Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Nippontai High

ProfPotts

'No! I don't want to! I look stupid! This whole idea is stupid!'

Mister Morita inwardly sighed & rolled his eyes, even as me maintained his usual outward calm & slightly subservient smile. Just one more little push & he'd be free... well, he'd be able to work through the day in relative peace anyway. His teen Novox client had already tripled his medical bills - what with his blood pressure & the ulcer he was developing - sending her back to school was the best idea since saisho itself.

He looked across the back seat of the limo at the girl - fifteen years old with stunning good looks & a voice to make angels weep she already brought in enough money with her songs to make the troubles all worth while... at least, that's what he kept telling himself. Despite the fact she was making a big show of how much she hated the 'sailor suit' school uniform she was wearing he had to admit she still looked damn cute. The manager in him made a mental note to work the image into her next tour somehow - whenever that would be. He'd made sure to explain to the school that the pink hair was actually her natural colour - to avoid any issues about uniform violation - but that was just one of a million little details he dealt with each day that the star never thought to thank him for.

Steeling himself, Morita tried to calm the singer down,

'Nezumi - this is what you wanted, what you decided on. You know what the alternative was...' he supressed a shudded as he recalled the close run-in with the yakuza, '... you even made all that effort to get your academic results up to the required level. You've worked hard for this, Nezumi - it's a reward, not a punishment.'

Morita recalled the effort it had taken to get the girl to study. English had been the worst - it wasn't until the fifth tutor had struck upon the idea of using pop & rock songs from old British bands to capture her attention that she'd finally put the effort in - the musician in her taking quickly to the lyrics of The Beetles & The Stones. But the government had its standards, & Kou had made it clear they weren't going to make any exceptions for Nezumi.

In reality Morita was still convinced that her choice to go back to school was all tied up with that Samurai fellow. She still had a crush on the Elite, although Morita himself was quite happy when the terrifying man had departed. Oh - he was thankful for what he'd done for Nezumi, & the way he'd dealt with the yakuza - but he still sometimes woke at night in a cold sweat remembering the way the DeVries man had threatened him. That hadn't helped the ulcer either...

Forcing himself to concentrate on the present, Morita was pleased to see Nezumi pouting. He'd come to learn her ways - pouting was better than shouting, which was better than throwing things at people. Soon enough she'd... yes there it was... an indignant 'huff', & she opened the limo door, climbing out & peering around as if she owned the place. Mister Morita resisted the urge to shout for joy & instead passed over her school briefcase. Nezuni snatched it from his hand & turned back towards the school. Siezing his chance Morita pulled the limo door closed & called to the driver,

'Go! Quick - before she changes her mind!'

The limo pulled away so fast that Nezumi had to hold down her uniform skirt to prevent it being blown so high it revealed her underwear. She once again cursed the stupid outfit, although she'd made the effort to make sure she looked good in it. Pink hair up in pigtails she knew that she was going to make an impact - she was, after all, damn cute...

The school itself was in the grounds of the Osaka castle headquarters of Nippontai. Cherry blossoms blew in the wind, the highlight of the beautiful gardens which surrounded the place. The castle itself could be seen rising over the trees a short distance away, but Nezumi was destined for the Osaka Academy for Gifted Children - or 'Nippontai High' as it was known by most. The school had been built to blend-in with its historic surroundings. A high traditional design wall enclosed the place, broken by the open gate at which she now stood. The low school buildings were all modern, but creatively built to mimic more traditional lines - with 'pagoda' style roofs & similar features.

Children... or her 'fellow pupils' she corrected herself... were hurrying through the gates to be in time for the eight-thirty morning bell. The girls wore the 'sailor suit' & skirt which Nezumi herself was dressed in, the boys wore high-collared uniform suits. Mid-way through term most already appeared to be happy in their seperate little groups of friends, scattered about the yard gossiping, catching up, or messing about.

Nezumi took a deep breath - she hadn't been to school since she'd erupted. They'd all know who she was, naturally, but would that be a good or a bad thing? Already they were looking in her direction, whispering comments between themselves. Still - a smile spread across her lips - there were worse things than being the centre of attention.

Head held high, Nezumi strode into the schoolyard...

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two students make their way through the cherry blossoms, in animated conversation. The male is dressed in the standard dark blue, high-collared uniform suit, though its formal effect is offset by his crown of slightly messy hair, which covers part of his face and gives him the impression of peering out from under it. The girl, dressed in a matching sailor suit, is laughing at a story her companion is telling.

