where do you think you're going, lad?' he bellows, 'Get in there!'

"Nani...?!?" she manages as the coach grabs her shoulder.

... Before she know's what's happening the coach has shoved Akira through the door to the boys' changing rooms! ::ohmy Suddenly she's faced with naked & half-naked male bodies as far as she can see... ::blushing

Akira froze, her face burning furiously. A guy coming in bumped into her and her towel with the swimsuit inside flew out of her hand, sliding against the end of a row of lockers. She scrambled after it, clutching it to her chest as she got up. The guys looked... smaller than she thought they'd be. Maybe Tori was right, maybe when the boys got excited it...?

She winced. She had to get out of the boy's changing room now, before anyone saw her.

"Me?" Akira squeeked, eyes wide, shaking her head. She felt her headache spiking in time with her rapidly pounding heart. 'I wish I wasn't here! I don't want to be here!'

Seeing the massive student bullying young Akira, Tora opens his locker nonchalantly. Speaking just loud enough for everyone to hear, Yushiro oozes sarcasm.

"Wooow...you're a really big guy...must really validate your ego to push around the smaller students..."

Now others were staring...! 'I don't want to be here! I don't want to be here!'

"Let me go!" she demanded hotly, struggling.

Rapid Recovery:

The darkness finally clearing from his eyes, Kazuo blinks a few times, trying to recall what happened, as it slowly dawns on him that he's in some sort of medical room. It's a few moments more before the wool untangles in his brain, & he glances around to see a woman in a nurses outfit sitting at the nearby desk & looking through files. Seeing Kazuo awake she smiles & walks over to help him, carefully, sit up - there's a nasty twinge of pain in his ribs still, & plenty of bruising, but he's had much worse. Feeling life return to his limbs Kazuo further notices that he's stripped to the waiste, & has acupuncture needles all across his chest & shoulders - although the nurse begins to remove these right away.

'Kazuo-san?' Kazuo recognises the gentle, worried, voice immediately, & sure enough turns to see Ryoko standing next to the bed, hands behind her back, with a concerned expression on her face. 'How are you feeling?' she asks, before casting her eyes aside & adding in a whisper, 'I was really worried about you...' unsure.gif

Just then the door to the nurse's office opens to reveal Jinsei, Akaji, & Keiko...

Akaji bows low before the nurse

"Good afternoon, togi-sama. I don't believe we have been introduced yet. My name is Akaji Maro, President of Class 1B. Jinsei here has informed me of the unfortunate events of this morning."

Akaji presents his classmate who is, hopefully, looking adequately repentant for the apologetic role Akaji is giving him.

"Kazuo-san is new to the school and an experienced fighter. In fact, Presidents Junzo, Takeshi and I were discussing his timely appearance with the tournament tonight. Kazuo offered a fight to Tetsuo-San and Jinsei-San, for practice."

Akaji eyes Ryoko as he says this, hoping that she sees that he is trying to preserve the honor of all those involved.

"Tetsuo and Jinsei, seeing that Kazuo-San would be such a formidable opponent, gave their all...Kazuo-San, being new to the school, thankfully held back. It would have been unfortunate for one of our tournament team members to be here today..."

Akaji steps up to the bed and bows slightly

"Kazuo-San, I would like to thank you for preparing our fighters for tonight's very important championship. Please allow me to be the first to welcome you to Class 1B."

Akaji bows again and steps back, looking at Jinsei, waiting...

Throughout Akaji's speech, Jinsei looks noncommital and somewhat hard to read. But when the class president finishes his explanation, Jinsei nods, smiling politely at everyone.

Akaji bows again and steps back, looking at Jinsei, waiting...
Jinsei looks pleasantly back at him, and then looks at Kazuo.

"Welcome to Nippontai High, Kazuo-san."

Archived