Trinity Universe: CC: The Revival.. (grins)

malkboy

You know, I might rather make a new character for this than play Eddie.. I like his character, but the problem is that he's stable enough that he's not really suited for an adventure of any sort. He'd be perfectly happy using his new improved sleight of hand to redefine the world of magic, and use the profits to settle down with Virginia and live happily ever after. That's just not.. fun to play.

I wouldn't mind playing him more, if you have an idea of how to counteract this, but it just seems out-of-character now for him to do anything other than sit this one out.

It would be good to play the darker side of the Aberrant universe, where there's no clear cut heroes or villains. Personally I'd like to play a Teragen member who focuses on personal enlightenment rather than being a screaming depraved monster begging for a smackdown.

That will be perfectly acceptable (to change characters)... Until I finish up designing the story I can't really make a suggestion on how to keep him about or counteract his desires.. :)

Nobody would have to stick to any character they had formerly... And experience has taught me.. game will be much smaller than original one.. and I need different source material (meaning more what I prep in advance) than what I would have IRL...

(AND I need to write everything on paper than type it up later..)

Malkboy, I suggest that you lower the character count, and kind of solidify something to draw the characters together. Levinwurth, the problem with a game featuring the quest for personal enlightenment is that on this forum, all games turn into that anyway and that would just be begging for trouble. ::sly ::tongue

There will be a player limit for the Revival of the game... that's what I meant by the game will be smaller. . .

To get those who are thinking about joining in a bit of an idea... here's some of the setting...

1. Continuation of the CC Universe (as promised)

2. Moving 3-4 years in the future (Hello T2M and Eufiber)

3. Starting location will be in Chicago...

As for the length of time it will be until the game actually starts, I don't yet know. I'm not going to start until I feel I've got at least enough to work with for awhile. But I'm working on it as quickly as I can...

(Glad to see there was intrest in this game coming back...)

I'd like to play Mike again - unless anyone would object to that (you never know who you may be offending on these forums ::lookaround ). I kinda' liked exploring his take on the whole rebel-thing.

As to being a hero or villain or whatever... well, I guess if left to his own devices he'd end up as an anti-hero type (happy to take the law into his own hands for what he sees as justified reasons).

I'd agree that there needs to be a more solid reason for the characters to interact - either that or malk' should be prepared for the ST nightmare of running a half-dozen parallel stories at once ::wacko ::wink .

I'm not so sure about advancing the time-line - one of the most appealing aspects of the game was the chance to be there 'at the start' & help to shape events as they unfolded. ::confused

Oh - do I get to keep the XP Mike had saved up? ::halo

Hmm....well, I definitly think reviving CC is a good idea ::thumbsup - I'm just not sure if I'm gonna play in it ::confused Having sent Martha/Mona into another game, I think it might get a little confusing if I stayed with her and basically ran two 'parallel world' versions of the same character.

I could make a new character, but I'm sort of happy with the number of games I'm in right now; however, I do volunteer my services to you, Malk, and would be happy to help in any way I can, including running non-player characters, from time to time at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay.. I'm almost ready to Re-Launch Cognizant Chimera... *GasP* Yes you heard right... We are emminant on a Re-Launch...

Some quick updates...

Because of the requests.. and general reaction, CC will only move 2 weeks into the future (So really think of the rescue of Xander as an end of scene..), I will be only taking in 6 players to start this second time (so I don't feel I have to wait quite so long for everyone to reply.. and we can keep this game rolling), the player limit will increase by a couple when I am more comfortable (so feel free to toss your hat in), and finally I want to thank everyone who played the first time. It really was fun while it lasted, however much hair I pulled out...

I know 2 of the 6 are already in (they've been helping me keep my sanity while I got stuff together for this, and got my confidence back)... If you're intrested please send me a PM with your desire (same character/new character) and I'll get the process started for restarting the heart of the beast...

If there is enough interest in the game that I think it's advisable.. I'll run two branches of it (ala QZ / QZ:E) once I get back in the swing of it but I am sticking firm to 6 people to start CC again.

Thanks for your time...

The Evil, Insane ST,

malkboy ::damien

Holy ::devil...

Not only are we filled with players for CC.. (the revival of at least) .. but we've got enough to start a small second story in a couple weeks if people still want (as soon as I finish working out the details) ... My universe will be an equal cross over opportunity event in due time... Keeping in mind, that I would try to keep the numbers of characters in each story equal... So no long term jumps unless someone jumps the other way... Details on both stories to follow soon... :)

Oh and one more thing... In the CC universe.. 1 PC per person for the universe..

Yep - I still wanna' play with good ol' rebelious Mike, if you can still fit th' guy into one of your stories. ::thumbsup

(It always seems to me that when STs say they're starting a new game & set a limit for the number of PCs the game fills up sometime between the time I go to bed at night, & the time I get back from work the next day... Damn time zones... ::rolleyes ::wink )

Unless my Mega-Int brain arrived via UPS... let me go check... (sound of footfalls....) OW... (more footfalls)... Nope.. still this rotton and insane one... I wasn't expecting an instant second story... but I'll work on it as fast as I can.. (besides... it may take a few days just for some people to convey thier characters to me... and me get back with them... given I have a real job for the moment being... )

malk

Archived