Their conversation gradually becomes audible as they come to a stop in the center of the courtyard..

..so then he drops down from the very top of the rope and you know, after a big scene like that he's pretty proud of getting up there. So he gets down, and Chiba-sensai isn’t even looking!

What?

One of these blossoms had fallen from the tree right into his hand, and he was actually crying over it.

The girl nods appreciatively.

"Wow - he's really crazy."

The guy nods at that, smiling.

"I know, but I like him."

"Oh, I do too."

Both students grin affectionately at the idea of such an absurd spectacle. Then after a moment, the boy looks over at the newcomer. He shares another glance with his friend, and by unspoken assent, both students then approach Nezumi with welcoming smiles.

"Hi - my name is Jinsei Aki, and this is Kohana Mitsu."

"Are you new here?"

OOC: Okay Prof, I officially give Mitsu over to you, 'til death do you part. I'm using the font color darkviolet. ::happy

"Hi - my name is Jinsei Aki, and this is Kohana Mitsu."
"Are you new here?"

Nezumi turns at Jinsei's introductions. At first a slight frown creases her brow, & she opens her mouth as if to speak... but she stops, closes her mouth again, looks thoughtful for a moment, then smiles instead. Bowing slightly she says in a voice like flowing silk,

'I'm Yumi Kasai...' she glances up at the pair before her, cute smile widening slightly, then winks ::wink , '... but my friends call me "Nezumi".'

Straightening again she makes a show of looking round the place, then turns back to Jinsei & Kohana,

'Yeah, I'm new. Do you guys know anyone from class 1B?'

'I'm Yumi Kasai...' she glances up at the pair before her, cute smile widening slightly, then winks wink.gif , '... but my friends call me "Nezumi".'

Jinsei nods mildly.

"I know who you are. Actually, I had heard that you were coming here, not that I believed it then."

'Yeah, I'm new. Do you guys know anyone from class 1B?'

Blinking at this, Jinsei breaks into a grin.

"Us, for starters! You're really in 1B?"

Nodding, he continues.

"It's a good class. The teacher is Kozaka-sensei."

He smiles innocently.

"You'll like him."

"I know who you are. Actually, I had heard that you were coming here, not that I believed it then."

'I can hardly believe it myself...' Nezumi's tone is carefully neutral, so that the exact meaning behind her words is unclear.

"Us, for starters! You're really in 1B?"

The pink-haired beauty nods & grins ::biggrin ,

'Cool - you two can show me around then, fill me in on all the gossip - that sort of thing.' ::wink

"It's a good class. The teacher is Kozaka-sensei... You'll like him."

The Novox starlette nods absent-mindedly,

'Yeah - I think I met him when Kou... sorry, "Morioka-sensai", was trying to sell the idea to me...'

Blushing slightly ::blush , Kohana gently inquires of Nezumi,

'I'm with the school paper. Perhaps I could interview you later... if you don't mind. I usually cover sports, but...'

Nezumi shrugs as she interupts,

'Yeah, sure. Sports eh?' she gives Kohana a shrewd look, then makes a point of casting her gaze up & down Jinsei, before reaching out & feeling the young man's bicep! 'Ooh, muscles! I bet you're into sports too, right Jinsei?' ::wink

Sudden anger clouds Kohana's features as she raises her voice to an uncharacteristic volume,

'I'll have you know that Aki-san is the vice president of the school's judo club - national champions three years running!' ::angry

With most of the schoolyard's attentions on Nezumi anyway, Kohana's outburst is impossible to miss. Nezumi laughs out loud, lets go of Jinsei's arm, & claps Kohana across the back in a friendly manner,

'Hey - if you've staked a claim then don't worry - I wouldn't want to steal your Aki-san away!' ::biggrin

Kohana's blush deepens as she stares at her feet, mumbling something unconvincing about her & Jinsei not being a couple... ::blush

Nezumi laughs again, then, mercifully, changes the subject,

'So - who else is in our class?'

Sudden anger clouds Kohana's features as she raises her voice to an uncharacteristic volume,

'I'll have you know that Aki-san is the vice president of the school's judo club - national champions three years running!'

Turning to Kohana, Jinsei moves slightly closer to her as Nezumi separates herself from his arm. He should put his arm around her now, or take her hand. He doesn't dare.

He starts talking instead. The last thing he wants is for Kohana to start losing friends before they're even made because of him.

"Come on, she didn't mean anything by it."

'Hey - if you've staked a claim then don't worry - I wouldn't want to steal your Aki-san away!' biggrin.gif

Kohana's blush deepens as she stares at her feet, mumbling something unconvincing about her & Jinsei not being a couple...

All facial expression clears from Jinsei's visage as he carefully reacts to this statement with no reaction at all.

Nezumi laughs again, then, mercifully, changes the subject,

'So - who else is in our class?'

Jinsei sends a warm, questioning look at Kohana to make sure she's okay, before answering the singer's question.

"Well, let's see.."

He quickly scans the courtyard for someone to introduce.

He quickly scans the courtyard for someone to introduce.
And spots Kenshi Koizumi, standing several feet away, staring, perhaps in awe, at Nezumi and her pink hair.

Kenshi is wearing (of course) the typical "suit" expected of the males. Among so many other males dressed the same way, very little makes Kenshi stand out. His uniform is new and crisp, his looks are mundane, he's well muscled but not unusually so.

<BLEEP> <BLEEP> <BLEEP> <BLEEP>

Kazuki rolled over and looked at the alarm clock, 08:02. *Crap* he thought to himself *I knew I shouldn't have stayed up to watch that last fight, it was just an exhibition after all*. But a quick glance at the pinup of former XWF Triple Crown champion Melinda Guzman on his wall reminded him; you just never knew when her costume would get torn in just the right place... He'd never been late to class before. Quickly he rolled himself out of bed and jumped into the communal shower of the dorms in the Osaka Castle. Not even wasting time to brush his hair, and barely drying off enough for his clothes not to stick to his body, a disheveled Kazuki made his way into the courtyard in front of the castle. He generally didn't even go there before class; that was where all of the popular kids hung out, and he wasn't one of them. But the rumor was that today Nezumi would be coming to the Academy, and he'd been hoping to get a glimpse of the cute novox star.

And spots Kenshi Koizumi, standing several feet away, staring, perhaps in awe, at Nezumi and her pink hair.

Jinsei grins.

"Kenshi, come here!"

As the other student arrives, he says to Nezumi,

"This is Kenshi Koizumi, who's in 1B with us. He's in the, uh, kendo club."

With this last remark, the judoka gives a two-thumbs-down gesture at waist level, but it's accompanied by a good-natured grin. Apparently some kind of private joke..

"This is Kenshi Koizumi, who's in 1B with us. He's in the, uh, kendo club."

Nezumi smiles & bows slightly as Kenshi heads over,

'It's an honour to meet you,' she says, although the touch of amusement in her voice seems to suggest that she could be a little less than sincere ::sly , 'I'm Nezumi.'

Glancing at Kohana she adds,

'Kendo club? How do they compair with the judo boys?'

For a moment Kohana is caught, & stumbles for the polite way to answer without offending anyone...

'I... um... the kendo club have also won several...'

... suddenly she looks past the group towards the gate & waves, calling out,

'Kazuki! Over here!'

... turning back to the group she adds, for Nezumi's benefit, 'Kazuki's in the school newspaper club like me.'

Nezumi's still smiling as she glances over to spot the approaching Kazuki, then leans close to Kohana to whisper in her ear,

'I see you bagged the sexy one for yourself!' as her eyes dart back to Jinsei. Kohana's blush deepens further... ::blush

Nezumi smiles & bows slightly as Kenshi heads over,

'It's an honour to meet you,' she says, although the touch of amusement in her voice seems to suggest that she could be a little less than sincere ::sly , 'I'm Nezumi.'

::jaw

Kenshi comes over bows, and says with total sincerity,

"It is an honour to meet the pink haired goddess."

Kenshi thinks to himself,

*Great move. Open mouth. Insert Foot.*

He adds as an apparent after thought,

"Um. I'm Kenshi Koizumi." ::blush

Kazuki stood by himself, watching as Nezumi was introduced around, was it possible she was actually cuter in person? Just about ready to head into the Academy, he hears a familiar voice...

'Kazuki! Over here!'

A look of sheer terror forms on Kazuki's face. He had always guessed that Kohana didn't like him, but this was sheer evil. Unfortunately, there was now no way to get out of it, so Kazuki slowly made his way to the group, staring at his at his feet the whole time.

Finally arriving at the group, Kazuki raises his head just a bit, and smiles, "Huh..Hi. I...I'm Kazuki."

"It is an honour to meet the pink haired goddess."
"Heh."

Nezumi grins as well,

'I like that, "Pink haired goddess" - I've got to get that put on a T-shirt!' ::biggrin

"Um. I'm Kenshi Koizumi."

Brushing a loose strand of pink hair back behind her ear the Novox starlette favours Kenshi with a wink ::wink ,

'A goddess always welcomes eager supplicants.' With that she tosses her school satchel over to Kenshi, 'Here - I'll let you carry my bag.'

"Huh..Hi. I...I'm Kazuki."

Getting into the swing of things, Nezumi places a finger under Kazuki's chin & lifts his face from his shoes until he's staring into her deep, dark, eyes,

'You want to worship me too, newspaper guy?'

Not entirely sure what to say or do in the... strange... situation, Kohana says,

'Uh... Kazuki does our layouts & stuff - he's really good with computers, really smart.' She tries to offer Kazuki a winning smile...

Nezumi laughs, eyes still fixed on Kazuki's,

'So you're the guy to come to when I need homework done, right?' She flutters her eyelashes & pouts slightly...

Hiro smiled contentedly as he sliped the flash memory into his pocket, along with several others. He'd caught the almost whole entrance, and it was picture perfect, from the slight hesitation, to that saucy wink. Not the he'd believed the rumors, but he'd seen the flash of pink as soon as she'd entered, and had his camera out and recording in what must have been record time.

Now that he was done filming Nezumi, and had time to recognize the students she was talking to, Hiro realized they were all from his class! Schooling his sudden grin into a polite, but sincere smile, he walked over in their direction, silently hoping someone noticed him before he got there.

Nezumi grins as well,

'I like that, "Pink haired goddess" - I've got to get that put on a T-shirt!' ::biggrin

::smile
Brushing a loose strand of pink hair back behind her ear the Novox starlette favours Kenshi with a wink ::wink ,
::blush
'A goddess always welcomes eager supplicants.' With that she tosses her school satchel over to Kenshi, 'Here - I'll let you carry my bag.'
With rare wits, Kenshi grabs the bag before it hits the ground with the comment,

"Glad to." ::happy

Kamui of the Wild Fire sat on the tree branch, watching his prey uneasily walk by.  He smiled to himself.  He easily fell backwards from the branch, flipping once while flashing his sword out and slicing downwards one time.  He stands back up from his ending kneel and starts walking away from his now motionless victim.  A slight breeze blows from the west and the body falls over into two pieces, cleanly sliced from top to bottom.

"I have cut a worthless thing," he thinks to himself, satisfied with this most recent accomplished mission.

Kio smiled to himself at the end of his most recent issue of "Kamui of the Wild Fire". He loved the story of the disfigured ninja who had the heart of gold (even if it was forgotten at times). It was a must read for him, since there were not that many *real* ninja manga now. A few new ones, and many back issues that he already owned that made him giddy with excitment. It was better then all thoes nova manga out there...not that they weren't *good* mind you. It was just Ninja were, after all, Ninja.

He put the manga back into his bag, and slid out the last of the new issues that had come out this month. He started to open it and saw her.

Nezumi.

He stopped. He looked at his manga, then back at the Idol. Conflicted. Stuck between them while he made up his mind. This was Nezumi! *THE* Nezumi. He wasen't a fan, but everyone knew about her and The Samurai (who was, after all, just under Ninja in uber-coolness).

He thought for a second, then decided to stay seated under his large tree companion that had shaded him for more then a few adventures of assassination and revenge. He opened up his new issue of "Fuma, the Shade of Kyoto" and tried to read the best he could. It was hard to consentrate on that with her here though. His eyes flitted back to her often while he *tried* to consentrate on his Manga.

Kenji Watabe walked through the front gates of the school at exactly the same time as he did every morning. His bag was slung over his shoulder, and in his hands was a science book filled with lose bookmarks and sheafs of note paper. He'd already done today's homework, of course, but there were a few points in the next chapter he was a bit unsure about. Determined to get to the bottom of it before class started, he almost didn't notice his friends and classmates as he walked by them.

He seems not to notice the new girl as he reaches the group, and simply nods to the other guys in the kendo club as he stops

"Good morning!"

Then he looks around the group and seems to notice the pink hair for the first time. Unlike most of the other kids around, there's nothing in his expression to indicate he even recognizes Nezumi as he waits for one of his classmates to introduce him, science book closed now, but a finger still marking the last page he read.

Hiro walks up to where the others are talking to Nezumi, nodding familiarly to a those in the newspaper club as he does. Looking around the group, he notes their various levels of comfort and is happy to find himself as one of the less nervous, though nowhere near as calm as Nezumi seemed to be. At an opportune pause in the conversation, Hiro says, "Hi guys! What's up?"

His accent is hard to place, but it seems to be slightly foreign. Hiro's uniform is well kept, as is his short black hair. While not particularly muscular or athletic, Hiro's open, honest looking face and big, dark bown eyes make up him stand out from the crowd. The smile on his face is sincere, but the edges twitch upwards slightly, as if he'd be grinning were it not inappropriate, and his eyes sparkle with repressed glee.

"Good morning!"

Nezumi nudges Kohana again as the good-looking Kenji arrives...

"Hi guys! What's up?"

... then grins as the equally attractive Hiro makes his presence known. ::biggrin

'Things are looking up!' comments the Novox star.

Kohana bows to Hiro, saying,

'Nezumi, this is Mister Shujinkou - our best reporter!'

... then indicates Kenji,

'This is Kenji - he's in the kendo club.'

Suddenly a collective gasp ripples round the schoolyard. Following the stares of their fellow pupils the 1B classmates spot the student council president, Junzo Kamachi, heading towards them! A well-built & good-looking young man, Junzo looks more like an athlete in his twenties than he does a teenage schoolkid. Dark hair neatly styled with just a slight wave, the most obvious sign that he's a Nova is the fact that he's not walking, but rather levitating about a foot off the ground, standing tall, arms folded, with an imperious look on his face. Following just behind him is his usual entourage of sycophants & admirers - his bully-boys & star-struck bimbettes.

Coming to a halt right in front of the 1Bers, still levitating, he looks down on them. Kohana hastily bows low,

'G-good morning Mister President.' she stammers nervously...

Nezumi, on the other hand, looks the most important pupil in the school up & down & sneers,

'So, what are you meant to be?'

The watching pupils hold their collective breath... ::blink

... then grins as the equally attractive Hiro makes his presence known. 

'Things are looking up!' comments the Novox star.

As Nezumi grins, Hiro's smile becomes one too, ::biggrin and her comment raises an unembassed blush on his face. ::blush

Nezumi, on the other hand, looks the most important pupil in the school up & down & sneers,

The watching pupils hold their collective breath...

At the arrival of Junzo, levitating no less, a slight frown forms of Hiro's face. He knows all to well how Junzo treats those low on the ladder of social standing, and doesn't really like him.

As he notes Nezumi's reaction, and hoping to avoid a confrontation as well as score a few points with Nezumi, Hiro suddenly grins and says, slightly mockingly, and with just a trace of sarcasm,"That's our fearless leader and ruler to all us lowly mortals, Junzo Kamachi. A shining example of goodness and light in the darkness of our lives, and a friend to teacher and student alike, no matter how lowly or mean. Isn't that right Junzo?"

At Junzo's approach, Jinsei also favors him with a slight bow, meeting his eyes politely before his bangs fall over his eyes due to gravity.

"Junzo, I'd like to introduce.."

"That's our fearless leader and ruler to all us lowly mortals, Junzo Kamachi. A shining example of goodness and light in the darkness of our lives, and a friend to teacher and student alike, no matter how lowly or mean. Isn't that right Junzo?"

Damn it, Hiro. ::dry

"..introduce Yumi Kasai, a.k.a. Nezumi. Nezumi, meet Juzo Kamachi."

Kio hears the silence, and looks up again. And see's *him*. Junzo. He never really liked Junzo...especially since he had ordered the 'borrowing' of one of his prior issues of 'Kamui' that was never returned. That one was tough to replace as well!

He kepts silent as he dug his nose a bit farther into his book...trying not to be noticed.

Kio's jaw dropped. He had only heard one person say such things to Junzo before...and that person was gone from the school in disgrace the next week!

He dropped his manga in amazement, and quickly snapped it back up. He tried to start reading again...but *This* was much too wonderful not to watch!

Smart enough to not let it show, Kenji inwardly applauds the fact that someone finally both has the guts to stand up to Junzo and the position to deal with the consequences...

Looking from Nezumi to the school champion and back, he thinks to himself

*Maybe she's not just a stupid singer after all...*

Proverbial dark clouds gather across Junzo's face as Nezumi's new classmates try to defuse the situation...

"Junzo, I'd like to introduce.."

The levitating Nova doesn't show any sign of listening to Jinsei...

"That's our fearless leader and ruler to all us lowly mortals, Junzo Kamachi. A shining example of goodness and light in the darkness of our lives, and a friend to teacher and student alike, no matter how lowly or mean. Isn't that right Junzo?"

... but does turn his dark glare from the Novox singer to Hiro as that slightly mocking trace of sarcasm reaches his ears...

... even as Jinsei finishes, one of Junzo's toughs (an athletic third-year pupil) steps forward & shoves Hiro to the ground! Kohana gasps & quickly kneels to help her fellow reporter, while Nezumi flashes a look of anger at Junzo.

Speaking with a powerful, deep, voice, Junzo says,

'The toad was right about me being the leader around here. You may be a Nova, little girl, but I'm the king of this school. I can lift a truck over my head, bounce bullets off my chest, fly... What can you do?'

Nezumi takes a step back, a nervous look on her face... although the more observant detect a touch of over-acting on her part. Putting on her best meek & mild face she stammers,

'M-me?.. I... I'm just a s-singer... s-sir...'

Junzo's face splits into a wide sneer of a grin at the obvious success of his intimidation, & has started to turn his back as Nezumi adds, in a much more confident tone of voice,

'... Allow me to demonstrate.'

Junzo glances back over his shoulder & the schoolyard again waits in anticipation. A smile of her own spreading across her face Nezumi stomps her right foot on the ground twice, then claps. Junzo looks confused. She does it again, then again: stomp-stomp-clap, stomp-stomp-clap, stomp-stomp-clap, setting up a rhythmic beat. Soon those around can't help but join in: stomp-stomp-clap, stomp-stomp-clap - then it starts to spread, until the whole schoolyard is on it's feet following the beat. All apart from Junzo & his goons, who look around bewildered. At that point Nezumi breaks into song, the voice from her small frame expanding to fill every corner of the yard, the perfect tones of an angel, with just enough raw edge to rip at the depths of the soul:

'Buddy you're a boy - make a big noise - playing in the street - gonna be a big man some day! - You got mud on yo' face - you big disgrace - kicking your can all over the place - singing:

We will - we will - rock you!'

A wave of emotion surges over the pupils, catching them & pulling them along as they all join in,

'We will - we will - rock you!'

At the sound of the massed voices Junzo's friends starts to galnce around nervously. The Nova himself frowns, but stands his ground. Nezumi dances a couple of steps forward, getting into his face,

'Buddy you're a young man - hard man - shouting in the street - gonna take on the world some day! - You got blood on yo' face - you big disgrace - waving your banner all over the place:'

Again everyone feels the urge to join in, singing out in unison, a sense of pride & power welling up inside each pupil,

'We will - we will - rock you! - We will - we will - rock you!'

With the rhythm pounding out, & heartbeats matching, Nezumi dances even closer to Junzo, punctuating her words by stabbing a pointing finger into his chest. As she does so the crowded mass of pupils surge forward after her. Several of Junzo's buddies turn & run...

'Buddy you're an old man - poor man - pleading with your eyes - gonna make you some peace some day! - You got mud on your face - you big disgrace - somebody better put you back into your place:'

The volume surges again as the pupils shout out,

'We will - we will - rock you! - We will - we will - rock you! - We will - we will - rock you! We will - we will - rock you!'

Junzo backs away from the agressive Nezumi & the chanting crowd, snarls, & finally takes to the air - flying high & disappearing over the roof of the school! The remainder of his friends run screaming. The schoolyard erupts into frenzied cheering, each & every pupil feeling an ecstatic pride!

Nezumi turns to her classmates closest to her & smiles innocently,

'Like I told him - just a singer.' ::halo

Suddenly the party is broken up by a blaze of golden light radiating from the school entrance. In an instant the pupils joy dies down to murmured whispering as Morioka-sensai, the Nova school principle, steps forward. The aura of golden fire blazes around her for a moment longer, then erupts out before disipating to nothing. Dressed in a severe business suit, & with a serious look on her face, the Nippontai leader steps over to Nezumi & addresses her,

'Miss Kasai - come with me.'

Not waiting for an answer she turns & strides back into the school. Nezumi sighs, then turns to wink & grin at her new classmates, before hurrying after the principle & disappearing inside the school.

Kenshi says,

"Ah.."

Hiro suddenly grins and says, slightly mockingly, and with just a trace of sarcasm,"That's our fearless leader and ruler to all us lowly mortals, Junzo Kamachi. A shining example of goodness and light in the darkness of our lives, and a friend to teacher and student alike, no matter how lowly or mean. Isn't that right Junzo?"

"Um.."

"Right."

Kenshi finishes with a lack of enthusiasm but manages a poker face.

... even as Jinsei finishes, one of Junzo's toughs (an athletic third-year pupil) steps forward & shoves Hiro to the ground! Kohana gasps & quickly kneels to help her fellow reporter, while Nezumi flashes a look of anger at Junzo.

Seeing the flunkie about to move, Jinsei takes a quick step towards Hiro (perhaps moving to protect him), but cannot cover the distance quickly enough, and Hiro hits the dirt. Calm still reigns over Jinsei's face, but he removes his hands from his pockets as he listens to Junzo.

At the sound of the massed voices Junzo's friends starts to galnce around nervously. The Nova himself frowns, but stands his ground. Nezumi dances a couple of steps forward, getting into his face,

'Buddy you're a young man - hard man - shouting in the street - gonna take on the world some day! - You got blood on yo' face - you big disgrace - waving your banner all over the place:'

Jinsei laughs delightedly, and the fallen Hiro feels a strong pair of hands lifting him from behind up onto his feet. Applauding Nezumi's performance, Jinsei surprises himself by joining in.

"We will, we will rock you!"

Not waiting for an answer she turns & strides back into the school. Nezumi sighs, then turns to wink & grin at her new classmates, before hurrying after the principle & disappearing inside the school.

Still suppressing the remnants of his hysterical laughter, Jinsei's bright eyes meet those of everyone present, pumping his fist as though asking, Can you believe that just happened?

... but does turn his dark glare from the Novox singer to Hiro as that slightly mocking trace of sarcasm reaches his ears...

...Hiro returns Juno's glare with a steady, look, and his grin takes on an impish quality until...

...Hiro frowns as the tough pushes him, and he's momentarily dazed, but quickly recovers. After giving Kohana a grateful smile and assuring that it's only his pride and that he'll recover, he starts to pull out his camera to record the brewing conflict when...

Jinsei laughs delightedly, and the fallen Hiro feels a strong pair of hands lifting him from behind up onto his feet. Applauding Nezumi's performance, Jinsei surprises himself by joining in.

As Nezumi starts to sing, Hiro forgets his camera, which he drops into his bag and like the others joins in, not even getting a chance to identify whomever helped helped him up and thank them...

'Like I told him - just a singer.' 

Suddenly the party is broken up by a blaze of golden light radiating from the school entrance. In an instant the pupils joy dies down to murmured whispering as Morioka-sensai, the Nova school principle, steps forward. The aura of golden fire blazes around her for a moment longer, then erupts out before disipating to nothing. Dressed in a severe business suit, & with a serious look on her face, the Nippontai leader steps over to Nezumi & addresses her,

Hiro was entranced, elated. He couldn't keep his eyes off Nezumi, his heart was racing, and he was thinking furiously...

*If anyone here wasn't a fan before, I bet they are now, excepting Junzo and his crowd, I expect. Cute, smart, and tough, gods what a combination! I hope she likes me. Ha! Like she'd go for you! C'mon!*

Still, he couldn't stop watching her as she walked away, or breaking into a huge grin ask she winked at them.

Still suppressing the remnants of his hysterical laughter, Jinsei's bright eyes meet those of everyone present, pumping his fist as though asking, Can you believe that just happened?

Still grinning from ear to ear, Hiro says, as if it sum it all up, "That was the most fun I've had in ages!" ::biggrin

Kio easily gets sweeped up in the song and is one of the first to clap, stomp and sing the refrain. He *loved* that feeling! The exilleration! Just like when he finds a brand new Ninja manual! Its so thrilling!

When the song finally ends...and Nezumi gets called into the school. He quickly tosses his now destroyed manga (it was right under him when he was stomping) into his backpack and runs to the other 1B-ers.

"Guys! Guys! We can't let Nezumi get in trouble! She was only helping Hiro out!" he looks slightly worried, not wanting to abandon her to the principals mercy considering the bullies history of lies.

"Guys! Guys! We can't let Nezumi get in trouble! She was only helping Hiro out!" he looks slightly worried, not wanting to abandon her to the principals mercy considering the bullies history of lies.

Hearing his name snaps Hiro out of hs reverie. Hearing this he starts to say, "Defending me? But..." when Jinsei interrupts.

"Yeah, you're right."

Without further ado, he steps resolutely off in the direction of Morioka-sensei's office.

Following quickly, Hiro says worriedly, "I didn't mean to get her into trouble. I just thought she should know what kind of guy Junzo was..."

Junzo backs away from the agressive Nezumi & the chanting crowd, snarls, & finally takes to the air - flying high & disappearing over the roof of the school! The remainder of his friends run screaming. The schoolyard erupts into frenzied cheering, each & every pupil feeling an ecstatic pride!

Kenji can't remember the last time he was so completely swept away! Feeling the music bond them around Nezumi, he willingly lets go and joins in the chorus, a grin spreading on his face.

'Like I told him - just a singer.' ::halo

*Yeah... Just a singer, but with guts too...*

Kenji puts his book away and is about to thank or congratulate Nezumi when the phoenix flames flare from the school building...

::smile

Still grinning from ear to ear, Hiro says, as if it sum it all up, "That was the most fun I've had in ages!" ::biggrin

"Yeah! Did you see that last look on Junzo's face? Priceless!!" ::biggrin

Kenji laughs out loud, happy to have been part of this lesson for the school bully.

"Guys!  Guys!  We can't let Nezumi get in trouble!  She was only helping Hiro out!"  he looks slightly worried, not wanting to abandon her to the principals mercy considering the bullies history of lies.

Kenji turns his head towards the boy coming running across the school yard.

"What? No..." ::huh

The seriousness returns to Jinsei's face as he meets Kio's gaze and considers this. After a moment, he nods as he admits,

"Yeah, you're right."

Without further ado, he steps resolutely off in the direction of Morioka-sensei's office.

"Whoa! Jinsei, wait!" ::blink

Kenji hoists his bag higher on his shoulder and hurries after the judo vice-president, walking along next to him while talking.

"She wasn't helping Hiro out... You were! She was giving Junzo a lesson - which was definitely called for - and Morioka-sensei will understand that! But it's not a problem, she not going to get her expelled just for taking Junzo up on his challenge!"

Never one to chicken out or leave classmates hanging, Kenji matches Jinsei's stride all the way as he tries to reason with him.

"All I'm saying is we have to do this right. What she did wasn't called for to help anyone, and we shouldn't pretend it was. She also broke the rules about nova powers, and Morioka-sensei will rightly chastise her for that. What we should do is to be her witnesses and make sure Morioka-sensei has all the facts. Nothing more. Do you agree?"

Kenshi finally says to no one and everyone,

"Wow, I'm impressed". Glad she's in our class too.

"Guys!  Guys!  We can't let Nezumi get in trouble!  She was only helping Hiro out!"  he looks slightly worried, not wanting to abandon her to the principals mercy considering the bullies history of lies.
The seriousness returns to Jinsei's face as he meets Kio's gaze and considers this. After a moment, he nods as he admits,

"Yeah, you're right."

Kenshi says to everyone’s backs as he holds on to Nezumi’s book bag and runs after them,

”Guys, we should trust the Principal will figure this out, she has the authority and is a telepath as well.

Kenji hoists his bag higher on his shoulder and hurries after the judo vice-president, walking along next to him while talking.

"She wasn't helping Hiro out... You were! She was giving Junzo a lesson - which was definitely called for - and Morioka-sensei will understand that! But it's not a problem, she not going to get her expelled just for taking Junzo up on his challenge!"

Never one to chicken out or leave classmates hanging, Kenji matches Jinsei's stride all the way as he tries to reason with him.

"All I'm saying is we have to do this right. What she did wasn't called for to help anyone, and we shouldn't pretend it was. She also broke the rules about nova powers, and Morioka-sensei will rightly chastise her for that. What we should do is to be her witnesses and make sure Morioka-sensei has all the facts. Nothing more. Do you agree?"

Kenshi says

”Kenji is right, except he missed the part about Junzo breaking the rules first. Before he flew away he was levitating around in here.

”Kenji is right, except he missed the part about Junzo breaking the rules first.  Before he flew away he was levitating around in here.

Sounding almost offended, Kenji replies

"No, I didn't miss it. ::glare Everybody saw that, and that's part of what Morioka-sensei needs to know!"

Kio looks unsure about the entire thing for a second, he really thought that she was helping a classmate out! She only started to use her powers *after* he was pushed over after all. He decided not to start an arguement about it.

"Well...Lets get to the principals office then. If nothing else, I saw everything from farther away."

"Yeah, I do. I don't think there's much else we can do; I just don't want Nezumi to get in trouble on her first day. If nothing else, it'll show her she isn't on her own."

Jinsei does not slow his stride at all for the argument developing around him, but at least he seems to be listening.

Archived